Why is there a lot of talk about 'Bayern's/Germany's era' starting?

+23
rwo power
zigra
cyberman
dostoevsky
Hapless_Hans
M99
lszanto
Motogp69
iftikhar
ioilersrock448
windkick
BarcaLearning
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
Ganso
RED
StrugaRock
Zealous
Gil
Valkyrja
DeletedUser#1
Suarez99
Onyx
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why is there a lot of talk about 'Bayern's/Germany's era' starting? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is there a lot of talk about 'Bayern's/Germany's era' starting?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:^^ Klopp's primary task this summer should be improving on Bender. Gundagon had to do it all himself last night and hence he faded. If he had a partner like Martinez, things would have been very different.

I do agree but mainly because Kehl is getting older and for a player like that you will likely tire quicker.

Obviously majority of signings should be to improve the depth.

Their bench compared to Bayern is a joke but obviously Gotze and Lewa have to be replaced first and foremost.

I think they can come out of it in a positive light though.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Why is there a lot of talk about 'Bayern's/Germany's era' starting? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is there a lot of talk about 'Bayern's/Germany's era' starting?

Post by iftikhar Sun May 26, 2013 8:35 pm

Their R/LWB are not as strong as rest of their team. And yes they will need some depth signings if they want the fairytale to continue. Then again, we only know about a player when he plays for senior team. Don't think they are just going to just sit on this sackfull of money.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun May 26, 2013 9:33 pm

Right, but even if Malagas 2nd goal was also offside - the result of 1-1 was till Malagas win. But who knows what would of happened and whats done is done. My point is that La Liga is still doing better over all in UCL and Europa over the past 4 years or so. Even if Dortmund or Bayern stay on the same level or improve, over all that does not mean the entire Bundis is improving. If anything it means its staying the same
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Mon May 27, 2013 3:13 am

Luck is the only thing that will save the rest of the world from this Bayern team. It saved Chelsea last year. To think, we should be going for three in a row :coffee:

Admittedly, outside of "luck", I think the only thing that could take us down next season is too much tinkering in the transfer market by Pep.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon May 27, 2013 3:42 am

The biggest thing that this bayern team has going for it is depth of squad. They could field their 3rd string team and they'd still beat almost every team in the Bundesliga, that's what happens when you buy each teams best player every year.

There are a few teams such as Barca/Juventus that could easily beat Bayern if they make a few of the right signings this window imo.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:16 pm

Era already over? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 01, 2014 10:30 am

MT :bow:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 01, 2014 1:32 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Era already over? hmm

Yep, looks that way Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu May 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Given Dortmund's spirited performances even whilst missing numerous first team players and the strength of Bayern Munich's current squad, which will be further reinforced next season, quite obviously not. This is not something that should even require stating, however someone has to do it and to protect our fine German posters from accusations of bias, I'll say it.

German football's progression to its current state has been about the longstanding commitment to the blooding of youth to play in a particular way. It has had proven success and will continue to bear fruit in the future.

I would take issue with the idea of attributing eras to certain clubs and nations. Even when certain leagues are at a high point, football is far too competitive and dynamic a business to justify narrowing our praise in such a fashion. Germany certainly shouldn't be lauded to the detriment of other strong teams and leagues, however it would be absurd to suggest that German football is somehow weaker now. Even given a convincing scoreline this week, Bayern remain an incredibly strong team who must again be considered to be amongst the favourites for next year's CL. Winning consecutive European titles is an incredibly difficult feat. Failing to do so hardly means the end of a period of strength.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu May 01, 2014 3:09 pm

United were a cheating bayern ref surrounding scum away from having an easy route to the cl final in 2010.. wouldve made it 4 finals in a row for us. that team was the closest any team have come to defending the cl crown.
When torres scored last night, they were on course to have a huge chance to win 3 european trophies in a row.
i hate the talk of eras, people will look back at the likes of barca and call it their era when there were a few teams fractionally behind them in the accomplishments totumpole

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu May 01, 2014 3:39 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Era already over? hmm

Yep, looks that way Laughing

Oh Hans, please go away (or leave your signatures elsewhere).
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu May 01, 2014 3:40 pm

cyberman wrote: that team was the closest any team have come to defending the cl crown.
 What a Face 
I think we were closer to defending the crown in 1996.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu May 01, 2014 3:49 pm

Here we go again Smile Bayern's domination should still continue, unless something major develops that Pep stuffs it up or the players dont like him or the motivation is lost. If not, they will still be an absolute top side for a while to come. I think they will need to adopt even mroe to Pep's style in order to 'improve' frm this season, or Pep himself needs to evolve a bit and sort out the teams weaknesses.

On the other hand, the 3 Spanish teams showed the Spanish era still well alive, since last few years, Barca and Real pushed each other to such high levels, Atletico then also caught up with Simone's great influence. I just hope Real wont start to dominate which they clearly could and perhaps start an era of their own Razz

The most amazing thing about Real this season I think is the have managed to be defensively so solid, but all without a Khedira type. Lately they've been so good defensively with Alonso and Modric in the middle with Bale/Di MAria/Isco, all 4 are very good technical and play makers at the same time, its just so complete having Modric nwo instead of Khedira!!! Whether that will last and be efffective in the long term we still have to see, but with Bale settling in, and Cavarjal I think completing that defense, they are now complete team having ben at a very high level for a few years already.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu May 01, 2014 4:08 pm

Secret agent Pep made sure that the Spanish era would continue :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Thu May 01, 2014 4:16 pm

rwo power wrote:Secret agent Pep made sure that the Spanish era would continue :coffee:

RWO knows whats up  Proud 
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu May 01, 2014 5:57 pm

All those secret managers are destroying modern football... miss them golden times when it was about doping and match fixing only  Crying or Very sad 
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu May 01, 2014 9:16 pm

Bayern's reign at the top was short like leprechaun  :coffee: 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu May 01, 2014 10:04 pm

cyberman wrote:United were a cheating bayern ref surrounding scum away from having an easy route to the cl final in 2010.. wouldve made it 4 finals in a row for us. that team was the closest any team have come to defending the cl crown.
When torres scored last night, they were on course to have a huge chance to win 3 european trophies in a row.
i hate the talk of eras, people will look back at the likes of barca and call it their era when there were a few teams fractionally behind them in the accomplishments totumpole

It's a decent point but I think people tend to lump it together as Barcelona's era (I do and think it should be) because Spain has been so strong winning so many big trophies as well and the starters on those Spain teams were made up of so many of the Barca starting 11.

It was almost like every time you turned on a football tournament you saw those Barca players lifting up so many different trophies. I mean here was the starting 11 in the world cup final - Barca players in bold

Casillas, Ramos, Pique, Puyol, Capdevila, Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Xavi Hernandez, Iniesta, Pedro & David Villa.

I mean that is crazy and again since you don't get to see Spain week in and week out it turns into a Barca era not a Spain era which it should be since they basically powered Spain to get over the hump and win trophies that some insanely talented Spain teams always found a way to screw up in the past.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 18, 2014 12:05 pm

Are Germany favorites to win the WC ?
Are Bayern favorites for next year's CL ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun May 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Well, as the English use to say - "you can never count out the Germans" Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 19, 2014 1:32 am

Both definitely are. Germany have one of the top 3 squads at the WC and they can play in a versatile way. A lot of the players are comfortable with pressing, defending and retaining possession.

In terms of Bayern, I'm sure after this season Pep's found what his weaknesses are and someone as skilled as him will most likely fix them in time for next season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon May 19, 2014 1:40 am

Well, frankly I hope that next season at least Dortmund and Schalke will give Bayern a run for their money in the BL. They can't have as many injuries again as last season.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon May 19, 2014 5:22 am

anyone know dortmund's transfer budget for this year?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon May 19, 2014 8:13 am

REWB wrote:anyone know dortmund's transfer budget for this year?
As little as possible, as much as nercessary, I guess. (German teams usually don't explicitely tell how much they have available as they don't want to get themselves in a bad bargaining position.)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 19, 2014 1:19 pm

rwo power wrote:
REWB wrote:anyone know dortmund's transfer budget for this year?
As little as possible, as much as nercessary, I guess. (German teams usually don't explicitely tell how much they have available as they don't want to get themselves in a bad bargaining position.)

At least Watzke said publicly they're willing to 'significantly' net-spend this summer -which they didn't do in many years. I guess with the transfers already done and the ones apparently in the works (Ginter, Immobile) it will be around 40-50m €.
Don't know if anyone will leave, Schieber probably but I don't think he's expensive.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2