Dutti
TalkingReckless
sportsczy
Soul
EarlyPrototype
37 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Need a new laptop! - Page 7 Empty Re: Need a new laptop!

Post by El Gunner Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:39 pm

running on its 5th year

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:09 pm

Babun wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Run this

https://geeks3d.com/furmark/

thanks but im not running this, they say it's a very intensive test, so what if the problem gets worse after it, sorry

The last option is to look up the model and see whether someone else in the WWW had the same problems. Most of the time, you're never the chosen one Very Happy

yea i shall... also haven't opened it up yet to clean will get around to that too...
just connected it to the tv via hdmi, problem doesn't occur when i do that... surely that rules out the graphics card then right? or what does it mean?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:31 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Babun wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Run this

https://geeks3d.com/furmark/

thanks but im not running this, they say it's a very intensive test, so what if the problem gets worse after it, sorry

The last option is to look up the model and see whether someone else in the WWW had the same problems. Most of the time, you're never the chosen one Very Happy

yea i shall... also haven't opened it up yet to clean will get around to that too...
just connected it to the tv via hdmi, problem doesn't occur when i do that... surely that rules out the graphics card then right? or what does it mean?

It's the laptop screen. Hardware issue. 5 years is pretty much end of life for a laptop.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:54 pm

Want to replace my 2018 MacBook Pro with 2019 one that has a touchbar.

Apparently touchbar is useless but the sheer aesthetic of it and customisable options is what drives me towards it.

I also may wait for the 2021 16 inch one but apparently they have removed the bar.

It seems it will only be more powerful and thats it.

Anyone advise me if the wait and the extra money for a 2021 is worth it compared to the 19?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:14 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Want to replace my 2018 MacBook Pro with 2019 one that has a touchbar.

Apparently touchbar is useless but the sheer aesthetic of it and customisable options is what drives me towards it.

I also may wait for the 2021 16 inch one but apparently they have removed the bar.

It seems it will only be more powerful and thats it.

Anyone advise me if the wait and the extra money for a 2021 is worth it compared to the 19?

Apparenty, your need isn't urgent. Then wait and get the newest one. All MacBooks are fast these days, the new ones have longer software support which means a lot for longevity and resell value.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:27 pm

Good advice, actually. Thanks Babun Need a new laptop! - Page 7 1f44c
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:17 pm

bought a gaming laptop 18 months ago, its beautiful but I find myself never gaming on it and its too big to move around really, plus im too old to be sat at a desk when I'm at home tbh, need dat Couch lifestyle, save my back

thinking of jumping into the apple ecosystem with the macbooks tbh, I kinda don't want to leave behind windows and they seem so overpriced but I can;t really find a windows equivalent build quality wise which is a shame, and the macbooks are gorgeous

waiting for prime day sales next week, I had a huawei macbook knockoff that was very very good like 4 years ago but they seem to be struggling nowadays with sanctions and stuff, their lineup hasn't really changed the last couple years, still, if a deep sale happens on one of their macbook knockoffs next week I'll probably jump in, otherwise it'll be an M2 Macbook air
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:07 pm

Firenze wrote:bought a gaming laptop 18 months ago, its beautiful but I find myself never gaming on it and its too big to move around really, plus im too old to be sat at a desk when I'm at home tbh, need dat Couch lifestyle, save my back

thinking of jumping into the apple ecosystem with the macbooks tbh, I kinda don't want to leave behind windows and they seem so overpriced but I can;t really find a windows equivalent build quality wise which is a shame, and the macbooks are gorgeous

waiting for prime day sales next week, I had a huawei macbook knockoff that was very very good like 4 years ago but they seem to be struggling nowadays with sanctions and stuff, their lineup hasn't really changed the last couple years, still, if a deep sale happens on one of their macbook knockoffs next week I'll probably jump in, otherwise it'll be an M2 Macbook air

The new macbooks are absolutely gorgeous but yea you can't beat good windows build.

If you want something lightweight and easy to move around then maybe get a high end tablet with a keyboard? Or a windows tablet?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:51 pm

don't samsung make high powered small windows laptops anymore?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7