Art Morte
Red Alert
McAgger
vegfootball
RedOranje
23 posters

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III - Page 14 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III

Post by vegfootball Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:50 pm

i thought Rodgers had  learn by last season how to read XI needs & squad

last season we need back up in:Right back,Left back, Defensive midfielder, 1 Wide player, 1 Striker

XI what we need: Centre back, 2 Wide player, 1 Attacking midfielder

we only got XI Wide player, + Striker what nice squad we did not get any good enough

-------------------------------------------------------------

this season

back up: we got Left back, Striker but still no Right back, Defensive midfielder, 1 Wide player also this time are central midfield look very poor & thin

XI what we need: Centre back, 1 Wide player, 1 Attacking midfielder

vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III - Page 14 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III

Post by Helmer Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:57 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:I don't understand this Ilori deal at all. Not one bit....why don't we focus to get Sakho done first I don't know.

This has been a shit shit window.

I'll lose my shit if we sign Shay Given :facepalm:
probably it is just to to be sure we get at least one of them. I think the priority will be sakho over Ilori, we surely can not be fool not to sign a young plus experienced player as sakho for 11m € over inexp Ilori for 7m €. I think PSG are just trying to extract more money probably and we are just ready in case sakho deal fails. Looking at the rumours there seems to be no one who is ready to offer as much as we are ready to do so.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:04 pm

sorry done it 2 times

Last edited by vegfootball on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:07 pm

vegfootball wrote:Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III - Page 14 When-does-transfer-window-close-2191962
it look to me 3 in a bed,

Suárez: had Rooney & bit tied

Rooney: cry as to much

Bale: look up for it
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:13 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:I don't understand this Ilori deal at all. Not one bit....why don't we focus to get Sakho done first I don't know.
Because the signals we've received from PSG are that they don't wish to sell the player, and for whatever reason there's a stigma against playing two left-footed CBs next to each other. And Sakho, like Willian before him, is an opportunistic target. Ilori has been a long-term target in the CB area while Sakho by nearly all accounts has only properly come onto our radar due to his issues with his club.

So the choices appear to be:
A) Sign a good, but young and inexperienced long-term (relatively speaking) target for less than £10m.
or
B) Sign an somewhat better but opportunistic target for more than £10m and significantly higher wages.

Perhaps Rodgers feels that, given Toure's injury does appear as significant as it did originally, we do not need another CB on starting-XI salary (alongside Skrtel and Agger) and that we would be better off pursuing a younger, cheaper alternative who will be on much smaller wages, more willing to accept a squad role, and more certain to fit into the side as he's been extensively scouted already.

Natalie Portman wrote:This has been a shit shit window.
"Wah! We didn't spend £70m and sign a huge name! What a failure of a transfer season!"

The window has been far from perfect, but it's been just as far from being a failure.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Get Sakho ffs. -_-
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:35 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Because the signals we've received from PSG are that they don't wish to sell the player, and for whatever reason there's a stigma against playing two left-footed CBs next to each other.
Being left footed isn't the problem, it's that neither of them play on the right side of the back 2. Whenever Agger was out of the team and Skrtel moved across to the left he was very dodgy. Much more solid the right.

RedOranje wrote:
"Wah!  We didn't spend £70m and sign a huge name!  What a failure of a transfer season!"

The window has been far from perfect, but it's been just as far from being a failure.
That's not the point. It's not about spending £70 million. It's about spending wisely. We could get a potentially world class CB who could be a starter this season, for example, Papadopoulos or Semih Kaya for about £15-18 million. We could improve on Lucas by signing a good DM for about £10-12 million. Fernando Reges, Gonalons, M'Vila, Capoue, Wanyama. That'd result in a net spend of about £30 million.

We've brought Cissokho in a loan which should sort out the LB problem. After that there would have been a need for a GK and maybe another attacking player. The sales of Downing and Shelvey equal about £12 million, that covers Mignolet. Then you've got the sale of Carroll to add another AM/LW, Konoplyanka, Muniain etc.

Mignolet
Johnson - Papa/Kaya - Agger - Cissokho
M'Vila - Gerrard
Coutinho
Suarez - Sturridge - Kono

That's a top 4 challenging first XI. Get that sorted first. After that you can fill out the squad with Apas, Alberto etc.

There's been big changes in the Premier League this season, City, Chelsea, United all getting new managers. Obviously we were never going to get to their level, but it was at least a chance to get a bit closer in terms of the squads. Arsenal have't spent a penny, it was a great chance to jump above them. We've wasted it. Disaster might be a but harsh considering there's still a chance of getting in another CB, but it's not far off considering what we could have done.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:44 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Because the signals we've received from PSG are that they don't wish to sell the player, and for whatever reason there's a stigma against playing two left-footed CBs next to each other.  And Sakho, like Willian before him, is an opportunistic target.  Ilori has been a long-term target in the CB area while Sakho by nearly all accounts has only properly come onto our radar due to his issues with his club.

So the choices appear to be:
A) Sign a good, but young and inexperienced long-term (relatively speaking) target for less than £10m.
or
B) Sign an somewhat better but opportunistic target for more than £10m and significantly higher wages.

Perhaps Rodgers feels that, given Toure's injury does appear as significant as it did originally, we do not need another CB on starting-XI salary (alongside Skrtel and Agger) and that we would be better off pursuing a younger, cheaper alternative who will be on much smaller wages, more willing to accept a squad role, and more certain to fit into the side as he's been extensively scouted already.

"Wah!  We didn't spend £70m and sign a huge name!  What a failure of a transfer season!"

em lets see

Squad

Defender's

Wisdom bit at right back or centre back needs game time as he is inexperience

McLaughlin like Wisdom  needs game time as he is inexperience

Coates,Škrtel,Flanagan are look like Rodgers does not rate them

so that just level us with unfit Kelly,stop gap in Touré & hope Cissokho work out for as

Central midfield

Allen not a upgrade,better version,improvement on Henderson, still a weak link in the Squad

sold 21 old  Jonjo Shelvey who has over 100 games played in Premier League,play over 20 + games in Europe,  is a England u21

&  bought 20 old Luis Alberto who is still try find his best playing position, inexperience play at high League

still no cover for Lucas

Out wide

2 young raw players & still grow as from teens to men in Sterling & Ibe they look have carry the team over 38 games

Aspas & Borini play out of  position
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:09 pm

Papa's price was above £20m, not 15-18, and there's no guarantee he'll even be back to where he was before his injury, much less that he'll ever approach "World Class." While I like what I've seen of him and would not complain one bit on his signing, your claim about him is somewhere between deliberately misleading and roundly hyperbolic. Kaya's no better than Toure's looked since joining.

Lucas, while not yet back to his best, has put in solid performances and does not need replacing. He could use a back-up though. Again, something that's been discussed. Certainly Wanyama and M'Vila would not be improvements and the others would only be marginally so at this time.

Konoplyanka has no better a record than Yarmolenko. He'd hardly provide the output Rodgers was focused on bringing in. And there's still the chance that one of those two could arrive, going by reports.

A disaster this off season would have been the loss of Suarez, Carra, Agger, without replacements brought in. A disaster is a collapse and a loss of personnel and class. As it is we've improved in both squad and (if only a bit) the starting XI. And we've done so without spending amounts that could hinder us in future windows... that's far, FAR from a "disaster."
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:27 pm

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Sakho-le-psg-et-liverpool-proche-d-un-accord/396910

Very close to signing Sakho from PSG. Deal expected to be for 16-18 mil.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:29 pm

thanks sportzy
banana I really dont mind if we dont get anyone else now

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:41 pm

pls guyz
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:55 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:pls guyz
you disappointed us by not getting eriksen, so we had to do this

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:04 pm

RedOranje wrote:Papa's price was above £20m, not 15-18, and there's no guarantee he'll even be back to where he was before his injury, much less that he'll ever approach "World Class."  While I like what I've seen of him and would not complain one bit on his signing, your claim about him is somewhere between deliberately misleading and roundly hyperbolic.  Kaya's no better than Toure's looked since joining.  

Lucas, while not yet back to his best, has put in solid performances and does not need replacing.  He could use a back-up though.  Again, something that's been discussed.  Certainly Wanyama and M'Vila would not be improvements and the others would only be marginally so at this time.

Konoplyanka has no better a record than Yarmolenko.  He'd hardly provide the output Rodgers was focused on bringing in.  And there's still the chance that one of those two could arrive, going by reports.  

A disaster this off season would have been the loss of Suarez, Carra, Agger, without replacements brought in.  A disaster is a collapse and a loss of personnel and class.  As it is we've improved  in both squad and (if only a bit) the starting XI.  And we've done so without spending amounts that could hinder us in future windows... that's far, FAR from a "disaster."
The reported price for Papa was £18 million. Both him and Kaya have the potential the be world class defenders, both are better than Toure.

Against any decent team Lucas' performances have been far from solid. And I'm sorry but to claim he's better than M'Vila is comical. No other way of saying it. M'Vila has EVERYTHING you need to be a world class defensive midfielder. Only thing that is questionable is his attitude. Lucas is nowhere near that level. He lacks several tools to be a good DM.

Also, better than Wanyama? Are we talking about the same Wanyama? Because surely you can't be talking about the Victor Wanyama that crushed Barcelona on his own? And the others are far more than "marginally" better. Fernando Reges is probably the most under rated DM in Europe right now. Gonalons is positionally brilliant, Lucas is poor in that sense. Capoue, whilst not being brilliant techincally, gives the defence much more protection than we currently get.

Finally, from the very little that I've seen and what others have told me, Kono is comfortably better than Yarmolenko.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:41 pm

We'll have to agree to disagree then, because it's clear you made up your mind on these issues/players before even looking into them, nevermind discussing them.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:55 pm

Ben Smith, BBC Sport

Liverpool hope to complete the signings of Paris St Germain defender Mamadou Sakho and Sporting Lisbon youngster Tiago Ilori before Sunday's match with Manchester United.

The Anfield club are in talks with both clubs and hope to reach an agreement on the respective deals over the weekend.

The 23-year-old Sakho, who can play as a centre back and on the left, has played 14 times for France and is likely to cost around £13m while Ilori, 20, is one of the most promising young defenders in Portugal. Both players are expected on Merseyside for medicals and further talks in the next 24 hours.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:06 pm

:bow:

Where you at ExtremistEnigma?? An I told you so is in order. 3 CBs in coming rofl
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:13 pm

Bein Sport in France (same owner as PSG) just announced that Sakho to Liverpool for 23 mil...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:21 pm

http://www.beinsport.fr/news/title/info-bein-sport--sahko-a-liverpool/article/5xeyobd2oj5x1sf0q8rbcjxl0

Bein Sport say it's official at 23 mil + bonuses. I have to believe them. They get it directly from the club first hand. They've never been wrong about PSG. If they are, it would be a first.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:24 pm

how about RVP in sakho's pocket on sunday hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:35 pm

Still don't think Ilori will join, especially given the price quoted for Sakho by BeIN Sport. Sounds a bit too high for someone who has one year left on his contract, but who cares lol, we are quite possibly getting one of the best (young) CBs out there. Great defender and great with ball at his feet. A bit like Kolo in his prime, perhaps. So glad we are not getting that scrub Papadopoulos.

Anyways if we get Ilori, that would mean we have Agger, Kolo, Sakho, Ilori, Coates, Skrtel, Wisdom and Kelly(?) as our CBs. Coates and Skrtel are sure to depart but it would perhaps also mean one of Kelly or Wisdom will be offloaded next summer. Sad

Don't think Sakho will be eligible for Man Utd game.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:36 pm

Kelly will bench Johnson for RB once he gets back I'm sure of that. He might not offer much going forward but defensively we'll be sound.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:37 pm

And I think Wisdom will be loaned out. So we'll be left with Agger, Sakho, Kolo, Ilori which is perfect.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:39 pm

As we have got Sakho, wisdom will go our on loan. Is there any new news about skrtel yet? I mean I can see him going only if ilori comes in otherwise we will need him

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:40 pm

I think if the transfer happens by today, he will be eligible

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:40 pm

I think Skrtel will be off to Napoli once we confirm the two deals. But that's just me speculating.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next