Are you happy with your club's transfer activities so far?

+70
aleumdance
MaraVilla
billy_gr
Crimson
Grooverider
Donuts
Kick
LeSwagg James
Highburied
EarlyPrototype
chad4401
Arsenalfaithfull
Jack Daniels
The Franchise
S
jibers
Valkyrja
TenMenWonTheLeague
donttreadonred
AnJl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BAYERN_MUNICH
Red Alert
Abramovich
flameas
marottalad
Blue Barrett
The Sanchez
BarrileteCosmico
DeviAngel
McLewis
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
halamadrid2
iftikhar
che
eelir
Lupi
Forza
Swanhends
Motogp69
Onyx
stevieg8
RebaƱo Sagrado
rwo power
Nishankly
Harmonica
RED
REWB
Tomwin Lannister
Ion Creanga
Kaladin
M99
McAgger
Doc
Zlatan
Vlad the Impaler
Jay29
Art Morte
TonyDaBeast
ExtremistEnigma
sportsczy
urbaNRoots
DuringTheWar
Luca
Lex
CBarca
zizzle
VendettaRed07
B-Mac
RealGunner
74 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Are you happy with your club's transfer activities so far? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are you happy with your club's transfer activities so far?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:06 pm

Laughing we are a joke tbh and no signings can save us.

I expect a lot of last season and some shit team saving us.

I didn't watch it but apparently we were hoofing to Gouffran as lone CF yesterday rofl

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with your club's transfer activities so far? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are you happy with your club's transfer activities so far?

Post by AnJl Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:27 pm

ynwa wrote:I'll give it around a 6 as of now.

To get a 10, we must:
-Sign a CAM [Eriksen type]
-Keep Suarez
-Sign a defender

*All must improve starting XI

Don't you guys have Coutinho?
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:53 pm

McAgger wrote:

To get a 10, we must:
-Keep Suarez
-Sign a defender

Sounds about right, but for a 10 I'd add a couple of more things
Also
- Get rid of Downing
- Get rid of deadwood (Assaidi, Spearing, Pacheco, loan Coates)

I'd agree with most of that. ~6/10... for what we've done so far.
- Impressed by Iago Aspas (barring that awful, awful bobble-shot that he skied yesterday). His workrate is great, and I think he's about as close to a like for like swap with Suarez (playing style, not quality) as you're going to find.
- Luis Alberto looks like a great squad player in multiple positions for us. I don't think he's likely to start too many PL matches (at least not early in the season), but he's a great option to have. He looks capable of playing anywhere from CM, to CAM, to LW, to false9. He's effectively a replacement for Shelvey and more. The problem: I have no idea where his best position is. hmm
- Kolo Toure is a man-mountain. The man is simply large and knows how to get in the way. He may not be the physical specimen that he used to be, but his tactical awareness is very much still there and he's quite the vociferous presence at the back. In short, he's exactly what we needed to fill the void left by Jamie Carragher.
- Simon Mignolet has shown himself to be the shot-stopper we all remembered Pepe Reina to be. In recent seasons, Reina's shot-stopping slipped to average and even below average at times. As the primary function of a keeper, that's simply unacceptable considering the goals of the club. It seems that Mignolet is a step up in that regard. However, the other qualities Reina brought to the dressing room (leadership, vocal organization, personality, etc.) and his exceptional distribution will be missed. Mignolet may be able to improve as a sweeper keeper, but he simply had not yet been asked to perform those rolest.

To get an 8-9 from me, Liverpool need to:
- Keep Suarez
- Sign a physical, aggressive, and young prospective starting CB
- Sign a CAM/RW that can attack a backline and score goals.

To get a 10, we need to do all of the above, plus:
- Sign a physical DM for cover/tactical options
- Sign a LB to provide competition for Enrique

Therefore 2 signings (and a Uruguayan staying) would make this summer an unqualified success. 4 signings and Suarez staying would be wonderful!

I think the two priority signings could happen, but it's looking unlike for the LB and DM.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:56 pm

AnJl wrote:

To get a 10, we must:
-Keep Suarez
-Sign a defender

Don't you guys have Coutinho?
Depends on how we want to play.

Coutinho is a little lightweight to play CAM against all PL teams. He's also very attack oriented. By all accounts, we were pursuing Mkhitaryan as a CAM to push Coutinho to LW. This implies that we want a strong, goal-scoring CAM that will also track back and play as a CM if necessary.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:50 pm

sportsczy wrote:He's still learning the names of your players mole... hard to to buy or sell people if you can't say their names... in fact, this might save you Laughing
Unpronounceable player names never stopped Kloppo Laughing
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:55 pm

If i'm honest Klopp speaks better English than most of our management.

And he's definitely more intelligent Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:23 pm

5/10 for me so far.

We have lost our best player in Wanyama and look set to lose our best striker in Hooper. However we have addressed two problem areas by signing Van Dijk and Balde. We still need a creative midfielder and a winger. And if/when Hooper goes we need a replacement. I pray for Hosiner. Hopefully when we have signed the required players we can then extend Samaras and Ledley's contracts. However if we don't address the problem areas and lose Hooper it would be a disaster. Would be no chance of getting out the groups of the Champions League and qualifying would be a huge struggle.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:26 pm

8/10. If we got Gundogan and Bale it would be 9.5. Selling Kaka would make it 10.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:39 pm

5/10 probably. No ball winners. So average and as per usual.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:11 pm

Was waiting for the market to close before giving my opinion on Juve's transfer activity this summer and it has to be said that Marotta has done a great job overall in terms of both buying and selling players which is why it makes it an excellent Mercato overall for me.

-Improved the weakest area drastically basically by spending peanuts.
-Improved depth again with a reinforcement of a quality CB in Ogbonna.
-Made some very shrewd youth deals.Signing Zaza and Berardi on co-ownership is very good business.
-In the selling department ,got rid of most of our deadwood(bar Motta who still is at the club) and to top it off sold Matri for a very good price.That was the highlight as far as sales are concerned.
-Our net spend this year has been 13m if you take the youth deals into account and the obligations of last summer(Peluso and Asamoah).So we have improved the squad quite well by not spending much.

Icing on the cake would've been a quality LWB reinforcement but there are not many quality LWB's available for transfer so all in all an excellent Mercato.9/10 for me.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:18 pm

0.5/10
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:50 pm

0/10

absolute joke the way business has been conducted this summer, and not just because the lack of it....they way we have gone about it
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:55 pm

4/10 and im being generous.

Addressed one flaw, but left 3-4 others totally unattended.

Neymar is fantastic, not just an entertaining player but someone who has real quality.

But no centerback is incomprehensible, selling Thiago in those circumstances equally so aswell as Abidal. And then the smaller details like letting go of Villa to team who can damage us for almost nothing and not adding any physicality to the midfield or fullback position is a mistake. We could of also signed a 9, but its not a disaster failing to do so considering we have too many forwards if anything.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:19 pm

9/10 for OM.

Imbula, Benjamin Mendy, Lemina, Payet, Thauvin and Corchia could still be announced. All of this for around 40 mil in aggregate.

Managed to keep Nkoulou and Mandanda too despite a lot of big offers for the two.

Very well set up for now and the future.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:20 pm

,,!,,perez/10
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:22 pm

Now that the window is officially closed I would rate Spurs window a 9/10.

Levy did a masterful job of taking the loss of our best player and using that money to put together a squad that can get Spurs not only into the Champions League but also compete for the league title.

So we brought in: Paulinho, Chadli, Chiriches, Capoue, Eriksen, Soldado, and Lamela.

The only thing missing from this window was a world class LB, but it looks like we are going to ride with Rose until the winter transfer window at least. Not the worst thing in the world, but hopefully he learned something from the North London Derby.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:26 pm

Not fully.

We sold probably the best AM in the World, Ozil. A player, the team should have been built around.

We bought Bale who we didn't need.

Happy with signing Isco, Illarramendi and Carvajal though.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:42 pm

8/10

Needed a quality attacker but only got Moses. Otherwise we've strengthened immensely on defense, GK, and added some much needed depth. I'm confident going into this season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:50 pm

Not really happy with us selling Sess to west brom, wouldn't really have been bothered if he had went abroad but I don't agree with sell him to West Brom.

We have needed a left back for ages but this Dossena guy is meant to be rubbish.

And I cant see the point in Bore'ini.

Ki could be promising though, just gotta hope Fletch and Altidore start scoring.

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:17 am

-We Signed 2 highly rated youngster in Botta and Laxalt and loaned them out to get some Serie A experience. Good Move
-We Signed Taider, Belfodil, and Icardi, three youngster with tons of potential who can still contribute to the first team. Great deals.
-We Signed Campangaro who despite his age looks like a top quality defender. We also grabbed him for free. Excellent deal.
-We signed Anderiolli and Rolando as depth signings for the defence. Not bad seeing how they didnt cost any significant amount.
-Finally our laboratory was able to weed out the problems with the previous Maicon cloning experiment and gave us Jonathan 2.0, a player who has 2 assists in two games.

Overall the team looks better, and with money being so scarce i couldnt ask for a better summer. Still this team could use more quality to realistically compete for a CL spot, but with some lack we can make it.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:17 am

MOTHINGPLUCKING YES!
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:24 am

meh 5/10
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:32 am

Sold the likes of Albiol, Callejon and Kaka. Brought in Isco, Bale, Carvajal and Illramendi.

A net spend of around 60 million Euros. Possibly even 50 if we get a return of Kaka.

I would give it a 7.5. 8 had we kept Ozil and sold Di Maria.

EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:08 am

McAgger wrote:8/10

Needed a quality attacker but only got Moses. Otherwise we've strengthened immensely on defense, GK, and added some much needed depth. I'm confident going into this season.
Are you happy with your club's transfer activities so far? - Page 4 BTMI9uwCEAEyxkY
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:37 am

Zubi out pls
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:55 am

8/10

Got rid of deadwood so quickly.

Signed one of the best players in the world.

And some free transfers.

Not signing a striker will expose our depth and cost us the title.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next