Albiceleste
sportsczy
Rebaño Sagrado
Abramovich
Great Leader Sprucenuce
54 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Official: Mario Gomez to Fiorentina - Page 5 Empty Re: Official: Mario Gomez to Fiorentina

Post by rwo power Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:03 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Also I frankly think Lewandowski is massively overrated.
Well, Lewa defo needs quite a lot of chances to score. Mario Gomez needs far less.

lenear1030 wrote:It'll be even funnier if/when they do it without getting Gomez.
Naw, I wouldn't mind to see the Godmez get some more honours Very Happy

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Official: Mario Gomez to Fiorentina - Page 5 Empty Re: Official: Mario Gomez to Fiorentina

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:09 pm

Laughing

Lets just forget that without service, Gomez is useless while Lewandowski even when Dortmund aren't creating anything have bailed them out by creating goals out of nothing and bailing them out numerous times.

Still the best striker in Bundesliga alongside Gomez as others don't come close.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:13 pm

How come Madrid aren't looking at this guy ??, cheaper than the likes of Rooney and Cavani. Sign him and he will score more goals than Benzema and Higuain
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:14 pm

hm nobody coming close, i dunno about that... max kruse would deserve an own appreciation thread. imo the darkhorse for germany's striker spot in 2014, he shouldn't be forgotten. but most people don't know him in the first place Smile
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:17 pm

Kießling, too. Outscored Lewa with far less service.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:23 pm

Toffer Harley wrote:hm nobody coming close, i dunno about that... max kruse would deserve an own appreciation thread. imo the darkhorse for germany's striker spot in 2014, he shouldn't be forgotten. but most people don't know him in the first place Smile

Kruse is a solid forward yet one good season in the Bundesliga cannot have him ranks among Gomez, Lewa & Pizzaro no? He has yet to prove himself in Europe as well.

I'd rate Meier ahead of any of them if it was my choice.
VivaStPauli wrote:Kießling, too. Outscored Lewa with far less service.

Yes, by one goals while staying in the box all the time whereas Lewa is drifting wide, dropping deep and linking up and not just anticipating or holding up play. Was afforded 3 more penalties as well as well as 3 games.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:31 pm

Arquitescu wrote:
Toffer Harley wrote:hm nobody coming close, i dunno about that... max kruse would deserve an own appreciation thread. imo the darkhorse for germany's striker spot in 2014, he shouldn't be forgotten. but most people don't know him in the first place Smile

Kruse is a solid forward yet one good season in the Bundesliga cannot have him ranks among Gomez, Lewa & Pizzaro no? He has yet to prove himself in Europe as well.

i didn't mean to say that, i was just streching the phrase "coming close" a bit. but with all those more classic CFs he is a breath of fresh air, especially for germany, as we're not blessed with many guys like him.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:33 pm

It's not as if Kießling tied himself to the 5 yard box, he did his share of supporting. Also outassisted Lewa by 3. In a decidedly inferior team.

I agree about Kruse though, too early to tell. Meier is one underrated SOB, but probably too old now, plus Löw is an idiot, that doesn't help.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:40 pm

Toffer Harley wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:

i didn't mean to say that, i was just streching the phrase "coming close" a bit. but with all those more classic CFs he is a breath of fresh air, especially for germany, as we're not blessed with many guys like him.

In that respect I apologize then, Toffer. Guys like Meier and Kruse are indeed a breath of fresh air and represent Germany's modern tutelage of talent of their forwards. Its a fantastic evidence of progress.

VivaStPauli wrote:It's not as if Kießling tied himself to the 5 yard box, he did his share of supporting. Also outassisted Lewa by 3. In a decidedly inferior team.

I agree about Kruse though, too early to tell. Meier is one underrated SOB, but probably too old now, plus Löw is an idiot, that doesn't help.

You have some good points. But we also must consider the difference of playing for the current Dortmund and playing for the current Leverkusen. Lewandowski with the added pressure of Europe and the high expectations of Dortmund (Klopp), which surely adds an element of burden to ones game. I find Kiessling a better finisher who excels above Lewandowski in some of the natural CF traits but Lewa overall as a footballer. Kiessling is in his prime and doesn't have much long (unless he is Ibra) while Lewa at his age has proven to be a very good CF at a relatively young age.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:09 pm

ELO wrote:So Napoli apparently is no option anymore...

German newspapers Bild and kicker reported that allegedly Fiorentina, Man City and Chelsea are the most likely candidates...

Di Marzio Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:01 pm

Di GOAT Marzio :bow: Proud

Amazing signing for them.

Time to lock thread i suppose ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Gomez for under 20m.
What a bargain!
Still can't believe more clubs weren't in the mix.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Berbatov Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:04 pm

His parting words on Facebook were so sad. Sad
Berbatov
Berbatov
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Betis

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:13 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:He's not leaving for anything that isn't top dog.

hmm
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:15 pm

I was either wrong, or Fiorentina are top dogs now.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:18 pm

Fiorentina are a rising and ambitious club with a great manager, not surprising gomez liked their project.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Just saw this thread, I agree....Gomez in an exciting and ambitious project it seems, will definitely keep an eye on Florentina this season.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Go through my posts in this thread and you'll see why I have such an high opinion of myself. Proud

Hypebeasts linking him with Juve, Chelsea, City, Madrid etc and he ends up at a 3rd tier club. Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:32 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Gomez for under 20m.
What a bargain!
Still can't believe more clubs weren't in the mix.

Gil wrote:by Gil on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Go through my posts in this thread and you'll see why I have such an high opinion of myself.

Hypebeasts linking him with Juve, Chelsea, City, Madrid etc and he ends up at a 3rd tier club.

I wrote:Guys, Fiorentina had it easy with Bayern because the two clubs are on excellent relations. Why?

Stefan Effenberg. The guy is literally an ambassador to Fiorentina in Germany and an honorary advisor like Zidane to Madrid.

He was responsible for Luca Toni and now he encouraged Bayern to sell Mario to Fiorentina. He has huge influence in Bayern and Fiorentina respectively. Theres a reason top clubs did not have a chance when it came to buying him in this price range.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:49 am

He should of just signed for us in 2010. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:47 am

How is it possible that Chelsea, Atletico Madrid or Tottenham didn't bid more for Gomez?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:56 pm

He's not that good and the use of a poacher is in decline. Don't get those that rate him so heavily.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:14 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:He's not that good and the use of a poacher is in decline. Don't get those that rate him so heavily.

I don't rate him very heavily, but surely Gomez > Torres, Ba, Diego Costa and Adebayor, no?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:32 pm

free_cat wrote:How is it possible that Chelsea, Atletico Madrid or Tottenham didn't bid more for Gomez?
From what I read, he wanted to go to Fiorentina and nowhere else. Maybe he likes the climate and culture there?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:37 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:He's not that good and the use of a poacher is in decline. Don't get those that rate him so heavily.

How can he be not that good when he scored 19 goals in 32 apps last year; more than half of them sub apps? I don't even have to mention his excellent European record or being extremely prolific for Bayern & Stuttgart when he isn't injured.

Myth needs to die that he is a poacher when he spends his time holding the ball and linking up often within the box. His anticipatory runs do not equal him as a poacher. Poachers are guys like Huntelaar or Pizzaro.

rwo wrote:From what I read, he wanted to go to Fiorentina and nowhere else. Maybe he likes the climate and culture there?

Stefan Effenberg.

Responsible for the whole transfer as he has a big role with Fiorentina and Bayern equally. Substantial influence in both clubs and held the advisor role to Gomez.

Without him Viola wouldn't acquire Gomez.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Makes no sense why Gomez would disregard his career only because of Steffan Effenberg or because he likes the culture in Firenze.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum