SuperMAG
Valkyrja
Onyx
71 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Gareth Bale discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Gareth Bale discussion

Post by Cyborg Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:16 pm

i take my comments back, it sounds a little discriminatory.

i just dont like the hardball negotiations and stance they have.

i dont even want bale to come in any case.

Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:52 pm

Cyborg wrote:i take my comments back, it sounds a little discriminatory.

i just dont like the hardball negotiations and stance they have.

i dont even want bale to come in any case.

I was about to say that those were harsh comments, but its really Levy playing hardball, not anyone else in the clubs management. But I think everyone at spurs want to keep Bale because he really does make a difference for them and they want to get into CL- they were unlucky these past to seasons to be kicked out the spot at the end.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:20 pm

We don't need him. At all.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:31 pm

Laughing  Real Madrid . It's like when we got Fabregas . Not necessary as good as he is .

Bale is a fantastic player though.

If i was Levy i wouldn't mind getting money + Contreao or Di maria.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:27 pm

Bénin wrote:Laughing  Real Madrid . It's like when we got Fabregas . Not necessary as good as he is .

Bale is a fantastic player though.

If i was Levy i wouldn't mind getting money + Contreao or Di maria.

And no fan can do a damn thing about it too. Most we can do is accept, take the trolling and hope he pans out.

Like Fabregas, I can see Bale being a tactical conundrum.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:54 am

COPE | Real Madrid signed Bale for €99m. It'll be made official on Friday, so as not to interfere with the testimonial of Raúl in the Bernabeu Trophy.

Damn he's one expensive player, hope he lives up to his price tag.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:21 am

^^ he won't

But if he comes, then welcome aboard and help us on our journey to the Decima
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Gareth Bale discussion - Page 3 Empty Gareth Bale

Post by Adit Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:41 pm

It is now almost a reality.So what now with him? Unneeded signing for sure but we will have to live with it. Where do you see him slotting in?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Damn, he messes up all the formations i created this preseason... Laughing 

/sarcasam

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:55 pm

Benzema/Kaka were unneeded signings :whistle:

If he comes I'll be happy that we'll have another match winner on the team. I don't want to go into another season depending on Benzema/Di Maria and to a lesser degree Ozil, who can't have more than 2 great games in a row for some reason.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:37 pm

Only agree half with the Zz, I dont mind having another great player, even though he came with stupid price and all.

But i do trust players like benzema, Ozil. The thing is i dont even have to, since i know jese and morata or no mugs. they are not just talents that are riding in our squad as extras.

I believe they will be great for us. thats what i believe.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:43 pm

I don't trust Benzema at all. I fully expect to see Morata challenge him for minutes this season. Especially when the Bernabeu crowd is going to be chanting "Morata, Morata" every time Benzema is not in the box when a cross is made.

Di Maria is the scrub killer but again he can't have more than two great games in a row. It's insane tbh, someone as talented as him should be so much better than he currently is.

Ozil is awesome and I like him a lot but he is not a match winner imo. He'll play like an angel from heaven when the whole team is playing well but when the team is not playing well I've never really seen him lift the team on his own.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:57 pm

You are looking at players as they are suppose to change the match on their own.

Thats not how it works, they are a team, as a team they can be more devastating then CR7, and they proved they can many times.

If benz doesnt score, he build up and assist. if ozil doesnt go through the whole defence and score a goal, he pulls a magical pass that opens up a defence in a split second, someone scores, and we win the match.

its about the team, not the indivisials. Isco wont make those messi like runs every game, the thing is, he doesnt have too. He just need to help with the flow of the team, and good things will happen.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:18 pm

On the contrary, if we didnt had ozil, we wouldnt have been able to win and dominate all the league games, Cr7 wont had the portion of goals that were created by ozil plays and direct assists. Same goes with benzema and his impact on team and Cr7.

Its all about the balance of the team, and the role of the players that are in the team. And team needs benz and ozil as much as Cr7, if we replace ozil and benz with bale, means we will have two shooters with Cr7, which can be good, but also be bad, we wont be creating as much attacking plays that are done by benz and ozil plays.

There cant be finisher without an assister, there cant be an assister without the builder of attack, you need to look at benz and ozil for not how many goals they scored the past seasons, but for how much contributions they made to the team as a whole. In the end, you will find out that they are as important as Cr7. Its all about their roles and effectiveness.

For all i know, fking di magia is a good squad player, as you said, he a fking scrub killer, well sometimes we need those, fast legs to add more goals to the game that can potentially win us a match in case we leak goals, or that can just win us a match against a top team with his shear through ball that he posses out of nowhere.

For all we know, morata and jese can be world beaters if given chance with the team, surely varane wasnt a world beater when he was just a extra squad member.

Anyway, damn, my post became too long, lol, I think signing bale is good. But we shouldnt take ozil, benz, jese, morata for granted. They are dependable folks.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:19 pm

SuperMAG wrote:You are looking at players as they are suppose to change the match on their own.

Thats not how it works, they are a team, as a team they can be more devastating then CR7, and they proved they can many times.

If benz doesnt score, he build up and assist. if ozil doesnt go through the whole defence and score a goal, he pulls a magical pass that opens up a defence in a split second, someone scores, and we win the match.

its about the team, not the indivisials. Isco wont make those messi like runs every game, the thing is, he doesnt have too. He just need to help with the flow of the team, and good things will happen.
Doesn't change the fact that they're inconsistent. Although Ozil's inconsistency isn't that big a deal since it's minimal compared to others (not to mention he is a consistent source of assists).
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:20 pm

SuperMAG wrote:
Anyway, damn, my post became too long, lol, I think signing bale is good. But we shouldnt take ozil, benz, jese, morata for granted. They are dependable folks.
I can agree with this. I'm not saying we should sell anyone (in fact I'm actually very happy with the squad as it is) I'm just saying adding a match winner like Bale is something I welcome.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:43 pm

Does bale defend?

Can he assist regularly and play as RM (not RW or RF)?

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:50 pm

he was a defender so yes he can defend or else id be worried Laughing

he can cross so he might get assists that way but he cant play a throughball or hasnt tried to anyways maybe because adebayor never seems to be in the box but fact still stands apart from crosses he hasn't shown he can provide assists by any other means

RM??? he has played rw once if I am not mistaken so yh not very used to that either
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:08 pm

How will the formation look now?

Ronaldo and Bale as the strikers, Ozil & Isco behind them?

or 3 forwards with Isco in a 3 man midfield?

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:12 pm

LeVersacci wrote:How will the formation look now?

Ronaldo and Bale as the strikers, Ozil & Isco behind them?

or 3 forwards with Isco in a 3 man midfield?

It is just me guessing.

......................................CR...............Bale

........................Isco...............................................Ozil

......................................Casemiro........Modric

Marcelo...........Ramos............................Varane...............Carvajal

......................................Casillas

very defensively weak formation but thats my prediction.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:03 pm

I don't even understand the logic. It's something along the lines of Ozil don't play well if everyone else is playing poorly.

Well here's the thing - if Ozil plays well then the chances of everyone else playing well go up exponentially. Same with Benz. When they do on the pitch creates a positive flow of attack for everyone. It's the very definition of lifting the team.

Both are inconsistent - but the idea that the alignment of their peaks and troughs with that of the team as a whole is anything other than the greatest compliment they can be given does confuse me.

Bale has absolutely nothing on him other than shooting, not even consistency. If he moved to the PL people would be talking Balon D' Or, the things he would do given the space to run and pass in that league.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:05 pm

Zealous wrote:I don't trust Benzema at all. I fully expect to see Morata challenge him for minutes this season. Especially when the Bernabeu crowd is going to be chanting "Morata, Morata" every time Benzema is not in the box when a cross is made.

Di Maria is the scrub killer but again he can't have more than two great games in a row. It's insane tbh, someone as talented as him should be so much better than he currently is.

Ozil is awesome and I like him a lot but he is not a match winner imo. He'll play like an angel from heaven when the whole team is playing well but when the team is not playing well I've never really seen him lift the team on his own.

Agree.

Esp. Ozil -  Way too inconsistent , loses the ball easily, Bad at physical play and gets tired easily. Now that we have Isco. I will stick my head out and say sell him. Don't think we need him. esp If Bale is coming in.

Benz - Good player, but NOT a striker . He puts in decent crosses from the right, perhaps plays better than Ozil if plays ther. Arsene Wenger needs more French pussies and he loves Garfield. why not sell him and buy Suarez or another decent striker. Morata will play his part.

Di Maria - I am sure he is leaving. Good player - should be playing on the left. On the right, Yes- he is not consistent enough
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:29 pm

lol at trying to justify the Bale signing.

I watched a ton of Spurs mainly because i follow Lloris.  Here's the thing with Bale:  They would give him the ball right after the center point and he had the freedom to do whatever he wanted, include shoot from anywhere.  That worked fine against the lesser teams because their defenders were not that talented and they respected his pace... so they gave him too much space.  But whenever Spurs would face a good defense, Bale was stuck.  The defenders played him close and he would drift because he's basically a two trick poney:  Either he tries to beat you with pace and goes straight at goal OR he takes a long distance shot.  That's it.  That's the extent of it.  

He had a great year because he got timely goals.  But other than that, he is very, very playable.  There is no mystery to his game.

Is he worth 30-40 mil?  Sure.  Just age, speed and shot make him worth that.  But is he a difference maker for an elite level team?  Laughing No.  I mean the Spurs finished behind Arsenal that had a bunch of no-names other than Cazorla and a Chelsea that was in shambles with mid-season manager change and an aging squad.

Truly overrated in a massive way.  And, no, he's not better than either Di Maria or Benzema.

What's worse... he can't play like he does with the Spurs.  You have Isco, Ozil and Modric who handle the ball in the midfield and are the creators.  As far as a roaming striking force... that's CR7.  What is Bale going to be?  He has to completely reinvent his game Laughing CR7 is certainly not going to compromise his output for anyone.

You guys will see... this has flop written all over it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:47 pm

So playing with the best players in the world will make Bale worse ? I just can't get it. He's thrice the player Benzema is, it's not even a contest.

It's 2009 all over again, when everyone was expecting Ronaldo to flop, and many thought that Kaka and Benzema are going to rule.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:53 pm

The point is that Bale needs the team to be built around him where he gets the ball extremely often and he has the freedom to do what he wants... That's what made him effective this past year. Prior to last year, you had Modric and Van Der Vaart who had the midfield and creative responsibility and Bale was a traditional winger. He was ok... nothing all that special.

CR7 had the team built around him from day 1 at Madrid and that's not going to change with Bale. We also have guys who handle the midfield. Bale is going to become a winger again.

There is no other option unless CR7 leaves.

And Bale wasn't even in the same class as Benz or Di Maria until this past year. Can he adapt from being a superstar to a role player like these guys? I highly doubt it.

You can't have a guy become a game winner when nobody other than CR7 gets more than 3 shots per game... just can't happen. Having the confidence to take shots and making them comes with competitive repetition.

I really don't see it at all. Would have preferred a true 9 like Falcao since he doesn't need to see the ball that often and can still stay sharp. Cavani would have been fantastic too because he actually defends like a beast and can compensate there for CR7... and score.

Anyhow, i think Flo is playing FIFA or FM here. The whole concept is video game-ish...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:17 pm

I completely agree with everything sports has posted in the last couple of pages.Bale will have to reinvent his game, and even then i can hardly think of him fitting in the team.Not just that but he will have to face immense psychological pressure for many reasons, like: being the most expensive footballer ever, having players like Benzema and Ozil behind him on the pecking order,the "must win every game" pressure in la liga,spanish media picking on him if he flops in a few games etc...

Last edited by Ganso on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next