Are you happy with your club's transfer activities so far?

+70
aleumdance
MaraVilla
billy_gr
Crimson
Grooverider
Donuts
Kick
LeSwagg James
Highburied
EarlyPrototype
chad4401
Arsenalfaithfull
Jack Daniels
The Franchise
S
jibers
Valkyrja
TenMenWonTheLeague
donttreadonred
AnJl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BAYERN_MUNICH
Red Alert
Abramovich
flameas
marottalad
Blue Barrett
The Sanchez
BarrileteCosmico
DeviAngel
McLewis
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
halamadrid2
iftikhar
che
eelir
Lupi
Forza
Swanhends
Motogp69
Onyx
stevieg8
Rebaño Sagrado
rwo power
Nishankly
Harmonica
RED
REWB
Tomwin Lannister
Ion Creanga
Kaladin
M99
McAgger
Doc
Zlatan
Vlad the Impaler
Jay29
Art Morte
TonyDaBeast
ExtremistEnigma
sportsczy
urbaNRoots
DuringTheWar
Luca
Lex
CBarca
zizzle
VendettaRed07
B-Mac
RealGunner
74 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Are you happy with your club's transfer activities so far? Empty Are you happy with your club's transfer activities so far?

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:44 pm

Thought i should make a thread to take a general opinion from everyone on their club's transfer activity so far. Basically the question is whether you are happy and satisfied with what your club have been doing and you are confident about the next season. Or if you are unhappy and think it will be another poor season with no transfers coming in at all to strengthen your squad.

For Arsenal

It's been the same old, watching other clubs buy players and strengthen their squads. Specially our rivals for the top 4 in Tottenham, Chelsea and Liverpool. Even Everton have done quite a lot. Manchester City have bought 4 players and they seem to be set for another title challenge.

The only difference this year is that we are supposedly after players of high calibre. However if it's possible to acquire them or not is another question.

2/10 so far lol.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with your club's transfer activities so far? Empty Re: Are you happy with your club's transfer activities so far?

Post by B-Mac Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:49 pm

transfers? what are those Sad
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with your club's transfer activities so far? Empty Re: Are you happy with your club's transfer activities so far?

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:53 pm

nope. Has been awful so far. How have we not even at least landed J. Cesar by now?..
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:53 pm

We have signed 5 players so far, yes 5 ! and non of them address our biggest issue which is the lack of decent midfielders. 4/10
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:56 pm

I'm pretty happy with the acquisition of Neymar which is needed.

However, we are still in dire need of a CB and our targets so far have eluded us. I wouldn't be surprised at this point if we go into the next season without a CB. Awful.

We let go possibly the best talent of this generation for what will be considered in the future as "peanuts", not to mention a player that helped bring vital depth and can run the midfield unlike the lost lamb Fabregas. Now I don't know what the hell we're going to do in the CM area. Fab playing CM is like shooting yourself in the kneecap.

Villa went for absolute peanuts. Barcelona got ripped off hardcore and would be lucky (if Villa is sold later) to garner even 7 million pounds from the deal. As of right now we're getting 5 in installments. He could have been sold for 10 to Tottenham.

Deulo, Rafinha loans are alright as long as they get playing time. JDS will probably go on loan as well (although since Thiago is gone we could use him in the midfield ROFL JUST KIDDING WHY GIVE OUR YOUTH MINUTES)

In the meantime we have players like Masch who is not good enough and past it hanging around, and he'll probably get significant minutes. I'm sure a LB won't be brought in meaning we will be shockingly exposed on the left side unless Neymar is a superpowered, super stamina workhorse player (which he's not).

Doubtful a CM will be brought in to replace Thiago meaning Sergi Roberto might be given a chance (not even a quarter of the player Thiago is).

Some of this can change yet but as of right now I'm giving ourselves a 2/10 even with the acquisition of Neymar.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:01 pm

For a minute there, forgot Cbarca supported Barca and was like "wtf, Tottenham signed Nerman? Shocked"
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:02 pm

For Juventus
9/10 for transfers in
Incomplete for transfers out

Addressed the biggest concerns (quality in attack), in a cost effective way. Also added a quality defender who will play a role.

Transfers out leave a lot to be desired with rumours of strikers leaving, none have. Giaccherini sold for a great price but he was a very useful utility player last season.

So far, Juventus has been great and active and I think there is more to come.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:03 pm

5/10
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:04 pm

Great transfer window for Arsenal so far.

Despite having signed Yaya Sanogo only, I have been convinced by our latest results (7-1 and 7-0 wins against Vietnam and Indonesia XI) that we DON'T need to sign players anymore.

We needed a striker and we have signed one future world class player in Yaya Sanogo. I've been hearing a lot of people saying that we need a DM, however I disagree with that - Diaby is coming back soon (will only miss half the season).

Actually watching our team play against Vietnam XI, I realized that we have a big squad and might not even need the players who were not involved much or at all in those majestic performances (Wilshere, Cazorla and Moneral).

If we sell those three I'd give it a 10/10.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:04 pm

Since we've signed no-one and are currently negotiating to sell Gervais, I'd say -1/10
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:06 pm

Oh yeah, forgot Sanogo. That bumps it up to 0/10

Improvement!!
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:06 pm

zizzle wrote:We have signed 5 players so far, yes 5 ! and non of them address our biggest issue which is the lack of decent midfielders. 4/10

Who are those 5 players?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:06 pm

Madrid has done well so far: Isco and Illaremndi are what the Spain's capital needs to to do in terms of spending big. Not only are you bringing in great young players... you're investing in La Liga. Carvajal was obviously going to be bought too. Just need a DM and we're done (and no, Casemiro doesn't qualify lol).

My OM is doing a fantastic job. Held on to Nkoulou and Mandanda, which was key. And then went out and bought Payet, Benjamin Mendy and Imbula. Looking to get Gomis too it seems (meh) and waiting on Thauvin. Very good mercato.

Ligue 1 is becoming attractive worldwide due to PSG and now Monaco. Who would've thought that Ibra, Cavani and Falcao would be here? A lot of stars in the league now, which will attract fans outside France.

So far so good.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:10 pm

Very happy with our business so far. 8/10

Need a good midfielder now and offload a bit of deadwood.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:10 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Great transfer window for Arsenal so far.

Despite having signed Yaya Sanogo only, I have been convinced by our latest results (7-1 and 7-0 wins against Vietnam and Indonesia XI) that we DON'T need to sign players anymore.

We needed a striker and we have signed one future world class player in Yaya Sanogo. I've been hearing a lot of people saying that we need a DM, however I disagree with that - Diaby is coming back soon (will only miss half the season).

Actually watching our team play against Vietnam XI, I realized that we have a big squad and might not even need the players who were not involved much or at all in those majestic performances (Wilshere, Cazorla and Moneral).

If we sell those three I'd give it a 10/10.

so much sarcasm in one post Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:17 pm

traaaannsssffffffffffferrsss?? whats that?? Razz

so far i have to give Milan a 3/10

ya we brought in Saponara and Vergara (although not proven yet) and we bought Poli (remains to be seen what he can do now) we r only linked to 1 player (Honda) and we r absolutely refusing to offer CSKA something now because we can have him for free in January when hell be cup-tied and would need 3-4 months to adapt to the tactical puzzle that is Serie A according to Allegri, but all is good because in the mean time were gonna have Kevin Prince of TQ according to Galliani and Allegri Boateng playing there saving our butts with his exquisite passing ROFL. we r still in dire need of a CB which we havent been linked to since the beginning of the summer. and on a personal level, i feel we still need a very good Mid to play alongside Monto and Dejong. and we havent been linked to that either. oh well, i think Galliani is gonna start moving his ass only when we find out if were gonna be in CL or not. So im not expecting n e thing from Milan until the last 3-4 days of the mercato. as usual lol
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:24 pm

8/10

That could change depending on how some of signings perform (Alberto, Toure) and situations work out (Mignolet + Reina).

Aspas looks like a no-brainer.

But I like that we've been active early on and probably still going to buy at least one player.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:31 pm

RealGunner wrote:
zizzle wrote:We have signed 5 players so far, yes 5 ! and non of them address our biggest issue which is the lack of decent midfielders. 4/10

Who are those 5 players?

Icardi (50%)
Bilfodil (50%)
Campangaro (free)
Anderiolli (free)
Diego Lexalt (free, primavera)
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:37 pm

Speaking as a follower of Sevilla, they've had a productive transfer window so far. The €40mil or so the club received from the Navas and Negredo sales has helped the club's finances a lot, which means they don't have to lose any more of their better players. One of the key aims this summer was to reduce costs and they've done this by shifting some of the poorer players and bringing in players from the Segunda Division and on loan from elsewhere. The squad has much better depth than it did last season, which is vital since they're in the Europa League, but we'll have to wait and see if it has the quality to get into the top seven.

Beto, Pareja (loan), Carrico (loan), Jairo, Vitolo, Marin (loan), Rusescu and Bacca have all come in already, and they've got some spending money left to bring in a right back (Diogo Figueiras) and a Negredo replacement (Gameiro). A lot of Sevilla fans are very pleased with what the club has done so far.

Beto/Javi Varas

Coke/Cicinho/New RB - Fazio/Botia - Pareja/Carrico - Moreno/Navarro

Kondogbia/Maduro - Medel/Guarente

Reyes/Jairo - Rakitic/Marin/Rabello - Perotti/Vitolo

New CF/Bacca/Rusescu

Looks a decent squad.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:42 pm

zizzle wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

Who are those 5 players?

Icardi (50%)
Bilfodil (50%)
Campangaro (free)
Anderiolli (free)

decent acquisitions. Specially Icardi. But Inter do need better midfielders as you said. Anyone linked?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:44 pm

I am not happy with Man United's transfer activity so far. Why? Simply because we seem to be not enough combative when it comes about fighting for a player with other teams and rivals.

We must buy a talented and technically gifted midfielder like Thiago Alcantara or Cesc Fabregas. Thiago went to Bayern and Fabregas seems to avoid Man United (which isn't a surprise). Modric had an amazing second half of the season at Real Madrid and I believe he won't come to Man United now, despite all the rumours I read in the media.

We have a lot of central-backs like Smalling, Evans, Jones, Rio, Vidic and we are very close to sign another one: Garay. I am not saying that Garay isn't a good defender, but signing a central back is not our highest priority at the moment. We must buy a midfielder with great vision and leader spirit to become our playmaker.

I thought that Kagawa will be that kind of player but he was mostly used by Sir Alex as a striker or as a winger. I always imagined that he can be a magistral central midfielder but I guess that his role at the club is other than I thought.

Today, a rumour about a possible 60mil bid for Bale appeared in the newspapers. It would be amazing and incredible to see Gareth Bale at Manchester United but still we didn't buy what we need the most.

Thiago, Fabregas, Strootman or Modric are some of the names which show perfectly what kind of player we need in the midfield. Nani and Anderson should leave this summer because we have now on the wings Zaha and Welbeck. Cleverley is young and he evolved a lot last season playing near Carrick, but still he is limited and sometimes mediocre when it comes about creativity and passing vision. We should play more directly with more through passes if we want to be efficient and see Chicharito at his best.

It will be hard to compete in EPL and UCL and aim high without a player to make the difference in the midfield. Most of the big teams in Europe have at least one player like this.

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlatan Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:45 pm

I'm fairly happy with how the summer has progressed for Milan. We've signed Poli which would address the midfield problem, and we've practically signed Honda as well. The signing of a center back and one of Ljajic/Honda in the summer itself combined with the departure of dead wood, would mean that we've had a perfect summer. But as it stands, it doesn't look like Robinho, Boateng and Nocerino are going to have any takers and we'll have to look forward to another season of mediocrity from them. Also I feel that the club could have handled Ambrosini's departure better. Overall I give our mercato 6/10 so far. Having said that, the rating could significantly change depending on how the mercato pans out.

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:45 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Speaking as a follower of Sevilla, they've had a productive transfer window so far. The €40mil or so the club received from the Navas and Negredo sales has helped the club's finances a lot, which means they don't have to lose any more of their better players. One of the key aims this summer was to reduce costs and they've done this by shifting some of the poorer players and bringing in players from the Segunda Division and on loan from elsewhere. The squad has much better depth than it did last season, which is vital since they're in the Europa League, but we'll have to wait and see if it has the quality to get into the top seven.

Beto, Pareja (loan), Carrico (loan), Jairo, Vitolo, Marin (loan), Rusescu and Bacca have all come in already, and they've got some spending money left to bring in a right back (Diogo Figueiras) and a Negredo replacement (Gameiro). A lot of Sevilla fans are very pleased with what the club has done so far.

Beto/Javi Varas

Coke/Cicinho/New RB - Fazio/Botia - Pareja/Carrico - Moreno/Navarro

Kondogbia/Maduro - Medel/Guarente

Reyes/Jairo - Rakitic/Marin/Rabello - Perotti/Vitolo

New CF/Bacca/Rusescu

Looks a decent squad.

That's a decent squad indeed. At least Rakitic didn't get sold. Interesting to see how the new strikers do with the departure of Negredo.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:49 pm

RealGunner wrote:
zizzle wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

Who are those 5 players?

Icardi (50%)
Bilfodil (50%)
Campangaro (free)
Anderiolli (free)

decent acquisitions. Specially Icardi. But Inter do need better midfielders as you said. Anyone linked?

we heard alot of talk about Nainggolan but turns out there's nothing concrete. The only player we're being linked with is Isla and he's a winger..
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:55 pm

I remember when Perotti was such a hot commodity, still a good player though. Anyway, from a Real Madrid fan point of view, it has been actually good. Still spending silly money but at least it's in the right areas.

Unless the club buys Bale...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next