RealGunner
Highburied
DuringTheWar
urbaNRoots
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
45 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

Arsene Wenger Contract Discussion Thread Empty Arsene Wenger Contract Discussion Thread

Post by Arsenal4Eternity_dennab Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:25 pm

So, the mirror has just stated that
Gunners chief set for two more years in charge before becoming next David Dein.

Arsene Wenger will sign a new two-year deal with Arsenal – then become the club’s transfer Mr Fixit in the boardroom, reports Alan Nixon in the Sunday People .

The veteran Gunners chief is prepared to stay on at the Emirates Stadium after thinking long and hard about his future. Wenger, 64, will agree a move ‘upstairs’ as transfer troubleshooter and talent spotter.

The Frenchman has told pals he thinks he can do the job that David Dein used to carry out for Arsenal – and has been a problem area since the former vice-chairman left.

For now Wenger has the appetite to carry on as team boss and talks are advanced over the new deal – and his eventual promotion.

Sources close to Wenger say he had been thinking of bowing out this season if Arsenal had not been a force.

Wenger was worried that maybe he had been around too long and was also shaken by the health scare that hit sidekick Pat Rice.

But Arsenal’s new lease of life this season, and the way they have come through some tough tests lately, have convinced the Frenchman he still has what it takes.

Wenger has kept his own contract situation out of the limelight by ducking questions about it, but now the signs are positive.

The long-serving chief is happy to run the first team for a couple more years but he is also dead set on helping out behind the scenes after that.

Dein was the man who “found” Wenger and the pair were a great team until club politics drove the wheeler-dealer out.

Wenger thinks he can do a similar job, searching out talent and representing the club around the world.

LINK: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-news-arsene-wenger-contract-2989515

What do you guys think? And who do you think will replace Arsene?
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsene Wenger Contract Discussion Thread Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Contract Discussion Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:22 pm

"@JWTelegraph: Ivan Gazidis on Wenger contract. "Arsene will be extending with us and at the right time we will make that announcement." #afc"
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Arsene Wenger Contract Discussion Thread Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Contract Discussion Thread

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:30 pm

I doubt he'd make the decision to move to the boardroom that far in advance. A lot could change in 2 years
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:38 pm

Why do you say 2 years, Wenger has 5-6 months left in his current contract if that is what you mean.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:43 pm

It says he will extend his contract 2 years then move to the boardroom after that. To me, that seems quite a long way into the future to already decide a career change
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:56 pm

Congratz to the Boss.

(Safe choice)
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:25 pm

Seeing United in this condition. I am dreading the day Arsene leaves.

I know he will leave a better squad and that our board will surely pick someone of high class.

but still

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:57 pm

I hope we are not wasting time on Wenger contract talk, the whole world knows Wenger will do back-flips to sign a extension with Arsenal. Wenger has total power at Arsenal, no team in the world will give him that power. Wenger signed life time with Arsenal long time ago, this is just part of the game, he knows he wont survive not being Arsenal BOSS.

Rosicky, Per and Sagna are more important.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:47 pm

So there actually is a legit chance that Arsene retires/steps down after this summer. Specially if we don't win anything because Arsene believes the fans won't want him anymore which is right for 40% of the fans maybe? can't estimate that.

But the question is what next?

I can't imagine life after Arsene. He has been there since I was 4 years old. Personally i really hope he signs on but I also have to think the possibility he would leave.

So who do we have in mind?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:02 am

We need him to stay for a few more years regardless of what happens at the end of the season. After all the things we have been through with the stadium debt, star players leaving, trophyless years, The last thing the club needs at the moment is more transition and crisis. Despite the trophyless years He has done a good job of managing the club through a difficult period and has kept us at the top with Europe's elite.

If worse comes to worse and He does leave then my ideal replacement would be Low or Rudi Garcia.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:09 am

dont want to think about it
what Patron said

pls stay,not the time for change,pls
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:53 am

Manager expected to wait on outcome of Arsenal's season before deciding whether to sign new contract

Arsenal will have a £100 million transfer budget this summer but it is now expected that Arsène Wenger will wait until the end of the season before signing a new contract.

The club remain extremely confident that Wenger will extend his deal, probably by three more years, but there is a growing acceptance that he will not interrupt his preparations for the final two months of the season to deal with contract negotiations.

Wenger has indicated a definite desire to stay in talks with Ivan Gazidis, the club’s chief executive, but has always said that results would determine whether he felt that it was right to sign a deal that would take him into a third decade at the club.

Arsenal are favourites to win the FA Cup and so end a nine-year wait for silverware, while the derby win against Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday also means that they remain in contention for what would be a third ‘double’ of Wenger’s tenure.

The flip side, however, is that failing to win a trophy from this position would arguably amount to the biggest single disappointment of Wenger’s 18 years at the club.

Wenger has often suggested that he would not want to stay if he felt that he had underperformed or lost significant support from the club’s fan base.

Although Paris St-Germain and Barcelona could be realistic options this summer, it is understood that Wenger’s clear intention is to finish the season strongly with Arsenal and lead them into a new era of success.

(Telegraph, Jeremy Wilson)
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:46 am

When Wenger leaves, whom would you prefer as the new manager. I don't think either the fans or the board will accept some stop-gap solution and would rather want a person who can fill-in for years.

Klopp may be, eh!!! Frankly I don't see any manager who is good and young enough for 5+ years.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:15 am

Klopp obviously but impossible right now. Steve Bould is good candidate, he has done good job as assistant and unlike Pat I think he has characteristics to be head coach. Martinez is also good shout, people ripped him up at Wigan after the relegation but we all seen what he can do with decent squad this season. Dennis Bergkamp is also choice for the future but his fear of flight might put us off since team travel quite a bit.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:23 am

Wenger will select his successor the same way SAF did, let's just hope he makes a much better choice.

It'll probably be his friend in Japan, Stojković, apparently they share the same football philosophy and Wenger will want to appoint someone he knows he won't screw up his hard work here. It also fits Wenger's philosophy of bringing unknown but potentially world class recruits eco smile
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:29 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Wenger will select his successor the same way SAF did, let's just hope he makes a much better choice.

It'll probably be his friend in Japan, Stojković, apparently they share the same football philosophy and Wenger will want to appoint someone he knows he won't screw up his hard work here. It also fits Wenger's philosophy of bringing unknown but potentially world class recruits eco smile

Heh true that but Stojkovic now is like an urban legend to me Very Happy One thinks he would make an European jump by now after 6 years in Japan, maybe he's waiting on Wenger Smile
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:33 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Wenger will select his successor the same way SAF did, let's just hope he makes a much better choice.

Please NO

We will end up in a situation than Moyes and Yanited  Sad
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:33 pm

lol why would appointing Stojkovic put us in the same position as United?

If the guy knows his football then it'll show, just like with Wenger, you don't need to have achieved a lot beforehand to succeed at a big club. And like AVB, achieving things at other clubs doesn't translate to success when you upgrade.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:02 am

Arsène Wenger has given the strongest indication yet that he will banish the uncertainty over his future by signing a new contract to remain at Arsenal beyond this summer. "It will be done soon," said the Frenchman on Friday. "But I want now to focus on the end of the season."

"I think so, yes. I want to do well. And the expectation level and the impatience is there. My commitment is full. I do not want to look somewhere else. I want to stay here. There shouldn't be any uncertainty at all. My desire is to stay. It will be done soon but I want now to focus on the end of the season."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/21/arsene-wenger-arsenal-contract-extension
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:32 pm

I hope he does not sign it. We need change.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:03 pm

It's that kneejerking time of the season, innit.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:29 pm

6unner wrote:I hope he does not sign it. We need change.

as if we got better alternative  Laughing 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:49 pm

Apparently He has told the players "play for me until the end of the season or I am leaving"

I don't usually believe in rumours but this one seems to have a degree of truth to it.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:53 pm

That rumour comes from an "Internet Bullshit Artist" who has an agenda against Wenger. No doubt that recent circumstances have provided a prime opportunity for shit stirring.

Indication from the club and the man himself is that he's staying, and that's all we have to go on. Anything else is pure speculation.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:58 pm

EL Patron wrote:Apparently He has told the players   "play for me until the end of the season or I am leaving"

I don't usually believe in rumours but this one seems to have a degree of truth to it.

I like that better than the BS about him stepping down. Wenger doesn't leave things undone, there's no way he'd do that mid-season anyway.

But that would be good, the players are letting him down to an unbelievable degree.

Wenger took responsibility for the loss and fans are putting it all on him but there is an amount he can't control. Did he make Ox cock that ball up that was going out anyway and kill the game? Did he tell Koscielny to go back to being the incompetent rookie we signed four years ago? Did he make Szczesny play the most apathetic game I've seen him play in an Arsenal shirt?

Rosicky was the only one who could walk off with some dignity.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next