Do Chelsea have the best collection of Young Talent?

+21
BAYERN_MUNICH
Valkyrja
Adit
M99
Collblanc
rwo power
juventus101
VanDeezNuts
Blue Barrett
Raptorgunner
Abramovich
RealGunner
DuringTheWar
Doc
S
Firenze
Tomwin Lannister
McAgger
ExtremistEnigma
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Gil
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do Chelsea have the best collection of Young Talent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do Chelsea have the best collection of Young Talent?

Post by Doc Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:39 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Probably chilling with bernard

Andre should probably give them a check

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Do Chelsea have the best collection of Young Talent? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do Chelsea have the best collection of Young Talent?

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:53 pm

Andre is looking after his grandfather Edson, who has gone senile and started to call himself "pele" No
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:56 pm

Haters, goblins and trolls coming out of their little huts and caves. Proud

80% of those lads have a future here especially with Lampard, Terry and Cole near retirement.

The other 20% like McEachran, Piazon and Wallace have a decent chance if they impress on loan/pre-season. It's not as if they lack the talent.

Last edited by Gil on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:57 pm

Depends what you consider young.

Hazard, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Courtois, Oscar, Moses, and Schurrle are great (the others really aren't worth mentioning). But are they really better than Gotze, Kroos, Alaba, Shaqiri, Badstuber, and Thiago? Okay so there's more quantity in Chelseas list, but there's undoubtedly more quality in Bayerns.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:59 pm

The first five names I can genuinely see actually having a Chelsea career. The rest, well, good luck to them in their future endeavours...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:02 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
Abramovich wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Most of them apart from Moses are pretty talented. But they might as well start looking for a new club. They won't want to be ruined like McEachran.

That lying irish scumbag rodgers ruined Josh.
Pretty much. Breaks my heart for Josh.

Laughing

Have you ever considered he just wasn't good enough to displace anybody on that Swansea team.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:26 pm

Gil wrote:Keep in mind I never said Bayerns overall squad so the likes of Schweinsteiger, Muller, Lahm, Ribery, Robben, Neuer Martinez etc arent included.
But Thomas Müller is still only 23 - doesn't that qualify as "young" anymore?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:28 pm

rwo power wrote:
Gil wrote:Keep in mind I never said Bayerns overall squad so the likes of Schweinsteiger, Muller, Lahm, Ribery, Robben, Neuer Martinez etc arent included.
But Thomas Müller is still only 23 - doesn't that qualify as "young" anymore?

On his last legs, should probably retire. :coffee:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:41 pm

McAgger wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
Abramovich wrote:

That lying irish scumbag rodgers ruined Josh.

Laughing

Have you ever considered he just wasn't good enough to displace anybody on that Swansea team.

Sure, he was never going to be a starter ahead of Siggy yet the dirty lying irish scumbag tricked him into coming.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:47 pm

Abramovich wrote:
McAgger wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

Laughing

Sure, he was never going to be a starter ahead of Siggy yet the dirty lying irish scumbag tricked him into coming.

Laughing

It still sounds like you are throwing blame at everyone and refusing to accept that Josh just wasn't as good as first thought.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:50 pm

McAgger wrote:
Abramovich wrote:
McAgger wrote:

Laughing

Laughing

It still sounds like you are throwing blame at everyone and refusing to accept that Josh just wasn't as good as first thought.

How's everyone? I understand he's your massively overrated scumbag liar of a manager but no need to defend him. If Josh had a run in like Jack did with Bolton, I'm sure things would have worked out differently.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Neymar, Tello, Sergi Roberto, Cuenca, Montoya, Bartra, Jonathon, Rafinha, Deulofeu, Grimaldo, Gustavo, Sánchez. :bow: 
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:47 pm

Milan is being overlooked. Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Niang, De Sciglio, Saponara, Poli, Vergara, Cristante etc. Could add some of our Primavera talents since Gil and Collblanc is doing the same.

Also you could make an English sounding Brazil XI

Jefferson
Wallace-Alex-Jean-Alex Sandro
Lucas Moura-Lucas Leiva-Lucas Piazon-Bernard
Fred-Jo

Better than Brazil XI imo hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:44 pm

Buy the best players of top academies only to ruin most of them. They were so much better growing in their respective teams rather than pointless loans to random teams and crappy reserve league.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:19 pm

While that may or may not be the case, these players agreed to join Chelsea. They could have stayed at their respective clubs as at the end of the day, they sign the contract.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:55 pm

Doc wrote:While that may or may not be the case, these players agreed to join Chelsea. They could have stayed at their respective clubs as at the end of the day, they sign the contract.
True but CHelsea offer those ridiculous wage offers to 16 and 17 year olds will never refuse...dem Russian oil monies..most of those wages will not be adding to FFP since it goes as ''youth development costs'' category.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:12 pm

Varane, Jese, Benavente, Jose Rodriguez, Carvajal, Sarabia, Isco
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:56 pm

Do Chelsea have the best collection of Young Talent? - Page 2 1731852085-praes_sam_17_20130723-192357-t09

/thread
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:55 pm

How exactly are they "ruining" them?

Oscar, KDB, Lukaku, Hazard, van Ginkel, Courtios and co will have a massive part to play for Chelsea. (In the case of Cech retiring for Courtios)...

Mata is also still fairly young. Shirley is very good. The only thing they lack is a striker depending on how Lukaku does at a "bigger" club. And their defence (including full backs) sucks. Fix their defence, and they'll be the next dominant team in England replacing Fergie's United.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:35 am

Adit wrote:
Doc wrote:While that may or may not be the case, these players agreed to join Chelsea. They could have stayed at their respective clubs as at the end of the day, they sign the contract.
True but CHelsea offer those ridiculous wage offers to 16 and 17 year olds will never refuse...dem Russian oil monies..most of those wages will not be adding to FFP since it goes as ''youth development costs'' category.

Can you link us to some of these wages? I'd be interested to see some of the ridiculous wages that they offer.

No defense something red? Ivanovic, Azpi, Luiz not on our roster anymore? Cole might be older but he's still better than alot of FBs around.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:48 am

Azpi is great. He slipped my mind, apologies.
Ivanovic is what? 32? He doesn't offer much going forward, but I guess he's reliable in terms of defending.
Terry is past it. Ashley Cole is like 33/34. I don't rate Bertrand highly. Cahill is okay, but he should be a third defender or a back up; not a starting XI type.
Luiz is not a great defender. He's a better footballer than defender. His role is to play the ball out of defence but he doesn't fit your team. You don't have any DM and/or solid defender to cover him so he's always caught out of position. He's also easy to get passed by attackers in the PL.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:51 am

something-red wrote:Azpi is great. He slipped my mind, apologies.
Ivanovic is what? 32? He doesn't offer much going forward, but I guess he's reliable in terms of defending.
Terry is past it. Ashley Cole is like 33/34. I don't rate Bertrand highly. Cahill is okay, but he should be a third defender or a back up; not a starting XI type.
Luiz is not a great defender. He's a better footballer than defender. His role is to play the ball out of defence but he doesn't fit your team. You don't have any DM and/or solid defender to cover him so he's always caught out of position. He's also easy to get passed by attackers in the PL.

Ivan is only 29. I agree about him going forward though, I prefer him at CB but Mou seems insistent that he'll be a RB this year Sad

Bertrand will never be more than a squad player for us but his homegrown/english/"sort of came through the club" holds value and the fact that he doesn't complain about minimal playing time.

Well we can disagree on Luiz, I(obviously biasly) rate him very highly, as he continues to mature I have no doubt he'll be one of the best CB's in the game, add to that his technical ability and I love him even more. Mou will tame him and he'll kill it this year imo, he was amazing almost every game of the confed cup but people just ignore his good performances and focus on the ones where he makes errors.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:06 am

Luiz is very similiar to Vermaelen. Vermaelen lost Song at the start of last season, and he got found out. No one covered him when he went forward.

They're solid at defending, but they're not the best. They're prone to make stupid mistakes too.

Your defence is the weakest.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:58 am

something-red wrote:Azpi is great. He slipped my mind, apologies.
Ivanovic is 29. And he scored 8 goals last season, more than MOST defenders in the world. He's one of the best defenders in the world when it comes to set pieces(both defending and attacking). You haven't even addressed his weakness.

Terry is past it. Ashley Cole is like 33/34.
Agreed about Terry but he didn't feature much last season because of injuries. He's still capable of putting in vintage performances. Ashley Cole's age does not mean he's suddenly shoite. He's still a world class performer despite not being the Cole of 2-4 years ago. I don't know why a lot of you suddenly assume a player is spent once they're above 30. And Cole is 32. Not 33/34.

I don't rate Bertrand highly. Cahill is okay, but he should be a third defender or a back up; not a starting XI type.
You not rating Bertrand doesn't mean he isn't a solid LB. Very capable of becoming a WC LB. You've just succeeded in trashing Cahill WAY BEYOND his short comings just to fit your argument Laughing

He can be erratic sometimes but he's still one of the best CBs in the league. I'll quote you again mid-season after he's dominated the league.

The defense isn't nearly as bad as you're making it seem.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:48 am

Luiz making a clearance off the line does not make him a good defender ffs. He has his moments, but he's not that good. He's nothing special as a defender; but he's very good bringing the ball out of defence. And that's exactly what he's known for. Ask anyone, and they'll tell you they rate him for his attacking play of his game rather than his defensive side. He's a lot like Vermaelen in that respect.
And he is not one of the best CBs in the league. Kos, Kompany, Vertonghen, the mancs have 2-3 players better than him, Coloccini etc are all better. You cannot make 5 or more mistakes a season and declare yourself one of the best CBs in the league.

I'm not saying Ivanovic is not a threat at set pieces, I still have nightmares of his brace at Anfield in 08/09 from 2 headers. But Ivanovic is poor on the ball and attacking in actual link up play.

Cole is not shit, but he is very far from his best. He needs replacement soon. Bertrand is not that player.

Cahill is not that good. Not too sure what you see in him. I rated him at Bolton, and feel he can do a role for you guys, but there is no way he'd be a starter in a title challenging squad. No chance.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:59 am

something-red wrote:Luiz making a clearance off the line does not make him a good defender ffs. He has his moments, but he's not that good. He's nothing special as a defender; but he's very good bringing the ball out of defence. And that's exactly what he's known for. Ask anyone, and they'll tell you they rate him for his attacking play of his game rather than his defensive side. He's a lot like Vermaelen in that respect.
And he is not one of the best CBs in the league. Kos, Kompany, Vertonghen, the mancs have 2-3 players better than him, Coloccini etc are all better. You cannot make 5 or more mistakes a season and declare yourself one of the best CBs in the league.

I'm not saying Ivanovic is not a threat at set pieces, I still have nightmares of his brace at Anfield in 08/09 from 2 headers. But Ivanovic is poor on the ball and attacking in actual link up play.

Cole is not shit, but he is very far from his best. He needs replacement soon. Bertrand is not that player.

Cahill is not that good. Not too sure what you see in him. I rated him at Bolton, and feel he can do a role for you guys, but there is no way he'd be a starter in a title challenging squad. No chance.  

Have you heard of Hummels? Makes 5 glaring errors a match yet is still "wc". All the guys you mentioned are just as inconsistent but are simply not put in the spotlight, Kos pretty much gave us a 2-0 win against Arsenal in one of the matches last season, just gets overlooked though.

You say it's just a clearance but half of his confed matches he played just as well if not better than Silva who most rate as the best CB in the world. inb4 Silva makes Luiz look good.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next