AltoZ
Tomwin Lannister
Lupi
RealGunner
M99
77 posters

Page 32 of 36 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down

Italian Serie A/Serie B 2013-14 Discussion - Page 32 Empty Re: Italian Serie A/Serie B 2013-14 Discussion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:13 pm

B.I.P Cascia.

Also known as Believe in Padoin.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Italian Serie A/Serie B 2013-14 Discussion - Page 32 Empty Re: Italian Serie A/Serie B 2013-14 Discussion

Post by S Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:B.I.P Cascia.

Also known as Believe in Padoin.
Padoin has been a very solid and reliable player whenever he's been called upon.Its just that i dont expect anything from him in an attacking sense today.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:15 pm

I see Mole the whore has switched camp to Inter now..

disappointing really.... Sad 
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:18 pm

I switch camps every week, i'm now in the Roma camp :coffee:

Next week i'll be in the Napoli camp :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:23 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I switch camps every week, i'm now in the Roma camp :coffee:

dat mazzari image, dat disappointment Sad
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:52 pm

What am I seeing....Juve 0-1 Milan Shocked 
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:54 pm

I don't think it will last long though...Juve in second gear already.

Edit: Zapata :facepalm:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I switch camps every week, i'm now in the Roma camp :coffee:

Switching out of the Arsenal camp because they drew Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:40 pm

I really feel it for Milan fans. Who are these scrubs ffs - I feel sorry for Allegri Laughing 10 years ago Higuaín, Cavani, Falcao, Lavezzi etc. would kill to go to Milan but now they skip Rossoneri's name like it is some underdog scrub team. Let's compare this squad to that of 7 years ago.

Dida --> Abbiati
Oddo --> Abate
Nesta --> Zapata
Maldini --> Mexés
Jankulovski --> Constant
Ambrosini --> Muntari
Pirlo --> De Jong
Seedorf --> Nocerino
Gattuso --> Montolivo
Kaká --> Robinho
Inzaghi --> Matri

Pretty much a downgrade at every department from the 2006 team. Perhaps Abate is better than Oddo, with Abbiati matching Dida in goal. The rest of the team is either worse or much worse.

How many of these scrubs could get into the 2006 team? Abbiati, Abate, De Jong, Montolivo and Robinho. The latter two would be bench warmers.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:37 pm

I am starting to doubt that Milan will have a turnaround like last season.Roma are in magnificent form and look like a much better side than Milan right now,then there's Napoli who have made an excellent start and look very confident.Cant discount sides  like Inter and Fiorentina either who look much better than last season.

They have a hell lot of competition for CL places this year unlike last season.January window might fix things but to what extent is the big question.Its going to be a long season for them.

Btw should Allegri stay or go ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:43 pm

Napoli and Juventus will definitely finish above Milan by the end of the season. Roma, Fiorentina, Inter or even Lazio would be in a good position to challenge Rossoneri.

What's more worrying would be the fact that Serie A's CL spots may be reduced from 2+1 to 2 with their awful form in Europe in the upcoming seasons. Especially with Russian and French teams catching up to Italians.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:49 pm

danyjr wrote:What's more worrying would be the fact that Serie A's CL spots may be reduced from 2+1 to 2 with their awful form in Europe in the upcoming seasons. Especially with Russian and French teams catching up to Italians.
Thats a bit of an exagerration.After Portugal and France ,you have Russia who are like 14 points behind Serie A in the co-efficient table.I say this would be a stagnation period for Serie A where they will remain with 3 CL spots but i find it unlikely that they will fall behind the Russians in the coming years.

And French league surpassing Serie A is irrelevant anyway as Serie A will remain with 3 CL spots even if they do so.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:52 pm

Fiorentina are already 9 points behind Roma rofl

Dat hype rofl

Strengthened they said rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:56 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Fiorentina are already 9 points behind Roma rofl

Dat hype rofl

Strengthened they said rofl
Nope.

Look at the teams above them. Counting out Hellas....Inter, Roma, and Napoli are much better teams this season while Juventus despite their drop of form remain consistent.

Watching Fiorentina this season, they are a far better side than last season. Points have been dropped out of dire finishing and serious lapses in defence in a ballsy tweaked system.

Losing Gomez was a severe negative given it pushed Rossi advanced into a role he is not comfortable in, despite him continuing to score.

Fiorentina at this point last season were around this level, yet any consistent observer of them will note how much better they have gotten, despite the loss of Jovetic and Ljajic. Easily better than last year.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:07 pm

Easy to explain really

Cuadrado is missed

And one of the hyped up new signings is Injured

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:16 pm

At least Balo would have gotten us a penalty
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:02 am

danyjr wrote:I really feel it for Milan fans. Who are these scrubs ffs - I feel sorry for Allegri :lol:10 years ago Higuaín, Cavani, Falcao, Lavezzi etc. would kill to go to Milan but now they skip Rossoneri's name like it is some underdog scrub team. Let's compare this squad to that of 7 years ago.

Dida --> Abbiati
Oddo --> Abate
Nesta --> Zapata
Maldini --> Mexés
Jankulovski --> Constant
Ambrosini --> Muntari
Pirlo --> De Jong
Seedorf --> Nocerino
Gattuso --> Montolivo
Kaká --> Robinho
Inzaghi --> Matri

Pretty much a downgrade at every department from the 2006 team. Perhaps Abate is better than Oddo, with Abbiati matching Dida in goal. The rest of the team is either worse or much worse.

How many of these scrubs could get into the 2006 team? Abbiati, Abate, De Jong, Montolivo and Robinho. The latter two would be bench warmers.
The real reason and Milan's real problem all these years , why we can't compete with the other top clubs , is lack of investment , many if not all of our fanbase and observers know this . It's great to have a youth project going on but without sufficient financial investment , things will be more or less the same . The combination of the two is the secret , if it ain't already common secret in 2013. Anyway.. You can simply compare how much the players of the 2006 team cost all together and those of today. The gap is chaotic actually , especially for the value for money rule. Not much any manager or the few quality players left behind can do to change the real limits the management sets each season for Milan and that's a sad truth to realise. Just for the record , after Inter won the treble , Milan did wake up and invested to help the team and it succeeded . That was just the last drop though , eventually we had to sell our last world class players in Thiago Silva and Ibrahimovic.It coinsided with the departure of Milan's old guard and Cassano's decision to leave a sunking ship and we once again have had to begin from scratch , just like after 2009-2010 , when Ancelotti , Kaka and Maldini left the club.

We may still buy the occasional player , but where we really hurt there's no healing and there won't be any time soon really , there's a serious lack of will to invest that's been going on at Milan . The FFP just came at the right time to hide Berlusconi's unwillingness to invest under the carpet and although i support what the FFP brings in theory and the clubs decision to be able to stand at it's feet without Berlusconi , i cannot look away when it comes to being competitive , that's what hinders Milan really.

The only real investments have been El Shaarawy and Balotelli and El Shaarawy was rather unexpected tbh. Other than that , there have been a few bright exceptions to the rule such as De Jong , Pazzini and recently Poli(investment 4m , lmfao).. all the rest are either free transfers which are totally 50-50 , youngsters and/or scrubs , at least for a club like Milan .

Many think it's because Allegri suck we don't compete and what not. Sure he is not the best , but only in his first season he has had 100% support from the management and he won . All the rest that followed have made him mostly the scapegoat , when in fact the real scalptors of this limited edition Milan have always been the management. Actually , if i exclude the exceptions to the rule in Pato and Thiago Silva , which they still sold a bit more than 50m , we didn't really invest in the team after 2008 untill 2011 when Allegri came in. Some good transfers happened which didn't have to be expensive , but they didn't came in as investments rather to add to the same quality , rarely raised the overall quality like De Jong or Montolivo. I leave out Ronaldinho , that was just Berlusconi's wish above all.

This team needs many new players at the moment , the manager is the last thing that concerns me honestly , even if Allegri who i rate very highly gets the sack tomorrow morning . Anybody who really understands football gets that whichever manager you bring in will do the same (more or less) , when the overall quality is limited.

Despite all that , i still believe we can get to CL football next season. Injuries have really messed up our season once again . A game against Juventus cannot change my opinion that Milan for all the limits it's sets uppon themselves , can still claim a ticket to next seasons Champions League , but we have already been to the point since last season where , a CL qualification is all we challenge for and that's also a sad thing to know.. If we had the quality to challenge for the CL i wouldn't mind to finish each season 2nd and 3rd , like we did with Ancelotti , but go for the CL.

It's pointless to be Milan and claim you aim to become competitive again in Europe , but don't invest for it. Just participating won't make us contenters and these guys who manage stuff at Milan know this better than everyone else.. Don't know what else to say really , i believe in Milan and for all the inside and outside difficulties we will have to overcome , imo we will get CL for next season too. But without will to invest or 'protect' any previous investments for that matter , not sure what's the mastermind plan behind all this Laughing

This team only needs a GK , 2 CBs , 1 more creative midfielder and lose certain scrubs that don't really worth to step on the field with this shirt(this doesn't go for tonights game by any means). With somewhere to 50m we can do this , but we won't Laughing. There's a very nice core at Milan right now and certain youngsters that will become very important as the years go by.. but with so few investments to show , i am not sure to what all this will account at the end , short or long term end.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:38 am

My biggest reason at being pissed off by Allegri is that he was unable  to translate last season's second half form. Arsenal ( And i bring this up a lot, and for good reason) were similar to us. They had a fantastic second half, and they snatched the CL spot, same as us. They carried their tremendous form until now, even they have had major injuries. We, for some reason, were unable to do that. Always with the damn slow starts to the season, and after last season i thought we couldn't have a worse start than 2012/13...there's only a 1 point difference to where we were at this stage last season..

I commend Allegri for achieving our goals last season, though ever since that meeting in Sardinia, where Berlu dropped the verses on him. Things got a bit strange, Allegri said he will stick with Petagna, but then we waste 12m for Matri and Petagna is off to Samp. Don't know what happened there. After that, his performances started to get worse and worse. Recurring problems from previous season still show up, We were seconds away of losing to Torino and Bologna, and then we let Ajax. Who have sold their best players, and gave 2 youngsters their first CL debut, beat us to the pulp. The worst thing is that if we just played our game, we could've won that

Go back to tonight's game and look at the highlights, you'll find that it was Montolivo who squandered possession twice that led to goals. Whether it was wise to deploy him as a TQ, you tell me. We were unable to create any chances from plays and both our goals were a result of happenstance rather than the workings of a play. Don't get me started on the 86 min Poli sub

Anyways, i have reiterated my points many times. I think y'all get the picture. I am thankful for everything he has done for us and all, but after this season we need to look for a new head honcho. The management clearly doesn't want him, the fans are in conflict about him. I don't know if our next manager will be better than Allegri or worse, i can only hope for the best, and prepare for the worst.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:07 am

Tbh , understandable . But really , i don't care so much for the coach tbh. I like him and i still don't believe stuff happen just because of him.. for instance , you talked about Montolivo being deployed as TQ.. well , the mistakes didn't came from that area anyway , they came from his own area where he usually finds himself at the start or during the course of games. Though overally he gave his 100% and did his best , his mistakes cannot be that will define the whole result. But anyway , it's too late to analyse , i am very bored to do this right now , lmao

Danyjr opened up the subject and he really guessed it right , more like observed the obvious if you ask me.. but anyway , i agree that it is time for a change , not particularly for the reasons that have been mentioned but anyway.. a mix of it. I've always liked Allegri but imo i believe coaches should rarely stay for more than 4 seasons at a club , unless they are something really special.

In any case.. like you i don't feel going over the same things again. Let's see what happens when Ses-Balo-Kaka-De Sciglio get back(nothing to do with Allegri here , just saying) . I think we can still claim a Champions League spot , for all Roma , Juventus , Napoli and Inter have to say. Because despite all that happened tonight , we wouldn't lose this game with El Shaarawy , Balotelli and Kaka on the field . We had some luck sure and a bad 2nd half , but even with the chances we had we could steal the win tonight. With our main 11 and our game , worst case scenario we wouldn't lose .

I am ok with changing the manager , i can even prove it to you from within the posts in the section , that i've said since last season that for all i rate Allegri a change will probably be for the best after his 4th season , but whoever the next manager is , we need a few very nice investments in order to really raise our level in quality and actually compete. Starting with Abbiati and then Zapata . Two players that really hinder our defensive quality against strong opponents.

Not changing the flaws , but dealing with them in another way won't make the flaws dissapear , just saying :lol:If certain players continue to be important , we will never be able to get past those , even if we minimise their effects on games , Allegri or no Allegri.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:05 am

I like Allegri but if we were to change managers, I would take a gamble on Pippo. Pippo probably knows many of our promising players now so he would fit our plans; however, this is a huge gamble since he is not that experienced. I also believe that Pippo could be a great motivator mainly because of his passion for the game as seen when he played for the club.

But I agree with Dante that if we are to get a new manager, we obviously have to give him a better teams to start of with.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:43 am

Tassotti deserves a shot before Pippo. Mauro has been our assistant manager for so, so, so long. Youth coach from 1997-2001 and first team assistant from 2001-2013. He played 17 seasons with Milan and won 17 titles. He was in the famous impenetrable back 4 along with Maldini, Baresi and Costacurta. He's seen countless coaches come and go, from the very best to the very worst. He's not even a gamble IMO. I'd be very surprised if we didn't get very good results almost immediately with him. He is a huge asset to the club and he should be given the opportunity to demonstrate what he can do.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:49 pm

Forza wrote:Tassotti deserves a shot before Pippo. Mauro has been our assistant manager for so, so, so long. Youth coach from 1997-2001 and first team  assistant from 2001-2013. He played 17 seasons with Milan and won 17 titles. He was in the famous impenetrable back 4 along with Maldini, Baresi and Costacurta. He's seen countless coaches come and go, from the very best to the very worst. He's not even a gamble IMO. I'd be very surprised if we didn't get very good results almost immediately with him. He is a huge asset to the club and he should be given the opportunity to demonstrate what he can do.
I would like Tassoti to replace Allegri though i always thought he has done extremelly well as assistant manager and i wouldn't like Milan to lose his best work by altering it , like when Galliani made Leonardo the manager. As for Pippo , i think he has it albeit too soon=too risky to manage Milan . It would be best if he continued with the youth for the foreseeable future. Although i would like him to become asssistant manager to Tassoti , i believe he has so much to give to the certain youngsters who one day will find themselves in Milan and i think it will be for the best if he takes his time in general lines , for everybody involved.  

My only concern with Tassoti will be that if he does become our manager ; i believe the management won't invest to help him like they would with another top manager like Prandelli and that is something nobody wants.. Not sure even Berlusconi and Galliani can stand another season with such poor defenders and lack of depth in general lines , but you get the point , they will have excuses once again.. I think it will all go well in the end and the change in manager and some investment will take place , better late than ever.

Prandelli - Spalleti are the top candidates in my eyes , then there's Tassoti and Rijkaard who would accept right away if we can't get Prandelli-Spalleti and a couple of outsiders for the job in Van Basten and Montella will be the list of candidates to replace Allegri . For Prandelli and Spalleti i wouldn't think twice , for the rest i retain my doubts and concerns , even though i would like to see any of them manage Milan , last being Montella and i would probably support any of them 100% if we chose one of them .

I reiterate though for the upteenth time , perhaps the next manager would have a more aggresive and fearless attitude in comparison to Allegri's cautious and pragmatic approach during games , but if we persist on not investing sufficiently then we won't get far , whoever the manager is. Investments mean whatever is necessary to improve the team . I recall so many missed players because of this , because we have been cheap. It's funny many doubt Allegri all this time , Berlusconi and Galliani have been around since the 80s and since they decided enough is enough , not once i've seen them say they made mistakes , not fkn once Laughing(maybe when Galliani said i regret letting Shevchenko go , but that it's definitely it).. To prove my point , could you imagine Milan winning CLs the last decade if they were going to sign players like they go today ? "How much for Nesta ? no , too expensive thanks" "Seedorf-Pirlo that much? Rui Costa and Inzaghi that much?" . I would like to see what Ancelotti would have done without investments lmfao ( although i saw it in his last two seasons )..  wouldn't last a 3rd season if it happened like that .

But sure , Allegri bad manager , #sack #chop head #BacktoMordor e.t.c

It's almost laughable to me that we question a manager after all the shit they've done for years , but so be it.. He should go because in the end it will be to our benefit and it will force B&G to invest and help the new manager , but if it's anyone to blame and be most accurate , that would be the management and on the field all these fkn injuries. All the scrubs and whatnot didn't find themselves here on their own and at the end of the day , you built your own luck. There have been some signs again , but we need much more than that .

You see , it's not the amount that describes the investment. We paid nothing for Montolivo and he is an investment. It's the necessity to bring that value home that counts above all and we cannot hope to compete by waiting that long or expect free transfers. We have Balotelli and El Shaarawy today that are supposed to represent the new Milan , but we paid what it took to get them . So pay what it takes in order to aquire the services of capable players who want nothing else than to succeed wearing this shirt , not just wear this shirt and make some money , untill this happen , i cannot say that any manager will somehow make us competitive again , even though we need a new one as it seems.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:02 pm

(By the way, Mexes got a 4-match suspension for his punch and the 2 yellow cards, I'm starting to hate this thug more than Zuniga)

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:24 am

Guys, can you tell me what's wrong with Fiorentina!!! They had a good team, improved the squad and there wasn't any managerial changes. I expected them to do better.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:03 am

iftikhar wrote:Guys, can you tell me what's wrong with Fiorentina!!! They had a good team, improved the squad and there wasn't any managerial changes. I expected them to do better.
They are still doing well, but look at the teams above them. Top teams with more quality. Plus, Cuadrado and Gomez being injured and a fairly tough draw so far hasn't helped. They aren't in a really bad position though.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:14 pm

Napoli's eagerly-awaited meeting with Serie A leaders Roma has been brought forward 24 hours, meaning it will now take place on October 18 at 20:45CET.

The game at the San Paolo had been scheduled to go ahead on the first Saturday after the current international break but that would have seen the top-of-the-table encounter clash with a planned protest in Naples.

Given the strain that would have placed upon the city's police force, Lega Calcio has now decided to move the match to the Friday night.

"Roma-Napoli is clearly a game that must be played and it makes no sense that we pit ourselves against one another, but this solution causes more [logistical] problems for us than the Giallorossi," the Napoli supremo told reporters on Monday.

"The most important thing, however, is that a solution has been found that gives due prominence to the game.

"Right now we are talking about a match that can be considered as the game of games."

Roma have won all seven of their Serie A fixtures so far this season, while second-placed Napoli have dropped just two points.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 36 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next