Eman
urbaNRoots
Babun
jibers
Blue Barrett
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Andres Iniesta wins European Player of the Year Award Empty Andres Iniesta wins European Player of the Year Award

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:10 pm

Congrats to him! Its almost impossible to win an award ahead of both Messi & Ronaldo in the present day but he's done it. I couldn't believe it but he fully deserved it.

Andres Iniesta wins European Player of the Year Award 255922_353026558112891_351021944_o

Last edited by Barrettinator on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Andres Iniesta wins European Player of the Year Award Empty Re: Andres Iniesta wins European Player of the Year Award

Post by jibers Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:13 pm

Sentimental BS. does *bleep* all all season, plays well in 5 games gets best player in Europe for the whole season. The award should be best player ion the euros. *bleep* BS.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Andres Iniesta wins European Player of the Year Award Empty Re: Andres Iniesta wins European Player of the Year Award

Post by Babun Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:17 pm

Daylight robbery! Messi and CR7 deserved this one more than ever based on their individual showings.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Didn't deserve it, but oh well. It's not the most important individual trophy.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:21 pm

Barca have earned such an aura of greatness atm that even when they have a poor season by their standards, most people still act like the team and everyone on it are the best by miles. Iniesta is a world class player and did very well at the Euros, but if we consider every player throughout the entire club season last year, there is no way he deserves to win this at all.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:23 pm

Well I would have personally given the award to Ronaldo but I don't have a problem with Iniesta winning it. I've always thought that either Xavi or Iniesta deserved an individual award before they retired.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:25 pm

When Ronaldo was beside the trophy he started smiling i thought he saw it or something and he won. But when they turned it around it said Iniesta i was like wtf? how the hell did he win it. He was not all that great for barcelona he was just really good with spain.

Ronaldo or Messi should've won it.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:35 pm

If Messi won it you would be ok with it becouse atleast he is close/atleast somewhat worthy

But Iniesta? a *bleep* joke rofl

CR deserved it the most
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:41 pm

a very good player and was the stand out individual in the European chamionship. Being Dutch, I am naturally torn between the system and the individual. I think awards should have some sentimental value to them. He desereved at least one award in his career. At the end of the day, everyone would believe that the player they choose is the best. It's nice to be able to show these things to your children.

Real Madrid supporters will say Ronaldo deserved it, Barcelona fans will say Messi deserved it, these journalists believed Iniesta deserved it. Just enjoy.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:42 pm

Congrats to Iniesta, I guess...
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:44 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:a very good player and was the stand out individual in the European chamionship. Being Dutch, I am naturally torn between the system and the individual. I think awards should have some sentimental value to them. He desereved at least one award in his career. At the end of the day, everyone would believe that the player they choose is the best. It's nice to be able to show these things to your children.

Real Madrid supporters will say Ronaldo deserved it, Barcelona fans will say Messi deserved it, these journalists believed Iniesta deserved it. Just enjoy.

it's post like these that make me lose faith in humanity
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:45 pm

So the season lasted 6 games huh? Oh well, nice to see him get some individual recognition.

btw votes

1. Iniesta 19
2. Messi 17
2. Cronaldo 17 (3. Cronaldo 16, without the default Portuguese vote)

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:46 pm

Don illusionista :bow: :bow: :bow:

Only reason Messi didnt win is because he won too many times in a row, he is therefore now judged on a different standard than everyone else; he has to win all the big trophies as well as record goals for everyone to think he had a good season.

As for ronaldo, laliga isnt enough tbh. early EURO antics dont help either plus the fact that his all-round play hasn't improved since he won these awards. He needs to evolve, continue scoring goals but have another dimension to his play ffs!!
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:47 pm

can we please stop caring about individual awards now?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:48 pm

jiopsi wrote:So the season lasted 6 games huh? Oh well, nice to see him get some individual recognition.

btw votes

1. Iniesta 19
2. Messi 17

Dat logic :fap: recognising Ronaldo's default portugese vote and ignoring Messi!!
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:48 pm

jiopsi wrote:So the season lasted 6 games huh? Oh well, nice to see him get some individual recognition.

btw votes

1. Iniesta 19
2. Messi 17

Are you that dense? :facepalm:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:49 pm

Not my personal pick for best player but who cares?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:51 pm

Barrettinator wrote:

btw votes

1. Iniesta 19
2. Messi 17

I'm sorry, did that explode firecracker in your ass?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:54 pm

jiopsi wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

btw votes

1. Iniesta 19
2. Messi 17

At least try to be a little smarter when you troll.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

btw votes

1. Iniesta 19
2. Messi 17

At least try to be a little smarter when you troll.
Try slapping yourself in the face, maybe it will correct what is wrong with you. I don't troll.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:00 pm

Jiopsi is the worst poster on this forum, my IQ drops by 1 every time I read his posts.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:34 pm

buddytaller wrote:Jiopsi is the worst poster on this forum, my IQ drops by 1 every time I read his posts.
That's common knowledge mate. Absolutely horrible poster.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:38 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
buddytaller wrote:Jiopsi is the worst poster on this forum, my IQ drops by 1 every time I read his posts.
That's common knowledge mate. Absolutely horrible poster.
Aww, the invalid love. So you insult me from the first quote, and I'm the horrible poster? Freaking idiots.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by pewpew Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:43 pm

I though messi would win it. Ronaldo deserved it too.

But Iniesta? When I think about it he deserves credit for an individual award. But should the price be based on only 5 games. In the rest of the season messi, ronaldo was way better while iniesta was inconsistant.

Last edited by pewpew on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

pewpew
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:44 pm

Ronaldo deserved it more but congratz anyhow
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next