Better players ; Worse Teams?

2 posters

Go down

Better players ; Worse Teams? Empty Better players ; Worse Teams?

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:58 am

So I've been watching some old games lately, and it's interesting. On the one hand - players are definitely better to me more a result of increased professionalism than anything. Increases in fitness has led to a quicker pace - guys have less time on the ball so what they do is more impressive. But it seems as though we've lost some things.you look at how teams in the 90's organize themselves, the cohesion, the aptitude with which they seem to allocate roles within a team - and I don't think we have that today.

But the games I've watched aren't enough to make this type of value judgement. I'm watching specific classic games, and in a contemporary context I only watch a few teams with any sort of regularity.

I'd love to get the takes of people who experienced the game from the 90's or even straight up to the mid 2000's. Do you see a shift in this general direction? Is it that improvements in both players and teams has exposed deficiencies of team structure more than before? etc etc.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Better players ; Worse Teams? Empty Re: Better players ; Worse Teams?

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:23 am

The 90's was the most spectaculous era in every domain, including football.

PS: Maybe "the most spectaculous" was too far, cause I don't know many things about pre 90, but much better for sure than the 00's
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum