neuro11
MaraVilla
55 posters

Page 33 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by The Franchise Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:09 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:"The players who are here now are good enough to defend the team throughout the season," Pique told reporters in Spain.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/barcelona/news/pique-barca-dont-need-new-defender_98484.html
not surprised lazy pique doesn't want to compete
I first thought that, but I think its maybe more than this.

I think Pique does actually believe it, or at least is simply trying to deflect negativity.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:12 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:When i watch Abidal at CB, i dont understand why you let him go Laughing
Join the club. I dont know how on a playing level it was established he can no longer compete.

Most people assumed he would never come back. They were wrong.

I dont know why the jumped the gun again to suggest he can no longer cut it at a high level because he spent that time away. Players been away longer and come back just fine.

And even if he didnt, we didnt know and giving him that chance to prove it either way, especially considering our lack of quality defenders, to me is stupid.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:13 pm

sportsczy wrote:Gustavo is going to Wolfsburg according to Die Welt... You dodged a bullet Laughing

I have expect Barca to sign Kondogbia and make him a CB Laughing
I would have Kondogbia, but as an actual midfielder.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:51 pm

I think our Song experience has taught us not to purchase any more False CBs
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:34 am

Interesting read on the Villa sale from Bleacher Report.
if true it would make a lot of sense on why we sold Villa rather cheaply.

Spoiler:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:45 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:"The players who are here now are good enough to defend the team throughout the season," Pique told reporters in Spain.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/barcelona/news/pique-barca-dont-need-new-defender_98484.html
Pique has been making these kind of comments since the beginning of the summer. It's irritating to say the least.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:36 am

The Franchise wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:When i watch Abidal at CB, i dont understand why you let him go Laughing
Join the club. I dont know how on a playing level it was established he can no longer compete.

Most people assumed he would never come back. They were wrong.

I dont know why the jumped the gun again to suggest he can no longer cut it at a high level because he spent that time away. Players been away longer and come back just fine.

And even if he didnt, we didnt know and giving him that chance to prove it either way, especially considering our lack of quality defenders, to me is stupid.
Even in the limited time he did play near the end of the season he played very well in my opinion. He was still pure class out there. Didn't he do fine playing a full 90 minutes for us one game?

I can't fathom to understand why he wasn't given a one year extension if Barca didn't want to tie him up long term, just to see what he was made of. Maybe even a pay as you play deal or something... He was willing to continue to fight for a spot and he can still play, and he wanted to be here. Somehow none of that is valuable to Barca? It's even worse when you consider what he's been through and he's an amazing role model and star player for Barca. I so badly wanted him to retire here.

Still very bitter, I am
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:01 am

well, what else could he say??? I mean when your board completely failed to buy a new defender,and you are the only true senior CB, whar you expect him saying...saying something like we are in deep problem!!! something that will discourage other players and fans....
I personally dont see anything wrong in his words

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:02 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

So you think he is not competing for his place in national team....why otherwise del bosque is playing him week in week out if he is so overrated....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:05 am

Abidal's is an issue no one will get the right answer ever. Something force me to believe whether rosell really loves the club or he is just here to fight Laporta

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barcaholic Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:32 am

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/otamendi-mangala-bisevac-tres-alternativas-del-barca-sakho-2577470

barcaholic
barcaholic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:17 am

CBarca wrote:Didn't he do fine playing a full 90 minutes for us one game?

Yes, yes he did. He still retains much of his athletic ability but more importantly, he reads the game very well as he did before and gets in front of people for interceptions at the right time.

And according to him, he still wasnt a 100% at that time.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:42 am

The Franchise wrote:Gustavo more mobile, trust him more defensively, Song is better with the ball.
dani, thanks for the reply.

I have always thought Gustavo is a very underrated player. He isn't very gifted and since he isn't very good with the ball he is being chucked out and not much interest is being shown in him. Still he is one of those players who can really be relied on to do a job for the team.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:45 am

Heard some talk we had a level of intrest in making him our centerback (dont know if I should laugh or cry at that thought) but he choose Wolfsburg over everyone.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:48 am

Sport: If the Sakho bid fails, we will go for Mangala, Bisevic or Otamendi.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:53 am

Otamendi has had an impressive preseason, he is really coming around and he is looking better than ever with the ball...but he still scares the life out of me.

Bisevic I dont know much about, except he is 29 years old..

For Mangala we have to get him to force Porto's hand because they dont want to sell him, yet. Probably possible, although pretty difficult.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:12 pm

Here's new concept:  Buy a player who is trained and experienced at the position you want him to play Laughing Of course, i say this and Madrid is about to buy Bale and we're going to move people around for no reason Laughing

Bisevac is in no way Barca level. If you want to go to France, there's Nkoulou, Sakho and Zouma. Those are the three that have the level or could get there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:44 pm

The Franchise wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:The more I think about our CB situation,the more I cant help but draw parallels with United and their midfield situation.
Like us with CB's,midfield has been a problem for United for quite some time.
And yet like us with CB's,they strangely wont sign anyone for midfield,even though everyone knows its a weak area for them.
The more criticism their midfield gets,the more determined they seem not to sign anyone.In a way their recent success stands in the way.Its as if,we have been so successful even with a poor midfield.So we wont sign anyone.
Similar situation.We have been successful even with scrubs at the back so we wont sign anyone.Both clubs seem to be obstinate and strange about it.

Playing players out of position.United playing the likes of Rooney,Jones etc in midfield and us playing the likes of Song,Busquets,Adriano etc at CB.

Even the transfer policy bears resemblance.Going for unrealistic targets.Us with our halfhearted pursuit of TS,Luiz etc and United with their pursuit of Fab,Thaigo,Schweini etc.

Everything seems eerily similar except for the difference in position.
Great comparison, never thought of it.

One key difference I think is Man Utd play a style in which in the big games, they arent trying to actually keep the ball and circulate it in the midfield so they can afford to play a disciplined holder who is decent positionally and can make passes into wide areas (Carrick when not pressed) and a ruggged defensive runner/presser/man marker in Jones.

There is no style which can save all the various blunders our centerbacks do.
Thats true.I have always rated Carrick high.I think he has done a great job carrying their mediocre midfield these past few years.He is not great in tight areas but he is a wonderful passer and has good range.Can control games and does a great job defensively.Massively underrated player and a key cog for them.
On the subject of CB's,what about from United?They have an abundance of them and some young ones with potential.
Anyone of Jones,Smalling,Evans perhaps.I like Evans and I think he has done quite well.Jones is perhaps the most talented.Has all the physical tools.Just need experience and to develop the mental aspect.
Know we wont go for any of them but just for the sake of discussion.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:27 pm

I think Smalling is a wonderful centerback prospect as long as he stays injury free. He is incredibly mobile, has great height and is good with the ball. I think injuries and some games at rightback have stopped him really going to another level but I think he is really really talented.

I also like Jones. But I dont like how he has been used in 3-4 different positions. For now, I guess thats fine, but I feel like he really needs to get himself established in one position or at most two.

Evans im still not sold on, I see he has done very well for himself and above all else he has become reliable, which is not something I felt he always was. But he has done a good job.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barcaholic Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:57 pm

sportsczy wrote:Here's new concept:  Buy a player who is trained and experienced at the position you want him to play Laughing Of course, i say this and Madrid is about to buy Bale and we're going to move people around for no reason Laughing

Bisevac is in no way Barca level.  If you want to go to France, there's Nkoulou, Sakho and Zouma.  Those are the three that have the level or could get there.
Does anyone know how much Saint-Etienne would ask for Zouma? I'm curious because he's got potential but no one is going after him. I thought it is mainly because Saint-Etienne would on only sell for lots of $$$.
barcaholic
barcaholic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:40 pm

Only saw Otemandi in national team. He was far from being convincing. Never thought he would ever be linked with us. Is it because Tata is argentinaian that his name is rumoured or there is more than that

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:44 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Sport: If the Sakho bid fails, we will go for Mangala, Bisevic or Otamendi.
I would like Mangala
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:18 pm

If you ask for Zouma, St Etienne need a replacement CB. So it could be Barta + cash.... but i doubt Bartra would accept the move.

Next year though, i would say he'd cost around 15 mil.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:17 pm

neuro11 wrote:Only saw Otemandi in national team. He was far from being convincing. Never thought he would ever be linked with us. Is it because Tata is argentinaian that his name is rumoured or there is more than that
That was an inexperienced Otamendi playing out of position as lb iirc. Don't think we should judge him for that WC.

That being said he is far from my choice as cb. Although I don't watch Porto.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:32 pm

For me, Otamendi is either a defensive minded rightback or a centerback but not a starter at a club of our level.

He is prone to error, but he has improved since 2 years ago. Last season he was much better than under AVB. Maybe benching Rolando and competing with Maicon was the competition he needed to push himself.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:41 pm

Mangala would be fantastic IMO, would cost a pretty penny though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39  Next