Gil
jibers
Motogp69
McAgger
AltoZ
39 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Is Lloris the best keeper in PL?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Lloris the best keeper in PL?

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 am

In the space of 1 confed cup tournament Buffon's went from arguably the best to barely in peoples top 10-20 Proud

Lol legacy :bow:

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Is Lloris the best keeper in PL?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Lloris the best keeper in PL?

Post by Motogp69 Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:46 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:In the space of 1 confed cup tournament Buffon's went from arguably the best to barely in peoples top 10-20 Proud

Lol legacy :bow:
But always number 1 in our hearts :bow: 
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:29 am

BS TomJUve. I stopped rating Buffon years ago. He is not world class to me and I swear I am not trolling. At his peak he was the best GK I have seen in my lifetime, to call him world class now....You might as well spit on his face and his legacy. Good solid GK, but his physical abilities have dwindled to the point of no return. Still great at organizing his defence.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:33 am

Lol he's shipped like 44 league goals in two seasons, whilst making numerous top class saves

If he's not World Class then your system of rating GK's is either far too strict, or you're one of those people who think because he's not as good as he was, he can't possibly be WC.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:42 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:When was the last time De Gea conceded a goal due to poor handling from crosses and corners? i can't remember.

His all round game is nowhere near as bad it was, hell he's been flykicked by Andy Carroll and still held on to the ball lol.

Lets not live in the past De Gea is a totally different beast now and that isn't even a hole in his game anymore.

Bad quality and you can't really tell in the video, but iirc De Gea weakly punches it straight to Lennon.

Not that I disagree with you, it's just that you asked
When was the last time De Gea conceded a goal due to poor handling from crosses and corners? i can't remember.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:43 am

Now that Al Hasbi has left the prem yes.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:00 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Now that Al Hasbi has left the prem yes.
Damn, stole my post Mad

Tom why do you bring up Buffon in an EPL thread? In any case he's not even the best current Italian keeper anymore.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:01 am

Because people were making threads listing keepers outside of the BPL. And criminally underrating Buffon. I'd never have mentioned him if people hadn't started making 'best in the world' lists and knocking Buffon off of them.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:02 am

And not the best Italian Keeper? Lmao ok then.

Who is? Marchetti? Juve just raped him with no resistance whilst Buffon saved 2 1 on 1's from Klose and a deflected shot.

But no, a poor confed cup definitely puts him down to top 20 at best.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:58 am

Lloris best keeper Laughing ffs I'm dying here.

Cech, Hart, Mignolet, Begovic, de Gea, Jaaskelainen, Krul(?) all are better than him at the moment.. in that order.

What the *bleep* has he done so far in PL? :facepalm:

Cech is the best keeper in the world atm, hands down.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:05 am

Lloris, Hart and Reina lived on reputation last year, and "clean sheets" too. They weren't even in the top 5 goalkeepers last year.... each made around 4+ mistakes that made their team lose points.

Cech, De Gae, Guzan, Mignolet and Art's boy Jaask rounded up the top 5 last season.
Begovic would of been there in place of Jaask but faded in the second half.

Cech is still the best keeper in the league today.
De Gea is the next best.

The rest is up for grabs. Lloris needs to be consistent and show he's the best, rather than showing glimpses in patches.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:31 am

Disgustingly underrated keeper on this forum.

WORLD CLASS keeper.period.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:53 am

LOL wow! The way you lot overrate some players on this forum is quite comical.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:02 pm

de gea, lloris, and chech are all a close top 3.. for me its almost impossible to pick a number 1.

so i guess ya its arguable that lloris is number 1.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:14 pm

Just from a France NT standpoint... Lloris has been saving our arse a lot since 2010.  As an example, the 2 Spain games in WCQ:  In the first one, he was nothing short of incredible.  Saved a PK and made incredible saves...  even in the 1-0 loss in Paris, he got a hand on that tap in by Pedro.  He was an inch away from saving it from point blank.

I don't think he's as physically imposing as Neuer who is just intimidating.  But Lloris has the best reflexes and quickness.  So picking the best depends on what you want.  Do you prefer the physically imposing keepers or the reflex ones?

If Jibers says Lloris is better than De Gea, then i'll take his word.  Frankly, i think these 2 are the best in EPL by quite a lot.  Cech is great too, but his scope is not what is used to be, which happens with age... just doesn't cover as much area as he used to. But he stops what he can get to, which makes him very good too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Brazilian Magic Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:17 am

Lloris sucks at penalties.CECH IS THA BEST
Brazilian Magic
Brazilian Magic
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:26 pm

Brazilian Magic wrote:Lloris sucks at penalties.CECH IS THA BEST
Lloris has saved 6 out of 41 penalties including shootouts (15% prevention rate).
Cech has saved 20 out of 72 penalties including shootouts (27% prevention rate).

Now let me introduce you to the best keeper in the world.

Neuer has saved 18 out of 46 penalties including shootouts (39% prevention rate).

Neuer the GOAT :bow:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:30 pm

Stopping PKs is about getting lucky and experience...  Lloris has one pk shoutout situation his whole career that i can think of off the top of my head.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Brazilian Magic Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:32 pm

Premier League Keeper then Very Happy 
Brazilian Magic
Brazilian Magic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:49 pm

Motogp69 wrote:
Lloris has saved 6 out of 41 penalties including shootouts (15% prevention rate).
Cech has saved 20 out of 72 penalties including shootouts (27% prevention rate).

Neuer has saved 18 out of 46 penalties including shootouts (39% prevention rate).

Where are those stats from? According to transfermarket these are the guys talked about:

- Petr Cech 86 penaltys 20 (23,26 %) saved
- Hugo Lloris 45 penaltys 6 (13,33 %) saved
- Manuel Neuer 56 penaltys 18 (32,14 %) saved

But the king is Alves(true it is from a smaller sample size so does look better).

- Diego Alves 24 penaltys 12 (50,00 %) saved.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brazilian Magic Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:51 pm

Stats aren't everything.
Cech is a good goalkeeper.and 80% of people agree.
Brazilian Magic
Brazilian Magic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:04 pm

lszanto wrote:
Motogp69 wrote:

Where are those stats from? According to transfermarket these are the guys talked about:

- Petr Cech 86 penaltys 20 (23,26 %) saved
- Hugo Lloris 45 penaltys 6 (13,33 %) saved
- Manuel Neuer 56 penaltys 18 (32,14 %) saved

But the king is Alves(true it is from a smaller sample size so does look better).

- Diego Alves 24 penaltys 12 (50,00 %) saved.
Same source, but a math fail on my part. I combined penalties and shootouts but didn't notice that the penalties saved were kept separate from the penalties encountered. So I artificially raised each keepers statistics. So your numbers are correct. More to the point:

Mignolet has saved 5 out of 16 penalties (never faced a shootout) (24% prevention rate).
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:58 pm

By the way, here's a table that compares some more keepers: http://www.goallegacy.net/t20586p108-top-penalty-killers#1018302
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:01 am

RWO the goalie aficionado :bow: 
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:13 am

something-red wrote:Lloris, Hart and Reina lived on reputation last year, and "clean sheets" too. They weren't even in the top 5 goalkeepers last year.... each made around 4+ mistakes that made their team lose points.

Cech, De Gae, Guzan, Mignolet and Art's boy Jaask rounded up the top 5 last season.

De Gea is the next best.

The rest is up for grabs. Lloris needs to be consistent and show he's the best, rather than showing glimpses in patches.
Consistency?

Lloris is consistent as hell... what he does every week for Tottenham is ridiculous. Tottenham without Lloris in the NLD would have been awful. Lloris is the GOAT here simply for having to clean up behind the likes of Dawson.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Brazilian Magic Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:39 am

CBarca wrote:
something-red wrote:Lloris, Hart and Reina lived on reputation last year, and "clean sheets" too. They weren't even in the top 5 goalkeepers last year.... each made around 4+ mistakes that made their team lose points.

De Gea is the next best.

Consistency?

Lloris is consistent as hell... what he does every week for Tottenham is ridiculous. Tottenham without Lloris in the NLD would have been awful. Lloris is the GOAT here simply for having to clean up behind the likes of Dawson.
+1.
Same with Cech tho.
JT is getting older by the minute,and cahill and luiz arent consistence
The Problem with Keepers is that they take most of the blame for conceding,while defenders take less.
Brazilian Magic
Brazilian Magic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next