Albiceleste
sportsczy
Rebaño Sagrado
Abramovich
Great Leader Sprucenuce
54 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Official: Mario Gomez to Fiorentina - Page 6 Empty Re: Official: Mario Gomez to Fiorentina

Post by free_cat Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Makes no sense why Gomez would disregard his career only because of Steffan Effenberg or because he likes the culture in Firenze.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Official: Mario Gomez to Fiorentina - Page 6 Empty Re: Official: Mario Gomez to Fiorentina

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:43 pm

free_cat wrote:Makes no sense why Gomez would disregard his career only because of Steffan Effenberg or because he likes the culture in Firenze.

Fiorentina are playing the best football in Serie A, have the most ambitious owners and project and have a bright future ahead of them under an immensely talented Vincenzo Montella. Every player in Italia wants to join the team who are a joy to watch and will surely make Europe next season.

Last season they did not via Milan heroics yet even us Milanisti admit they deserved Top 3 as such is the magnitude and execution of their project.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:55 pm

I'm also pretty sure Germany's #1 striker not getting game time before the WC was on the Bayern board minds as well.

The only reason Gomez couldn't cement a place in Bayern is that he makes runs to make space for himself, Mandzukiç makes runs for the what suits the team and just synergises better with Müller & Robben because when he finds himself wide he can still cross while Gomez can't/doesn't even find himself in those positions. Gomez is not selfish actively but he is all about scoring goals, it's not like he doesn't try to be helpful in build-up play, but he just doesn't have the technique - I've seen him attempt some great passes and assists over the years but they just didn't work out because he isn't consistently good enough. Even his goal against Leverjusen reeks of bad technique.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:03 pm

Arquitescu wrote:
free_cat wrote:Makes no sense why Gomez would disregard his career only because of Steffan Effenberg or because he likes the culture in Firenze.

Fiorentina are playing the best football in Serie A, have the most ambitious owners and project and have a bright future ahead of them under an immensely talented Vincenzo Montella. Every player in Italia wants to join the team who are a joy to watch and will surely make Europe next season.

Last season they did not via Milan heroics yet even us Milanisti admit they deserved Top 3 as such is the magnitude and execution of their project.

Fiore's stadium is a ruin, they are not in the CL, they don't have money to sign big players and probably will let Jovetic go... how are they a big club and ambitious? I don't see it to be honest.
They might have played great football last season, but that's about it.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:14 pm

I did not say BIG club. Where have I said that? I declared Ambitious as the two are not synonymous.

No saying they'll let go of Jovetić yet even if he leaves they still have a superb project at hand with a young team and manager implementing some excellent ideas. Jovetic was phased out last season.

The rest I choose not to explain since I'm aware that you haven't followed Fiorentina's brilliance since the Della Valle\Montella project, so you won't be aware of why it is an attractive destination for footballers. It goes beyond JUST good football.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:16 pm

Yeah Arq's right, Fio are extremely ambitious, your comment just shows how little you follow them. Which is fine but you can't really argue against somebody who does.

Also, as far as Mario being vastly underappreciated. This is GL, goals count for very little here Laughing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:17 pm

I agree with Arq here. They play some fantastic stuff and have a very ambitious project. Games is the most important thing and Serie A is still the hardest league to score in. Gomez can only improve there imo and the service he will get there will be amazing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:10 pm

Well, Mario Gómez wanted a team where he'd be a regular starter as not to jeopardise his spot in the German NT for 2014. I guess Fiorentina were the club that would guarantee this more than the other clubs that were linked with him.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:28 am

He made the right choice tbh.

Fiorentina really only lack a pure finisher. Rossi could be that player, but obvious reasons prevented that and Toni was well over the hill. They needed a younger player and Gomez is perfect for the role.

They are the anti-Roma at this stage. The team that Roma should've and probably could've been if it had not been erratic decision-making and backroom politics.

/jealous rant
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:45 pm

Wilkommen in Florenz!
Official: Mario Gomez to Fiorentina - Page 6 1002325_10151545217083030_1279405311_n
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:56 pm

And he is a good-looking fella, that Mario Gomez. Those German eyes, that Spanish hair - dreamy.
Official: Mario Gomez to Fiorentina - Page 6 1021705597
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:06 pm

The real question is: who will score more goals, Gomez or Klose?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:54 pm

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:18 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
:facepalm:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:18 am

Nice to see something came of his friendship with Robben :coffee: 
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:03 am

Laughing

He's still a great player.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:17 am

When Fiorentina sells Ljacic, which is about to happen, will you guys still claim they've got such an ambitious project?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:27 am

Yes.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:37 am

free_cat wrote:When Fiorentina sells Ljacic, which is about to happen, will you guys still claim they've got such an ambitious project?
Ljajic is the party that wants to leave, Fiorentina's intention is to sign him a new contract.

How does that reflect on their ambition if they cannot control Ljajic's intention?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:32 pm

free_cat wrote:When Fiorentina sells Ljacic, which is about to happen, will you guys still claim they've got such an ambitious project?
Of course they are still ambitious, it isn't Fiorentina's fault the player wants to move to a superior club in Roma :bow: 
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:21 pm

According to Kicker.de Gomez rejected Real Madrid to go to Florence.

Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:01 pm

“Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti was interested,” the striker told Kicker in an interview. “I was flattered because my whole family are fans of Real Madrid.

“I thanked him for his interest, but I told my agent that I only wanted to go to Florence,” continued the €15.5m Viola signing.

“For me it was clear – I wanted to again keep giving everything properly and not to just play half the games in a top team and obtain many titles.

“I want to play Sunday, Wednesday, Sunday.”

That's a true footballer unlike the money chasers who are content with a substitute role.
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by inter1lachen Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:18 pm

Florence is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, if not the most beautiful. That might have influenced his wife/companion.

inter1lachen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:23 pm

InterMalia wrote: “Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti was interested,” the striker told Kicker in an interview. “I was flattered because my whole family are fans of Real Madrid.

“I thanked him for his interest, but I told my agent that I only wanted to go to Florence,” continued the €15.5m Viola signing.

“For me it was clear – I wanted to again keep giving everything properly and not to just play half the games in a top team and obtain many titles.

“I want to play Sunday, Wednesday, Sunday.”

That's a true footballer unlike the money chasers who are content with a substitute role.
Well, its partially because he's won many titles in the role he has now escaped. Going from Bayern to Real puts him in the same position. Now he can just focus on his football and if he retired tomorrow he still has a lot of trophies to his name

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:27 pm

Well, the next trophy he wants to target with likely be the World Cup with Germany - and to go to Brazil in top form, he has to play regularly.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:46 pm

Good decision by him..he wanted to start instead of rotating.....moving to Real wouldve been a mere side way move for him as DMzema is difficult to get benched.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next