Why does Mourinho think he is "loved" in England?

+17
Gil
Blue Barrett
Kamikaze692
RealGunner
Pedram
Lex
BarrileteCosmico
guest7
kiranr
Kaladin
Swanhends
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Suarez99
Abramovich
halamadrid2
The_Badger
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why does Mourinho think he is "loved" in England? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why does Mourinho think he is "loved" in England?

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 01, 2013 6:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Personally from what i have noticed, its not the fans who loves Mourinho so much but the media.

Exactly what OP isn't grabbing.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Why does Mourinho think he is "loved" in England? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why does Mourinho think he is "loved" in England?

Post by The_Badger Wed May 01, 2013 6:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Personally from what i have noticed, its not the fans who loves Mourinho so much but the media.

True, but Mourinho has deluded himself into thinking everyone in England does.

His character appeased some in a league that was bereft of personalities and he let it go to his head.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed May 01, 2013 6:20 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:

Ah, it makes sense now. You haven't quite understood the thread?

Never mind, young man.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 01, 2013 6:20 pm

The_Badger wrote:It seems others have understood it perfectly. Perhaps English isn't your first language, which is why you're struggling, particularly with the concepts I've noted.
1 Madrid fan, 1 Barca fan & 1 Liverpool fan agreeing with you =/= Everyone else understood.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 01, 2013 6:22 pm

The_Badger wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

Ah, it makes sense now. You haven't quite understood the thread?

Never mind, young man.
Okay "old man." You can either point out where I'm wrong in my earlier post or just continue to say "you don't understand" to shy away from it Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed May 01, 2013 6:30 pm

You're wrong that I'm not quite "grabbing" it.

You're wrong about him not blaming the Italian media for pushing him out of Inter.

You're wrong about him not being goaded by the British press into insulting others in the game.

You're wrong about gouging Vilanova's eye not being that despicable.

You've completely forgotten his behaviour and accusations against Frisk, forcing him to retire and his other slanderous remarks about officials.

Forgot about instructing his players to deliberately get booked.

Forgot about instigating the terrible scenes against Barcelona in the two semi-final CL ties.

You haven't understood the OP, you don't understand rhetorical questions and you don't understand English.

It's okay, bud, you can move on now.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed May 01, 2013 6:37 pm

You guys are deluded if you think fans hate him. Only the hipster douchebags do.

Everyone outside of those clowns adore him. Or at the very least have a love/hate relationship.

Seems like everyone forgotten the reaction in sec school after he got sacked. Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed May 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Who said that fans "hated" him?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 01, 2013 6:43 pm

Gil wrote:You guys are deluded if you think fans hate him. Only the hipster douchebags do.

Everyone outside of those clowns adore him. Or at the very least have a love/hate relationship.

Seems like everyone forgotten the reaction in sec school after he got sacked. Laughing

You are talking within the Chelsea fanbase right ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed May 01, 2013 6:44 pm

I'm pretty sure people in general like him becouse they find him funny just like how people love/hate Balo

GL as a whole however is obsessed with hating on Mou, so hard to get the answer you're looking for here
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 01, 2013 6:55 pm

The_Badger wrote:You're wrong that I'm not quite "grabbing" it. ===> No I'm not.

You're wrong about him not blaming the Italian media for pushing him out of Inter. ===> Provide a quote and/or source or something else to prove your point. Don't make up false conclusions.

You're wrong about him not being goaded by the British press into insulting others in the game. ====> He's not being goaded by the British media....or did the British media also goad him into insulting others in Italy & Spain? Did the British media also goad him into insulting others in Portugal before he even stepped foot in England? Like I said, its his personality.

You're wrong about gouging Vilanova's eye not being that despicable.===> I never said it wasn't. Read my post again.

You've completely forgotten his behaviour and accusations against Frisk, forcing him to retire and his other slanderous remarks about officials. ===> He wasn't the reason for Frisk retiring. Fans were mad at Frisk. Same way fans were mad at Ovrebo(where is Ovrebo today? I'll wait for your answer). Stop trying to grab every flimsy excuse you can to throw at him.

Forgot about instructing his players to deliberately get booked. ===> Even if he's done this, is he the first manager to do it?

Forgot about instigating the terrible scenes against Barcelona in the two semi-final CL ties. ===> Instigating terrible scenes. What terrible scenes exactly?

You haven't understood the OP, you don't understand rhetorical questions and you don't understand English. ===> Thank you for letting me know that I don't understand English. Now proceed to answer my questions.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed May 01, 2013 7:12 pm

Ah, an obnoxious brat!

You've been proven wrong and your retorts are simply "No I'm not", "Others do it too" and "What was that?"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/22/jose-mourinho-inter-champions-league-madrid

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 01, 2013 7:45 pm

The_Badger wrote:Ah, an obnoxious brat!

You've been proven wrong and your retorts are simply "No I'm not", "Others do it too" and "What was that?"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/22/jose-mourinho-inter-champions-league-madrid
You said I'm wrong and I said I'm not.

Is that the first time a manager will tell his player to take a card to clear up his piled up cards ahead of an important match? And why is that so "despicable?"

You've posted a link to a thread that quotes Mourinho saying:

"I have been very happy at Inter, but not in the world of Italian football because I don't like all the comments from presidents, coaches and papers," he said. "But, I will always like Inter. I want to thank Italian football because I have become a better coach for it. Now it's time for me to take a day or two to think about a new challenge in another country.

"I have given everything for this team and I feel free to make a decision on my future. I want to become the first coach to win the Champions League with three different clubs. It's more probable that I'll go than stay."

But you've chosen to cherry pick and single out the part where he said he didn't like xyz paper's comments and leave out the parts wherehe said he wants to make history etc and then chosen to label him evil for choosing that as a reason to leave when he clearly mentions in the same set of quotes his reason for leaving.

Just admit that you hate him and state your real reason for hating him rather than spouting baseless BS.

Oh and you might want to try to have an actual debate without personal attacks.

Silly thread all round.

Good day.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed May 01, 2013 7:48 pm

Deary me! eco smile

Everything I have posted is true and has been backed up. Your responses simply attempt detract from this, or are pathetic straw man arguments, or you just burying your head in the sand.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed May 01, 2013 8:40 pm

I would just love it so much if he came back to England and failed, and along the way, makes his name stink just likes hes done in Italy and Spain. No offense but Im not to sure the English just know enough football to be able to judge rather then believe everything the press throws at them Very Happy

But then if his relationship with Abrom works out and he gets to spend all the money he wants and buys the players he likes, then it is hardly difficult to reign supreme in England, since u got Mancini who has no idea, Man U who is just destined to get weaker, the others able to challenge, no sure.... if so then he will be so called loved becos he will be successful again? Razz

But depending on how much time Fergie has left at Man U, it will be intriguing to see them do battle again. Fergie clearly got unlucky in their CL meeting, and he got the better of Mou when he was sacked by Chelsea in the end Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Suarez99 Wed May 01, 2013 8:43 pm

Mate you need to come off this little wagon you're on.

1. They didn't goad him into anything. His personality is very blunt. I don't see how hard that could be to notice. He thinks like every other football fan sometimes and isn't scared to let it out whether the headlines turn out to be positive or negative.

2. Where exactly did he blame the Italian media for leaving Italy?! I can clearly remember him saying he wanted a new challenge and all that other stuff when he left for Madrid. I have never read a quote where he blamed his departure on the media. Listen to yourself.

3. And him abusing Guardiola somehow gave made him beat Barca in the end? Didn't he also abuse Wenger in England? Smh I don't know what your point here is, really.

4. Apart from poking Tito's eye(which wouldn't even make a top 50 despicable scene in football history) I can't even think of any other thing he's done that's so "despicable"

I don't know what you're trying to prove but you're really really reaching and grasping as many straws as you can. You need to sit back and look at your own posts. You're not making any sense yet. You've got to explain better.

Oh and the only set of fans that love Jose in England are Chelsea fans. Some other fans may respect him but they don't "love" him.

So I guess falsely accusing the opposing manager of entering the refs dressing room, thus getting the referee numerous death threats and having to retire is worthy of the nobel peace prize?
Suarez99
Suarez99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Suarez99 Wed May 01, 2013 8:45 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:I would just love it so much if he came back to England and failed, and along the way, makes his name stink just likes hes done in Italy and Spain. No offense but Im not to sure the English just know enough football to be able to judge rather then believe everything the press throws at them Very Happy

But then if his relationship with Abrom works out and he gets to spend all the money he wants and buys the players he likes, then it is hardly difficult to reign supreme in England, since u got Mancini who has no idea, Man U who is just destined to get weaker, the others able to challenge, no sure.... if so then he will be so called loved becos he will be successful again? Razz

But depending on how much time Fergie has left at Man U, it will be intriguing to see them do battle again. Fergie clearly got unlucky in their CL meeting, and he got the better of Mou when he was sacked by Chelsea in the end Smile

This is mainly it, I know a guy who thinks Carrick is much better than Xavi
Suarez99
Suarez99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed May 01, 2013 8:52 pm

Mourinho came and broke up the Arsenal-Man Utd duopoly. Although, it was probably RA's money that did that as Chelsea made big progress under Raineri.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 01, 2013 8:54 pm

It was a number of factors to be honest. Chelsea did buy the league(s) eventually but us selling our whole 11 in 2 years and moving to a new stadium didn't help either.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu May 02, 2013 12:13 am

He is loved by the 'fans' in England.. and that's 98% Chelsea fans I'm sure. I think that's what he means.. IMO. So don't bash me... I come in peace and leave in peace. Neutral oh and I love Mourinho.. and would love him back at Chelsea.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Thu May 02, 2013 12:29 am

"Loved" is the wrong word I think, Mourinho induces ultimate fanboyism in some people and ultimate butthurt in others.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu May 02, 2013 1:30 am

Every time he opens his mouth it's a new headline..the press hang off of his every word.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu May 02, 2013 10:13 am

Omniscient wrote:"Loved" is the wrong word I think, Mourinho induces ultimate fanboyism in some people and ultimate butthurt in others.

loved by the fans, its not wrong.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu May 02, 2013 10:43 am

RealGunner wrote:
Gil wrote:You guys are deluded if you think fans hate him. Only the hipster douchebags do.

You are talking within the Chelsea fanbase right ?

He doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, he lives in USA ffs and he's recycled.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2