S
Valkyrja
Adit
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pogba vs Thiago - Page 3 Empty Re: Pogba vs Thiago

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:50 pm

Sure, he was injured in the knockouts, so we can realistically rate his perf, but he was very good in groups? How was Pogba playing vs Atletico, if i recall it was the only good team in his group. Was he very good vs Atletico?

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:57 pm

It is not even up for debate as it stands, Pogba is one of the top performers of Juve for two years while Thiago has been irrelevant during said time.

Now Jack Wilshere vs Thiago is something I could get behind.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:06 pm

top performer in case of what skill moves and some goals?

anytime i have seen juve pirlo does all the passing and real midfield work, how has pogba been fairing having to do actual work outside of running around and taking shots? as far as being a proper mid goes thiago>pogba facts.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:09 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Sure, he was injured in the knockouts, so we can realistically rate his perf, but he was very good in groups? How was Pogba playing vs Atletico, if i recall it was the only good team in his group. Was he very good vs Atletico?

Was anyone on Madrid very good against Atleti last season?  Second game between Juve and Atleti was a wash...  Both teams only needed a draw and neither attacked at all.  Incredibly boring game.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:12 pm

Chad you're talking out of your arse on this one. Please stop. Don't want to expose you. You probably only saw Pogba twice last season... I wager it was the Madrid 2nd leg when he just came back from injury and the CL final against Barca where Juve were reduced to a counter attack team (not their style).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:22 pm

sportsczy wrote:Chad you're talking out of your arse on this one. Please stop. Don't want to expose you. You probably only saw Pogba twice last season... I wager it was the Madrid 2nd leg when he just came back from injury and the CL final against Barca where Juve were reduced to a counter attack team (not their style).

even before that it was the same, i know what im looking for in a mid and i see it more thiago and verratti than pogba, you know my stance on this since day one, i was never in favor of pogba even at the peak of his hype, he just never does enough outside of skills and athletic ability, he needs to be a more a complete mid to cost 80 mil, and i always preferred casemrio who does more as well without the hype.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:26 pm

Again, you haven't watched him. Your bias for illaramendi stopped you last season. I know you didn't because your comments have no basis in fact.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:35 pm

sportsczy wrote:Again, you haven't watched him. Your bias for illaramendi stopped you last season. I know you didn't because your comments have no basis in fact.

what basis? you mean picking a random game of the top of my head? i watched all of france world cup games and the juve games against madrid 4 of them and couple cl games and the cup game against napoli, league game here or there, in all of those he looked the same, not saying he is a bad player or anything he just doesn't do enough for me, been saying even before last season you know this.

you know im spot on with illarra, i was only one who said lucas silva wasn't better than him after his first game, when everybody was praising him for looking athletic and his running around, i know what to look for when i watch games that it.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:43 pm

This clearly calls for a youtube vid with cheap electro house

Barca can have Pogba lmao
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:53 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:This clearly calls for a youtube vid with cheap electro house

Barca can have Pogba lmao

smoking

Can't compete with Pogba in YouTube videos.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:54 pm

sportsczy wrote:Taking me out of the equation... Is there one Juve fan or even Serie A fan that didn't consider Pogba fantastic until Feb last season? Or is being overplayed and injured only valid circumstances for players in other leagues? Still makes me laugh when everyone says hr was meh in elimination round games when he barely played amy due to injury and came back just in time for CL semis 2nd leg. He was very good in pool play when fresh and healthy.

He hasn't started out well this season because he's acclimating to new teammates and a new position. He's not comfortable yet.

"Overplayed". Ronaldo has played almost all the games he was eligible for in the last 10 years. That's a 100m player. not this flashy version of yaya
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:11 pm

Thiagos body cant handle top flight football, which is why he breaks down all the time. if I cant play you, it doesn't matter how good you are. its just as much a part of being a player as dribbling or touch.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:42 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Taking me out of the equation... Is there one Juve fan or even Serie A fan that didn't consider Pogba fantastic until Feb last season? Or is being overplayed and injured only valid circumstances for players in other leagues? Still makes me laugh when everyone says hr was meh in elimination round games when he barely played amy due to injury and came back just in time for CL semis 2nd leg. He was very good in pool play when fresh and healthy.

He hasn't started out well this season because he's acclimating to new teammates and a new position. He's not comfortable yet.

"Overplayed". Ronaldo has played almost all the games he was eligible for in the last 10 years. That's a 100m player. not this flashy version of yaya

because you don't get tackled as hard in La Liga. Most serie a teams tackle like Atletico. and the rest of the time Ronaldo throws himself at the slightest touch.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:46 pm

cr plays every game because he plays zero defense 95% of the season, hard to get fatigue when you walk as much as he does.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:39 am

hate to divert away from the topic...but there are many players who never played defense but still had fatigue and injury issues. for example, the original ronaldo. now if u say, their styles are obviously different, el phenomeno having to face tackles from dribbling whilst cristiano poaches in the final third, i can understand that. but even then, there are guys who neither play defense nor dribble a lot (inzaghi, crespo, klose etc) and still can't play the number of games cristiano has played due to them getting inured or fatigued

we can fault cristiano for a lot of things, and we can critique his priorities and all that. but the fact he plays the number of games he does, defense or no defense is impressive. the last major injury he had (and by major injury i mean, where he's been out for close to or more than a month), was in his first season, and that was due to a hard tackle when we played marseille,(pepe the witch doctor, anyone remember his prediction?) not some knock where nobody touches u you or fouls but u just feel pain

and let's not forget, u can't break down a player's lack of fatigue or wear and tear strictly to him not defending...training alone whether with the team or privately can cause wear and tear, just ask coentrao, who has had like 90 percent of his "injuries" away from official matches.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:31 am

cr obviously take care of himself very professional in that aspect, but he walks a lot and just stands still, until the team is back on the attack, the team plays through him so much, that he doesn't need to run until he is closed to the box, or wants to take a shot outside, again not much running needed unless he feels like it, the team is tailor made to get the best out of cr, without him over exerting himself for majority of a season, always been like that especially when he stopped dribbling as much.

Take away cr goals he is a guy who walks around and take shots all game, add the goals just a guy with bunch of golden boots and few trophies Proud.

edit: done with off topic stuff.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:55 am

my point wasn't about his goals, golden boots, balon d'ors nor any of that stuff....there are very many players in football who do less than nothing but still can't manage to play 20 matches in a season, let alone start in 50, 60 plus matches in a season.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:37 pm

Ronaldo would be worth more than Pogba, more than 100M even in 2015...

If he wasn't...

Wait for it...

Almost there....

Almost 10 *bleep* years older than him. Do I have to go on a rant about supply & demand, factors in a players valuation etc etc again?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:59 pm

ronaldo is worth more than pogba lol, even now
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:10 pm

Even if 20 clubs wanted to pay 300M for Ronaldo the point still stands it has absolutely no negative affect on Pogba's value whatsoever and the "X player is better, therefore Pogba is not worth 100M" bullshit is not valid.

As if some people still go for the 'he's not WORTH that much' argument. The teams who are actually making offers and the teams who set the asking prices who actually dictate the REALITY of players prices would disagree.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:23 am

yup you can't use what one player is worth to come to conclusions of another. teams that are selling players usually do it though. but what pogba is worth is largely dependent on how juve values him and his current contract. the more years he has on his contract, the higher the power of juve's bargaining position. whether we like it or not, the fact that he'll be only 23 next season and has over a 100 professional games under his belt, with most of those games being starts, (some young players can have large number of games under their belts but most of those as subs) means juve can ask for whatever it is they want whether anyone likes it, loves it or hates it and it will be up to the clubs who want him to bargain and try and cut down the price. but if any team wants him next summer, i don't see juve letting him go for less than 50 million (they can probably even ask for way more). i just hope we (madrid) don't get involved. he's a good player but we have more than enough midfielders already i think
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:52 am

tbh tom i dont see whats your point? If Ronaldo is openly on the market some teams will go nuts trying to get, and that includes some of the biggest spenders in footy if CR is open to move to them, City, Psg, united. So while what you say is correct about Pogba being on the demand, what i am saying about CR is also true if he was equally available to teams out there, regardless of his age.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:07 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:ronaldo is worth more than pogba lol, even now
Is he? If you sign Ronaldo now you can expect top performances for 2 or 3 more years and then sell him for pretty much 0, right? The guy is 31 and the average retiring age/going to the gulf countries age is something like 34 or 35. With Pogba you can expect him to fill his contract and probably be better and priced the same or more by the end.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:11 am

He shouldn't be, but he is, no doubt about it IMO. Him and Messi have become more than normal players, and this comes with the package. It's why they can't be subbed, can't miss a game, etc.

I mean, just imagine Man U or PSG or whoever were to bid for him today. Would they really go under 100m?
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:42 am

Personally, if I were in charge of a club, I would not pay that. But I can understand how PSG or United might given their track record of over paying.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:44 am

With Ronaldo, it's different... The amount of marketing and merchandising revenue he brings is ridiculous. So that's why 100 plus is a recoverable number and then some.

For Bein Sport, imagine the increase in tv viewership and additional coverage if Ronaldo was at PSG.

Ronaldo most definitely will and should be worth over 100. In fact, to PSG, he may be worth 200... And you all know I'm no Cr fan.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next