Abramovich
DeletedUser#1
RealGunner
Firenze
McAgger
71 posters

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 7 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic

Post by Helmer Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:27 am

I would seriously check if Heynckes is available. I like him a lot

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 7 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic

Post by Curtinho Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:03 pm

Liverpool fans have been acting like entitled whiny blowhards this season. It's honestly embarrassing.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:58 pm

El Cujo wrote:Liverpool fans have been acting like entitled whiny blowhards this season. It's honestly embarrassing.
Even fans of mid-table clubs would have been embarrassed with our performance so far this season.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:30 am

El Cujo wrote:Liverpool fans have been acting like entitled whiny blowhards this season. It's honestly embarrassing.

You don't want to become one of us then. Maybe support Witsel's Zenit? Smile
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:54 pm

the only thing that hasn't changed pool within the last to years is the piss poor defense. Rodgers is completely clueless setting up his team to do any kind of defending. Last season they were getting away with it by scoring a lot more but now, it's not working.

Quite mediocre that he has made no stride to get the team to play better team defense. Signing the likes of Lovren, and those two spanish scrubs were never going to strengthen anything. Not to mention the midfielders playing ahead of them.

A tad disappointing to see a manager like that making 0 adjustment to at least protect what he built for a whole year. It would be was to reach the conclusion that Suarez carried him for a year, but that's where we are heading.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:00 pm

Sturridge being injured all season is a bigger blow. Liverpool has nobody to score goals. Last year, they had both Suarez and Sturridge.

Gerard is getting older + Sakho/Agger>>>>>Lovren. That pretty much sums up the defensive issues.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:06 pm

They would be shite defensively regardless of the personnel IMO, it would help but the main issue is how he sets up the team defensively.

He doesn't know how to, he and Martinez are the same in that aspect.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:54 pm

that's my issue with him in the most part, funny that you mention Martinez as well, because it's easy to draw the line between those two and to see the type of football that they are promoting...

Even if Sturridge is injured, it's no excuse to be that mediocre protecting the goal. I haven't seen any kind of reaction, of change in style to make up for the deficient strike force. You lose your overwhelming attacking force? your signings playing shat? change the scheme to play more conservative and to get results. oh well...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:10 pm

They were just as crap defensively last year... but since they very often got the lead, they had the midfielders play more conservatively and drop lower. Set themselves up for the counter attack. This season, they can't score. So the midfielders have to play either a neutral or advanced position to support the attack. It's exposing the defense even more.

Gerard is a big problem defensively tbh. He's lost a lot this season. The middle of the pitch is wide open. Remember how crap Madrid looked defensively early in the season last year when our midfield was a sieve? Pretty much the situation at Liverpool.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:16 pm

that's exactly the problem. and he is doing nothing to change his scheme
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:50 am

Sturridge a bigger blow than Suarez?
Really not sure if sports watched us last season. Are you going to tell us all again how Luis was the 9 last season? Laughing

@ Nick: he's arrogant. He won't change. His experiments hardly ever work either. He's a fraud defensively and his team selections are horrible considering he spent over 100m on depth to play the same side 9 times out of 10.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:00 am

I'm not saying that Sturridge is better than Suarez by any means... but last year, Liverpool had two scoring options in Suarez and Sturridge. This year, there is none given that Sturridge is injured... so the impact of not having Sturridge is greater to the team because there is no viable scoring alternative on the current Liverpool. As last year proved, you could afford to have Suarez out for a while because Sturridge was there and vice versa...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:09 am

Single handedly lost us the match. Can't hide anywhere after that.

I didn't see the match live because of my final, just watched it. :facepalm:  We weren't even this bad in that shit period in 2010, I'm sorry to say.

Absolute monstrosity. I have no words. What the *bleep* was that starting XI and tactics.

We'll lose to United and Arsenal in the next 2 games. No doubt in my mind. Fraudulent pos Mad

I'm done. Put me on the Brenton sack list. I'm done backing this idiot.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:18 am

Things took a turn for the worse with his team selection and tactics against Basel, when we were in need of improvement. If he really is this clueless, there's no way he can last the season. Then again, Fenway seem to be very cool & calculated owners, so it's difficult to guess what they're going to do. But I am a bit worried that their football knowledge is still so limited that they might think this is normal and don't see anything wrong with what Rodgers is doing.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:43 am

he still has many chances to realise and turn it around, of course we wont be able to finish in top 4. I cant see ManUtd performing so badly to finish below us, from the position they are in now...but at least if he can make us perform in a respectable manner, that should be fine by me.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:31 pm

Even if Sanchez had chose Liverpool over Arsenal I could still see them struggling as Rodgers hasn't shown any capability of rebuilding or adjusting his system.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:10 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:he still has many chances to realise and turn it around, of course we wont be able to finish in top 4. I cant see ManUtd performing so badly to finish below us, from the position they are in now...but at least if he can make us perform in a respectable manner, that should be fine by me.

This is a bit much. United are getting results, but they're playing like shit too. We are more than capable of beating them. They registered 3 shots against Southampton. 3. They lost to Leicester and were absolutely dominated by Arsenal. Maybe they grind out or get lucky results all year, but I doubt it.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:28 pm

they played shit for some period of time before under SAF and they still won the title. I was more hopeful about our top 4 because it was Kind of predictable that they will have a bad start. But the Problem is we couldnt take Advantage of bad results of our rivals, at least not yet. As I said, I am still waiting for December to end

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:35 pm

Rodgers deserves a lot of blame but there is another angle to explore as well. Your team is made up of a collectiond of scrubs Suarez and sturridge carried last seasons.

Neither are there now and it shows. The mediocrity starts at the back with Skrtel, that scrubs lovren you signed to get better, carries on with gerrard who is awful and past it, the likes of allen or lucas who are plainly mediocre, and forward with la.bert and coutinho who is not that good. The last quality player you have is sterling but he is too yiung and not yet at a level where he can lead the team.

Cant make pigs look like ballerinas. Its a harsh side of reality as well.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:52 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Rodgers deserves a lot of blame but there is another angle to explore as well. Your team is made up of a collectiond of scrubs Suarez and sturridge carried last seasons.

Neither are there now and it shows. The mediocrity starts at the back with Skrtel, that scrubs lovren you signed to get better, carries on with gerrard who is awful and past it, the likes of allen or lucas who are plainly mediocre, and forward with la.bert and coutinho who is not that good. The last quality player you have is sterling but he is too yiung and not yet at a level where he can lead the team.

Cant make pigs look like ballerinas. Its a harsh side of reality as well.

Skrtel is class.
Coutinho is good.
Lucas usually performs well when allowed to play DM.
Gerrard performs well in certain games.
Henderson is a very fine box-to-box player.

The really underperforming players are the ones that Rodgers has himself brought in the club. Mignolet, Lovren, Allen, Balotelli, Lambert, Borini, Lallana, Markovic, Sakho.

Those are all players Rodgers has bought. You can't say "you cannot blame the manager when he has to work with scrubs" when he's been the one who has bought those players.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:19 pm

You make it sound like the manager goes and personally scouts and determines which players to buy. It's down to the transfer committee. The manager (Rodgers in this case) has so much on his plate already. He may go and see a player play live once or twice and see some video clips but it's the scouts and the other transfer committee members that ultimately go and find players that fit the manager's criteria.

Even if Rodgers has full control of who gets bought he is still relying on the transfer committee to find the players that he feels fits his system. Even the most involved manager, IMO, has little to do with the transfers besides the final sign off. More than that too, though, is that a lot of top class players will just not come to Liverpool -- we don't have the money or drawing power to get elite players in their primes most of the time.

The Rodgers hate is getting a bit out of control. The guy has been a manager for a top side how many times? How many times has he had to revamp his entire team, introduce 10+ players that didn't play the season previous, or had to deal with the Champions League? He's still a fledgling in terms of managerial experience and what he brought to Liverpool last year was something that we haven't seen in decades (I'm not just talking about the results, but also the way the results were achieved).

He deserves time and a bit of leeway for what he has accomplished in a small amount of time with a team that has largely been a mid-table one for a while now.

I also agree partially with the post above. A lot of the players at Liverpool right now are either average or very young still and not ready to impact the team in the way their talents will allow them to even a year from now. Coutinho is good, but still inconsistent. Skrtel is definitely not class. Sterling is our best player and he's only just turned 20. Losing Suarez and having Sturridge out as well is a lot to deal with when the rest of your side is either too young, past it or not good enough to carry the team.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:40 pm

Fraud of the decade living off Martinez' good work.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:44 pm

You make it sound like the manager goes and personally scouts and determines which players to buy. It's down to the transfer committee.
So Rodgers was a silent spectator when some person splashed 20 million on a scrub (Lovern), another 20 million on a unproven kid (Markovic) when we clearly needed some mature/proven player, another 15 million on a striker who can't fill-in in absence of Sturridge, another 15 million on a defender who either doesn't fit his system or simply being disliked, or that 12 million on 'Welsh Xavi'?????
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:01 pm

El Cujo wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:he still has many chances to realise and turn it around, of course we wont be able to finish in top 4. I cant see ManUtd performing so badly to finish below us, from the position they are in now...but at least if he can make us perform in a respectable manner, that should be fine by me.

This is a bit much. United are getting results, but they're playing like shit too. We are more than capable of beating them. They registered 3 shots against Southampton. 3. They lost to Leicester and were absolutely dominated by Arsenal. Maybe they grind out or get lucky results all year, but I doubt it.

Okay First of all Leave the Leicester match out, it happened like ages before when lvg wasnt exactly sure what to expect from the league. Many things happened after that. The stat you should be worried about is this. Our Last 10 matches, won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1.

And in those 10 matches the only games we we struggled were Arsenal away and Soton away. Both games as you said we were lucky. But then in both those games the formation used was 3-5-2. Main reason being all our full back options were injured and werent available. Another reason to use this counter attacking approach was because they both were away matches against 2 good teams.

In the remaining 8 games eventhough there were some narrow 2-1 wins, the stats actually were misleading. We like dominated most of those games (WH, Stoke, Everton), and then an individual error resulted in the opposition getting back into the game and then in the last 10-15 mins as we lately dont know how to kill off a game, panicked and ddg saved us points by making some stunning saves towards the end.

where as the 2 draws were against west brom (coming from behind twice 2-2 ) and a 1-1 against a cruising chelsea where we matched them almost entirely. The only defeat came against city when we were down to 10 men and even that we lost by only a solitary goal.

So cut to present, for the match on Sunday,

1.Rafael is training and is playing with the reserves so expect him to be back and young is doing defensively very well lately. So expect a 4 man defense and not a 3 or 5.

2.Its played at Old Trafford where our record is very solid until now and where the onus will be on us to attack and take the game the to u and not the reverse. So expect at least a 4-2-3-1. 4-4-2 diamond would have been the most ideal. But since our defense is still very fragile i expect the former.

And dont get me wrong and I am not saying you guys dont have in you to topple us, but its just that you should take that game a little more seriously. And the reason why I am putting this lengthy post is because you like many others are only (interested in) seeing the broader picture. Want to tell you that we arent that bad as the media and rival fans are making us to be.

So..Good luck Thumbs up

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:25 pm

Lumiere with that ether.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:36 pm

I'm not taking the game lightly. I'm just saying we shouldn't go in playing afraid because that's what's been causing problems already. We're not a team built to sit back and defend or play not to lose. Liverpool needs to take the game to the opponent and play an attacking style of football, win or lose. That's what Rodgers is good at and what he knows how to do. I think fan and media pressure is getting to him a bit this year.

I think people just need to give him and ownership a little more faith. Rodgers' start with Liverpool is not that dissimilar to the rise of one legendary manager for United.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next