OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

+111
gotveren777
BORUSSIA!!
Hapless_Hans
gotveren77
Essey
halamadrid2
Juveman17
7amood11
Chumlum
El Gunner
cindirxana
teamanarchy
Dnmac4
sree999
Magic Spray
The Basque CM
LeSwagg James
El Chelsea Fuerte
white_star
zizzle
Omniscient
Adit
Mr Nick09
McAgger
LeVersacci
guest7
futbol
gotesh
Commander
Red Alert
BAYERN_MUNICH
DuringTheWar
izzy
farfan
Ganso
Pedram
harhar11
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Rebaño Sagrado
Qehbe1
Forza
dostoevsky
Robben #10
Winter is Coming
1991
Mamad
Raptorgunner
VanDeezNuts
Doc
Gotverenler
chad4401
aimars
EarlyPrototype
FennecFox7
ExtremistEnigma
S
Ion Creanga
neuro11
DeviAngel
Abramovich
Clockwork Orange
Footyfan
billy_gr
Kamikaze692
lszanto
DeletedUser#1
BarrileteCosmico
Yeezus
Hawky
punkfusion1992
Uncanny
Gil
calmman
free_cat
flameas
windkick
Pip
Kick
vanos1
eelir
crius73
ronalessi
Casciavit
Freeza
sportsczy
RealGunner
jibers
Zealous
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Jack Daniels
M99
Donuts
zigra
BarcaLearning
urbaNRoots
MaraVilla
Beautiful Football
Collblanc
Blue Barrett
silver
Valkyrja
FalcaoPunch
ioilersrock448
LeBéninois
rwo power
juventus101
Harmonica
Lord Awesome
Onyx
The_Badger
Khaled
115 posters

Page 11 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by sportsczy Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Owen Laughing 
 yeah agreed.  Only reason he got it was that Liverpool was massively popular back then and they won 3 trophies that year.  Raul was more deserving imo, especially since Madrid won La Liga. But i think that Figo undeservedly winning the previous year due to the politics against Zidane made it impossible for him... the backlash was huge.


Last edited by sportsczy on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Posts : 21494
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:50 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Owen Laughing 
 yeah agreed.  Only reason he got it was that Liverpool was massively popular back then and they won 3 trophies that year.  Raul was more deserving imo.
And because of the hattrick against Germany
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11355
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:53 pm

there are going to be so many words eaten when messi wins it again.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5869
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by sportsczy Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:55 pm

If France fail to qualify for WC, Messi will win it. Otherwise it will be Ribery because, besides Bayern, he's singlehandedly willing France to win right now...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 21494
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:59 pm

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 24-Funny-football-soccer-meme-ballon-d-or-Messi
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 18057
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Mamad Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:01 pm

Am i the only one who thinks Robben deserves it more than Ribery?
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4064
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by sportsczy Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:05 pm

Mamad wrote:Am i the only one who thinks Robben deserves it more than Ribery?
 Yes you are.  Robben wasn't even a regular until March because of injury and bad form last season.  Ribery was carrying things the whole way.  You should go to a Bayern board and see how they feel about it...  When Kroos got hurt, he got a big boost.  Before that, it was either him or Muller who played... not often both.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 21494
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by 1991 Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:33 pm

sportsczy wrote:I went down the list of Ballon d'Or winners since 2000.  Other than 2010 where Iniesta got snubbed, it went to the best player on the best club and/or NT winner that year.

2000 - Madrid win CL - Figo gets BDO.  Would have been Zidane, but he had a very controvsial and bad red card in CL for losing his temper.
2001 -  Liverpool win EPL, FA and Europa - Owen gets BDO
2002 - Madrid win CL and Brazil win WC - Ronaldo gets BDO
2003 - Juve win Serie and get to CL finals - Nedved gets BDO
2004 - Milan win Serie A - Shevchenko gets BDO

2005 - Barca win La Liga - Ronaldinho gets BDO
2006 - Italy wins WC - Cannavaro gets BDO with Buffon second
2007 - Milan win CL - Kaka gets BDO
2008 - Man U win EPL and CL - CR7 gets BDO
2009 - Barca win treble - Messi wins BDO
2010 - Barca win La Liga and CWC - Messi wind BDO
2011 - Barca win La Liga and CL - Messi wins BDO
2012 - Messi breaks the all time record for goals scored in a CY + Barca win CWC - Messi wins BDO

You either have to break some kind of insane record OR your team needs to win a major trophy.  There are no exceptions.  Yet people think CR7 is somehow going to magically win it??? please.  Madrid had to win a major title, whether it be CL or La Liga.  It didn't happen.  Only chance he has is if he beats Messi's CY scoring record Laughing

Messi is the only option other than Ribery since Barca won La Liga and we'll see.... but given the spanking Bayern dished out to Barca in CL, that's unlikely.
This was the era when the ballon d'or started losing credibility. Only thing you proved is how stupid those requirements are. Unless you actually think Nedved was a better player than prime Henry Laughing or Cannavaro better than prime Ronaldinho Laughing
1991
1991
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 387
Join date : 2013-05-18
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:37 pm

Even if France does not make the world cup, which they will since Ukraine is terrible, Ribery deserves to win it.

Also why is Hazard even on the shortlist. Not even the best on the left for chelsea, much less the entire midfield. Mata was robbed....seriously.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Harmonica Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:55 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:Even if France does not make the world cup, which they will since Ukraine is terrible, Ribery deserves to win it.

Also why is Hazard even on the shortlist. Not even the best on the left for chelsea, much less the entire midfield. Mata was robbed....seriously.
Harmonica wrote:Now Ribery has a better chance, but Messi still deserves it more than him, actually there is no real argument for Ribery.

He only won CL more than Messi, but wasn't even Bayern's best player in CL. Didn't carry team to league like Messi did, and still plays for the place in World Cup, when Messi lifted Argentina in there as group winners in the hardest group.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 14145
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:04 pm

Harmonica wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:Even if France does not make the world cup, which they will since Ukraine is terrible, Ribery deserves to win it.

Also why is Hazard even on the shortlist. Not even the best on the left for chelsea, much less the entire midfield. Mata was robbed....seriously.
Harmonica wrote:Now Ribery has a better chance, but Messi still deserves it more than him, actually there is no real argument for Ribery.

He only won CL more than Messi, but wasn't even Bayern's best player in CL. Didn't carry team to league like Messi did, and still plays for the place in World Cup, when Messi lifted Argentina in there as group winners in the hardest group.
Messi didnt carry barcelona. Even without him they would have won the league last year. In fact, when you get him out of the way, Fabregas proves to be just as effective in his position.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Harmonica Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:10 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:Even if France does not make the world cup, which they will since Ukraine is terrible, Ribery deserves to win it.

Also why is Hazard even on the shortlist. Not even the best on the left for chelsea, much less the entire midfield. Mata was robbed....seriously.
Harmonica wrote:Now Ribery has a better chance, but Messi still deserves it more than him, actually there is no real argument for Ribery.

He only won CL more than Messi, but wasn't even Bayern's best player in CL. Didn't carry team to league like Messi did, and still plays for the place in World Cup, when Messi lifted Argentina in there as group winners in the hardest group.
Messi didnt carry barcelona. Even without him they would have won the league last year. In fact, when you get him out of the way, Fabregas proves to be just as effective in his position.

Messi was involed in 38 % of points directly, the same as Maradona in Napoli 89-90. Ribery was involved in 10% of points directly in the league. Without Messi Barcelona would have never won the league last season. Farbegas is close to Ribery, but not close of Messi.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 14145
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Khaled Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:13 pm

Messi did carry Barcelona in 2012-13, his influence on the team was just insane [just watch the PSG game, in the league he scored 46 league goals and 12 assists in just 32 games].
2013-14 its another story!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4268
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Kamikaze692 Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:14 pm

Lol @ Ronaldo went missing in Big games argument. eco smile
Raped Barca at the Camp Nou, as well as the Bernabeu in his brief cameo, scored the winners against Manu in both Home and away ties, repeated the feat against Gala in the quarters, and though he was well below par against BVB (our entire team was in fairness) ended up scoring the all important away goal to finish top scorer of UCL.

He even had a great game against Pathetico in the CDR finals scoring the opener, having a free kick come back off the bar and creating a few gilt edged chances which somehow evaded the back of the net.

Even in the most recent classico, he was easily one of the three best players on the pitch, at times single handedly pushing Madrid forward and creating chances.
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 587
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:33 pm

If Barca is so dependant on Messi, why are Iniesta,Xavi,Alves etc considered the some of the best in their positions ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11355
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Harmonica Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:12 pm

Valkyrja wrote:If Barca is so dependant on Messi, why are Iniesta,Xavi,Alves etc considered the some of the best in their positions ?
Not because of last season.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 14145
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:52 pm

Mamad wrote:Am i the only one who thinks Robben deserves it more than Ribery?
OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Tumblr_lso4vyhmt31r1o2xc
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4563
Join date : 2013-05-09

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Donuts Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:19 am

Valkyrja wrote:If Barca is so dependant on Messi, why are Iniesta,Xavi,Alves etc considered the some of the best in their positions ?
same question applies to Madrid
last season your ridiculous fans claimed Varane best defender, Ozil best midfield, Ronaldo best forward, Mourinho best coach

and somehow.. you guys won nothing.. xD

dumb logic is dumb.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5710
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Khaled Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:41 am

Kamikaze692 wrote:Lol @ Ronaldo went missing in Big games argument. eco smile
Raped Barca at the Camp Nou, as well as the Bernabeu in his brief cameo, scored the winners against Manu in both Home and away ties, repeated the feat against Gala in the quarters, and though he was well below par against BVB (our entire team was in fairness) ended up scoring the all important away goal to finish top scorer of UCL.

He even had a great game against Pathetico in the CDR finals scoring the opener, having a free kick come back off the bar and creating a few gilt edged chances which somehow evaded the back of the net.

Even in the most recent classico, he was easily one of the three best players on the pitch, at times single handedly pushing Madrid forward and creating chances.
Scoring 1 on 1s vs Valdes = raped Barcelona Laughing


Last edited by Khaled on Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4268
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Khaled Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:43 am

Donuts wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:If Barca is so dependant on Messi, why are Iniesta,Xavi,Alves etc considered the some of the best in their positions ?
same question applies to Madrid
last season your ridiculous fans claimed Varane best defender, Ozil best midfield, Ronaldo best forward, Mourinho best coach

and somehow.. you guys won nothing.. xD

dumb logic is dumb.
(Y)
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4268
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:18 am

Khaled wrote:
Kamikaze692 wrote:Lol @ Ronaldo went missing in Big games argument. eco smile
Raped Barca at the Camp Nou, as well as the Bernabeu in his brief cameo, scored the winners against Manu in both Home and away ties, repeated the feat against Gala in the quarters, and though he was well below par against BVB (our entire team was in fairness) ended up scoring the all important away goal to finish top scorer of UCL.

He even had a great game against Pathetico in the CDR finals scoring the opener, having a free kick come back off the bar and creating a few gilt edged chances which somehow evaded the back of the net.

Even in the most recent classico, he was easily one of the three best players on the pitch, at times single handedly pushing Madrid forward and creating chances.
Scoring 1 on 1s vs Valdes = raped Barcelona Laughing

One typically needs to be able to get the ball past the keeper to score... so I'm not sure what's your point
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 4186
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Robben #10 Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:17 am

*bleep* me; I don’t even think half of the people here have even watched Bayern play more than 10 matches over the last season. Some of the posts I have seen suggesting that Ribéry is nowhere near the level of Messi, Ronaldo, etc. and that it is even arguable that he is even the best player on his team are just out of this world. Some people thinking they can quantify Ribéry’s importance to the team with just goals and assists—it’s just moronic logic, if anything Robben’s importance is solely based on his end product.

If you ever watch Bayern, you will see that Ribéry is our most valuable player. He is the fulcrum to the attack, the leader of the team, and the driving force towards the quadruple. There’s a reason why we haven’t lost in 39 Bundesliga matches with him. The only match we lost last year was because we lacked his incisiveness in the final third.

I don’t even understand the rationale some of you are using to beat Ribéry with a stick when it comes to the Champions League. Prior to Kroos’ injury, Ribéry was consistently creating opportunities and being one of, if not our best player in the Champions League. You can literally go down the list of matches and just pick out vital moments where Ribéry was fundamental to the attacks. In his worst match against Valencia in the 1:1 draw where they were parking the bus, he was playing through pain. He said it, Heynckes said it, Schweinsteiger said it. He’s so valuable to the team that even when he is in pain, he has to play in the crucial match against Valencia, even with Robben and Shaqiri able to play.

What I see that nobody has pointed out is that after Kroos’ injury and when Müller replaced him, Ribéry always had to play deeper in order to support the midfield, something that Kroos always did and something Müller and Ribéry can’t do. That’s why against Juventus, he wasn’t the most important player in the attack. That’s why against Barça and Juventus, he wasn’t the most important player in the attack. Has anyone in this thread ever wondered why Robben and Müller had their best games AFTER Kroos’ injury, AFTER Ribéry had to play a more reserved role, AFTER Robben had to be the more incisive winger in our midfield, AFTER Müller was given a more goal scoring role? It’s actually so obvious to see and notice: go to a Bayern board and ask someone who is knowledgeable why Ribéry wasn’t our best attacking player in the knockout stages, and chances are they will tell you exactly what I am saying. The fact that some of you are overlooking how much work it takes to make Alaba look like a phenomenal defender is ridiculous. The only mistake that Alaba made defensively through the Champions League was slipping against Walcott in the 0:2 loss. Guess who was playing ahead of him? Not Ribéry, and that’s why there was an absolutely massive gap for Walcott to exploit ahead of Alaba.

Ribéry is given complete creative freedom in the Bundesliga and he is by far the best player in the Bundesliga. It’s not even a debate. The fact that Schweinsteiger won a rigged German Footballer of the Year vote is not even worth commenting on. Those that go out of their way to think Lahm is our best player or most valuable don’t know what they are talking about. We lose more without Ribéry than we do without Lahm, and that is when we replace Ribéry with a much better replacement than Lahm. We played Rafinha for a consistent stretch of matches later on in the season and he was playing extremely well, that’s how insignificant the quality of defenders we actually need in our team to excel in the Bundesliga.

We don’t need a player who is the end station for all of our attacks like Ronaldo is for Madrid because we are past that. We don’t need to solely rely on a player for offensive output like Messi is for Barcelona because we are past that. The quadruple is proof of that. Our highest goalscorer didn’t even score 25 in the season, yet we were still able to outplay every team in our path. Our closest call in the Champions League shouldn’t have even been close—Arsenal were put away until their ghost corner that they scored from.

What we have in our team is a leader both offensively and defensively, someone who can consistently get us out of the gutter with a touch of magic, someone who even when he isn’t at his best offensively, will work his ass off to keep playing the ball for the team. It’s so obvious to see that Messi doesn’t contribute at all off the ball, neither does Ronaldo. Anyone trying to tell you otherwise is just talking out of their ass.

Ribéry is a team player first, a playmaker second, and a scorer third. The vast majority of the chances he creates aren’t even put away, some of them being so simple. The likes of Mandzukic, Robben, and Müller have all missed absolute sitters over the past 6 months. Ribéry has by far been our most consistent player over the past 15, 18 months. You can literally count the amount of bad matches he has had over the past 12 months on 1 hand. In the Bundesliga, I doubt you can even muster up 1 or 2 matches over the past 12 months where Ribéry has performed poorly.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that if you question Ribéry’s importance to the team, you don’t even watch Bayern play consistently. No excuse, reasoning, will change my opinion on that. Ribéry is definitely not the best player in the world on talent or skill, but in terms of importance he is the most crucial player to the best team in the world.

Jesus, it’s like some people just look at the stats and just make a judgement on how important or how good a player is. Ribéry’s importance to the team goes far beyond goals and assists. It’s like so many of you want to bash the other player in question just to make your own preferred player look better. I don’t even care if Ribéry wins the Ballon D’Or or not, he’s already won European Footballer of the Year which is an equal accomplishment. I’d rather see mostly reputed journalists in Europe voting for Ribéry instead of the *bleep* captain of Morocco and Lebanon or the media from Liberia. Even if Ribéry is a *bleep*, I’d be glad to see that he made it on the top 3, or even top 2.

Some of you fanboys really need to take a look at yourselves in the mirror. Every single year it is OMG!!! MESSI OR RONALDO!!! NOBODY IS NEAR THEM etc. Every year it's either the Ronaldo or Messi fans that get butthurt (Madrid fans for the past few years) and then there are the stupid conspiracy theories, etc. Ribéry is just as deserving of this award as Messi and Ronaldo are.
Robben #10
Robben #10
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 22
Join date : 2012-08-27

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:53 am

What's wrong with morocco and lebanon..?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7533
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by dostoevsky Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:27 am

Robben #10 wrote:*bleep* me; I don’t even think half of the people here have even watched Bayern play more than 10 matches over the last season. Some of the posts I have seen suggesting that Ribéry is nowhere near the level of Messi, Ronaldo, etc. and that it is even arguable that he is even the best player on his team are just out of this world. Some people thinking they can quantify Ribéry’s importance to the team with just goals and assists—it’s just moronic logic, if anything Robben’s importance is solely based on his end product.

If you ever watch Bayern, you will see that Ribéry is our most valuable player. He is the fulcrum to the attack, the leader of the team, and the driving force towards the quadruple. There’s a reason why we haven’t lost in 39 Bundesliga matches with him. The only match we lost last year was because we lacked his incisiveness in the final third.

I don’t even understand the rationale some of you are using to beat Ribéry with a stick when it comes to the Champions League. Prior to Kroos’ injury, Ribéry was consistently creating opportunities and being one of, if not our best player in the Champions League. You can literally go down the list of matches and just pick out vital moments where Ribéry was fundamental to the attacks. In his worst match against Valencia in the 1:1 draw where they were parking the bus, he was playing through pain. He said it, Heynckes said it, Schweinsteiger said it. He’s so valuable to the team that even when he is in pain, he has to play in the crucial match against Valencia, even with Robben and Shaqiri able to play.

What I see that nobody has pointed out is that after Kroos’ injury and when Müller replaced him, Ribéry always had to play deeper in order to support the midfield, something that Kroos always did and something Müller and Ribéry can’t do. That’s why against Juventus, he wasn’t the most important player in the attack. That’s why against Barça and Juventus, he wasn’t the most important player in the attack. Has anyone in this thread ever wondered why Robben and Müller had their best games AFTER Kroos’ injury, AFTER Ribéry had to play a more reserved role, AFTER Robben had to be the more incisive winger in our midfield, AFTER Müller was given a more goal scoring role? It’s actually so obvious to see and notice: go to a Bayern board and ask someone who is knowledgeable why Ribéry wasn’t our best attacking player in the knockout stages, and chances are they will tell you exactly what I am saying. The fact that some of you are overlooking how much work it takes to make Alaba look like a phenomenal defender is ridiculous. The only mistake that Alaba made defensively through the Champions League was slipping against Walcott in the 0:2 loss. Guess who was playing ahead of him? Not Ribéry, and that’s why there was an absolutely massive gap for Walcott to exploit ahead of Alaba.

Ribéry is given complete creative freedom in the Bundesliga and he is by far the best player in the Bundesliga. It’s not even a debate. The fact that Schweinsteiger won a rigged German Footballer of the Year vote is not even worth commenting on. Those that go out of their way to think Lahm is our best player or most valuable don’t know what they are talking about. We lose more without Ribéry than we do without Lahm, and that is when we replace Ribéry with a much better replacement than Lahm. We played Rafinha for a consistent stretch of matches later on in the season and he was playing extremely well, that’s how insignificant the quality of defenders we actually need in our team to excel in the Bundesliga.

We don’t need a player who is the end station for all of our attacks like Ronaldo is for Madrid because we are past that. We don’t need to solely rely on a player for offensive output like Messi is for Barcelona because we are past that. The quadruple is proof of that. Our highest goalscorer didn’t even score 25 in the season, yet we were still able to outplay every team in our path. Our closest call in the Champions League shouldn’t have even been close—Arsenal were put away until their ghost corner that they scored from.

What we have in our team is a leader both offensively and defensively, someone who can consistently get us out of the gutter with a touch of magic, someone who even when he isn’t at his best offensively, will work his ass off to keep playing the ball for the team. It’s so obvious to see that Messi doesn’t contribute at all off the ball, neither does Ronaldo. Anyone trying to tell you otherwise is just talking out of their ass.

Ribéry is a team player first, a playmaker second, and a scorer third. The vast majority of the chances he creates aren’t even put away, some of them being so simple. The likes of Mandzukic, Robben, and Müller have all missed absolute sitters over the past 6 months. Ribéry has by far been our most consistent player over the past 15, 18 months. You can literally count the amount of bad matches he has had over the past 12 months on 1 hand. In the Bundesliga, I doubt you can even muster up 1 or 2 matches over the past 12 months where Ribéry has performed poorly.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that if you question Ribéry’s importance to the team, you don’t even watch Bayern play consistently. No excuse, reasoning, will change my opinion on that. Ribéry is definitely not the best player in the world on talent or skill, but in terms of importance he is the most crucial player to the best team in the world.

Jesus, it’s like some people just look at the stats and just make a judgement on how important or how good a player is. Ribéry’s importance to the team goes far beyond goals and assists. It’s like so many of you want to bash the other player in question just to make your own preferred player look better. I don’t even care if Ribéry wins the Ballon D’Or or not, he’s already won European Footballer of the Year which is an equal accomplishment. I’d rather see mostly reputed journalists in Europe voting for Ribéry instead of the *bleep* captain of Morocco and Lebanon or the media from Liberia. Even if Ribéry is a *bleep*, I’d be glad to see that he made it on the top 3, or even top 2.

Some of you fanboys really need to take a look at yourselves in the mirror. Every single year it is OMG!!! MESSI OR RONALDO!!! NOBODY IS NEAR THEM etc. Every year it's either the Ronaldo or Messi fans that get butthurt (Madrid fans for the past few years) and then there are the stupid conspiracy theories, etc. Ribéry is just as deserving of this award as Messi and Ronaldo are.
Excellent post that sums up my own thoughts on Ribery's influence and why he deserves to win very nicely, I hope to see further contributions from you! Thumbs up
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 7557
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Forza Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:43 am

The fanbois will never let Ribery win.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by M99 Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:53 am

Robben #10 wrote:*bleep* me; I don’t even think half of the people here have even watched Bayern play more than 10 matches over the last season. Some of the posts I have seen suggesting that Ribéry is nowhere near the level of Messi, Ronaldo, etc. and that it is even arguable that he is even the best player on his team are just out of this world. Some people thinking they can quantify Ribéry’s importance to the team with just goals and assists—it’s just moronic logic, if anything Robben’s importance is solely based on his end product.

If you ever watch Bayern, you will see that Ribéry is our most valuable player. He is the fulcrum to the attack, the leader of the team, and the driving force towards the quadruple. There’s a reason why we haven’t lost in 39 Bundesliga matches with him. The only match we lost last year was because we lacked his incisiveness in the final third.

I don’t even understand the rationale some of you are using to beat Ribéry with a stick when it comes to the Champions League. Prior to Kroos’ injury, Ribéry was consistently creating opportunities and being one of, if not our best player in the Champions League. You can literally go down the list of matches and just pick out vital moments where Ribéry was fundamental to the attacks. In his worst match against Valencia in the 1:1 draw where they were parking the bus, he was playing through pain. He said it, Heynckes said it, Schweinsteiger said it. He’s so valuable to the team that even when he is in pain, he has to play in the crucial match against Valencia, even with Robben and Shaqiri able to play.

What I see that nobody has pointed out is that after Kroos’ injury and when Müller replaced him, Ribéry always had to play deeper in order to support the midfield, something that Kroos always did and something Müller and Ribéry can’t do. That’s why against Juventus, he wasn’t the most important player in the attack. That’s why against Barça and Juventus, he wasn’t the most important player in the attack. Has anyone in this thread ever wondered why Robben and Müller had their best games AFTER Kroos’ injury, AFTER Ribéry had to play a more reserved role, AFTER Robben had to be the more incisive winger in our midfield, AFTER Müller was given a more goal scoring role? It’s actually so obvious to see and notice: go to a Bayern board and ask someone who is knowledgeable why Ribéry wasn’t our best attacking player in the knockout stages, and chances are they will tell you exactly what I am saying. The fact that some of you are overlooking how much work it takes to make Alaba look like a phenomenal defender is ridiculous. The only mistake that Alaba made defensively through the Champions League was slipping against Walcott in the 0:2 loss. Guess who was playing ahead of him? Not Ribéry, and that’s why there was an absolutely massive gap for Walcott to exploit ahead of Alaba.

Ribéry is given complete creative freedom in the Bundesliga and he is by far the best player in the Bundesliga. It’s not even a debate. The fact that Schweinsteiger won a rigged German Footballer of the Year vote is not even worth commenting on. Those that go out of their way to think Lahm is our best player or most valuable don’t know what they are talking about. We lose more without Ribéry than we do without Lahm, and that is when we replace Ribéry with a much better replacement than Lahm. We played Rafinha for a consistent stretch of matches later on in the season and he was playing extremely well, that’s how insignificant the quality of defenders we actually need in our team to excel in the Bundesliga.

We don’t need a player who is the end station for all of our attacks like Ronaldo is for Madrid because we are past that. We don’t need to solely rely on a player for offensive output like Messi is for Barcelona because we are past that. The quadruple is proof of that. Our highest goalscorer didn’t even score 25 in the season, yet we were still able to outplay every team in our path. Our closest call in the Champions League shouldn’t have even been close—Arsenal were put away until their ghost corner that they scored from.

What we have in our team is a leader both offensively and defensively, someone who can consistently get us out of the gutter with a touch of magic, someone who even when he isn’t at his best offensively, will work his ass off to keep playing the ball for the team. It’s so obvious to see that Messi doesn’t contribute at all off the ball, neither does Ronaldo. Anyone trying to tell you otherwise is just talking out of their ass.

Ribéry is a team player first, a playmaker second, and a scorer third. The vast majority of the chances he creates aren’t even put away, some of them being so simple. The likes of Mandzukic, Robben, and Müller have all missed absolute sitters over the past 6 months. Ribéry has by far been our most consistent player over the past 15, 18 months. You can literally count the amount of bad matches he has had over the past 12 months on 1 hand. In the Bundesliga, I doubt you can even muster up 1 or 2 matches over the past 12 months where Ribéry has performed poorly.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that if you question Ribéry’s importance to the team, you don’t even watch Bayern play consistently. No excuse, reasoning, will change my opinion on that. Ribéry is definitely not the best player in the world on talent or skill, but in terms of importance he is the most crucial player to the best team in the world.

Jesus, it’s like some people just look at the stats and just make a judgement on how important or how good a player is. Ribéry’s importance to the team goes far beyond goals and assists. It’s like so many of you want to bash the other player in question just to make your own preferred player look better. I don’t even care if Ribéry wins the Ballon D’Or or not, he’s already won European Footballer of the Year which is an equal accomplishment. I’d rather see mostly reputed journalists in Europe voting for Ribéry instead of the *bleep* captain of Morocco and Lebanon or the media from Liberia. Even if Ribéry is a *bleep*, I’d be glad to see that he made it on the top 3, or even top 2.

Some of you fanboys really need to take a look at yourselves in the mirror. Every single year it is OMG!!! MESSI OR RONALDO!!! NOBODY IS NEAR THEM etc. Every year it's either the Ronaldo or Messi fans that get butthurt (Madrid fans for the past few years) and then there are the stupid conspiracy theories, etc. Ribéry is just as deserving of this award as Messi and Ronaldo are.
Great post and especially the part in red.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30391
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum