Harmonica
The Franchise
billy_gr
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Season player rating - Page 2 Empty Re: Season player rating

Post by Harmonica Tue May 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Yeah, only thing I could fault is that he shouldn't have played the game against Celta after the Bolivian match. Messi and Mascherano were the only Argentinian players who started first against Venezuela, and then played against Bolivia in La Paz at 4km+. And boom, both players injured after god how long.

The thing is that I think this finally did teach Messi to rest after the SA-incursions.

But what he risked, and did against PSG 2nd leg for Barcelona, he deserves 10 out of 10, no questions asked.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Season player rating - Page 2 Empty Re: Season player rating

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 21, 2013 2:58 pm

billy_gr wrote:I think most of us ranked Tello high because he made most of the time he got. That's something rare in my eyes. Very productive in so limmited time.
As for Busquets, maybe it's Bayern games that are vivid in my mind but I think he had his worst season so far for us.
Vs PSG as well. First leg vs Milan. I don't see how anyone can argue it is not his worst season for us.

As for Messi I only gave him an 8.5 because in spite of carrying us I do fault him for not pressing (something that Iniesta and Xavi are equally to blame for, btw) and for insisting on playing. It's probably shared responsibility with Tito, but I have no doubt that if his name was Villa he would have been subbed for a month rather than played 45 minutes every game. He also seems too focused on records for my liking, although this is nothing new.

Agreed on Tello. Like Villa he didn't get that many opportunities, but when he did he made them count.

Also Kizz I think we can rate Tito. We can't blame him for the Roura period but I think he can be blamed for not correcting many things once he arrived back (such as the lack of rotation on his second half, failure of trust in Tello, failure to train to press). I agree a fail is a very harsh grade though, all things considered we're still mathematically likely to end this league with the highest amount of points ever. All in all I'd call it a good debut season, but us fans are spoilt. 7.5/10

I will say I agree with giving Zubi a failing grade. Purchased Alba which only made us weaker vs tall and physical sides, purchased Song with the idea of sometimes playing him as CB (which failed) and is now just a very expensive sub for Busquets. Didn't offload many players that should have been sold (JDS, Muniesa, etc.).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum