MaestroFavre
Grooverider
Art Morte
Forza
BarcaLearning
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do u think happened with Maicon? Empty What do u think happened with Maicon?

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:31 pm

Well for me at his best years at Inter, he was a monster, the best RB I have seen, the way he attacks and defend, total domination of the right side of the field, and his classy goals and runs forward, etc.

Then suddenly after Mou left, along with many, Inter players just slumped so much so fast. I remember he got injured, came back and was decent. Then the transfer to Man C where I seen him a couple of times where he was awful.

Now it could be a good thing for him to be back in Italy with Roma.... I hope he can regain his best form sinces hes a pleasure to watch when at his best.

So what do u think happened? Could it just be the age factor?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

What do u think happened with Maicon? Empty Re: What do u think happened with Maicon?

Post by Forza Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:47 pm

Bale wrecked him.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

What do u think happened with Maicon? Empty Re: What do u think happened with Maicon?

Post by Art Morte Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:32 pm

Lost motivation, probably.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:32 pm

Forza wrote:Bale wrecked him.

this, never was the same player again after he encountered the welsh wizard winger wide-man.
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:05 pm

I very much doubt a couple of games vs one player is enough to destory such a top professional confidence and motivation...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MaestroFavre Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:23 pm

Well like you said injuries; in the 10/11 season he had a few injuries but the 11/12 season he was especially plagued by injuries ( I think he played just 22 or 23 Serie A games that season) and I think those injuries had a toll on his performances . Also we can't forget after Mou left, Inter was in managerial instability and shambles with Leo, Rafa, Gasp etc. So I'd assume that this also affected his performances.

At City ,although Richards was injured temporarily, he barely played because Zabaleta was having the season of his life. I think he was mostly bought for cover anyways.Even at City, he had about 2 or 3 injuries .

Overall , I think it was injuries of course. Laughing 
MaestroFavre
MaestroFavre
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Villarreal

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:29 pm

Maicon along with a fair few other of the old timers at Inter were spent during Mourinho's tenure there. He squeezed the remaining lat drops of ability out of them then fled knowing they'd never be the same players again.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:38 pm

I think he's probably still good. I liked him at Inter evne though we were going through a garbage stage.
he will do well at roma
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:01 pm

1.Lost Motivation
2.Bale
3. Fitness issues

Inter should have sold him for 30 Million when Mehdrid wanted him, he just wasn't the same player when the move failed to happen.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by InteristAli Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:41 am

Please don't mention bale...
InteristAli
InteristAli
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:51 am

Bale happened.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:56 am

To be honest, I think Bale destroying Maicon came at a time where Maicon was already on a natural downhill after peaking when Inter won the treble.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:25 am

Fitness problem caused by Fat man Training and later on Injuries
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:30 am

The dudes getting old, I remember that beast goal he scored in 2010 World Cup, but about the whole bale thing- bale was just younger, faster, and tricky.  Players usually go down after about 29 or 30 especially playing at top level teams. Also after mou, inter were a little scrambled and at man city he was only a back up.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:42 am

Maicon relied a lot on his pace, so when he lost that it was all downhill. I wonder how he'll do at Roma.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:29 am

he got fat, like all brazilians do in italy, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Maicon :coffee: that Milan night life Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:41 am

Physical players who do not adjust their game do not stand the test of time. Maicon's fall was really fast though, and post Mourinho Inter was crap defensively and that exposed Maicon even more. And as mentioned Brazilian players tend to lose motivation after they achieve everything and Maicon isnt any different.

However there's more to Maicon's game than these thunderous runs, so if he's given a more reserved role at Roma maybe we can see more of Maicon's underrated defensive skills
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:36 am

I actually give him credit for continuing to play after the Tottenham-Inter games. Few players would show their faces in the game again after being manhandled/raped/ravaged as hard as Bale did in both games.

Bale vs Maicon:

I'd have retired personally.

I'd say it was pretty much all due to Bale. You can argue the loss of motivation, fitness issues etc... but all of those were caused by Bale. It's a mental thing really, and at the rate he's going I expect to see "Bale syndrome" classified in the DSM-VI.

He was a good player before that mind you but some people don't recover from such events.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlatan Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:22 am

What happened with Maicon was the same thing which happens with every player who reaches his peak. The duel against bale came at the wrong time. I'm pretty sure the damage wouldn't have been as much, if the tactics employed by benitez were different.

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:25 pm

This nob rubbing over Bale :facepalm: As if Bale is Harry Potter and Maicon is Voldemort

Maicon just got old and slow, simple. The final nail in his coffin was being sold to City for a mere £3 million smackers after figures in the region of £30 million were being tossed around a couple of years ago
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:42 pm

CBarca wrote:I actually give him credit for continuing to play after the Tottenham-Inter games. Few players would show their faces in the game again after being manhandled/raped/ravaged as hard as Bale did in both games.

Bale vs Maicon:

I'd have retired personally.

I'd say it was pretty much all due to Bale. You can argue the loss of motivation, fitness issues etc... but all of those were caused by Bale. It's a mental thing really, and at the rate he's going I expect to see "Bale syndrome" classified in the DSM-VI.

He was a good player before that mind you but some people don't recover from such events.

no. sorry but your whole post is wrong. maicon was injured for that game vs tottenham but we played him anyway. and his motivation issues happened way way before that game, so again, wrong

maicons problem was he lost interest. we all saw it as inter fans. plain and simple. the game vs tottenham was nothing special. he'd already been turned inside out by low team serie a scrubs leading up to that game
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by InteristAli Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:06 pm

Can't believe people actually believe it's because of bale, it's no coincidence that the people saying its because of bale didnt watch maicon regularly and the one who don't are mostly ones who follow him
InteristAli
InteristAli
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:16 am

I seriously dont agree with that Bale games makes a player to just lose it....I believe more so the ones who says he lost motivation after Mou left after the treble...together with age and injury, that must be it, the Bale thing at most just highlights or confirms the decline I guess.

Im not so sure about the pace and physical players decline faster as well? I dont know, like Giggs he was all pace and dribble when young and yet hes sustained for so long and adjusted his game, but thats a completely different story Razz

Even Ronaldinho, he still doing it in Brazil league which is great to see... and I guess this shows Cafu, who u all know is the other legendary RB, how long he lasted, was quite amazing. Again I say I hop Maicon fits in well and redicovers himself at Roma Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:03 am

Decline came after Bale. You'll start to see some of it this season with the RB's last season and some defending midfielders, they'll suddenly become as shit as Maicon. It's Bale Syndrome, never seen anything like it.

That's what happened to Tottenham's own player last season, Walker. He was crap for large parts because of training against Bale. Since he's young he can make a comeback but it's tough.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:16 am

Did ya'll expect him to stay young and in prime form his entire career? Don't forget how many injuries the guy has also had. That will ruin you

EDIT:
wtf....I just read through the thread. Do you guys really think a few games vs a player like 3 years ago sent him to a shock of suck? Only onGL.....

lol Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next