Albiceleste
sportsczy
Rebaño Sagrado
Abramovich
Great Leader Sprucenuce
54 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Official: Mario Gomez to Fiorentina - Page 4 Empty Re: Official: Mario Gomez to Fiorentina

Post by Kick Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:06 am

Come to Chelsea. Proud

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Official: Mario Gomez to Fiorentina - Page 4 Empty Re: Official: Mario Gomez to Fiorentina

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:20 am

can't believe 90% of this forum honestly thought he would go to napoli
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:25 am

He's not leaving for anything that isn't top dog.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:26 am

VivaStPauli wrote:He's not leaving for anything that isn't top dog.

Hence why he is coming home. Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:29 am

I would love for you guys to get him simply because it would mean I don't have to watch that gimp Torres anymore.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:33 am

Why do you think I want him so badly. Laughing

It isn't any prettier for us to see Torres.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:38 am

gomez would take the EPL by storm, 100%
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:40 am

Toffer Harley wrote:gomez would take the EPL by storm, 100%

Seriously, where have you guys been, I've been the sole supporter of Gomez in the Chelsea section.

He would not be able to stop scoring with Mata, Oscar and Hazard behind him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:51 am

Kick wrote:
Toffer Harley wrote:gomez would take the EPL by storm, 100%

Seriously, where have you guys been, I've been the sole supporter of Gomez in the Chelsea section.

He would not be able to stop scoring with Mata, Oscar and Hazard behind him.

well i lurked around the shedend and other forums and i gotta admit its as if the only time they saw godmez was in last years final

show them the light godmez
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:54 am

I have seen a fair bit of him and know what a danger he is. Many have only seen him against us, and to be fair, I don't think any Bayern player had their shooting boots on that day.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:10 pm

mou apparently even wanted him his first year at bayern where vG only benched him cauz he didn't buy him..

now he is basically the "normal" gomez, ready to rock, he should want him even more now.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:12 pm

I hope so! He'll cost a lot less than Cavani as well!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:18 pm

I'm still kind of annoyed by the whole saga. It's extremely disrespectful towards Gomez. I know this is a difficult position to take, since a player of his stature would jump ship as well if the club didn't suit him, as he well did with Stuttgart.

But still, he had two seasons without injury, where he basically scored 50 goals in each, and frankly, he would've gotten his 30 odd goals this season as well had he gotten the nod ahead of Mandzukic.

And while we all love Mandzukics pressing, Bayern sold Olic for a reason - Mandzukic doesn't score enough. And it's not as if Gomez doesn't press at all. He did okay, when he played this season. He's come along nicely since his donkey days of the 2010 WC. I actually like his work rate.

Of course he's a shit tackler and lacks the instincts and positioning for proper interceptions, but his work rate is decent, and his poaching instincts are basically unmatched in the world.

To see a player of his calibre just offloaded for two work horses with , admittedly great, link-up play just seems so wrong.
But of course it surprises none of us, Pep was never going to play with an oldschool striker.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:18 pm

Yeah, Gomez is most likely going to Chelsea. They're going to love him, I think he is getting quite underrated here. He isn't as one dimensional as people love to make him out here aswell, even without the ball he is effective becouse he bullys the hell out of defenders.

His only issue is that he chokes in big games but honestly that's a mentality thing that he can get over... And he still managed to score vs. Madrid and Barca in the end.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:22 pm

I also doubt the whole "chokes in big games" thing, just because he f*cked up in one final. Other players f*cked up more, and the entire team just fell apart under pressure, it's hardly his fault.

And let's not forget that he won his fair share of quarter- and semi finals against big names, those are big games, too. He put Bayern past Real Madrid, it's not as if that's super easy. Just because they choked against Chelsea afterwards doesn't mean that hte Real Madrid match wasn't a super big game for Bayern - and Gomez was good in that one.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:26 pm

Also, to be robbed of ones place in the team by a selfish, ungrateful dickbag like Lewandowski just hurts my sense of justice.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:29 pm

it's true that gomez tackling is funny though. happens like every second game: defender X passes the ball away, over a second later gomez comes in and just runs him over. both fall down
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:33 pm

Yeah the issue isn't laziness, he just isn't good at tackles.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:37 pm

Viva's Gomez man-crush Proud

Don't worry, he will shine in a new team next season. I don't see why it has to be with Bayern...
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:38 pm

Because I watch all their games, FFS. And I'm lazy.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:40 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Because I watch all their games, FFS. And I'm lazy.

You are going to watch all Pep Guardiola matches. Never thought i would see the day Proud
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:50 pm

I so would love to see Mario Gomez coming to Dortmund and then Dortmund to take back the league and everything from Bayern, with Mario Götze and Robert Lewandowski to look "wtf?" Evil or Very Mad
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:53 pm

At least Götze had his move in his own hands and shut up about it, Lewandowski has been shit-talking his own club for months now, and his scumbag agent even said that Dortmund should just "accept" the move, as if Lewandowski hadn't signed a contract.

For one more year, Dortmund need to actually agree to a move. Lewandowski and his agent act like that isn't even the case, which is hugely disrespectful.

Also I frankly think Lewandowski is massively overrated.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:59 pm

rwo power wrote:I so would love to see Mario Gomez coming to Dortmund and then Dortmund to take back the league and everything from Bayern, with Mario Götze and Robert Lewandowski to look "wtf?" Evil or Very Mad

It'll be even funnier if/when they do it without getting Gomez.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:02 pm

Would lack the sweet nectar of revenge for Godmez, though.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:03 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Also I frankly think Lewandowski is massively overrated.
Well, Lewa defo needs quite a lot of chances to score. Mario Gomez needs far less.

lenear1030 wrote:It'll be even funnier if/when they do it without getting Gomez.
Naw, I wouldn't mind to see the Godmez get some more honours Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next