Do Chelsea have the best collection of Young Talent?

+21
BAYERN_MUNICH
Valkyrja
Adit
M99
Collblanc
rwo power
juventus101
VanDeezNuts
Blue Barrett
Raptorgunner
Abramovich
RealGunner
DuringTheWar
Doc
S
Firenze
Tomwin Lannister
McAgger
ExtremistEnigma
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Gil
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Do Chelsea have the best collection of Young Talent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do Chelsea have the best collection of Young Talent?

Post by lszanto Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:59 am

something-red wrote:Luiz making a clearance off the line does not make him a good defender ffs. He has his moments, but he's not that good. He's nothing special as a defender; but he's very good bringing the ball out of defence. And that's exactly what he's known for. Ask anyone, and they'll tell you they rate him for his attacking play of his game rather than his defensive side. He's a lot like Vermaelen in that respect.
And he is not one of the best CBs in the league. Kos, Kompany, Vertonghen, the mancs have 2-3 players better than him, Coloccini etc are all better. You cannot make 5 or more mistakes a season and declare yourself one of the best CBs in the league.

I'm not saying Ivanovic is not a threat at set pieces, I still have nightmares of his brace at Anfield in 08/09 from 2 headers. But Ivanovic is poor on the ball and attacking in actual link up play.

Cole is not shit, but he is very far from his best. He needs replacement soon. Bertrand is not that player.

Cahill is not that good. Not too sure what you see in him. I rated him at Bolton, and feel he can do a role for you guys, but there is no way he'd be a starter in a title challenging squad. No chance.  

Have you heard of Hummels? Makes 5 glaring errors a match yet is still "wc". All the guys you mentioned are just as inconsistent but are simply not put in the spotlight, Kos pretty much gave us a 2-0 win against Arsenal in one of the matches last season, just gets overlooked though.

You say it's just a clearance but half of his confed matches he played just as well if not better than Silva who most rate as the best CB in the world. inb4 Silva makes Luiz look good.

lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Do Chelsea have the best collection of Young Talent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do Chelsea have the best collection of Young Talent?

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:44 am

^Don't bother, Iszanto Laughing I stopped when I read "Coloccini". Yup, that did it for me. something-red doesn't have his own opinion. He's just talking based on what he reads in tabloids and what he hears in commentary. Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:42 am

no
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:28 am

It doesn't matter how much Luiz improves, people will still call him shit :facepalm:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:57 pm

something-red wrote:Luiz making a clearance off the line does not make him a good defender ffs. He has his moments, but he's not that good. He's nothing special as a defender; but he's very good bringing the ball out of defence. And that's exactly what he's known for. Ask anyone, and they'll tell you they rate him for his attacking play of his game rather than his defensive side. He's a lot like Vermaelen in that respect.
And he is not one of the best CBs in the league. Kos, Kompany, Vertonghen, the mancs have 2-3 players better than him, Coloccini etc are all better. You cannot make 5 or more mistakes a season and declare yourself one of the best CBs in the league.

I'm not saying Ivanovic is not a threat at set pieces, I still have nightmares of his brace at Anfield in 08/09 from 2 headers. But Ivanovic is poor on the ball and attacking in actual link up play.

Cole is not shit, but he is very far from his best. He needs replacement soon. Bertrand is not that player.

Cahill is not that good. Not too sure what you see in him. I rated him at Bolton, and feel he can do a role for you guys, but there is no way he'd be a starter in a title challenging squad. No chance.  

Can you please point out the 5 or more errors Luiz has done this season?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:14 am

Blue Barrett wrote:^Don't bother, Iszanto :lol:I stopped when I read "Coloccini". Yup, that did it for me. something-red doesn't have his own opinion. He's just talking based on what he reads in tabloids and what he hears in commentary. Laughing

I don't read tabloids... in fact I hate them. Only listen to commentary? Yeah, that's another good one too.

I mean *bleep*, I'm sorry that I rate better DEFENDERS playing at the back rather than FOOTBALLERS. I could of easily said Agger is better than Luiz, and be biased, but I didn't. Defenders will always be better footballers for me. I hate Newcastle (you can ask Mole lol) but Coloccini is definitely better than Luiz at the back.

Also, there's a reason Rafa put him as a DM. No it wasn't because you had nobody else or were for "experimental" reasons but he didn't trust him as the last man as he got caught out too many times when he tried to play it out.

Again. Luiz is a good footballer. Solid defender. But he's far from the best.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3