Firenze
Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
zizzle
Onyx
23 posters

Page 34 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:28 am

good time to get the munchies

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:28 am

Bryan faced Sheamus in a pre show match at WM 27. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:20 pm

Orton vs Cena for the 4,000th time in the past 2 years

I know why, because Orton is facing every EC opponent in singles competition like they said

but still.... who cares at this point? Cena will win, judging by Bryans win they're going once again with the Pussy Orton angle where he's the champ but made to look like Kofi Jobston before the PPV
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:27 pm

M99 wrote:
Firenze wrote:Best for who?

Everyone who has been watching WWE this past year without Bryan hate glasses on.

As someone who hasn't followed wrestling for the past few years and only just got back into it at the Royal Rumble I am struggling to see why Bryan is so hyped by long time fans. The dude is unimpressive, looks like a hobo and is boring to listen to. Is there some movement by long time WWE fans to try and get the company to change and Bryan is just being used as the spearhead, later to be dropped and quickly forgotten if the fans ever get their way? Because that's what it looks like to me.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:35 pm

Can see the Shield facing each other in a triple threat at WM for the U.S. title. They'll lose to the Wyatt's at EC due to a disagreement etc during the match.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:38 pm

I think the best thing to do with the Shield is let Reigns seperate, then bring in some other guy so Rollins and Ambrose can carry on being the Shield instead of part of the shitty tag team division

Of course you could seperate all 3, but 3 new single competitors all at the same time would mean at least one of them will job and job hard.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:38 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:
M99 wrote:

Everyone who has been watching WWE this past year without Bryan hate glasses on.

As someone who hasn't followed wrestling for the past few years and only just got back into it at the Royal Rumble I am struggling to see why Bryan is so hyped by long time fans. The dude is unimpressive, looks like a hobo and is boring to listen to. Is there some movement by long time WWE fans to try and get the company to change and Bryan is just being used as the spearhead, later to be dropped and quickly forgotten if the fans ever get their way? Because that's what it looks like to me.

You hit the nail on the head. This is EXACTLY what I feel it is. Zach Ryder was being cheered a few years ago for this reason.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:40 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I think the best thing to do with the Shield is let Reigns seperate, then bring in some other guy so Rollins and Ambrose can carry on being the Shield instead of part of the shitty tag team division

Of course you could seperate all 3, but 3 new single competitors all at the same time would mean at least one of them will job and job hard.

Yeah. I agree with this. Otherwise I can see them falling into obscurity. I still find the Shield entertaining.

Should insert Barrett into The Shield IMO hmm

Yohan Modric wrote:Can see the Shield facing each other in a triple threat at WM for the U.S. title. They'll lose to the Wyatt's at EC due to a disagreement etc during the match.

Nah. Don't want Reigns to lose or be held down by that jobber title.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:41 pm

"I've got some bad news for ya"

*shield theme*

Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:47 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:
M99 wrote:

That's like watching a TV show finale and wondering why certain things are happening. The entire storyline needs to be viewed to understand why Bryan is so over.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:50 pm

Not really

It's not like he's been part of a mega complex emotional, character driven storyline.

He's barely changed from the beginning.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:52 pm

Zack Ryder made youtube videos and got popular. He deserves credit for actually doing something to get over. That's completely different to why Bryan is over.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:53 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Zack Ryder made youtube videos and got popular. He deserves credit for actually doing something to get over. That's completely different to why Bryan is over.

Implying that Bryan doesn't deserve to be over, and he's merely a product of angry fans? hmm
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:55 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:
M99 wrote:

I started watching regularly again after WM28 and i struggled to understand how someone like Bryan was feuding with CM punk for the WWE title. Long term fans told me that i didnt get it, and i thought its them who didnt. But i kept an eye on him, saw how great his matches are and how he can work the crowd like no other. They put him with Kane to create a comedy tag team, but no matter how stupid the things they did were, it seemed that they were making the best out of it, the fans loved it, i thought it was cheesy but i loved it. Bryan just grew on me, i loved everything this guy does and i came to realize that he had something that others dont. It's not just ring skills, its not the average mic skills, its not the hobo look, its that connection between a performer and his fans and only a few guys in today's business have.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:58 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Zack Ryder made youtube videos and got popular. He deserves credit for actually doing something to get over. That's completely different to why Bryan is over.

He started making videos because he was trying to get himself over because the WWE didn't believe in him. Didn't think he was going to amount of anything. Wasn't good enough to get TV time. Crowd only cheered him because he wasn't a product of the WWE that they were forcing down the audience's throats. Don't know about you but that sounds an awful lot like Bryan to me. Of course, Zach Ryder actually had a better gimmick than Bryan, though.

Also, didn't they make Ryder lose quite a lot and they he actually got the payoff (won some jobber title, think it was the US title?) and once that happened, what happened? crowd weren't that interested. Same thing will happen to Bryan, because then his entire "gimmick" dissolves.

Last edited by Firenze on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:58 pm

zizzle wrote:
Jonathan28 wrote:
M99 wrote:

I started watching regularly again after WM28 and i struggled to understand how someone like Bryan was feuding with CM punk for the WWE title. Long term fans told me that i didnt get it, and i thought its them who didnt. But i kept an eye on him, saw how great his matches are and how he can work the crowd like no other. They put him with Kane to create a comedy tag team, but no matter how stupid the things they did were, it seemed that they were making the best out of it, the fans loved it, i thought it was cheesy but i loved it. Bryan just grew on me, i loved everything this guy does and i came to realize that he had something that others dont. It's not just ring skills, its not the average mic skills, its not the hobo look, its that connection between a performer and his fans and only a few guys in today's business have.

Agreed. Back in 2011 when people were hyping him, I just thought he was just some generic midcarder who's only good in the ring. However he's grown a lot since then.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:58 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I think the best thing to do with the Shield is let Reigns seperate, then bring in some other guy so Rollins and Ambrose can carry on being the Shield instead of part of the shitty tag team division

You're right, 3 single performers at once is a bit too much, but two 3 man tag teams are too much as well, especially that they cant push both strongly before they run out of strong competition who can do the job.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:03 pm

Firenze wrote:

He started making videos because he was trying to get himself over because the WWE didn't believe in him. Didn't think he was going to amount of anything. Wasn't good enough to get TV time. Crowd only cheered him because he wasn't a product of the WWE that they were forcing down the audience's throats. Don't know about you but that sounds an awful lot like Bryan to me. Of course, Zach Ryder actually had a better gimmick than Bryan, though.

Ryder was a jobber and he was never on TV in 2011, so he made a youtube show to try and get over and he did. WWE were indifferent towards him, just like they are with every other jobber. He just wanted more TV time. That's completely different to Bryan's situation.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:04 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
zizzle wrote:
Jonathan28 wrote:

Agreed. Back in 2011 when people were hyping him, I just thought he was just some generic midcarder who's only good in the ring. However he's grown a lot since then.

How has he grown? he's still incredibly mediocre on the mic, I swear his in ring work back then was more varied hmm he's not some incredible performer in the ring.

Not hating, since I didn't watch his early days that much, so I don't have enough information to accurately compare, but I don't see how he has grown at all. He relies on a simplistic gimmick and a fed up, irritated fanbase for cheap pops. Put him in any other era and he's lucky to appear on the A shows (Smackdown & Raw) once a month.

Only time I have found Bryan enjoyable was during Team Hell No and the trips to the counselor or whatever. That was actually pretty good. Should go back to that IMO.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:08 pm

Holy s#!% Wade Barrett would make so much sense on the Shield! Make it happen, Vince!!! bounce 
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:11 pm

Barely any main eventers have an over the top gimmick. They just have simple distinguishing traits/catchphrases.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:12 pm

As of this past weekend, Sting still had not signed a contract with WWE.

Those in WWE are saying the deal is super close to being done. Right now it's believed they are working on the merchandising part of the deal. The idea, which can change, is that they will not use Sting at WrestleMania XXX but likely will at WrestleMania 31 in California next year.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:13 pm

He was leader of the Nexus aswell

He's a good team player ffs

It's actually a good idea all joking aside.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:18 pm

The Nexus were The Shield before The Shield became The Shield :bow:

Make. It. Happen.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:18 pm

Regarding the CM Punk situation, it is not being treated as a situation where they're just letting him go. Vince McMahon does not want Punk to leave because he recognizes Punk's drawing power. There are company officials, some with power, who want Punk gone but Vince does not.

Rob Van Dam noted on Twitter that he hopes to return to WWE in time for WrestleMania XXX.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:19 pm

Regarding Sting's status with WWE, it's said that he is ready to sign but it's just not seen as a big deal internally and not a high priority. We noted before that Sting likely won't wrestle at WrestleMania XXX this year.

There are people pushing for Sting to work WrestleMania XXX but those people don't have a lot of power.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next