Helmer
Fahim89
Art Morte
Red Alert
McAgger
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

MIG no let in goals || Mignolet - Page 2 Empty Re: MIG no let in goals || Mignolet

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:41 am

Adit wrote:So what happens to Reina?

We'll soon find out now the Copa's finished.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

MIG no let in goals || Mignolet - Page 2 Empty Re: MIG no let in goals || Mignolet

Post by McAgger Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:03 pm

MIG no let in goals || Mignolet - Page 2 Migno_skill1
Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:05 pm

btw dat passion. Look at him celebrating Studge's goal

MIG no let in goals || Mignolet - Page 2 MIGNOLET-CELEBRATING-STURRIDGE-GOAL
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:58 am

The FA cup is ours this year. We're going to win it on penalties. Mig will save 2 or 3. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:28 am

A year since we've used his thread Surprised

Anyway, what are our thoughts on our goalkeeper situation?

I haven't watched any of our friendlies, but am reading some fan opinions that say Mignolet hasn't been exactly convincing. He was good last season, but not excellent.

Reina is still with the squad: Should we keep him even if there's an offer for him?

If Pepe leaves, should we buy a goalkeeper and possibly who? Someone who might claim the starting spot from Mignolet or someone who would be only a better-than-Brad-Jones cover?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:37 am

A young 'Better than Jones' cover.

I think Mig is a good keeper and he can still raise his performance by few notches. But I really like to see him pushed.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:19 am

Well, my timing was pretty nice there... So, Reina looks set to leave.

But do we have any opinions on our goalkeeping situation?
Happy to go into the season with Mignolet and Jones, Yes or No?

@Ifty
I don't see the point to buy a young goalkeeper to sit on the bench or bench Mignolet who is himself still quite young for a goalie.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:08 pm

we could have gone for Ochoa, not sure if he wanted to come but just saying in case if you guys wanted us to sign someone. The thing about Mig is, I had said that before he joined Liverpool and I am yet to be fully convinced by him. He doesnt have that authority in the box, like an arrogant biatch. I think he panics many times and it seems like our defenders also follow him when he does panic.

But lets see if he improves in that regard in this season.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:57 pm

Is there another Kahn out there somewhere we could swipe? I always like my keepers a little bit crazy.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:08 am

Least of our worries. The problems are the people playing infront of him.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:51 am

no he is also a problem :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:50 am

Red Alert wrote:Least of our worries. The problems are the people playing infront of him.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:03 am

Needs benching

2 gaols conceded in the last 2 games because of his indecisiveness.

I'd start Jones against west ham, and give him a chance. can't do worse than Mig. hopefully Valdes signs soon and we'll get a clear upgrade in the position with him.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:57 am

Overall he hasn't been as convincing as I would have liked, but the goals Villa and Ludo scored were hardly his fault.

It would be hard to say that Jones didn't deserve a start if he was to get one, but I don't know would it improve anything or anyone.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:25 pm

Get this guy out of the team. Woeful keeper. The Belgian Shay Given.

Brad Jones from now on please.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:34 pm

The thing is, he isn't making any awful mistakes, really, but we are conceding goals that rather too easily leave you thinking 'a better keeper might have prevented that'.

Let's put it this way that if a fully fit Victor Valdes was available tomorrow, I'd go ahead and sign him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:45 pm

^
Aston Villa goal = He comes out and stops midway instead of really scaring Agbonlahor by jumping into him to collect the ball

Ludogorets goal = Woeful decision to come off his line and not COMMIT AGAIN. What's the point of coming out if you won't commit, made it easy for striker

WHU first goal = It's 6 yard box. Come and collect/Punch the ball ffs. Command your area. He never does it

WHU second goal = Was made to look like a clown by Sakho with his very poor positioning.

Our centre backs aren't good enough, but having this clown behind them gives them no confidence whatsoever.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:27 am

His nerves are only natural when no one can defend...

We have 4 schoolboy defenders in front of him and no balance from midfield to defence.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:45 am

I never rated him and I wont rate him unless he starts performing consistently for us but it seems like performing for Sunderland and making thousand saves doesnt make him a keeper starting for a team like us

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:00 pm

He was never good enough for us. I always said that openly. He always starts to panic during the crosses/corners and he's letting in way too many scrappy goals. We should've gone for Keylor Navas in the summer but I would be pleased with Valdes now. This guy needs to be benched ASAP.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:34 am

Problem with Mignolet is that he is too reactive, relies much on purely his reflexes and overall is quite a limited goalkeeper. He seems to have no proper tutelage on how to react, read and render plays outside his makeshift ideas on being a goalkeeper.

Not only he instills little confidence on our back line, half the time he is indecisive and just...not very good. For a goalkeeper he is young yet aside from his magnificent start for LFC, I have noted nothing of impressive note.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:44 am

I guess this thread deserves a bump.

So, what's your opinion regarding Mig now??? Has he redeemed himself completely with his performance in last 10-12 games!!! Do you reckon he should be our #1 in 2015-16???

PS: where is Arqu???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:31 am

I have no idea who worked with him but he seems to be making better decisions consistently after Jones suffered that injury. From Natalies post, for whatever reason we criticized him, he removed all those mistakes from his game.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:27 pm

The one thing he hasn't improved on and still shits me is his clearances, 1 in 3 is awful. Considering we like to pass back to him a lot, he needs to improve that aspect as well.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:02 pm

I would still like to have someone else around to push him, or be there if he falters again. He seems very confidence based and right now he's flying high but if he were to have a dip in confidence again we can't challenge for the title/CL if he plays as he was playing before. Even if only for a few weeks it can prove crucial to any type of silverware or title we'll be vying for.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:09 pm

El Cujo wrote:I would still like to have someone else around to push him, or be there if he falters again. He seems very confidence based and right now he's flying high but if he were to have a dip in confidence again we can't challenge for the title/CL if he plays as he was playing before. Even if only for a few weeks it can prove crucial to any type of silverware or title we'll be vying for.
That goes without saying. Jones will leave in the summer so we will need another keeper in any case.

BTW, DCMJ, can you compile/source some great saves by Mig???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next