S
Lupi
sportsczy
Kaladin
RealGunner
89 posters

Page 29 of 43 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 36 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.VII - Page 29 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.VII

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:As far as successful tackles it's Vidal from what I've read

Mehrami just keeps chasing people and tackling/fouling them

They need an upgrade considering they'll be against hugely superior midfields

MVP or PVP

Milan Monty, NDJ, Poli

Fio midfieldh

Probably Roma too.

Their defence is set to be pretty average and their attack so far is massively downgraded. And it's hard to see a Scenario where it's overall better.

#SaveusPandev

I trust Benitez to have some degree of direction. Clearly, emphasis is going to be placed ron deep and relatively tight lines to create successive barriers for teams o break down. What's going to happen in attack is less clear.

I think Callejon will score 20 goals next year, an opinion likely not shared by you guys but it is what is is. In spells he demonstrated the movement and finishing ability necessary to be an elite goalscorer from that position on the right. Immediately, they probably need another creative midfielder to assist Hamsik and a forward.

They'll probably need to choose between the two.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.VII - Page 29 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.VII

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:24 pm

Rafa will have a plan, but the problem is so far they're really not improving the team like everybody thought they would have

Obivously they have quite a bit of money left, but a number of big deals have already taken place and Napoli are left with slim pickings

Fair enough if you think he can score 20 that's fine, but 20 is a pretty big deal in Italy, and I can't see it happening personally.

I can't even post a possible line up because I have no idea what formation Rafa will be aiming for

But if it's not a back 3 then the likes of Maggio are going to suffer. If you've seen Maggio for Italy he's a pretty bad RB but as soon as you put him in a back 3 formation he's fantastic.

Like I said they're overall pretty weak in every department with only a handful of top players

Maggio - as a wingback

Inler

Hamsik

They had a pretty poor defence as things stood, even our awful attack troubled it immensely, and in the CL it eventually cost them

Now with Campagnaro gone and Albiol as his replacement it's probably taken a downturn.

I can't see them doing much in Serie A unless they significantly improve their summer market dealings.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:47 pm

Benteke withdraws transfer request and agrees a contract extension until 2017.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Ade and Defoe to lead Spurs to Europa League again then I guess

Really don't see who else they could get to improve them

Osvaldo and Soldado..underwhelming
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:51 pm

----------------Rafael
--Maggio---Albiol---Cannavaro---Armero
------------Behrami---Inler
---Callejon-------Hamsik-----Mertens/Insigne
----------------Damiao/CF

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Pretty poor CB's in terms of mounting a title challenge

Maggio is a bad RB

Armero again is a wing back, might be ok at LB though

Behrami, don't rate him

Inler is a very good player

Callejon Insigne Damio is ok but nothing on what they've had in recent times.

All in all their team up until this point does not look too good, and that's assuming they even get Damiao

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:58 pm

Benteke stays cheers
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:58 pm

If they remain consistent vs the teams in Serie A, then it's possible they can win it. There's Juventus in tier 1, then Roma, Fiorentina, Napoli, AC Milan and maybe Inter in tier 2.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Little upset over Benteke but also...kind of not.

Offering over 20 million pounds for Benteke (would have taken that money to get him) is something I see as overpaying. Thing is, Spurs really need a striker and Benteke is...good enough, young, and has a lot of potential. I think he would have done great. That being said, I rate him at about 15 million pounds at this point in time so paying 25 million pounds like Villa wanted...I can understand not going for that deal. That's a gross overestimation. It seems it was Benteke and Villa that have closed the deal on this one though.

No idea where Spurs go from here though. Options are dwindling yet I still think a striker should be brought in regardless. Can't see Levy coughing up 25-28 million euros for Soldado.

I'm thinking Spurs will look towards Osvaldo now, especially given Baldini being a part of Tottenham.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Wow spurs have been lacking badly in the striker department for such a long time. And they still failed to act in time

Watch them play Bale as a false 9 out of desperation Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:02 pm

CBarca wrote:Little upset over Benteke but also...kind of not.

Offering over 20 million pounds for Benteke (would have taken that money to get him) is something I see as overpaying. Thing is, Spurs really need a striker and Benteke is...good enough, young, and has a lot of potential. I think he would have done great. That being said, I rate him at about 15 million pounds at this point in time so paying 25 million pounds like Villa wanted...I can understand not going for that deal. That's a gross overestimation. It seems it was Benteke and Villa that have closed the deal on this one though.

No idea where Spurs go from here though. Options are dwindling yet I still think a striker should be brought in regardless. Can't see Levy coughing up 25-28 million euros for Soldado.

I'm thinking Spurs will look towards Osvaldo now, especially given Baldini being a part of Tottenham.

Spurs linked with Papiss Cisse
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:05 pm

Remy would be a decent cheapish option I guess, Newcastle are linked with him heavily atm, how much would he cost? didnt QPR pay around 10m for him? that said not really an improvement over a motivated Adebayor. Get him motivated again ffs, he'd be like a new signing. Motivated Ade > any of the available options.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:06 pm

To be fair it's not a lack of trying from Spurs, they've just fallen short on the last couple deals with Villa and Benteke. Although the valuation difference between Aston Villa and Tottenham was probably always too much for Tottenham. I pegged it as a transfer saga that Levy would get done on deadline day though.

Pls no Papiss.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:08 pm

RealGunner wrote:Benteke stays cheers
increases our chance by 1% to finish ahead of spus

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:10 pm

Firenze wrote:Remy would be a decent cheapish option I guess, Newcastle are linked with him heavily atm, how much would he cost? didnt QPR pay around 10m for him? that said not really an improvement over a motivated Adebayor. Get him motivated again ffs, he'd be like a new signing. Motivated Ade > any of the available options.

Much easier said than done. A motivated Ade is 5 times the player Benteke is and would be fantastic for Tottenham.

Thing is during the whole season last year the only time he was motivated was in the last month because of the CL opportunity :facepalm:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:10 pm

PSG have found some medical anamolies with Marquinhos. They are awaiting lab test results, which they've gotten by now (supposed to receive it at 17h). They don't think it's anything serious and the transfer will get done. But when you have to make lab tests, you never know.

Wonder what it is.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:10 pm

Firenze wrote:Remy would be a decent cheapish option I guess, Newcastle are linked with him heavily atm, how much would he cost? didnt QPR pay around 10m for him? that said not really an improvement over a motivated Adebayor. Get him motivated again ffs, he'd be like a new signing. Motivated Ade > any of the available options.

His court case doesn't start till after the close of the window.

Not worth a team buying him if he is going to prison should he be found guilty.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:12 pm

sportsczy wrote:PSG have found some medical anamolies with Marquinhos.  They are awaiting lab test results, which they've gotten by now (supposed to receive it at 17h).  They don't think it's anything serious and the transfer will get done.  But when you have to make lab tests, you never know.

Wonder what it is.
DI Marzio is saying everything has been resolved and he should be announced in the next hours
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:13 pm

Ade can't finish worth crap. He was motivated at Madrid and was only able to hit the side of a barn against Spurs... and ended up deceiving them Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:15 pm

Apparently Napoli have backed away from Higuain due to his price. They are set on Damiao.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:15 pm

PSG have decided to loan out Rabiot again... i think that means they go after either Gustavo or Hernanes.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:16 pm

Marquinhos had lots of fitness problems at Roma.

Rami is linked with a move to Roma. Although I think we could use a goalkeeper or striker, rather than a CB
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:16 pm

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:

His court case doesn't start till after the close of the window.

Not worth a team buying him if he is going to prison should he be found guilty.

wow, totally forgot the rape allegations, happens far too often that you start forgetting who's been charged, honestly at this point they should have an allegations tally alongside the international caps on wikipedia. explains why nobody has snapped him up.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:23 pm

sportsczy wrote:Ade can't finish worth crap.  He was motivated at Madrid and was only able to hit the side of a barn against Spurs... and ended up deceiving them Laughing

He's an awful finisher and we know that but he still scored 17 goals and was in the double figures for assists with Tottenham on loan the year before last. It's not even about the stats though, Ade's ability to bring others into play, his link up play, and his hold up play can all be top notch when motivated and that's the best thing. His general play outside the box is great for a striker. He's just utter shite in the box motivated or not. He's like Lewandowski in a way Proud

Wouldn't mind having a motivated Adebayor playing in the center of a 4-3-3 and holding the ball up and trying to create space for Bale, Paulinho, and Dembele. Bale can be Spurs top scorer, Ade if he plays the role well doesn't even need to put up great numbers. Hopefully instead of signing a striker then, Spurs can get another winger that can score a few and that will be where the goals come from.

It's just that getting a motivated Adebayor is much easier said than done and something Spurs can't rely on.

I don't watch Roma much. Can someone tell much of an improvement Osvaldo is on Defoe and Ade? I need someone I can get excited about just for funzies.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Definitely an improvement, fell out with the last coach and went downhill from there.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:25 pm

http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/joji-560x315.jpg
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 43 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 36 ... 43  Next