stevieg8
Art Morte
McAgger
Nishankly
BenHarrison
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Anyone in favour of selling Suarez? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone in favour of selling Suarez?

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:23 pm

He has always been training with the squad... he's been "banished" since the interview where he went to the Guardian and told them he wanted to leave in an attempt to discipline him / get his head out of his ass and think about what he's just done. Like John Henry has said, that's for Luis and Rodgers to work out.

So what if they've done some of the things he's done? Is Bale considered cancer because he dives? It's a weak argument. Look at Rooney. Is he cancer at United? Sure he's stooged them for a 250k a week for his contract, but he's carried them to how many premierships? He genuinely wants to leave now purely because he doesn't have a relationship with David Moyes.

Suarez has done nothing but help the club progress since he's been here. If we've been going downhill, sure. You can call him cancer, you call him whatever you want. But since he's been here he's only carried us to the best possible outcome we could of got from our current position.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Anyone in favour of selling Suarez? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone in favour of selling Suarez?

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:21 pm

Personally, I'm much more pleased seeing Liverpool taking a stand against player/manager power rather than cashing in an asset and setting the club up for similar issues every summer window after we miss out on CL in the future.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:04 am

something-red wrote:

So what if they've done some of the things he's done? Is Bale considered cancer because he dives? It's a weak argument. Look at Rooney. Is he cancer at United? Sure he's stooged them for a 250k a week for his contract, but he's carried them to how many premierships? He genuinely wants to leave now purely because he doesn't have a relationship with David Moyes.
You don't become a "cancer" to your club if you occasionally dive or want to switch clubs, but when you do all of the stuff that Suarez has done, you do become that, in my opinion.

I understand that the better the player, the more he is usually liked among the fans, but I also find it a little unfair; If, say, Jose Enrique or Joe Allen were doing this stuff that Suarez has been doing, we as fans would be absolutely mad at them and want them out the sooner the better. I don't think it's completely correct that we fans let star players pour a can of feces on our club and still keep our tongues up their rectums just because they're such good players. I'd rather have a team of Carraghers and be a mid-table club than a team of Suarezes and win the title every year.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:12 am

I agree 100% with what Art said!! Thumbs up 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:17 pm

Art Morte wrote:
something-red wrote:

You don't become a "cancer" to your club if you occasionally dive or want to switch clubs, but when you do all of the stuff that Suarez has done, you do become that, in my opinion.

I understand that the better the player, the more he is usually liked among the fans, but I also find it a little unfair; If, say, Jose Enrique or Joe Allen were doing this stuff that Suarez has been doing, we as fans would be absolutely mad at them and want them out the sooner the better. I don't think it's completely correct that we fans let star players pour a can of feces on our club and still keep our tongues up their rectums just because they're such good players. I'd rather have a team of Carraghers and be a mid-table club than a team of Suarezes and win the title every year.
Exactly. So how can you suggest he IS cancer for diving and all that other stuff you mentioned?

Again, it was stupid for him to go to the guardian and make an interview. He lost a lot of respect, not by just fans, but from Rodgers and I'm sure some players too. But he's not done anything to ruin the club or put us in any serious trouble for the club to destabilize to consider him as cancer.

I honestly couldn't care less if it was Joe Allen, Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard, Christian Poulsen or Luis Suarez. If you put in 100% on the pitch, and actually HELP the squad progress instead of just picking up your wages and let that be the end of it, you are going to earn more respect from fans. Why do you think Suarez, before this summer, Suarez was on everyone's lips regarding Liverpool? It wasn't just solely because of the 30+ goals. It was the hunger, the winning mentality, the fact that he fought even when other players dropped their heads and called it a day. He never stopped performing and ALWAYS put in 100%, something he'll continue to do if he's at the club by September 2 or 3, they changed the dates. It used to be September 1.

I'd rather Luis Suarez at the club than Stewart Downing. Why? One actually wants to win, and wants to fight for the ultimate prize. The other? Only starts to perform because he's threatened to be sacked from the club. And even then, doesn't put any sort of performances to warrant why he's in the starting XI. You don't win anything with good guys. United and Chelsea are examples of this.

I mean, was Cantona "cancer" at Man Utd? You can ask any Manchester United fan out there, he definitely wasn't. A little crazy, yes. In 40 years time, are people going to remember all of Cantona antics, or are they going to remember the fact that he helped his club win honours?

Also, you suggest Suarez has said something bad against Liverpool Football Club. He definitely has NOT once said anything about the club. The worst his said is the fact that board higher up lied to him after they promised he'd be sold. Torres, Mascherano and Rafael Benitez have said the same thing. So something's definitely been said behind the doors that we fans don't know anything about.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:15 pm

Right, well I think he's become a cancer for LFC, you don't think that; I'd rather sell him for the right price, you wouldn't; we disagree and let's leave it at that, I feel I can only repeat myself here.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:20 am

Has he been stupid? Yes. Has he been cancer for the football club? I honestly don't see it.

He's done nothing to disrupt the harmony of the players around him.
He's not done anything to affect Liverpool Football Club image or future. (Unless he gets sold to Arsenal, which you're open to, and before you mention the whole racism saga, I've already explained that on the last page. Also, that "bite" is on him, not the club.)
He's not exactly put in a transfer request in.
He hasn't told Rodgers he won't play / won't have a role to play this season if he was to be sold but you ignore all of this because you assume he won't play at 100%.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:30 am

If he hasn't done any of that then why is Rodgers demanding Suarez to apologize to the players and the club?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/10/luis-suarez-brendan-rodgers-liverpool
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:45 am

PR reasons, really to show that no one is bigger than club. No one is bigger than the club.

But Luis has never said he was.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:28 am

something-red wrote:No club outside of England offered.

It's too late to get a replacement.

He'll help us fight for the CL. He'll be sold next summer; something I've been saying since that first interview. (His latest interview with the Guardian did piss me off, though. :X)
Suárez does not fit Rodgers set up or play, seel to England club, as soon kick off ask for move agian,let just wash are hands of him & move on
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:28 am

vegfootball wrote:
something-red wrote:No club outside of England offered.

It's too late to get a replacement.

He'll help us fight for the CL. He'll be sold next summer; something I've been saying since that first interview. (His latest interview with the Guardian did piss me off, though. :X)
Suárez does not fit Rodgers set up or play, seel to England club, he soon kick off ask for move agian,let just wash are hands of him & move on
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:40 am

something-red wrote:Has he been stupid? Yes. Has he been cancer for the football club? I honestly don't see it.

He's done nothing to disrupt the harmony of the players around him.
He's not done anything to affect Liverpool Football Club image or future. (Unless he gets sold to Arsenal, which you're open to, and before you mention the whole racism saga, I've already explained that on the last page. Also, that "bite" is on him, not the club.)
He's not exactly put in a transfer request in.
He hasn't told Rodgers he won't play / won't have a role to play this season if he was to be sold but you ignore all of this because you assume he won't play at 100%.
ok Dalglish & squad backs Suarez over  racism, he let down  Dalglish & squad that was the time to get rid him,

he just over hype mercenary, he let down any club so can get what he whats

it 1st i real don't like a LFC player
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:28 am

vegfootball wrote:Suárez does not fit Rodgers set up or play, seel to England club, he soon kick off ask for move agian,let just wash are hands of him & move on
What.

vegfootball wrote:
ok Dalglish & squad backs Suarez over  racism, he let down  Dalglish & squad that was the time to get rid him,

he just over hype mercenary, he let down any club so can get what he whats

it 1st i real don't like a LFC player
He's not racist. Both the FA and Evra have stated it so. Just because he's rumoured to be leaving does not mean the truth goes out the window.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:32 am

Rodgers set up- this 4-3-3 he like to play with

1-defensive midfielder
2 -box-to-box midfielder's
2- wide playmaker's
1- lone striker to hold up play, bring every one in

now Rodgers gone back to his back plan 4-2-3-1 as Gerrard not got the legs to play 4-3-3

2-defensive midfielder's
1-box-to-box midfielder
2- wide playmaker's
1- lone strike

vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:04 pm

Suarez fits Rodgers' style perfectly. I don't know why anyone would argue otherwise. Do you guys remember when we played him on the left against Arsenal, he worked his ass off defensively. His work ethic was amazing that game.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:34 pm

McAgger wrote:Suarez fits Rodgers' style perfectly. I don't know why anyone would argue otherwise. Do you guys remember when we played him on the left against Arsenal, he worked his ass off defensively. His work ethic was amazing that game.
but no we saw very little side of his Attacking play,
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:56 pm

Of course Suarez fits Rodgers' style, he fits any style, he's so good. Maybe not strictly counter-attack style because he's not that quick, but anyway.

But Suarez is better centrally than on the wing. Imo he should be played centrally. Accommodating Suarez to his secondary position at Liverpool would be like accommodating Messi in his secondary position at Barcelona. Your best player should play the position he is best at and accommodate others around him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:04 pm

Art Morte wrote:Of course Suarez fits Rodgers' style, he fits any style, he's so good. Maybe not strictly counter-attack style because he's not that quick, but anyway.

But Suarez is better centrally than on the wing. Imo he should be played centrally. Accommodating Suarez to his secondary position at Liverpool would be like accommodating Messi in his secondary position at Barcelona. Your best player should play the position he is best at and accommodate others around him.
thank you that what i was try say, thank you,

Accommodating Suarez in Rodgers set up would mean

Gerrard & Lucas deep

Suarez in the hole

Sturridge as lone forward

but that not real how Rodgers set up
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:34 pm

No accommodating Suarez would mean we play him up top by himself as false 9 and Sturridge as a RW. I don't care where Suarez starts on paper, we all know all three of Coutinho, Suarez, and Sturridge interchange during the match all over the final third so it doesn't matter really.

Sturridge, Suarez, and Coutinho can all play 4 positions in attack. Now we need goals from AM and from his recent comments it seems Rodgers wants to move Coutinho centrally and add goals from the LW.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:14 pm

McAgger wrote:No accommodating Suarez would mean we play him up top by himself as false 9 and Sturridge as a RW. I don't care where Suarez starts on paper, we all know all three of Coutinho, Suarez, and Sturridge interchange during the match all over the final third so it doesn't matter really.

Sturridge, Suarez, and Coutinho can all play 4 positions in attack. Now we need goals from AM and from his recent comments it seems Rodgers wants to move Coutinho centrally and add goals from the LW.
i agree with the points you said, but

1) don't you think Rodgers what a false 9 then would seen one in bought the summer not a fox in the box Forward (Borini) or in Jan not centre striker ( Sturridge)

2) Rodgers time here he has played centre attacking midfielder- Sahin,Shelvey,Gerrard,Henderson,Coutinho,Allen, so if Rodgers what a withdrawn striker or support striker would seen one in bought by now,

3) pre-season we have not a false 9 or withdrawn striker or support striker

4) Rodgers like Sturridge as the centre striker , so only place for Suarez is wide left is that get best out of Suarez?
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:35 am

listen to Aston Villa goes with what i have been saying for time Suárez was bought ,

you have to build the team around Suárez as we win around 30% with him, with out him we win 60% as team
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:42 am

Close this thread, most of it is frustrations speaking. I still love Suarez as much as the next guy and I'm very glad that we have him for another year. Will definitely help us immensely in our challenge for the top 4.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:22 am

McAgger wrote:Close this thread, most of it is frustrations speaking. I still love Suarez as much as the next guy and I'm very glad that we have him for another year. Will definitely help us immensely in our challenge for the top 4.
Well if I'm the next guy, I'm not very keen on him. Yes, I am looking forward to having him in the team again, because he makes us better, but he has become the player I least like at the club.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:53 am

He just has to score a few goals to win you over. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:03 am

why do i what to sell Suárez

his best 2 Playing position's are Deep-lying forward & False 9, now we only play with one striker

1) now do i what the striker do step over & other skills, do his own thing, handy seen near the box as does all his work from deep, some times link up with other players, when get a chance will score 6.5 out of the chance

can you realy play in a physical League with loan striker who does all the work from deep ?

2) a player who give hard work, close down the back 4, play's close to the box, link up play & bring other player into the, get a chance will score 6.5 out of the chance
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:31 am

Couldn't find another Suarez thread... I'll leave this here.

Red Alert wrote:Luis Suarez' stats in the Premier League.

81 games
155 shots on target
44 goals scored
12 assists
17 yellow cards

Let's not forget he was playing with scrubs like Downing, Carroll, Charlie Adam etc. And he played almost 6 months last season playing next to 17 year old Raheem Sterling and 18 year old Suso. Amazing.
Stats don't tell the real story, but f*cking hell he's good. Cherish him until the summer. :X
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next