Manchester United 2013/2014 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

+24
iftikhar
Angoulême
DavidVilla92
Zero
M99
azzurres
Valkyrja
Hapless_Hans
RealGunner
AlinJ92
Abramovich
DeletedUser#1
Yolskjaer
Dutti
Firenze
MaraVilla
Art Morte
archwooohh
jibers
Glory
RED
B-Mac
Busby Babe
Vlad the Impaler
28 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Manchester United 2013/2014 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) - Page 37 Empty Re: Manchester United 2013/2014 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

Post by Angoulême Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:04 pm

RED wrote:I just wrote a long detailed analysis of the game, it got deleted due to my internet cutting off :facepalm:

Anyways I'll try to summarise it.

Great footballing display by us. Full of pace, movement, attacked in numbers, always had bodies available for the pass. Night and day to what we've been seing this season. Shame it was consequence of RVP's injury that forced Moyes to play these players and system. But today was there for all to see that we have the ability to play good tecnhical football rather than his get it out wide or hoof it Everton style of play.

Fletcher and Fellaini worked hard in the middle and alway provided an extra body in defence. We dealt with all their aerial threat and alway had someone available to clear any loose balls in the box.
Mata was my MOTM though. Today proved just how effective he is when played in his prefered position. All over the pitch, dictating play, creating attacks, has an eye for a pass. His best game for us. Just looked in his element.

We looked so comfortable and controlled the entire game. WH away is always a difficult fixture for us, but today we made it look easy.

Young was the only negative today. He is just useless and stifled many attacking opportunities. Get Evra back for the derby, hopefull Smalling or Evans will be fit for it and exchange Young for either Januzaj or Welbeck. Kagawa, Rooney and Mata must all start.

Rooney's goal- GOTY

Nice post Red , pretty much sums up a good day . I am still not a Moyes supporter , but I have to give him ( or Fergie ) credit today , Have wanted to see us play this formation for ages and I hope we play it a lot more while RvP is out. Replace Young with Nani in that front four and we're set. All 4 of them can interchange!

Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Manchester United 2013/2014 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) - Page 37 Empty Re: Manchester United 2013/2014 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

Post by Busby Babe Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Can Kagawa, Rooney, Januzaj and Mata play together ?

We've never seen it. Today, was the first time we saw Kagawa and Mata play together. Kagawa and Rooney have already show good chemistry before, and we saw it from Mata as well today. I think there is defensive issues with Kagawa-Mata-Januzaj though. Only Kagawa will put in the required work load, Rooney will too. It's not enough though, so Moyes will have the urge to put in someone like Valencia to give the balance.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:16 pm

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd

Moyes says @juanmata8 was "terrific" and @S_Kagawa0317 was "excellent." "We had some really top performances and we want to keep it going."

Please don't lie to me Moysie, you better be telling the truth Sad
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:28 pm

Angoulême wrote:
RED wrote:I just wrote a long detailed analysis of the game, it got deleted due to my internet cutting off :facepalm:

Anyways I'll try to summarise it.

Great footballing display by us. Full of pace, movement, attacked in numbers, always had bodies available for the pass. Night and day to what we've been seing this season. Shame it was consequence of RVP's injury that forced Moyes to play these players and system. But today was there for all to see that we have the ability to play good tecnhical football rather than his get it out wide or hoof it Everton style of play.

Fletcher and Fellaini worked hard in the middle and alway provided an extra body in defence. We dealt with all their aerial threat and alway had someone available to clear any loose balls in the box.
Mata was my MOTM though. Today proved just how effective he is when played in his prefered position. All over the pitch, dictating play, creating attacks, has an eye for a pass. His best game for us. Just looked in his element.

We looked so comfortable and controlled the entire game. WH away is always a difficult fixture for us, but today we made it look easy.

Young was the only negative today. He is just useless and stifled many attacking opportunities. Get Evra back for the derby, hopefull Smalling or Evans will be fit for it and exchange Young for either Januzaj or Welbeck. Kagawa, Rooney and Mata must all start.

Rooney's goal- GOTY

Nice post Red , pretty much sums up a good day . I am still not a Moyes supporter , but I have to give him ( or Fergie ) credit today , Have wanted to see us play this formation for ages and I hope we play it a lot more while RvP is out. Replace Young with Nani in that front four and we're set. All 4 of them can interchange!

Cheers bruh. I would give Moyes credit if he actually played this system if RVP was not injured. It would have showed balls and it would have proven that he is trying to work a system that could improve us. I know he played Kagawa today, but that is only due to Welbeck putting in a shift on Wednesday and Valencia having that eye injury. So basically it was the circumstances that forced him into playing Mata as a no.10 and him including Kagawa.

But the performance was impressive. He has to build on this now (I cant count how many times I've said this) and play it against a tough opposition, starting v City. I would play Welbeck instead of Young though. imo he provides us with more pace up front plus he helps out the defence well. His hard work is underrated imo.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:36 pm

RED wrote:

Cheers bruh. I would give Moyes credit if he actually played this system if RVP was not injured. It would have showed balls and it would have proven that he is trying to work a system that could improve us. I know he played Kagawa today, but that is only due to Welbeck putting in a shift on Wednesday and Valencia having that eye injury. So basically it was the circumstances that forced him into playing Mata as a no.10 and him including Kagawa.

Spot on, RED. Good performance, well done Moyes. But that's as far as it goes. We have to see if he carries on with this in the remaining games, and what happens when RvP is back
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Busby Babe wrote:
RED wrote:

Spot on, RED. Good performance, well done Moyes. But that's as far as it goes. We have to see if he carries on with this in the remaining games, and what happens when RvP is back

He's gonna waltz straight back in the side  Mad 
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:30 pm

please moyes go with this tonight. we can give them a tough time if so.

-------------de gea-----------
rafael--smalling---jones----evra
-----fletcher-------------fellaini
-------------rooney----------
------mata----------kagawa---
------------welbeck-----------

rooney in the midfiled is a must today. Simply If we can stop toure we can stop city. therefore our best player against their best player is the way to go. Twisted Evil
throw fellaini also into the mix and yea we can hopefully put shackles on the ivorian beast.  drinking

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:59 pm

Yeah we def would need an extra body in mf to combat City's midfielders, otherwise we would get overrun. Rooney would need to drop deep and provide that link from mf to the attack for us.Mata would be too lightweight and he doesn't have the defensive capabilities to do that job. I don't think Kagawa will get picked tonight unfortunately...I have a horrible feeling the ginger coward will opt for Valencia and Young on the wings to provide their mythical "defensive" cover.

Despite us not having anything to play for, Moyes will most likely play to not lose first, rather than go for the win and have the team express itself to it's potential ability.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:05 pm

I felt all week that we could get something from this match, now I have a horrible feeling that we're going to get thrashed.

Rooney will moan about playing CM, Lumiere. Moyes called him a United legend yesterday, I nearly vomited.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:20 pm

Busby Babe wrote:I felt all week that we could get something from this match, now I have a horrible feeling that we're going to get thrashed.

Rooney will moan about playing CM, Lumiere. Moyes called him a United legend yesterday, I nearly vomited.

true man.  Rolling Eyes 

but then again if moyes can somehow convince him he is our poster boy and shet  (which I assume he already did countless times) and tell him stuff like only he can stop the marauding toure and blah, may be then.   Suspect 

We need him in the midfield man. If we need to stop them, we need to cut off the supply, and a fellaini alone wont work I am damn sure. We already kinda saw that in the first clash where fellaini was reduced to a mere kibitzer and went missing in the crowd. and rooney can link up well with him, frustrate toure which then will frustrate city and lend us a win.

Last edited by Lumiere_Blanche on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:23 pm

I think he will play Cleverley today, tbh.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:24 pm

RED wrote:Yeah we def would need an extra body in mf to combat City's midfielders, otherwise we would get overrun. Rooney would need to drop deep and provide that link from mf to the attack for us.Mata would be too lightweight and he doesn't have the defensive capabilities to do that job. I don't think Kagawa will get picked tonight unfortunately...I have a horrible feeling the ginger coward will opt for Valencia and Young on the wings to provide their mythical "defensive" cover.

Despite us not having anything to play for, Moyes will most likely play to not lose first, rather than go for the win and have the team express itself to it's potential ability.

yea kagawa is going to miss out. I know.

at least valencia is certain today to start. Hopefully its only limited to valencia. If he decide to play both the shets. lol we are gonna get murdered.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:29 pm

Moyes has his tongue firmly stapled in Rooney's arse. All Rooney has to say is 'I don't wanna play there' and Moyes will reshuffle his plans.

Games like these is where the sh*tness of our midfield is highlighted. We blew 27 mill on a midfielder last summer and still the problem is glaring. What a waste, but it is what it is...just have to accept it. grr
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:50 pm

#mufc starting XI vs @MCFC: De Gea; Rafael, Ferdinand, Jones, Evra; Carrick, Cleverley, Fellaini; Mata, Welbeck, Rooney

#mufc subs: Lindegaard, Büttner, Fletcher, Kagawa, Young, Valencia, Hernandez

I knew Cleverley would play. Moysie is just too easy too read haha
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:38 pm

Cmon Utd. Play for the badge!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:40 pm

Scholes said Fellaini's been shit this season Proud
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:46 pm

we are so *bleep* shit
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:46 pm

unreal. 45 secs in and its 0-1. bunch of bottlers
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:49 pm

I'm serious about this, is there anyway way we can forfit the Bayern tie?
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:52 pm

what the *bleep* do we do in training every single week the same shit happens. It looks like we only work on fitness because we're doing the same stuff at a faster pace
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:56 pm

City are so much better than us on every level. They know it and are owning us at our ground. We look terrified.

We have become utter bottlers when it comes to the big games.

And our defence today :facepalm: They are cutting us up at will
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:57 pm

if cleverly with almost non existent defensive ability can start then why the fukc kagawa with a superior offensive, technical, creative and defensive attribute cant. What is this guy seeing which we arent I cant fuking understand.

Last edited by Lumiere_Blanche on Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:58 pm

The pace of City's football, and the way they are pressing us...we just cant cope at all. They are making us look like a conference side.

Fck off moyes and ur merry band of amateur assistants. Even mid table teams put up a better fight against the top teams than us
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:59 pm

Cleverley doing the invisible act already. I dont wanna scapegoat him already, but has he even touched the ball ffs.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:00 pm

We can't keep the ball. Kagawa helps keep the ball, hence City can't attack but noooo Moyes sees other things
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:01 pm

The customary Welbeck trademark slip. Needs to compose himself more.

Good break tho' and I cant fault him for trying there
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next