ExtremistEnigma
McAgger
Helmer
Fahim89
RedOranje
21 posters

Page 4 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:26 pm

Glad we haven't given up on him. Hopefully his loan goes well.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:45 pm

Ajax coach Frank de Boer has warned Christian Eriksen against a move to Liverpool.

The Denmark international has been linked with a switch to Anfield, as well as other clubs such as Roma and Borussia Dortmund, in recent months.

However, since the Bundesliga side signed attacking midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan last week, Eriksen's most likely destination looks set to be Liverpool - a move De Boer feels would be unwise.

"If they play as they do now, I would not go", the former Netherlands international told Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad.

"The playing style would not suit his own but, ultimately, it is for Chris himself to decide."

Eriksen, 21, has just one year remaining on his current contract at the Amsterdam ArenA and looks set to leave before the end of the transfer window.

Should he move to Anfield, he would join an impressive array of attacking talent, with Brendan Rodgers having added signings such as Iago Aspas and Luis Alberto to his squad in the close-season.

Rodgers also has the likes of Daniel Sturridge, Philippe Coutinho and Luis Suarez to call on as he attempts to improve his side's seventh-place finish in the Premier League last season.

The heck is he smoking?? scratch
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:31 pm

Suso to Almeria on LOAN confirmed!! cheers 

http://liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/139199-reds-confirm-suso-loan
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:36 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23239056

Ince turns down move for his family, No 3 million Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Nishank wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23239056

Ince turns down move for his family, No 3 million Sad

Lame excuse he just wants a better move! Razz 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:40 pm

If we take Henrikh as bench-mark (goal-scoring AM) which player we would be going after now! I don't think Eriksen was our target (there wasn't any concrete news about our move/approach).

Also, do we really want a CB! If Norwich can bid for Alde, we could have closed this weeks ago. Even the Ilori rumors have gone.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:47 pm

The Daily Star (shit source, I assume) is running a story that's claiming a Danish paper (Ekstra Bladet) is reporting that we have approached Ajax to begin negotiations over Eriksen, though no bid has been made yet. Given the source(s) we should probably take this with a rather large grain of salt.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/326078/Liverpool-in-pole-postion-for-Christian-Eriksen-amid-Tottenham-interest
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:24 am

Art Morte wrote:I don't get it why we need a goalscoring CAM, it's goalscoring wingers that we've been lacking..

Suarez and Coutinho will be playing as 'wingers' for us. We play with inside forwards though; they're basically CAMs. Not too sure how to explain it.

It's something like this:

Sturridge
Coutinho - Suarez
Eriksen
Gerrard Lucas
Enrique Agger Skrtel Johnson
Mignolet

Fullbacks provide width.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:19 am

I think (just trying to build some logic here), goalscoring midfielder is required because many times in our draw matches, when both wide forwards and CF are tightly marked and are not left with any space to work in, there comes the this CAM into picture. Those sudden and late cheeky runs inside the box, who can also work through those small spaces and finish to break the deadlock.

In the last friendly match of dortmund, the way Henrikh scored his goal can be an example of such situation that he got space to work because of space created by lewa.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:59 pm

Really hoping the Eriksen rumour is genuine. Would really love him here.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:24 pm

ynwa wrote:Really hoping the Eriksen rumour is genuine. Would really love him here.

Well definitely one of the most talked about topics for the commentators during the game! hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:18 pm

The Metro linking us with a move for Shaqiri . . Laughing 

Can't even comment on this too laughable Laughing 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:33 pm

Fahim89 wrote:The Metro linking us with a move for Shaqiri . . Laughing 

Any chance we might actually loan him out? Won't know what Pep is thinking until closer to the start of the season.

Either way, not sure how anyone is getting into that starting XI for Bayern. I have no idea why Thiago wants to come to us either, but I guess the bench for the best team in the world is better than an average United team.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:42 pm

Motogp69 wrote:

Any chance we might actually loan him out? Won't know what Pep is thinking until closer to the start of the season.

Either way, not sure how anyone is getting into that starting XI for Bayern. I have no idea why Thiago wants to come to us either, but I guess the bench for the best team in the world is better than an average United team.

Well the report suggests that you people might be open to a loan deal but LFC are interested on a Cash Deal. However, they also say it depends on Pep decides.

Anyhow its shite rumor anyway. can't see this going through or us being interested. Great player no doubt but can't find logic in this rumor.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:54 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
Motogp69 wrote:

Well the report suggests that you people might be open to a loan deal but LFC are interested on a Cash Deal. However, they also say it depends on Pep decides.

Anyhow its shite rumor anyway. can't see this going through or us being interested. Great player no doubt but can't find logic in this rumor.

Rodgers is attempting to create the Pep version of Barcelona in the Premier League, why wouldn't it be a good destination? Last I checked, Liverpool needs a stud right winger.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Motogp69 wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:
Motogp69 wrote:

Rodgers is attempting to create the Pep version of Barcelona in the Premier League, why wouldn't it be a good destination? Last I checked, Liverpool needs a stud right winger.

No for us a good buy without doubt but for the player a permanent move to us seems weird. I can understand why both Bayern & the player might want a loan move. However, i feel BR is looking for someone now who he can depend upon for the coming years. Not a loan move.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:03 pm

Motogp69 wrote: Last I checked, Liverpool needs a stud right winger.

Need?? That would be a major understatement. We are crying for one. Having Downing is the same as not having anyone playing their Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:55 pm

Actually, we may see Aspas on the right hand side more if sturridge continues his form of previous season

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:18 pm

Unsurprisingly, the links with Eriksen and Alderweireld have picked up again since our pursuits of Papadopoulos and Mkhitaryan have ended. Still no reliable sources reporting it, though.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-christian-eriksen-toby-2050211
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:55 am

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8823718/Transfer-news-Luis-Suarez-says-ambition-driving-Liverpool-exit-plans

Suarez pls go

He said: "If I receive an important offer to progress my career, I will study it. Some clubs have asked about me but I hand questions over to my agent. I am no stranger to rumours.

"I always want to improve. That's why I left Ajax for Liverpool.

"But this club needs to fight to enter the Champions League and, when it doesn't happen, it damages the morale of any player. So I've suffered.

"It is hard to view the Premier League every week with never a chance of winning it.

"On top of that, the English media do not understand me. The controversies with (Patrice) Evra and (Branislav) Ivanovic were decisive. There are always extra questions when people analyse me.

"After the Evra incident, it was very difficult to convince people about the 'real' Luis Suarez. Things had improved but then the incident involving Ivanovic was another blow.

"Had that not happened, perhaps I would have been regarded as the best Premier League player last season."
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:39 am

now more than ever we need to sign eriksen, seriously we cant cant take risk now. If he happens to go on the last few days of window, that may be a mental blow to the team. I am just waiting, when he comes to aussie tour, how things will unfold

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:48 pm

Frank De Boer, Manager Ajax wrote:"It is up to Christian what he wants," said De Boer. "If he feels good going to Liverpool, then it is up to him. I would want nothing more than having him with us for a few more years.

Don't know what this means. If it was before the Mkhitaryan fiasco would have been really happy. But now not sure of anything before Zaf is holding one of Eriksen's legs Razz 

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8823857/Transfer-news-Liverpool-encouraged-in-Christian-Eriksen-chase
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:46 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-pedro-chirivella-agrees-2053517#.UeLQb1CemSA.twitter

Some news on Chirivella at last.

Mirror also reporting Spearing holding out for a move to Bolton.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-flop-jay-spearing-turns-2053605
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:51 pm

Surprisingly Sky Source today say we dropped interest in Eriksen. Also various rumors suggest a more solid move for Bernard.

Rumors just flying around random! scratch 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:29 pm

I would imagine this is the time when most rumors would start to get their craziest with almost everyone report to pre-season training. Welcome to the Wild Wild West my friends :coffee: 
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:09 pm

Nishank wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-pedro-chirivella-agrees-2053517#.UeLQb1CemSA.twitter

Some news on Chirivella at last.

In around 2017 we're all going to be insanely happy that we were able to snatch this kid. Make it happy.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next