Kick
Shed
fatman123
23 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Rumour Mill - Page 23 Empty Re: Rumour Mill

Post by dostoevsky Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:58 pm

If the club were content with investing further in the 3-5-2 system, Ramires might hold some weight, however they are likely to begin a transition to allow the squad to easily switch between 3-5-2 and 4-3-3, for which they need depth in attack, particularly on the wings. If any central midfielder is brought in, it is likely to be a creative alternative to Pirlo, perhaps one who can operate higher up the pitch. Even if Vidal leaves, Ramires is too similar to Asamoah who can simply be pulled in off the left to operate in the centre to be particularly tempting.

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:24 pm

35m plus Thorgan Hazard. That'll be a REALLY good offer. Thorgan is more talented than Eden. Just not as finished. And he's more of a pure winger(though not totally pure) than his brother.

He probably won't get a nod in the Chelsea first thing but he could really be something big for Juve.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:45 pm

From what I've seen of Thorgen in the Europa League, he looks decent, however I believe it will in the end come down to an unwillingness by Juventus to even entertain offers. Chelsea are certainly financially powerful enough to be part of the equation should he become available, however given Pirlo's advancing age and the interest in Pogba, I think they'll be very protective of Vidal. It is of course possible that they could see parting ways with Vidal as a way to keep Pogba for longer, but it would seem to be the less likely course.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:See? I mentioned it a few days ago in this thread....when it wasn't even big news yet. Smart guy Shed of course had to dismiss my infinite knowledge knowing it would expose him for being the novice that he is :coffee:

Anyway, Vidal-Matic.......HOLY SHIT!

I dismissed nothing :coffee:

Only said that I hadn't seen anything about it myself when doing my usual rounds on sites I check daily for this section :coffee:

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:38 pm

If Juventus receive an offer of 40m € from anyone, I think they'll accept. Serie A have fallen off the pace a little, financially, too, and I don't see Juventus attempting to match the best clubs in Europe at the moment, rather concentrate on dominating Serie A. And that they can do by selling Vidal for 40m and investing those monies elsewhere.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:53 am

Blue Barrett wrote:40m plus a rated young player would be too much imo Laughing

I don't suppose they'd fancy Ramires, then?

Honestly i would pay 40m for Pogba, i honestly think he is going to be one of the best midfielders of his generation. We payed 30m for Willian when he was basically a luxury buy, what is another 10m for a player in a need position.

Pogba>Vidal, Vidal is better atm but Pogba age and potential has me want him more.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:55 am

Blue Barrett wrote:35m plus Thorgan Hazard. That'll be a REALLY good offer. Thorgan is more talented than Eden. Just not as finished. And he's more of a pure winger(though not totally pure) than his brother.

He probably won't get a nod in the Chelsea first thing but he could really be something big for Juve.

Sarcasm right? no way is Thorgan more talented then Eden. btw Thorgan is more of a true 10 then his brother.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:00 am

We'd be better to go for somebody like Badelj instead of Pogba/Vidal surely. Price wouldn't be anywhere near as inflated and he's going to be hitting his prime soon.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:54 am

I assumed Barrett included that to talk up Thorgen as a bargaining chip for Juventus, not that I care given that I don't support them.

Agreed that a low cost solution is probably the way to go for Chelsea though.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:01 am

Just seen this. Not sure what Blue is smoking lol. Thorgan actually has more raw talent than Eden. Do you even watch him? I'm not talking him up at all. He just seems to be hitting his potential at a much slower pace than Eden did. He probably won't get to the level his brother will end up getting to, but with the right coaching and under the right circumstances he could really be a deadly player.

Then again you lot don't have to take my word for it. Just do some google searching.

Not that it'll happen anyway, just a thought from me with regards to dostoevsky's young talent/winger suggestion. He's the best young winger/am we have outside the first team.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:25 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Just seen this. Not sure what Blue is smoking lol. Thorgan actually has more raw talent than Eden. Do you even watch him? I'm not talking him up at all. He just seems to be hitting his potential at a much slower pace than Eden did. He probably won't get to the level his brother will end up getting to, but with the right coaching and under the right circumstances he could really be a deadly player.

Then again you lot don't have to take my word for it. Just do some google searching.

Not that it'll happen anyway, just a thought from me with regards to dostoevsky's young talent/winger suggestion. He's the best young winger/am we have outside the first team.

Still not sure if you are talking up Thorgan or being serious. Perception is Eden is way more talented, you are going on a limb to suggest otherwise.

Thorgan has turned out to be a better singing then many expected though. I say his potential is KDB, which pretty good and hopefully he has his brother work rate.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:29 pm

lszanto wrote:We'd be better to go for somebody like Badelj instead of Pogba/Vidal surely. Price wouldn't be anywhere near as inflated and he's going to be hitting his prime soon.

I rate badeji actually think he is underrated. This is like the guarin and matic situation, one is an elite signing and other is just an upgrade. Although I would be quite happy with the Croatian, not sure I would have been with guarin.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:12 am

Vidal will be a fantastic addition for 40 million cash. We can sell Luiz & Ramires for cash. Pogba is Madrid bound so we are in a good position to buy Vidal.

Also I heard Jose spoke to Lavezzi..Interesting.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:17 pm

Keep Luiz, Rambo can go only if we get someone like Vidal.

Lavezzi is not needed....
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Bring back Chalobah. Seriously.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:13 pm

He's not even getting consistent game time at Boro.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:15 pm

That lad has immense talent. I'm sick of these useless loans every year for these players. Sell them if we aren't going to use them ffs. Look at Kalas on Sunday. Smh.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:15 pm

Stop posting here you mugs, the biggest news of the day is Cech is fit for the game on Wednesday!!!!!

ROARR
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:18 pm

How fit? Man had a dislocated arm ffs. Wouldn't want him to worsen it and ruin his career, as much as I want to see Courtois at Chelsea next season. There's no point playing a half fit Cech tbh. Atletico will batter him if they need to, with long balls. He'll have to go up in the air - with that arm raised high up and with players crashing into him - multiple times. I'm happy but I'm skeptical.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:19 pm

So says him :coffee:

I'll wait for confirmation from TSO or team news tomorrow before getting too excited about
anything :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:20 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:How fit? Man had a dislocated arm ffs. Wouldn't want him to worsen it and ruin his career, as much as I want to see Courtois at Chelsea next season. There's no point playing a half fit Cech tbh. Atletico will batter him if they need to, with long balls. He'll have to go up in the air - with that arm raised high up and with players crashing into him - multiple times. I'm happy but I'm skeptical.

And don't think they won't be extra rough-and-tumble with him if he does play, knowing his fitness may very likely not be at 100%, and try to compel a forced substitution.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:45 pm

Paulinho is linked to Chelsea. Reports say he already agreed terms. Doesn't sound legit given we snatched Willian from them. He is a good player. Did well for Brazil, but not much for Spurs. More a luxury buy.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:22 pm

Ramires replacement? hmm
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Thu May 01, 2014 8:42 pm

Issue is neither Paulinho nor Ramires are creative enough to play along side Matic. Paulinho is most likely to compete with Matic. If we keep Ramires next season he will play further on the right. We need some one in the mould of Alonso. Not sure if Van Ginkel will be trusted by Mou.

Going back to Paulinho I think Madrid are in for him too so they may swap him for Casemiro. If not, IMO Casemiro is a very good player to buy.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri May 02, 2014 2:03 am

Chelsea close in on deals for Atletico Madrid left-back Filipe Luís and striker Diego Costa:
Chelsea are closing in on deals for Atlético Madrid pair Filipe Luís and Diego Costa
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10802441/Chelsea-close-in-on-deals-to-sign-Atletico-Madrid-left-back-Filipe-Luis-and-striker-Diego-Costa.html

Jason Burt... #grainofsalt

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri May 02, 2014 8:08 am

Apparently, Costa deal is done.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett