stevieg8
Zealous
RealGunner
63 posters

Page 11 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones - Part 2 - Page 11 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - Part 2

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:34 am

Dany is dumb and lucky. Only way she gets on the iron throne is if someone holds her hand and carries her all the way there.

Edit : Though the show somewhat diverges from that depiction of her.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:35 am

I can understand many of the complaints coming from people who only watch the show. I am honestly avoiding the books because I feel as though I would get sick of the series if I read them. The only thing that allows me to continue watching the show each season is the breaks in between.

While I've never been a fan of fairy tale "they all lived happily ever after" endings or stories that just involve heroes defeating stereotypical villains (they generally come across as flat and uninspiring) I do expect SOME amount of positive return for the emotional investment in characters that are decent human beings. This series (books and show) make a habit of flipping that on its head too often for my taste. If I really wanted to see the rich assholes getting richer and the (semi) decent people getting stepped on, screwed over, or killed I'd just watch the nightly news.

Even as it is it wouldn't be so bad if there was an end in sight, but given that he's still writing the books and has not even (as far as I'm aware) laid out a road map for the number of books in the series I'm seriously questioning my drive to stick out the story. The style and "twist" habits are beginning to wear out their welcome for me.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:38 am

IMO the irone throne will be irrelevant in the end. I think Winter is still the main concept in the show. Once the winter arrives and the white walkers are in full flow, then shit will be real.

Maybe the kingdoms will be destroyed.

Daenery is still in a strong position but going by the George Martin's ideology, she will mess up big time. I don't trust Sir Jorah either. If Daenery fall in love with that long haired guy then Jorah won't like that.

Lannisters are still the strongest family though.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:39 am

My one worry is that GoT end up overplaying the twist card.

As good as a shocking twist can be, such as the Red Wedding was, I don't think many people would enjoy a majorly shocking ending where everybody you grew to like is dead, defeated or not the person you thought they would be.

So yes, twists are good and can be a very powerful thing. But, at the end of the day I expect some form of good not to get stamped on.

I'm a massive fan of GoT, definitely not bored of it. But I agree there is a danger of twists becoming an all too regular occurance and good people getting nowhere.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:46 am

Le Samourai wrote:Dany is dumb and lucky. Only way she gets on the iron throne is if someone holds her hand and carries her all the way there.

Edit : Though the show somewhat diverges from that depiction of her.

My prediction is Jaahwn Sneeeeuhr taking her hand carrying her to the Iron Throne.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:47 am

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:My one worry is that GoT end up overplaying the twist card.

As good as a shocking twist can be, such as the Red Wedding was, I don't think many people would enjoy a majorly shocking ending where everybody you grew to like is dead, defeated or not the person you thought they would be.

So yes, twists are good and can be a very powerful thing. But, at the end of the day I expect some form of good not to get stamped on.

I'm a massive fan of GoT, definitely not bored of it. But I agree there is a danger of twists becoming an all too regular occurance and good people getting nowhere.

My sweet summer child Game of Thrones - Part 2 - Page 11 Nope Winter is coming!!
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:54 am

Can a bastard sit on the throne??

And how many books is left to be released 2?
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:57 am

Jon isn't only a bastard, he's also a crow Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:00 am

LeGladiator wrote:Can a bastard sit on the throne??

And how many books is left to be released 2?

if a bastard can build an army and take everyone else out, then anyone can be King
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:01 am

LeGladiator wrote:Can a bastard sit on the throne?

Isn't a bastard sitting on the throne right now?
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:06 am

SaintJoe wrote:

Hiyooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:12 am

SaintJoe wrote:

Yeah, but they don't know that he's a bastard.

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:13 am

RedOranje wrote:I can understand many of the complaints coming from people who only watch the show. I am honestly avoiding the books because I feel as though I would get sick of the series if I read them. The only thing that allows me to continue watching the show each season is the breaks in between.

While I've never been a fan of fairy tale "they all lived happily ever after" endings or stories that just involve heroes defeating stereotypical villains (they generally come across as flat and uninspiring) I do expect SOME amount of positive return for the emotional investment in characters that are decent human beings. This series (books and show) make a habit of flipping that on its head too often for my taste. If I really wanted to see the rich assholes getting richer and the (semi) decent people getting stepped on, screwed over, or killed I'd just watch the nightly news.

Even as it is it wouldn't be so bad if there was an end in sight, but given that he's still writing the books and has not even (as far as I'm aware) laid out a road map for the number of books in the series I'm seriously questioning my drive to stick out the story. The style and "twist" habits are beginning to wear out their welcome for me.

This is the whole point though. Everything you think you know about a character at first may not be the whole story. After season 1 who here out of the show watchers thought they would like Jaime after season 3?

RealGunner wrote:I actually didn't think there will be a spoiler right in the 1st post Laughing

But that spoiler didn't come as a shock since i knew it would happen eventually so i am not feeling that bad.

Sorry you had to see that man but don't feel too bad, you know what will happen but I don't think you know how or when it will happen which is basically 90% of the fun. eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:16 am

(None of these are spoilers, just images)

Spoiler:

Think back to season one:

Spoiler:

Oh, and for the non-book readers:

Spoiler:

After this, I feel sorry for the those that watch How I Met Your Mother, and entire season stuck at a wedding. Ruined forever.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:23 am

Like I said, that's a negative return on an emotional investment Zeal. It's also something that I can get on the nightly news. And I still don't like or feel sorry for Jaime.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:28 am

After every Lord and all their sons and daughters in Westeros are dead because of war/dragons/whitewalkers/winter/marriages , little Rickon is of age and decides one day go to king's landing and claim to be the rightfull king , a little bird of Varys told him he has claim now . He arrives at King Landing and finds Littlefinger and Varys drinking wine and laughing at the people who thought they ruled westeros back in the day . They make Rickon Stark king though , because they can't control the mob without a muppet king . Then on the same day he gets to know he'll be king , Arya after years of intense ninja training with Jacken H'gar , will not recognise Rickon after all these years , thinking him as a Lannister , kills him and gets the rightfull claim to queenship by conquest.

But somehow Bran then appears on Hondor's back and witness the killing , then he gets mad and wargs into Hodor and says " Hodor " and kills her before Arya can explain what an idiot he is . Littlefinger then approves and talks about how he succesfuly climbed the lader whilst being crippled and played the game and won when everybody was dead and how he had always been a friend to his mother and father . Some months later , Hodor apparently went mad and killed Bran , Littlefinger could confirm hmm

When asked by Grand Meister Pycelle , who had turned into a wight during the winter but didn't mean anything since he was already an ugly old man even before the winter came , asked him how did Bran die , Hondor says "Hondor" and Varys orders his execution .

So with now every lordly claim definitely dead , Varys reveals he actualy has a pennis and balls intact and it's the last thing he gets to see , shot by the crossbow Joffrey used to play. Varys stands up , puts his pants on and says to the dead Littlefinger "Chaos is a pit" and then walks to the Iron Throne and rules Westeros once and for all. However , after years away from sex he couldn't help himself and ruled only for a couple of years , eventualy died from an aphrodisiac disease .Grand Meister Pycele who's still alive , remembers that Aemon Targaryen had royal claim and used to be a maester in the Night's watch and sents ravens everywhere to find out if he's alive. Days later someone brings a letter which says " a man can take you where the Dragon Meister is" and before he can say anything , the man with the long hair slits Pycele's throat for all the bad stuff he did against the Starks .The last face he sees is that of Ned Stark , which was Jacken H'ghar who wanted to troll Pycelle after S01E09 .

He then sits on the Iron Throne with infinite coolness and swagg and rules like a boss.

My theory about GoT Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:50 am

:bow:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:53 am

Zealous wrote:

RealGunner wrote:I actually didn't think there will be a spoiler right in the 1st post Laughing

But that spoiler didn't come as a shock since i knew it would happen eventually so i am not feeling that bad.

Sorry you had to see that man but don't feel too bad, you know what will happen but I don't think you know how or when it will happen which is basically 90% of the fun. eco smile

This is just for Zeal. Not a spoiler but still don't read it please. Hints are powerful enough.

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:53 am

Dante wrote:After every Lord and all their sons and daughters in Westeros are dead because of war/dragons/whitewalkers/winter/marriages , little Rickon is of age and decides one day go to king's landing and claim to be the rightfull king , a little bird of Varys told him he has claim now . He arrives at King Landing and finds Littlefinger and Varys drinking wine and laughing at the people who thought they ruled westeros back in the day . They make Rickon Stark king though , because they can't control the mob without a muppet king . Then on the same day he gets to know he'll be king , Arya after years of intense ninja training with Jacken H'gar , will not recognise Rickon after all these years , thinking him as a Lannister , kills him and gets the rightfull claim to queenship by conquest.

But somehow Bran then appears on Hondor's back and witness the killing , then he gets mad and wargs into Hodor and says " Hodor " and kills her before Arya can explain what an idiot he is . Littlefinger then approves and talks about how he succesfuly climbed the lader whilst being crippled and played the game and won when everybody was dead and how he had always been a friend to his mother and father . Some months later , Hodor apparently went mad and killed Bran , Littlefinger could confirm hmm

When asked by Grand Meister Pycelle , who had turned into a wight during the winter but didn't mean anything since he was already an ugly old man even before the winter came , asked him how did Bran die , Hondor says "Hondor" and Varys orders his execution .

So with now every lordly claim definitely dead , Varys reveals he actualy has a pennis and balls intact and it's the last thing he gets to see , shot by the crossbow Joffrey used to play. Varys stands up , puts his pants on and says to the dead Littlefinger "Chaos is a pit" and then walks to the Iron Throne and rules Westeros once and for all. However , after years away from sex he couldn't help himself and ruled only for a couple of years , eventualy died from an aphrodisiac disease .Grand Meister Pycele who's still alive , remembers that Aemon Targaryen had royal claim and used to be a maester in the Night's watch and sents ravens everywhere to find out if he's alive. Days later someone brings a letter which says " a man can take you where the Dragon Meister is" and before he can say anything , the man with the long hair slits Pycele's throat for all the bad stuff he did against the Starks .The last face he sees is that of Ned Stark , which was Jacken H'ghar who wanted to troll Pycelle after S01E09 .

He then sits on the Iron Throne with infinite coolness and swagg and rules like a boss.

My theory about GoT Proud

Brilliant Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:55 am

Thaat is a very creative and spectacular prediction, however you are a child of summer and winter is coming!! :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:06 am

McAgger wrote:Thaat is a very creative and spectacular prediction, however you are a child of summer and winter is coming!! :coffee:

why , you think i am wrong Laughing

Seriously though , i do have a semi-ongoing theory about the ending .. i just want to finish the last two books first. I just don't want to rush it because i am not sure when GRRM will publish the Winds of Winter..

I won't be a child of summer for long though Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:10 am

Note to all the non book readers

Look twice before u click on the last post icon. Since the thread might be the one of the one BC created
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:11 am

Wonder what will be Sansa's reaction. She saw her dad getting chopped. Now her Mother and Robb who she thought will win the war.

Should just take an axe and chop Tywin imo
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:14 am

RG, how do I attach a tweet directly to a post here? Or isn't that possible?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:15 am

Just copy paste the tweet over here ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:21 am

RealGunner wrote:Wonder what will be Sansa's reaction. She saw her dad getting chopped. Now her Mother and Robb who she thought will win the war.

Should just take an axe and chop Tywin imo

Can't spell Tywin without spelling win bro. There's no way he's getting killed by Stark scum :coffee:
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next