Abramovich
DeletedUser#1
RealGunner
Firenze
McAgger
71 posters

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 11 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:00 am

Why let him stay in summer and sack him NOW though?

They're only 2 points away from top 4.
They lost at Old Trafford last season too so that can't be a deal breaker.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 11 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic

Post by iftikhar Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:06 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Why let him stay in summer and sack him NOW though?

We had just 45 mins of decent football out a possible 450. Do you expect this to improve along time???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:18 am

iftikhar wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Why let him stay in summer and sack him NOW though?

We had just 45 mins of decent football out a possible 450. Do you expect this to improve along time???

I would expect it to improve, yes. Was the same last season too. Horribly uninspired football at the start, Rodgers did adress it with a system change.

Do I think it will improve consistently and decisively enough?
No.

But then your board decided Rodgers stays and I really don't think after yesterday's game, away at OT without your best 2 players, is the occasion to call an end.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:16 am

Don't call me James wrote:Why Heil? Why 2 more games? I don't get it. All of a sudden he'll be viewed as some sort of a better manger if he wins the next 2 matches.

We play Norwich and some other shitty team. Why would those 2 matches change anything? It's very much likely we could possibly win both but will that really change anything? Another *bleep* season of transition to be written off.

Well, the appropriate decision was to sack him right away after the 6-1 loss to Stoke. So FSG decided against it, they let him stay in the summer and backed him. Now there is no point in sacking him just after 5 games.

But in case we lose to Norwich at home or AstonVilla at home, I think you understand the gravity of losing to one of these teams at home. If you can not win against these teams at home, you are never even going to challenge for top 4 with this manager and same squad. I think after 7 games, the picture will be more clear. Now we are not far off the top 4. Remember, last season it was ManUtd loss after which we went on to an unbeaten run. So we should wait and when we sack him, we have to make sure we get someone like Carlo or at least Klopp. NOT ANOTHER RODGERS.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:50 am

Helmer wrote:
Well, the appropriate decision was to sack him right away after the 6-1 loss to Stoke. So FSG decided against it, they let him stay in the summer and backed him. Now there is no point in sacking him just after 5 games.

exactly.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sk3ptical Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:35 pm

any day now rofl
sk3ptical
sk3ptical
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:26 pm

I don't get it...let's say he beats two piss poor teams at Anfield...

then we play Everton and Spurs A followed by Southampton H and Chelsea A.....we'll get demolished by both and back to square one.

As a manager, you either have it or don't. A home win to Norwich won't change shit. 3 years and 300M spent, and his team has no identity or bollock or style. That's what seals it. He puts his own ego ahead of what's good for the team.

Norwich are a great team on the counter attack, so I fully expect them to do to us what Westham did.

It's no about one loss at OT. It's about "Judge me after 3 years" quote in 2012 , and 3 years and 5 games later, the team is no better than it was when he arrived.

The manager just stinks of loser mentality. He shrugs off home losses and focuses on character and learning. Losing doesn't hurt him. When Man Utd would lose, Ferguson was red and furious. He hated losing. I don't want a defeatist manager to be in charge of us. Don't care if he can fluke a win vs Norwich or not.

It's sad, but the only team that I can say with some certainty plays worse football than us in the league is Sunderland. We're shocking to watch.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:58 pm

Wait a minute...
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/993/875/084.png

Weren't all you guys pro-Rodgers, and only Red Alert saw him as the fraud which he is...
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:03 pm

I'd like Rodgers to go, but realistically speaking, he's going to get at least a month or two more since he was kept at the end of last season. I'm kinda OK with that, he must know this is his very last chance, so, let's see if he can battle his way out of the corner. But if he can't make us look like a top-4 contender by Christmas, he absolutely must go.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:04 pm

El Gunner wrote:Wait a minute...

Weren't all you guys pro-Rodgers, and only Red Alert saw him as the fraud which he is...

And you've never been proven wrong in your life before ??

This run of games starting in March ,is what has sealed it for me.

Liverpool 1-2 Man Utd
Arsenal 4-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 1-2 Aston Villa
Liverpool 2-0 Newcastle (Carver)
WBA 0-0 Liverpool
Hull 1-0 Liverpool
Liverpool 2-1 QPR
Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 1-3 Palace
Stoke 6-1 Liverpool
Stoke 0-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 1-0 B'Mouth
Arsenal 0-0 Liverpool
Liverpool 0-3 Westham
Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool

Games: 15
Wins: 4
Draws: 3
Losses: 8
Goals For: 13
Goals Against: 26

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing .....All this in space of 6 months.

This is a pathetic record for a no-mark club like Newcastle, let alone for a once used to be a top club like Liverpool.

The man is a footballing tumour. He stinks. GET OUT !!! NOW

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:07 pm

Art Morte wrote:I'd like Rodgers to go, but realistically speaking, he's going to get at least a month or two more since he was kept at the end of last season. I'm kinda OK with that, he must know this is his very last chance, so, let's see if he can battle his way out of the corner. But if he can't make us look like a top-4 contender by Christmas, he absolutely must go.

But Art, there is also the small matter of opportunity cost.

We have a world class manager like Klopp waiting on the wings and will take over if we approach him, what's the guarantee that he'll be available in Christmas? Couple of more losses and Chelsea will be on the phone.

The outstanding coaches that are free agent now, may not be so in Christmas....we can't be passive and re-active. that is what has brought this club to its knees. For once we need to be ruthless and make a proactive decision. we won't though, because we have disinterested spineless cowards who don't care about on-pitch success in charge.

JWH hasn't been to a game for almost over a year now, whereas Mike Gordon (A HEDGE FUND INVESTOR) runs the day-to-day opearations at Liverpool. A HEDGE FUND MANAGER, and he's apparently a very good friend of Rodgers, hence when met him at season end review in June, NOT ONLY did Rodgers kept his job, but also got more power in player recreuirtment and his assistants were blamed for that disastrous season Laughing ...you couldn't make this up.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:16 pm

If I woke up tomorrow morning to read the news that BR's been sacked, it would make me feel happy and hopeful. But realistically speaking, we can write countless posts on the Internet about wanting him gone and it changes nothing. So, I'm keeping my hopes realistic, he's not going to get sacked tomorrow. I'm only going to get mad if two months from now we're still being crap and he's still keeping his job.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:21 pm

I dont know if it is a troll post or you dont understand football or you dont know the stance of few posters here.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:34 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:I don't get it...let's say he beats two piss poor teams at Anfield...

then we play Everton and Spurs A followed by Southampton H and Chelsea A.....we'll get demolished by both and back to square one.

As a manager, you either have it or don't. A home win to Norwich won't change shit. 3 years and 300M spent, and his team has no identity or bollock or style. That's what seals it. He puts his own ego ahead of what's good for the team.

Norwich are a great team on the counter attack, so I fully expect them to do to us what Westham did.

It's no about one loss at OT. It's about "Judge me after 3 years" quote in 2012 , and 3 years and 5 games later, the team is no better than it was when he arrived.

The manager just stinks of loser mentality. He shrugs off home losses and focuses on character and learning. Losing doesn't hurt him. When Man Utd would lose, Ferguson was red and furious. He hated losing. I don't want a defeatist manager to be in charge of us. Don't care if he can fluke a win vs Norwich or not.

It's sad, but the only team that I can say with some certainty plays worse football than us in the league is Sunderland. We're shocking to watch.

no if FSG sack him now, I would say this is the dumbest management I have ever seen in my life Laughing you dont sack a manager after 5 games when you have already backed him for the whole summer with huge investment. If he gets two wins against these two teams, it might set us for another run. I am not saying we will but it is about doing the right thing according to current circumstances. Remember under BR we have done it in the past to put a string of good performances and results, you cant ignore the fact. We might have bottled it in the end and it probably brought nothing.

FSG needs to be sure that they are making the right decision because it is not about sacking him, it is also about whether we are actually going to get any better manager, Carlo or Klopp. Those are the only two names which I want at our club among what it is realistic. (although Carlo is pretty ambitious.)

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:37 pm

Art Morte wrote:If I woke up tomorrow morning to read the news that BR's been sacked, it would make me feel happy and hopeful. But realistically speaking, we can write countless posts on the Internet about wanting him gone and it changes nothing. So, I'm keeping my hopes realistic, he's not going to get sacked tomorrow. I'm only going to get mad if two months from now we're still being crap and he's still keeping his job.

I already felt in the summer that this is a bad move to keep him for any more time now. But now I have got over it and we will see where we are by end of Oktober. I will myself open an account in Barclays bank to fund for a flyer over Anfield.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:41 pm

In all honesty, does Rodgers has any possibility of getting sacked?
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:42 pm

Helmer wrote:

I dont know if it is a troll post or you dont understand football or you dont know the stance of few posters here.

it's more like a wave basically. Going with the tide and all that. Most sporting fans are fickle, I understand.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:52 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Helmer wrote:

it's more like a wave basically. Going with the tide and all that. Most sporting fans are fickle, I understand.

well my real feeling inside is, any good man who continues with an abomination like Lovren, spends gazillions on squad players but resorts to playing players out of position, whose team has no identitiy-style...is pure cnut of a manager to ever exist on earth hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:53 pm

Are people not allowed to change opinions?

In 13/14 it certainly looked like Brendan Rodgers might become a great manager, Liverpool played sexy football and was very close to winning the league.

Now though after two years and lots of money spent, things have only gotten worse because of his lack of transfer strategy and his lack of adaptation to different kinds of players. Liverpool are not only getting poor results but also playing awful football.

I believe Liverpool fans deserve to ask for a change if Brendan Rodgers still can't get things right after quite a long time now in Liverpool.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:57 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Are people not allowed to change opinions?

In 13/14 it certainly looked like Brendan Rodgers might become a great manager, Liverpool played sexy football and was very close to winning the league.

Now though after two years and lots of money spent, things have only gotten worse because of his lack of transfer strategy and his lack of adaptation to different kinds of players. Liverpool are not only getting poor results but also playing awful football.

I believe Liverpool fans deserve to ask for a change if Brendan Rodgers still can't get things right after quite a long time now in Liverpool.

exactly, thanks for elaborating my post.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:11 pm

[quote="urbaNRoots"]Are people not allowed to change opinions?

[quote]
Are people not allowed to troll?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:12 pm

no
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:35 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CO3tNK-XAAAhL-u.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:43 pm

I find it funny how the 2nd place was the most direct of the lot yet it's still far above this year in possession lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:45 pm

Was easier to keep possession when Suarez was dominating from the front like that lol.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:19 pm

im not sticking up for rodgers because i want him gone. but the team that came 2nd had sterling. suarez and sturridge. all now gone from the liverpool team. now im not saying they would be crap. but how would barca do if they lost naymar suarez and messi.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next