futbol
Kaladin
McAgger
Kick
DeletedUser#1
34 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bale wins PFA player of the year - Page 2 Empty Re: Bale wins PFA player of the year

Post by RED Sun 28 Apr 2013, 13:33

He deserves it. What a player!

Congrats to him.

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Bale wins PFA player of the year - Page 2 Empty Re: Bale wins PFA player of the year

Post by fatman123 Sun 28 Apr 2013, 13:35

Gael Kakuta was robbed Sad
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun 28 Apr 2013, 13:36

Wayne Bridge was Robbed.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun 28 Apr 2013, 13:37

Was with the spamming of '____ was robbed'? It's not funny.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun 28 Apr 2013, 13:38

RED was robbed.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 28 Apr 2013, 13:39

back to topic please
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun 28 Apr 2013, 13:39

Kevin McEvoy was robbed
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun 28 Apr 2013, 13:40

Seriously though, I am not sure he deserves it but at least Suarez didn't win it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun 28 Apr 2013, 13:41

Suarez Mata and RvP deserve it over him for me. But quite a distance.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun 28 Apr 2013, 13:42

Arquitecto wrote:Suarez Mata and RvP deserve it over him for me. But quite a distance.

I honestly don't think RVP deserves it, he went AWOL for a while there. While he did carry United, I think Carrick was better. Suarez is a serial biter so he was never going to win it. Mata deserves it more. Carried us for the whole season.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun 28 Apr 2013, 13:43

Correct choice. He's actually statistically been the best player, even without playing in the best team.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/3389/Stages/6531/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2012-2013
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun 28 Apr 2013, 13:45

Statistically Andy Carroll is the 6th best player in the Premier League. DEM stats. Bale wins PFA player of the year - Page 2 14047752796496505428

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun 28 Apr 2013, 13:47

Kick wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Suarez Mata and RvP deserve it over him for me. But quite a distance.

I honestly don't think RVP deserves it, he went AWOL for a while there. While he did carry United, I think Carrick was better. Suarez is a serial biter so he was never going to win it. Mata deserves it more. Carried us for the whole season.

RvP over Carrick for me (although MC has been nothing short of amazing) since in the end, he posed the tangible results to which launched Man Utd into the title echelons. Goals out of United's play or simply goals created out of nothing, to which was enough to have United soar away with the title, despite the lack of PL competition this year to challenge.

Mata? 10 goals and 14 assists in the BPL doesn't justify what he has done for Chelsea as I picked him over Bale since outside Bale's clutch belter goals, Mata has done all that but consistently influences the play for Chelsea, to which Bale doesn't exactly do.

I don't know why I mentioned Suarez. I knew with 100% conviction that he wouldn't have won it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun 28 Apr 2013, 13:49

Arquitecto wrote:
Kick wrote:

RvP over Carrick for me (although MC has been nothing short of amazing) since in the end, he posed the tangible results to which launched Man Utd into the title echelons. Goals out of United's play or simply goals created out of nothing, to which was enough to have United soar away with the title, despite the lack of PL competition this year to challenge.

Mata? 10 goals and 14 assists in the BPL doesn't justify what he has done for Chelsea as I picked him over Bale since outside Bale's clutch belter goals, Mata has done all that but consistently influences the play for Chelsea, to which Bale doesn't exactly do.

I don't know why I mentioned Suarez. I knew with 100% conviction that he wouldn't have won it.

I can understand why RVP would be considered better than Carrick, he was the main reason Utd won the title, goals out of no where and important ones throughout.

tbh, I would have given it to Suarez 99 times out of 100 if he didn't bite Ivanovic.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun 28 Apr 2013, 13:53

Kick wrote:

All 3 were worthy candidates. The problem with this is that the voting gets closed earlier in the season, rather than towards the end (which makes more sense if it were the latter). So a player's form at that particular period could improve or hinder their chances of winning.

Btw, Bale has carried Spurs even more so than Mata, RVP or Suarez has for their teams for that matter. Spurs look completely unthreatening in their attack with their scrub strike force whenever Bale is not playing. He is solely the reason they're in contention for a top 4 place.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun 28 Apr 2013, 13:58

[quote="RED"]
Kick wrote:

KSA, the same debate can be made about Dembele in where Tottenham have a shockingly poor record without him in where they frankly, look utterly toothless in his absence. The allusion I am trying to portray here is compared to Carrick-RVP for example. Bale has carried their attack most definitely, yet Dembele's importance cannot be underestimated as despite the intangibility of his play, its something to think about when he is on or off the field
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun 28 Apr 2013, 14:00

To add to that, Mata has had Hazard for help but has certainly shone even with out attack.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun 28 Apr 2013, 14:08

[quote="Arquitecto"]

RED wrote:
Kick wrote:

KSA, the same debate can be made about Dembele in where Tottenham have a shockingly poor record without him in where they frankly, look utterly toothless in his absence. The allusion I am trying to portray here is compared to Carrick-RVP for example. Bale has carried their attack most definitely, yet Dembele's importance cannot be underestimated as despite the intangibility of his play, its something to think about when he is on or off the field

Oh of course. dembele's impact to Spurs cannot be understated. I def understand what your saying, there's many conclusions that can be drawn from these type of awards.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun 28 Apr 2013, 14:10

Bale is a worthy winner. Congrats Gareth Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun 28 Apr 2013, 14:11

[quote="RED"]
Arquitecto wrote:

RED wrote:

Oh of course. dembele's impact to Spurs cannot be understated. I def understand what your saying, there's many conclusions that can be drawn from these type of awards.

I actually wonder if Bale wasn't british, would he still win it? hmm
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun 28 Apr 2013, 14:16

I was deceived.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun 28 Apr 2013, 14:46

Kick wrote:I can understand why RVP would be considered better than Carrick, he was the main reason Utd won the title, goals out of no where and important ones throughout.

tbh, I would have given it to Suarez 99 times out of 100 if he didn't bite Ivanovic.
Couldn't disagree more about Van Persie. Of course his goals have been crucial, and they may have given United the title. However, Van Persie is like the cherry on top of the United team. He benefits from wonderful service, for which Carrick is partially responsible. While Van Persie's finishing ability is amazing, he's had the luxury of being far more of a pure predator at times this season. For me, Carrick has shown his quality in nearly every appearance he's made this season. He's been one of the most consistent performers on a United team that despite accruing a ridiculous amount of points has not looked dominant in a large number of individual matches this season. If RVP wins it, he should take Carrick out for a giant steak dinner, as Carrick is one of the reason's RVP is adding to his trophy cabinet.

If this were truly about recognizing the best player in the league, Suarez will win it. Unfortunately, I'm practically certain it will be a popularity contest, and let's face it... Biting the opposition doesn't endear you to the competition. Evil or Very Mad
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun 28 Apr 2013, 16:18

In the end all awards are popularity contests and Bale is British (Welsh I guess but still), young, and exciting to watch. He's been hyped beyond belief sometimes for years now and is very popular unlike Suarez right now. RVP on the other hand kinda ruined it with a very poor run of form and because he's not as "brilliant" (in the Youtube sense) as Bale.

Bale simply wins the popularity contest here which is why Carrick was in with a shout but was never going to win. Same thing with Mata.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 28 Apr 2013, 16:40

I really can't understand why people would vote Mata and Bale over RVP.

Suarez ok, but the rest no.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun 28 Apr 2013, 16:50

Why are you putting Bale in with Mata? Bale has clearly been better over the course of the season. He's been more consistent than RVP and he isn't a vampire by night.

Bale is the easy and correct choice.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun 28 Apr 2013, 16:56

Anyway, this makes me happy.

Make him more valuable Twisted Evil

He's worth the money Madrid Twisted Evil
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next