Are you happy with your club's transfer activities so far?

+70
aleumdance
MaraVilla
billy_gr
Crimson
Grooverider
Donuts
Kick
LeSwagg James
Highburied
EarlyPrototype
chad4401
Arsenalfaithfull
Jack Daniels
The Franchise
S
jibers
Valkyrja
TenMenWonTheLeague
donttreadonred
AnJl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BAYERN_MUNICH
Red Alert
Abramovich
flameas
marottalad
Blue Barrett
The Sanchez
BarrileteCosmico
DeviAngel
McLewis
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
halamadrid2
iftikhar
che
eelir
Lupi
Forza
Swanhends
Motogp69
Onyx
stevieg8
Rebaño Sagrado
rwo power
Nishankly
Harmonica
RED
REWB
Tomwin Lannister
Ion Creanga
Kaladin
M99
McAgger
Doc
Zlatan
Vlad the Impaler
Jay29
Art Morte
TonyDaBeast
ExtremistEnigma
sportsczy
urbaNRoots
DuringTheWar
Luca
Lex
CBarca
zizzle
VendettaRed07
B-Mac
RealGunner
74 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Are you happy with your club's transfer activities so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you happy with your club's transfer activities so far?

Post by Doc Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:25 pm

I remember when Perotti was such a hot commodity, still a good player though. Anyway, from a Real Madrid fan point of view, it has been actually good. Still spending silly money but at least it's in the right areas.

Unless the club buys Bale...

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with your club's transfer activities so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you happy with your club's transfer activities so far?

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:35 pm

I'm actually very happy with how both of LFC and Madrid conducted business this summer. Still need another CB and attacker for LFC and DM for Madrid but otherwise everything looks good. Just hoping some deadwood is cleared up for both clubs and hoping Suarez and Higgy stay where they are.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:47 pm

For AC Milan, the market starts in August, every Milanisti knows that.

So far? Well it started out good, filled me with optimism for this summer. Pre-window it was doom and gloom as Allegri was set to be sacked and join Roma, and to be replaced by Clarence Seedorf, who is still a proffessional footballer in the Brazilian league with zero for Botofago with zero coaching experince promised a disaster of a season. Thankfully with the persuasion of Galliani, Berlusconi gave Allegri, a great young coach a contract extension. This crazy whim of Berlu would not have been possible if Max did not have the backing of Galliani, the players and most importantly the fans.

As I said, it started of good. Got Zapata permanently who had a solid season, rightfully decided not to buy Bojan as he had an underwhelming loan experience in Milanello, best for both clubs to part way. Veterans Yepes and Ambrosini were rightfully not offered contract extensions, though we really should have given Ambrosini a better farewell rather than an announcement after the season ended, he is a legend, deserved much better. To top of the departures, Mathieu "I become the second coming of Gerd Muller when negotiating for a contract but get sent off anyway" Flamoney was basically told to GTFO after his ridiculous wage demands.

Galliani's strict policy of buying players only when one player of our leaves has led us to replace current player with better, younger players with less wages. The replacements as follows:

Yepes=Vergara
Bojan=Saponara
Ambrosini=Cristante
Flamoney=Poli

Vergara, great defensive talent who also had a good showing at U20 World Cup, replacing Yepes who is probably his father's age, youth buy. He has never played European football, no way he is starting right out unless he gives in Thiago Silva performances or all other defends start sucking bad. This was a good buy, one for the future, has the potential to be a great CB which Milan sorely needs.

Saponara had an even better season than El Shaarawy had at Padova, best player in Serie B, lifelong Milan fan, goalscoring thread, very creative. With us confirmed to be playing a 4-3-1-2, he is tipped to play in the hole behind El Shaarawy and Balotellu as that is his best position. Qualities reminiscent of Kaka, a Milan legend but he is young and it's highly unlikely he will start lighting up as a starter at once. El Shaarawy who has a parallel story did not light up Serie A at once, he was given time and he impressed and next season he exploded and carried us on his shoulders. Saponara will need time, Serie A is a high step from Serie B but he is one of the best Italian talents out there. Fully expect him to be one of the protagonists of Milan, has the potential to create an exciting attack with El Shaarawy and Balotelli. Will be supported by better players than Francesco fkin Tavano. Star in the making.

Cristante has been hyped for quite a while. Best midfield talent from our Primavera and most importantly he offers CREATIVITY which we were barren with when Montolivo was out injured or suspended. I expect him to be a vice-Montolivo and also an alternative to new signing Poli. Another great talent.

Andrea Poli hopefully will continue the fine tradition of Inter reject=Milan legend. Signed at fee around the region of 6.5 million, that is a baragain though we had to sacrifice Salamon who went as part of the deal part to Sampdoria. He is now in a co-ownership  would have been good to have him in the squad. Poli deal was cheap and he improves our midfield a great deal and makes dostoevsky the happiest man in the world (until he realises we still have Traore in the squad), this signing was a major one and one which showed Milan are on the right track doing sensible business while being financially prudent.

Now, remember Galliani's policy that I mentioned on only buying players when someone leaves? We were set to get Ljajic for 10m-12m but we did not because of Robinho. After agreeing a deal with Santos after long negotiations, the move collapsed because of Binho's wage demands. Brazilian transfer market shut, Ljajic staying at Fiorentina a direct rival :facepalm:Unofficially Keisuke Honda is a Milan player that is 100% certain but the when is not. If either on of Boateng or Robinho leaves, Honda will join us for the grand total of 2 million euros but as things are going, we will most likely get him a Bosman on January, meaning not only will we deprived of him for half the season but he will not be able to play Champions League (assuming we qualify) since he will be cuptied :facepalm:The frustration of not clearing out our deadwood is going to make or break our season. Guys like Traore, Antonini, Urby, Villa and higher profile players like Robinho, Boateng and Nocerino, it's difficult to get rid of players like them as lower level clubs can't normally afford to meet their wage demands and the players themselves having a taste of the big time are reluctant to join these clubs, while at the same time bigger clubs don't want then because they simply are not good enough. Juve fans can relate, with useless fodder like Matri still stuck at the club. Now with rivals strengthening Galliani really has to do something or we will become uncompetetive. Fiorentina signed Joaquin and Gomez, Juventus signed Tevez and Llorente, Roma signed Strootman Napoli is looking to invest a lot, I'm afraid Milan is going to have difficultly qualifying for CL unless action is taken. A CB is needed I don't know why we are not actively chasing one, Rannochia's name is being thrown around, he could be a great signing if he shows Bari form or he could be a disaster if he shows Inter form. Some rumblings about a new striker since we are Milan and we need MOAR strikers.

Still Galliani will be like

Mexes contract extension like a new signing https://i.servimg.com/u/f78/17/64/32/82/g12.png
De Jong return form injury like a new signing https://i.servimg.com/u/f78/17/64/32/82/g12.png
El Shaarawy staying like a new signing https://i.servimg.com/u/f78/17/64/32/82/g12.png
Sakho 20 million? How about a free loan with option to installments https://i.servimg.com/u/f78/17/64/32/82/g12.png
Nocerino is the new Kaka https://i.servimg.com/u/f78/17/64/32/82/g12.png

Will bump this post in August 30th when probably 70% of our mercato dealings will go on.

So far a 6/10. Current squad with no new signings and departures would be

Abbiati (Gabriel)
Abate (De Sciglio/Antonini) Mexes (Bonera) Zapata/Vergara (Zaccardo) De Sciglio (Constant)

De Jong (Muntari)
Poli (Nocerino) Montolivo (Cristante)

Saponara/Boateng

El Shaarwy (Niang/Robinho) Balotelli (Pazzini/Petagna)

Not bad.

PS: We have to sign a DM to let the GL DMeelan myth live.

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:04 pm

I'd give it a 6/10, if we get Honda now then i might bump it up to a 7/10. Though i do have a feeling that Berlu will give us a "present" in the last week of August.

M99 sums it up pretty well, we have traded the old players for youth players. It lines up well with our new policy. There's still some players that i'd like us to get rid of though, and we have adopted this policy of "we cannot buy unless we sell" to free room for the squad. Galliani stated he wanted somewhere around 25-27 players for next season.

Can't complain with the arrivals/promotions of Vergara, Poli, Saponara, Cristante and Petagna, they all look promising and i hope they can make it
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:55 pm

I'm satisfied with our transfers so far.. We made a good profit by fooling sevilla to buy Rusescu for 2,5 millions.. We bought a promissing youngster Gabi Iancu from Hagi's team, he has speed and great skills and finally i hope that striker Piovaccari is gonna reach form... We'll have no problem in passing the group stages of UCL. I can't wait to beat oil clubs with no moneyspent (from us).. You'll see what Romanian Borussia Dortmund is capable of in front of 50 000 people in National Arena.. Last year we destroyed Ajax in Bucharest and beat European champions Chelsea with 1-0.
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:05 pm

8/10

Will go to 9/10 if we get a quality wide left player And/Or a promising young player to fill in for Pirlo

The latter is unlikely.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:16 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:5/10

i agree with this, we havent signed anyone, but we have done good business interms of departures
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:23 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Very happy with our business so far. 8/10

Need a good midfielder now and offload a bit of deadwood.

what is suarez leaves? would you like a replacement or stick with aspas and daniel?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:39 pm

It's been sh*t so far. 1/10.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:44 pm

Yes. But would be ecstatic of somebody in the backline, a defender I think they are called?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:46 pm

REWB wrote:

what is suarez leaves? would you like a replacement or stick with aspas and daniel?

We'll get 50 million Laughing
Expect a CB, RW/ST, CM and a couple of youth signings then.

No way in hell we'll be able to sign "big" this window considering we got nothing to offer them except a project which hasnt really been put properly to place since 2 years.

As for the rating, Ill wait till the last day. Teams are gonna break banks when they lose out on transfer targets. (read arsenal)
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:47 pm

REWB wrote:

If Suarez leaves and we don't get a replacement then the window will definitely have been a disappointment because our squad will be worse than last years. However if we get good money for Luis and spend it wisely on two players (Lamela, Draxler, Shaqiri etc) then I would say it has been a pretty nice summer.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:31 pm

Beggars can't be choosers... Well, as we have no money, we obviously sign young prospects from the region plus promote kids from our academy (which again got the nod as DFB Youth Center of Excellence, which is a rarity for lower division clubs). I hope our coach will manage to form a great young team from them so that we can target promotion to the 3rd division in earnest this season.

Our squad as of now: http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/rot-weiss-oberhausen/startseite/verein_57.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:01 am

La real have been too quiet... I mean they bought a striker(Seferovic) and got jose angel back on loan but I still think they need some depth in the cb position. Last year Inigo and Gonzalez rarely missed a game, but they are going to have to be really lucky for that to happen again. They are using most of the Illara money for the Anoeta renovations, so they still wont be spending big which is a bit disappointing tbh.

Can anyone give me some info on Seferovic?
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:08 am

I'd say around a 7/10 so far. Definitely strengthened the squad, and made some good money on transfers out. If Skrtel stays I'd be comfortable going into the season with the backline the way it is, although it'd be a gamble on him coming back into form. I'd be happy to see a starting 11 CB and attacking player come in, and if those signings are made with minimal exits (Pacheco, Spearing, Assaidi, Downing can all move on for all I care) I'll bump it up to a 9/10.

I think we look very strong right now and are in a good position for the start of the season.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:10 am

We got Ancelotti, he wants to play good football, so happy with that.

We signed Carvajal back, happy with that. We needed a RB.

We needed a DM/DLP, we sign Illarramendi, happy with that.

We needed a Di Maria replacement, we signed Isco, a technical, intelligent player, happy with that.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:07 am

Bayern - Can't really improve on perfect, but we have.

Roma - Would still like to reinforce the back line and wing backs, but overall we've had an exceptional summer.

Spurs - Outside of Paulinho we need to get our crap together, I had so much promise for how we would do this Summer with the Bale money, but it's taking to long. At this point I think we're holding onto Bale unless it ends up being some kind of player plus money deal. Ideally it's still Madrid, because they have more of what we need than Yanited.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:23 am

RealGunner wrote:Thought i should make a thread to take a general opinion from everyone on their club's transfer activity so far.

lol.
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:30 am

u wot brah
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:45 am

He just said what we were all thinking :bow: 
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:50 am

3/10. I'm under-whelmed by our market so far compared to some of my fellow Milanistas, and here's why...

SIGNINGS

Saponara? Deal done during the season, a great buy.

Andrea Poli? Done. Good signing, but kind of annoying that it is only a co-ownership deal and we didn't sign him outright.

Vergara? The jury is still out. Apparently quite good at the WC, but I'll wait until I see him in the red and black before assessing his quality.

NOT SIGNED

A quality CB? We need one desperately. No sign of this problem being solved any time soon. It seems that our management is content to replace T. Silva & Nesta with Mexes & Zapata permanently. That's just nowhere near good enough.

Honda? Apparently arriving in winter. That's too late though, and he'll be cup tied. For the relative pittance that CSKA are asking for, this deal should already be done.

Ljajic? Not signed yet. Wouldn't cost much and we would weaken Fiorentina with his purchase, but the deal seems to have been stopped by the Robinho situation...

NOT SOLD

Robinho? Has been offered a new contract. :/ We should've sold him, but things didn't work out. Brazilian transfer market closes tomorrow, there's no hope of getting rid of this guy now.

KPB? Could've been sold for a huge price considering the inflated market at the moment, but I think we've missed that opportunity.

Balo, SES, Monty: At least we've managed to hang on to our most valuable players.

~~~

I don't count any of our youth promotions as new signings (e.g. Petagna, Cristante).

~~~

And to add to this debacle, all of our rivals, bar Napoli and Inter, have strengthened significantly already. And I fully expect those two exceptions to improve their squads significantly in the coming weeks.

Lastly, as has been mentioned already, Milan have a tenancy to do business late in the market. That is something to be optimistic about. However, this season we have a CL playoff to contest and I dislike the idea of piecing together a team days before such an important tie.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:54 am

Very Happy It has been good so far Benatia , Strootman , Jedvaj , Maicon , I'm hoping for a Left back and a Left wing
and Keeping DDR
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:22 am

REWB wrote:

I can't imagine Suarez leaving given BR's recent press conference. He seems adamant to keep him at the club and so do I. I would be absolutely gutted if he leaves though. All the players who could've replaced him have left for other clubs or are soon gonna join another club.

I wouldn't mind Studge being the Suarez replacement though, since I'm one of his biggest fanboys. We could use that money to strengthen other areas of the team. But I would prefer having Luis in the team rather than that money, given that he doesn't crib about leaving furthermore. He is unarguably one of the best players in the world at the moment and players of such quality will be hard to attract given our recent struggles.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:52 am

It seams our management outdid themselves in terms of stupid transfers.

Are you happy with your club's transfer activities so far? - Page 2 Retard10
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:18 pm

3/10

on the face of it it's been great... replaced tino and albelda with fuego and romeu which is a clear improvement, sold valdez to break even for his transfer, and signed michel for some depth

however, all that needed to be done this summer still hasn't been done... alves is still here, as are gago, piatti and barragan, and we failed to make money on rami, and we let vitolo and pina sign for rivals
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:59 pm

Lex wrote:Oh yeah, forgot Sanogo. That bumps it up to 0/10

Improvement!!

You got rid of Andre Santos finally, that should bump it to a 1/10 albino 
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next