Juventude
Cotes
Tomwin Lannister
pedrosom
DeviAngel
34 posters

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

- Mr. Antonio Conte | Former Coach 2011-2014 -  - Page 17 Empty Re: - Mr. Antonio Conte | Former Coach 2011-2014 -

Post by salmano9 Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:40 pm

Elia wasn't conte's choice. We got him before conte came as long as I remember.

salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

- Mr. Antonio Conte | Former Coach 2011-2014 -  - Page 17 Empty Re: - Mr. Antonio Conte | Former Coach 2011-2014 -

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:44 pm

salmano9 wrote:Elia wasn't conte's choice. We got him before conte came as long as I remember.

Nope, you are wrong bro Smile

Conte also wanted Peluso, Padoin, Pazzienza. And was not all in for Pirlo Smile
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Conte's obsessed with workhorses, which is a very bad attitude to have when building an attack, it pretty much rules out a vast majority of quality Wingers.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Did Conte agree Juve pledge?

Following on from PSG denials, it’s reported Antonio Conte agreed not to join another Italian club this season after Juventus.

The Coach terminated his contract by mutual consent two days into pre-season training, replaced by Massimiliano Allegri.

Today the Corriere dello Sport claimed he was in negotiations with Paris Saint-Germain, but these stories were quickly denied.

Instead, sources within PSG suggested the rumour was put about by Conte’s entourage to disguise talks with a Serie A rival.

According to Tuttomercatoweb, Juve only released Conte from his contract early if he pledged not to sign for another Italian club this season.

This would still leave the door open for the Italy bench, although that can only be offered to him after a new Federation President is elected next month.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:02 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
salmano9 wrote:Elia wasn't conte's choice. We got him before conte came as long as I remember.

Oohh, but pelu and pado are/were decent back ups for serie A lol... Even milan inter and roma have worse than them. And not every player juve buy is cuz of conte's choice as juventude said earlier... Maybe pazz was just an economical deal that marro felt was good. Umm.... look at anelka, its not that conte wanted us to buy him, its just cuz he came for free.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Wait, so he could join an italian team next season?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:08 pm

salmano9 wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
salmano9 wrote:Elia wasn't conte's choice.  We got him before conte came as long as I remember.

Oohh, but pelu and pado are/were decent back ups for serie A lol... Even milan inter and roma have worse than them. And not every player juve buy is cuz of conte's choice as juventude said earlier... Maybe pazz was just an economical deal that marro felt was good. Umm....  look at anelka, its not that conte wanted us to buy him, its just cuz he came for free.

I never said every player was Conte's choice, far from it.  I said I would question Conte's choice of players based on his love for players like Padoin, Boriello, and others.  I definitely think Elia was a player that he wanted based on his claimed 4-2-4 system he was going to implement.

I think Marotta made many of his purchases without Conte's approval, including Vidal, Pogba, and Llorente.  But I do think that Conte played a big role in bringing in and playing people like Peluso and Padoin.

That's why you have a coach and general manager.  Conte knows the tactics, but Marotta and his team know the players much better than Conte.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:56 am

Yep, so maybe after this season we may realise that we blamed marrota way too much and that conte was at fault as well.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:27 pm

salmano9 wrote:Yep, so maybe after this season we may realise that we blamed marrota way too much and that conte was at fault as well.

I don't blame Marotta for anything. I think he's done a brilliant job when you consider the limitations that Allegri and the board place upon him. Every team makes some bad signings or just average signings to provide depth. Marotta has found some real value in players for the fees we paid. Marotta doesn't set the budget. Every Director General would love to spend money and would if they had that freedom, Marotta doesn't have that freedom.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:31 pm

Juventude wrote:
salmano9 wrote:Yep, so maybe after this season we may realise that we blamed marrota way too much and that conte was at fault as well.

I don't blame Marotta for anything. I think he's done a brilliant job when you consider the limitations that Allegri and the board place upon him. Every team makes some bad signings or just average signings to provide depth. Marotta has found some real value in players for the fees we paid. Marotta doesn't set the budget. Every Director General would love to spend money and would if they had that freedom, Marotta doesn't have that freedom.

+1 damn
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:27 pm

Galliani hints at Milan-Conte deal

Adriano Galliani was asked about rumours Antonio Conte had a deal with Milan in May. “I plead the Fifth.”

The reports emerged after Conte suddenly terminated his contract with Juventus by mutual consent, making way for Massimiliano Allegri.

Conte’s friend told radio he had already agreed terms with the Rossoneri in May, but was talked into renewing his Juve contract.

“Is it true that before Pippo Inzaghi I wanted to bring Conte to Milan? I plead the Fifth,” replied Galliani when asked about this story.

The right to remain silent is not the answer La Gazzetta dello Sport was expecting, which adds further fuel to the fire of this rumour.

Meanwhile, Galliani also joked about Milan’s 3-0 defeat to Olympiacos in the Guinness International Champions Cup.

“It is still early days and other teams lost to amateur sides.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:18 am

Apparently, Paratici told Mina Rzouki that the the story about contacts between Conte & Milan were true.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:24 am

New FIGC President Carlo Tavecchio may make contact with Antonio Conte over the vacant Italy post as early as today.

On from being elected as Giancarlo Abete’s successor in yesterday’s three rounds of votes in Rome, the 71-year-old is hotly tipped to now make efforts to secure Cesare Prandelli’s replacement.

Having left Juventus at the start of pre-season, Conte is seen as Tavecchio’s first choice and reportedly already has his demands in negotiations already set.

Whilst the Gazzetta dello Sport report that the €1.7m-a-year contract is no barrier and that Conte would accept this, the 45-year-old reportedly does have other terms he is after.

It is reported that the tactician is keen to be placed at the centre of the project, with the intention of treating La Nazionale in a similar way to a club, with the possibility of calling up players for training stages ‘deemed essential’.

Conte is reportedly also eager to have complete freedom in the choice of staff and to have no obligation with his squads selected to focus on youth.

Despite these terms, it is understood that the Coach is ‘seriously thinking’ of the possibility of accepting the position.

Should negotiations prove unsuccessful, the Gazzetta suggest that Alberto Zaccheroni shadowed by a younger Coach like Fabio Cannavaro would be Tavecchio’s plan B.

Roberto Mancini’s tetchy relationship with Tavecchio ally Claudio Lotito apparently means the former Galatasaray Coach is not in the running.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:21 pm

Di Marzio wrote:After the elections, FIGC’s president Carlo Tavecchio focuses on finding the next Italy’s coach. He’ll reach out to Antonio Conte today. The former Juventus coach knows that he would earn less than in a club, but the economic terms are not a problem. Conte wants guarantees on his decisional autonomy, he wants to be completely free. It remains to be seen whether the new FIGC would allow that. Conte could think about taking the job, if the offer was convincing from the economical and planning standpoint. Tavecchio try to convince Conte, Italy waits to know the new coach.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:29 am

Antonio Conte is closer to accepting the Italy job after new FIGC President Carlo Tavecchio confirmed talks.

The Azzurri are without a Coach after Cesare Prandelli’s resignation during the World Cup in Brazil and couldn’t begin to choose a new one until the Federation had a President.

Tavecchio was elected yesterday and announced he spoke to “four tacticians, but I cannot say any more than that.

“Did I speak to Conte? Yes, I contacted him. We spoke, I found him in good spirits, but I cannot say more.

“Did he accept? I would’ve told you if he had...”

According to Sky Sport Italia, ex-Juventus Coach Conte left the conversation feeling more confident about taking the job, having previously seemed reluctant.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:17 am

Will Conte take the path of Marcello Lippi and return to coach us again?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:38 pm

Report: Conte agrees Italy terms

Rai Sport claim that Antonio Conte has agreed terms with the FIGC and will become the new Italian national team boss.

The former Juventus man has been the heavy favourite to take over from Cesare Prandelli with the Azzurri ever since he resigned as Bianconeri Coach last month.

And the television station has insisted this afternoon that the ex-midfielder has come to an agreement with the Federation and will be handed a two-year contract.

Conte is, reportedly, set to become the second-highest paid national team Coach in the world behind Fabio Capello – earning just over €4m per year.

His wages could well be paid by the Federation and kit manufacturer Puma, if reports are to be believed.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:59 pm

Now it makes sense. Conte didn't leave in May when reports connected him to the bench because he wanted to see what will happen with Italy in the WC and with Prandelli. After Prandell quit he quit to
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:04 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Now it makes sense. Conte didn't leave in May when reports connected him to the bench because he wanted to see what will happen with Italy in the WC and with Prandelli. After Prandell quit he quit to

I think there was still some hesitation by Conte to come back to Juve for another season back in May. He seemed to hesitate coming back each season after the first scudetto. I'm not sure if he can handle the stress of coaching a top club in Italy for the long term.

I'm not excusing what he did to Juve because it was wrong to come back in May if his heart wasn't in the job. But I think the national team job opening made it easier for him to decide to leave. I don't think he has a plan back in May to take the job if Prandelli left. I think there were a lot of contributing factors and this opening led to Conte making his decision to leave.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:08 pm

I'm glad he is choosing Italy lol.Better Italy than seeing him dominate at some rich EPL or oil team possibly even taking our best players off us.
Conte is a positive move for the Italian NT imo mainly because the alternatives looked much much worse.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:18 pm

Conte is going 2 come 2 Juve back after the national spell. I know it has nothing to do with tiredness in the form of being exhausted after 3 years in charge of the greatest club in the world but Conte was def tired of Juves lack of ambitions for the next 2 years as he would have been sleepless without guarentees in attack as that was really all he needed.

I never liked the football played the last 2 years but must admit that had Conte had types like Cavani Falcao up front it would have been a whole other ball game. With such quality he would have sure had pushed to the final in 1 of theese 2 years. Conte realised that he was not going to get such types the next 2 maybe even 3 years even though he really deserved getting such names to complete his type of game.
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:20 pm

I imagine he'll come back within the next decade unless an amazing opportunity presents itsself to him I.E a mege contract and a mega budget.

But it probably won't.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:54 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I imagine he'll come back within the next decade unless an amazing opportunity presents itsself to him I.E a mege contract and a mega budget.

But it probably won't.

He loves Juve as much as we do but def more than the board of directors. Think Juve is always his first choice even if half the "mega budget" But as Descamps he refused to run Juve if the board is not serious about succes. And succes costs money but not necessarily ridiculos oil money.
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:01 pm

Dont like how he lied to both the club and the fans about "exhaustion" yet a month later he goes to become coach again. Really disappointed.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:19 pm

NT managing is far, far less demanding than club managing. You spend most of your time scouting potential NT players and doing PR stuff... you only coach for 1-2 months out of every 12 months.

Deschamps was burnt out too and only came back because he got the NT offer. He had rejected all the club offers he had gotten (Serie A clubs were after him and a couple of EPL ones too).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:21 pm

Conte never said he was exhausted this was only given by media as some of the reason or maybe as an explanation as to Why he left.

Also i highly doubt Allegri was only contacted the day before his assignment but this is all down to Contes talks to the club after the Scudetto celebrating in which he made it clear he would ONLY stay if certain players was reached. In this situation the club hoped they would be able to pull some of the asked players and keep Conte but must have had in mind this was not easy players to pull when u wont compromise on the budget... Hence the resignation
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next