Harmonica
The Franchise
billy_gr
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Season player rating Empty Season player rating

Post by billy_gr Mon May 20, 2013 12:41 pm

So here it is. What was our players’ performance throughout the season ranking 10 as the highest?
Giving reasoning would be great too
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Season player rating Empty Re: Season player rating

Post by The Franchise Mon May 20, 2013 1:06 pm

Call me Mr. Negative but I don't see this goin too well lol

So many polarazing figures with Alba, Alves, the entire frontline, Cesc, Pique and more.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon May 20, 2013 1:07 pm

Ratings affected also how much player played.

Messi 10, doesn't even need a reason, but carried the team Maradona/Napoli style is one of them
Iniesta 8.5, great first half, decent second half, less injuries
Alba 8, great little dynamo
Valdes 8, great professional, the departure rumours didn't affect the performance at all
Fabregas 7.5, great first half, ran out of gas totally in the second, still our second most decisive player on the league title
Xavi 7, I think he was mostly average to his standards, mostly playing it safe, slowing attacks
Villa 7, didn't play awfully lot but was great in the first half, like others ran out of gas a little
Sanchez 7, one of the few who played the same throughout the season, finally added finishing and self-belief at the end of the season
Alves 7, not so good start, but improved throughout the season, just to be played too much at the end
Adriano 7, great goals here and there, ultimate squad player, made out of glass
Busquets 7
Song 7
Tello 7
Thiago 7
Puyol 6.5
Mascherano 6.5
Pique 6.5
Montoya 6.5
Bartra 5
Pedro 5, worst performer for me
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon May 20, 2013 1:27 pm

^ Pretty much the same for me, although I would give Iniesta a 9..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 20, 2013 2:39 pm

I thought you jiopsi considered whoscored index very accurate. Yet you put Pedro with a 5 when he has a better rating that Malexis.

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/65

My ratings would be:

Valdes: 4 His season deserves a 6 or 6.5, but his antics after refusing to renovate were a bad influence on our team, hence the 4.
Pinto: 6.5
Alves: Half a season he deserved a 4.5 at most, the other half a 7.5, hence an average of 6.
Piqué: 7
Puyol: 6.5
Alba: 7
Montoya: 6
Bartra: 6.5
Mascherano: 4
Adriano: 8 (when fit he was enormous but he's never fit so should be sold)
Busquets: 7 (his worst season for us, probably due to his injury.
Song: 6.5 (games at CB penalize him, otherwise same as Busquets).
Xavi: 6.5
Iniesta: 7.5 (Great half of the season, invisible in big games at the end).
Thiago: 7
Cesc: Until december he deserves an 8, after that at most a 4.5, average = 6,25
David Villa: 4.9
Tello: 7
Alexis Sanchez: 4.5
Messi: 9.5
Pedro: 4.9
Eric Abidal and Jonathan Dos Santos: N/A.

Also, never understood why people refuses to give players less than a 5. If they failed, they deserve less than a 5 that's why Mascherano, Pedro, Alexis an Villa desve a failed mark.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon May 20, 2013 3:22 pm

free_cat wrote:I thought you jiopsi considered whoscored index very accurate. Yet you put Pedro with a 5 when he has a better rating that Malexis.

Whoscored doesn't consider the playing time in the quality rating. More minutes you play per game, higher your rating usually reaches because your statistics rise during the game.

Sanchez 27 games, 1600min
Pedro 26 games, 1950min

Pedro played 27% more per game, which explains he actually got better overall rating, when he actually played worse. Sanchez was also more decisive in the league, which the rating also doesn't take into consideration.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 20, 2013 4:50 pm

Harmonica wrote:
free_cat wrote:I thought you jiopsi considered whoscored index very accurate. Yet you put Pedro with a 5 when he has a better rating that Malexis.

Whoscored doesn't consider the playing time in the quality rating. More minutes you play per game, higher your rating usually reaches because your statistics rise during the game.

Sanchez 27 games, 1600min
Pedro 26 games, 1950min

Pedro played 27% more per game, which explains he actually got better overall rating, when he actually played worse. Sanchez was also more decisive in the league, which the rating also doesn't take into consideration.

Nice way to try and save your face, but the difference is negligible and anyway wouldn't justify at all a difference of 2 points in rating.

There's also the opposite effect, which is that coming on as a sub you usually do better because your opposition is tired, but I guess you wouldn't like to consider that because it would be bad for Malexis rating.

Also, I understand we are rating for the whole season not league only.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon May 20, 2013 5:06 pm

Saving face? Laughing Tell me, why in everything that's holy, would I need to save my face in the Barcelona section, ever? I couldn't care less what any of you so called "fans" think of me.

Once again you don't understand the whoscored rating, when you come as a sub you have less time to affect the rating, or in other words collect statistics.

Pedro played 27% more per game, but had almost the same rating. Now you can calculate how much more did Sanchez do with same time.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 20, 2013 5:25 pm

Saving face in relation to the incoherence of saying you think the rating is very accurate to then just ignore it and fall prey to your biases.

Off course I understand how it works. I also understand that if you come on the 70th minute and score a goal or assist vs a tired opposition you'll get a good rating and that's been Alexis case in several games. Opposite effect of Pedro's.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon May 20, 2013 5:31 pm

free_cat wrote:Saving face in relation to the incoherence of saying you think the rating is very accurate to then just ignore it and fall prey to your biases.

Off course I understand how it works. I also understand that if you come on the 70th minute and score a goal or assist vs a tired opposition you'll get a good rating and that's been Alexis case in several games. Opposite effect of Pedro's.
I just explained in a general level you how I can rate player 5 vs. 7, when whoscored rates them 7 vs 7, and they both actually mean almost the same.

What is interesting though, that I did that without even looking the ratings subconsciously. Further proof how accurate the ratings are. At least on my mind.

Too bad you don't understand any of it.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 20, 2013 6:51 pm

1 Víctor Valdés: His weakest season since 08/09. Didn't do particularly awful but we know he is capable of much more. Cost us the supercup, but that's a mickey mouse cup anyway. 6/10
2 Dani Alves: Off to a rocky start but good 2nd half of the season. 6/10
3 Gerard Piqué: His best season since 2010/11, had to marshall the defense in spite of seemingly playing with a difference partner every game and having two FBs that provided relatively little support. Doesn't show the leadersip skills many of us hoped he would develop. 7.5/10
4 Cesc Fàbregas: Strong first half of the season, not so strong second half. An improvement over his past season and seems to be finding his place at Barca. 6.5/10
5 Carles Puyol: Of the 13 league matches he played, he was subbed in once and subbed out 5 times. Simply didn't play enough to judge. N/A
6 Xavi: a season plagued by inconsistency with some huge performances in big games (vs Milan) and some where we barely noticed he was played. 6/10
7 David Villa: Efficient when fit and when he received a chance, took up a sacrificial role as a poacher (when he is much more than that) for the best of the team without a complaint. Consistently looked like the 2nd forward most likely to score a goal. 7/10
8 Andrés Iniesta: While his performance in the beginning of the season (often played at LW) were fantastic his influenced waned as the season progressed. 7.5/10
9 Alexis Sánchez: While inconsistent and terrible in front of the goal he worked his ass off, provided good defensive cover, width and got into scoring positions. Ultimately however he failed to prove he was a smart investment in his second season. 6/10
10 Lionel Messi: Carried the team even as almost every other forward was having a finishing crisis. 8.5/10
11 Thiago: A future star in the marking. Keeps showing glimpses of his potential but failed to impress enough that he got more minutes. 6.5/10
12 Jonathan dos Santos: He still plays for us? N/A
13 José Manuel Pinto: Had to sub in for Valdes in more league matches than usual and performed his job very well given his limitations. 7/10
14 Javier Mascherano: A regression considered to his previous season, got injured just as he was finding his form. 5.5/10
15 Marc Bartra: Did well when called upon, will go into the summer wondering if Barca will ever see him as something more than 5th choice CB. 6/10
16 Sergio Busquets: His most inconsistent season since, well, ever? Still provided his usual displays of class but went missing in some big games (both legs of PSG come to mind) 6.5/10
17 Pedro: About the only thing we can say about Pedro's season is that he worked very hard. Other than that, he didn't treat us to the usual level of runs, dribbles and finishing that he had us used to. 5.5/10
18 Jordi Alba: While I have many problems with starting Jordi Alba from a tactical perspective, I don't fault him for the defensive frailties of the team. For a debut season he did well, although he will have to improve his positioning significantly if he wants to keep that LB starting role for a long time. 6.5/10
19 Martín Montoya: Did well when played as a RB, okay when played as a LB. Did not get as many chances as he deserved. 6/10
21 Adriano: Needs to work on his fitness. 6/10
22 Éric Abidal: N/A
25 Alex Song: A great sub for Busquets, shows a good understaning of the Barca system. Good debut season, although we can't say that if we judge him for the reason we bought him (as a CB). 6.5/10
37 Cristian Tello: One for the future. Keeps adding facets to his game and put Pedro and Alexis to shame. 7/10
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Harmonica wrote:
free_cat wrote:Saving face in relation to the incoherence of saying you think the rating is very accurate to then just ignore it and fall prey to your biases.

I just explained in a general level you how I can rate player 5 vs. 7, when whoscored rates them 7 vs 7, and they both actually mean almost the same.

What is interesting though, that I did that without even looking the ratings subconsciously. Further proof how accurate the ratings are. At least on my mind.

Too bad you don't understand any of it.

Sure. It's me who doesn't understand a thing. lol. Biased hater.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon May 20, 2013 11:53 pm

Messi 10
Iniesta 8.5
Alba 6
Valdes 7
Fabregas 6.5
Xavi 7.5
Villa 7
Sanchez 4.5
Alves 6.5
Adriano 7.5
Busquets 7
Song 6.5
Tello 7
Thiago 7
Puyol 6.5
Mascherano 5.5
Pique 6
Montoya n/a
Bartra 5.5
Pedro 5
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Tue May 21, 2013 2:13 am

I'll post review of every player later, for now just ratings:

Valdes - 5/10
Pinto - 6/10
Alves - 6.5/10
Pique - 6.5/10
Puyol - 6/10
Bartra - 5/10
Alba - 6.5/10
Montoya - 6/10
Adriano - 7/10
Abidal - N/A
Planas - N/A
Fabregas - 7/10
Xavi - 6.5/10
Iniesta - 8.5/10
Thiago - 6/10
dos Santos - N/A
Mascherano - 5.5/10
Busquets - 7/10
Song - 6.5/10
Sergi Roberto - N/A
Rafinha - N/A
Villa - 6.5/10
Sanchez - 5.5/10
Messi - 10/10
Pedro - 5/10
Deulofeu - N/A
Tello - 7/10
Tito - 4/10
Zubi - 0/10

matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue May 21, 2013 5:01 am

I wouldn't give Messi a 10 because there are reasons to believe we suffered due to his lack of work rate and his insistence to play every game. His injury at the end hurt the team and now it's only speculation how we would have fared against Bayern had he been fully fit. A 9.5 though he can easily get because he as we all know is beyond brilliant.

Other than that I largely agree with the ratings given by others with just small little variations here and there. Alves I would rate higher because I liked the way he played whatever little he played.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue May 21, 2013 5:07 am

I'm still upset about that goal Valdes gave away to Di Maria.

Seriously wtf was that shit?!
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue May 21, 2013 5:13 am

Agree with JD here, cannot give Messi a 10 with the lack of workrate and pressing off the ball...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue May 21, 2013 5:59 am

I was going to write an article along these lines. Won't expand on this yet, but quick ratings...

Valdes - 6.5/10

Pinto - 6.5/10

Alves - 6.5/10 (first half a 6, second half a 7)

Pique - 6.5/10

Puyol - 6/10 (but hardly played...still our best natural defender)

Bartra - 6/10 (again, hardly played... didn't get chance to prove better)

Alba - 7/10 (even if a defensive problem at times, his addition helped us win Liga)

Montoya - 6.5/10

Adriano - 7/10

Abidal - N/A

Fabregas - 6.5/10 (trying to accommodate him probably hurt us again in long run)

Xavi - 6.5/10 (thought he had an immense/underrated start to season, we faded after he faded)

Iniesta - 7.5/10 (consistent, but didn't show late when we needed him)

Thiago - 7/10 (deserved more time, showed rust at times but blew that away)

dos Santos - N/A

Mascherano - 4.5/10 (only good against ordinary teams)

Busquets - 7/10

Song - 6/10

Villa - 6/10

Sanchez - 4/10 (coming good at end of season... but too late sorry)

Messi - 9.5/10

Pedro - 4.5/10 (played OK when we were doing well, then got worse and worse)

Tello - 6.5-->7/10 (would give a 7, but he didn't really play important matches)

Btw... its very harsh to rate Tito... let alone give him a fail mark...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue May 21, 2013 9:00 am

I agree with Kizz’s and Alfred’s ratings. Only difference:
@Alfred: Messi would be a 9 for me due to the fact that he single handedly carried the team when nobody scored

And

@Kizz Busquets was too inconsistent for a 7/10 for me.

Overall the most promising player for me this year was Tello and he definitely deserved some more time
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawky Tue May 21, 2013 9:27 am

Valdes - 6,5 (inconsistent)
Pinto - 7 (did his job fairly well imho when used)

Alves - 7,5 (bad season start but recovered well afterwards)
Montoya - 5,5 (not impressed, expected more from him this year)
Pique - 7 (our best defender this year, no matter what his critics say)
Puyol - 6,5 (his leardeship is really important, but his age has become a problem)
Bartra - 7 (potential to become a good defender)
Mascherano - 5,5 (bad defending, but his passing vision when getting out of the defence is important)
Adriano - 7,5 (really useful when used, gave us a lot of important points, too bad he is so injury prone)
Alba - 8 (I really like him, great going forward, his defensive skills are better than some believe ; it's not his fault the tactics are badly designed)
Abidal - N/A

Busquets - 7 (a rather bad season for his standards)
Song - 6 (awful start but better after getting used with the system)
Xavi - 7 (see Busquets)
Iniesta - 9 (really shined this year + most number of assists in La Liga)
Fabregas - 4,5 (very inconsistent, didn't show up for the big matches when he was needed)
Thiago - 7,5 (played fairly well, still needs experience)
Sergi Roberto - 6,5
Dos Santos - N/A

Villa - 5 (had a good season debut but failed to show up in the important games ; has been almost invisible for the past couple of months)
Tello - 8,5 (very promising)
Messi - 9,5 (great season, except for his lack of desire to actually run when defending)
Alexis - 6 (I still believe in him)
Pedro - 5 (inconsistent, too much dribbling and less pressing than he used to do)
Hawky
Hawky
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue May 21, 2013 10:13 am

very harsh on Fabregas I believe. he had avery good first half
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue May 21, 2013 10:19 am

I must have watched a different Busquets. I thought he was fine.

Didn't notice this inconsistency really. I think if it weren't for him our defence would have leaked much more and we'd probably not be sitting on top of the league.

And everybody giving Tello so high. He was great, but he didn't get to show that against strong teams. Even if he didn't get the chance... I think its difficult to give him so high. Ultimately, he wasn't really that influential in our season.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue May 21, 2013 10:23 am

I think most of us ranked Tello high because he made most of the time he got. That's something rare in my eyes. Very productive in so limmited time.
As for Busquets, maybe it's Bayern games that are vivid in my mind but I think he had his worst season so far for us.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue May 21, 2013 2:21 pm

Messi literally carried the entire team to the semis of the UCL and got us out of so many jams early with late come from behind performances. Thats why I gave him a 10. Dude had to do allot considering nobody was taking the scoring burden off of him whatsoever and in that sense he more than excelled
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue May 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Yeah, only thing I could fault is that he shouldn't have played the game against Celta after the Bolivian match. Messi and Mascherano were the only Argentinian players who started first against Venezuela, and then played against Bolivia in La Paz at 4km+. And boom, both players injured after god how long.

The thing is that I think this finally did teach Messi to rest after the SA-incursions.

But what he risked, and did against PSG 2nd leg for Barcelona, he deserves 10 out of 10, no questions asked.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next