Firenze
zizzle
Lex
the xcx
RealGunner
33 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chelsea agree £11m deal for Salah - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea agree £11m deal for Salah

Post by zizzle Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:46 am

Is it just me or Chelsea's new strategy is to buy players that their rivals want ?

zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Chelsea agree £11m deal for Salah - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea agree £11m deal for Salah

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:51 am

zizzle wrote:Is it just me or Chelsea's new strategy is to buy players that their rivals want ?

Nah, that's giving them too much credit. All they need is a whiff of hype and a players name and he's purchased. Got lucky on Oscar, but other than that, it's been a bit sad.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:56 am

No shame in me writing this but I have no idea who this Salah player is. Probably watched like 3 Basel matches tops, ever.

So for 11 million quid, I do hope he is some sort of good...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:11 am

Didn't he get heat for not shaking hands with Jewish players? Gonna be pretty awks when he meets Roman:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/basels-egyptian-mohamad-salah-refuses-to-shake-hands-with-maccabi-tel-aviv/
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:20 am

Sepi rofl

Salah went to liverpool to pass his medical and then took the plane to london. pool doctors were kind enough to send his bio to chelsea Proud

2nd hijacked transfer of the year for mou
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:25 am

Le Samourai wrote:
zizzle wrote:Is it just me or Chelsea's new strategy is to buy players that their rivals want ?

Nah, that's giving them too much credit. All they need is a whiff of hype and a players name and he's purchased. Got lucky on Oscar, but other than that, it's been a bit sad.
Says the one whose club has bought players like Sahin? Okay.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:27 am

And by the way, its funny to see these comments on the deal. We've sold Mata & De Bruyne but apparently we're not allowed to have any subs on the bench. Having Oscar/Willian/Hazard is all we need, according to GL.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:28 am

:facepalm:

Bad move for his career. He'll rot on the bench there.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:29 am

Blue Barrett wrote:

Any fan who should know about a club hoarding talent is a Real Madrid fan so any comments from us should be duly noted. Because we know and understand...Sad
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:30 am

Betty La Fea wrote:Great move. Quick, puts a shift in, and hungry. Most importantly he will also KNOW HIS PLACE. Keep the bench Nice and Warm for Willian and Oscar.

He is everything Mata was not.
Listen mate, I dunno if Mata had taken your lunch in the past but you need to leave that lad alone ffs. Get off it!
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:41 am

Blue Barrett wrote:And by the way, its funny to see these comments on the deal. We've sold Mata & De Bruyne but apparently we're not allowed to have any subs on the bench. Having Oscar/Willian/Hazard is all we need, according to GL.
You have 23 players on loan ffs Laughing Including players like Josh "better than Wilshere" McEachran, Oriol Romeu, Moses and Marko Marin, as well as Gael Kakuta hiding in the janitor's closet

Don't pretend like Chelsea are short on players and have to resort to dipping into the market to add depth out of desperation Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:56 am

Lex wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:And by the way, its funny to see these comments on the deal. We've sold Mata & De Bruyne but apparently we're not allowed to have any subs on the bench. Having Oscar/Willian/Hazard is all we need, according to GL.
You have 23 players on loan ffs :lol:Including players like Josh "better than Wilshere" McEachran, Oriol Romeu, Moses and Marko Marin, as well as Gael Kakuta hiding in the janitor's closet

Don't pretend like Chelsea are short on players and have to resort to dipping into the market to add depth out of desperation Laughing
Keyword "players on loan" and most of them are on season long loans. We didn't plan to sell De Bruyne and Mata when we started the season. Well they're gone now and we're short in numbers. God forbid that we actually try to get 1 player in for the 2 players that left.

No idea why you even mention Josh & Romeu. Both CMs/DMs. How does that relate?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:01 am

Meh, good player. Exactly what Mou likes in his squad. Pretty fast and has a good eye for Goal.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:03 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:

I've been fairly critical of the way we use our players, however, Chelsea more than outdoes us. It's really like buying 5 different versions of Canales every year, except, unfortunately, none of them are English.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:07 am

Le Samourai wrote:It's really like buying 5 different versions of Canales every year, except, unfortunately, none of them are English.

Racism. ROFL
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:25 am

Lord Awesome wrote:Meh, good player. Exactly what Mou likes in his squad. Pretty fast and has a good eye for Goal.
Actually the "good eye for goal" is his biggest problem. The amount of chances he killed in the RSL is legendary. He is mainly *really* fast. He needs a lot of playing time to develop, but I fear after the first missed big chances he won't get it anymore at Chelsea.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:28 am

Yeah, his finishing is awful. Chelsea is the wrong place for him to develop.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:30 am

rwo power wrote:
Lord Awesome wrote:Meh, good player. Exactly what Mou likes in his squad. Pretty fast and has a good eye for Goal.
Actually the "good eye for goal" is his biggest problem. The amount of chances he killed in the RSL is legendary. He is mainly *really* fast. He needs a lot of playing time to develop, but I fear after the first missed big chances he won't get it anymore at Chelsea.

Well, he's a Wing Forward. It's not like I'd expect him to score en masse, either. I expect him to score when the going gets tough. He's shown that much at least.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:36 am

Lord Awesome wrote:Well, he's a Wing Forward. It's not like I'd expect him to score en masse, either. I expect him to score when the going gets tough. He's shown that much at least.
He's shown this mainly in CL and EL when Basel went against strong opponents that didn't hide. He needs space for the way he plays. If he goes against teams that play deep and mainly defend (which was the case in the RSL and which will be the case in the bread-and-butter matches of the PL against opponents weaker than Chelsea), then he will likely not look as good.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:38 am

I fail to see how he is a Mourinho type of player. Can he put a defensive shift in when required? I don't think so.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:43 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:I fail to see how he is a Mourinho type of player. Can he put a defensive shift in when required? I don't think so.

That's what I used to think about Ronaldo and Di Maria. Now look at them.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:46 am

rwo power wrote:He's shown this mainly in CL and EL when Basel went against strong opponents that didn't hide. He needs space for the way he plays. If he goes against teams that play deep and mainly defend (which was the case in the RSL and which will be the case in the bread-and-butter matches of the PL against opponents weaker than Chelsea), then he will likely not look as good.

True words. Faster players tend not to shine when playing in closed spaces. I'm guessing it would be wise for Mou to keep him on the bench and then bring him on when Chelsea decide to run from the cops. Very Happy
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:47 am

Salah is just going to do what he is told, whenever i saw Basel in CL they were always working hard as a team. it will be enough at chelsea.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:57 am

I can see him being an impact sub type player with pace off the bench, for £11m can't complain heavily hopefully if he turns good and we don't need him we can sell him on for a significant profit.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:09 am

So what are the odds on how long it will take Gil to say that Salah is the new Messi and requests that Willian sits on the bench?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:21 am

Lord Awesome wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:I fail to see how he is a Mourinho type of player. Can he put a defensive shift in when required? I don't think so.

That's what I used to think about Ronaldo and Di Maria. Now look at them.

You used to wonder if Di Maria would put in a defensive shift?

You actually think Cristiano does or did?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next