jibers
Collblanc
Zealous
Mamad
RealGunner
49 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Dortmund Vs Real Madrid-  Post Match Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid- Post Match Discussion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:11 am

Swanhends wrote:I used to think Modric was pretty good but has he had a single quality performance for Madrid? If he has I missed the memo

Sure sounds like he's been pretty dreadful

Tbf he is very talented, problem is he's lazy, defensively inept and poor mentally.

That is ok against inferior teams but when the big boys come to town he almost always collapses like a park of cards.

This isn't new either it happened in England constantly.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Dortmund Vs Real Madrid-  Post Match Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid- Post Match Discussion

Post by Kaladin Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:13 am

Dat Eyeker ostracisation

So is he on the bench for the rest of the season? I really think his experience and captain-like qualities can guide Madrid to a fight(Ala Pique before Milan)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:15 am

i dont even feel bad like, i am very disappointed but i knew that our team was not as good as the rest, bar barca because we know how to play them. I was hoping for just intangibles to make the difference but football won. fair enough
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:19 am

Its very simple. In Redknapp's brainless system he was afforded miles of space to which was amplified by all the midfield space given within the english game. So, it involved him usually running consistently around the pitch supplying passes with the occasional switch of play across the flank (his only playmaking ability). Thing is he has been exposed to rely on open space far too much along with his impressive on the ball mobility. A true playmaker even when afforded little space can create space out of passes instead of relying his open space and mobility to deliver passes to his fellow team-mates. Too many times you will see him dawdling with the ball running aimlessly looking for someone to pass to. He supplies passes yet doesn't actually "playmake". It works versus small teams yet does not versus teams who actually know how to close down space and nullify threats like him. It is why he hasn't been able to dominate in any big game, even a lower mid-table team in La Liga where space is less apparent then in the PL. In Spurs he was given the confidence to hold the ball and remain mobile. In Madrid he has had to step up his game to which he clearly hasn't and is tactically inept as a result. Once he actually evolves his game rather than relying on pure mobility alone to create a vision for pass, then he will come around to justifying that ludicrous price tag of his.

Mourinho playing him as an AM occasionally brings me to hysterics.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:22 am

Very disappointed in Modric, showing he doesnt have the stuff for great teams. Funny thing is Cazorla does, and we passed him along with Isco to sign Modric. Mourinho Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:25 am

I agree with that. He does occasionally dwell on the ball, his positioning sometimes isn't the best in order to receive a pass and when he plays CM he sometimes goes off to the wing etc, although the latter could simply be a tactical instruction.

However everyone has their flaws.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:27 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Very disappointed in Modric, showing he doesnt have the stuff for great teams. Funny thing is Cazorla does, and we passed him along with Isco to sign Modric. Mourinho Laughing

yeah was talking about that earlier its crazy how stubborn mou is, he just want to be its all my signings that won me everything blah blah bull crap
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:27 am

This by the way is a similar reason with i would cry if we ever sign Bale, poor football IQ. The typical kind of player that gets exposed when playing against teams that know how to close him down.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:34 am

I think one of the first things we need to do is sort our defense/defending out. Whenever we sit back we concede goals.

I thought with Mourinho our defense would improve, it has slightly, however it's still not good enough.

Varane and Ramos are certainly capable of forming a solid partnership, however maybe the defending methods/tactics need to be changed.

Something similar to the way Bayern/Dortmund defend possibly?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:38 am

mt this is all due to the midfield nothing more nothing less we are not a ptb team but we use ptb mids
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:40 am

Yeh it could due to the mid, however I think our defensive organisation could be better.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:42 am

chad4401 wrote:mt this is all due to the midfield nothing more nothing less we are not a ptb team but we use ptb mids
not really.Xabi and Khedira are shit defensively.they leave a bloody hole in midfield because they are average DMs.They are meant to play with a partner who does some decent defending.

At least Xabi.I honestly dont think Khedira is Madrid quality
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:43 am

3 years he has spent in madrid, he built absolute horse ass. he is garbage and should be thrown out like a peasant
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:47 am

Ganso wrote:
chad4401 wrote:mt this is all due to the midfield nothing more nothing less we are not a ptb team but we use ptb mids
not really.Xabi and Khedira are shit defensively.they leave a bloody hole in midfield because they are average DMs.They are meant to play with a partner who does some decent defending.

At least Xabi.I honestly dont think Khedira is Madrid quality

that what im saying they would have looked better if we played ptb tactic but we dont thus every decent technical midfield can walk through ours like its nothing but only mou would keep playing the pair because he is too stubborn to change it even if we keep getting exposed
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:27 am

I'm looking over the starting line up and I don't think Mourinho made any glaring mistakes. The problem with the two previous times they faced Dortmund was that they played counter attacking, allowing Madrid to have possession, and marked Xabi out of the game who was their only midfielder able to do anything while in possession of the ball since they have very little centralized play. To counter this Mourinho played Modric in order to diversify the avenues of central attack in case Xabi was marked out. Starting Oezil as a RW for Di Maria is questionable, but I see a clear logic to the way Mou set up today's game.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:33 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I'm looking over the starting line up and I don't think Mourinho made any glaring mistakes. The problem with the two previous times they faced Dortmund was that they played counter attacking, allowing Madrid to have possession, and marked Xabi out of the game who was their only midfielder able to do anything while in possession of the ball since they have very little centralized play. To counter this Mourinho played Modric in order to diversify the avenues of central attack in case Xabi was marked out. Starting Oezil as a RW for Di Maria is questionable, but I see a clear logic to the way Mou set up today's game.

teams started marking xabi out of games for a while long before this match, we should looked for a better player than khedira but mou thought crap like modric-xabi made sense instead
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:30 am

I said Dortmund would win CL after an all-German final back when the semi-final ties were announced - and it's happening!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:09 am

Don't know why Ppl are counting Real Madrid out already.

Something that ppl need to understand BvB never allowed Real's attackers to get a foothold during the match, and as it is with every tie deep into Cl competition, each team will have their moment where they are more dominant than the other.

BvB really needed that 4th goal, because when that time comes where Real are in a dominant position they have the arsenal to score plenty in a short span of time. Playing away from home, BvB won't be as energetic as they were in the first leg and will be more hesitant to play as expansively as they did.

I don't think there was an overall flaw with the Madrid gameplan, what decided the first game more than anything was attitude. Madrid came out 2nd half with a smile on their faces after being given a potentially free ticket to the final via Hummels mistake.

They relaxed, lost concentration and conceded, i actually thought conceding that goal would actually make them concentrate better, however most of the team went on full tilt, especially Pepe, Khedira and Ramos. With things going as it were Madrid became less of a team minute by minute, Ronaldo completely ignored his flank when BvB's were 2v1 Coentrao which forced khedira or xabi to cover leaving their own midfield zone unprotected.

As much as ppl would want to lay blame on Mourinho, they cannot ignore the inherently selfish or individualistic character of their players. Also despite their physical & technical talents most of the Real Madrid starting eleven have poor footballing IQ's, more often than not they make poor decisions or neglect to make necessary adjustments as the game progresses.

With that said, BvB was excellent and showed true character considering how they came back from conceding that awful goal, most teams in that situation would have been deflated or dishearten and would have allowed Madrid to settle into the match. Really impressed by their forwards interchanging plays high up the pitch, however i felt that this was a game where Madrid just lost their cohesion, shape and discipline. Madrid not out by all means, sometimes all it takes is one mistake.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:09 am

Goallegacy Laughing Mole Laughing Se7en Laughing Pepe a better CB than Ramos Laughing

We got molested.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:14 am

i believe this tie is far from over. if dortmund get into the game well and keep it level for 30 mins then they'll take it home somehow though
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Germany really isn't Real Madrid's favorite place. Now 25 matches played here with only one win. And obviously they need to add to the bestia negra the bestia negra-amarilla ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:27 pm

rwo power wrote:Germany really isn't Real Madrid's favorite place. Now 25 matches played here with only one win. And obviously they need to add to the bestia negra the bestia negra-amarilla ^^

Mourinho neither, he has NEVER won in germany as a manager.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
rwo power wrote:Germany really isn't Real Madrid's favorite place. Now 25 matches played here with only one win. And obviously they need to add to the bestia negra the bestia negra-amarilla ^^

Mourinho neither, he has NEVER won in germany as a manager.

Wow, really? Didn't know that

Every manager/team has its set of bogey teams i guess
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:57 pm

Always the neutral and the outsider who tend to think Real Madrid still have a winning shot. I mean, it would make for some serious trolling if Real do come back against Bundeslegacy but I don't see it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:17 pm

Madrid couldn't deal with Dortmund's transitions, just like they couldnt deal with Barcelona a few years back. Almost identical transitions. I have said this for a long time, Alonso and Khedira are not Madrid quality. Klopp even mocked MAdrid saying stop Alonso and they will beat MAdcrid. Well he's still laughing. Khedira looked like a headless chicken.all Alonso did was just hoof. WC mf? Pls go.

The team is built for counter attacks. Dortmund were quick enough to block the passing channels that Madrid ALWAYS use so once again Mourinho reverted to his hoofball, siilar to Pardew. Madrid are not buiilt for Long balls but fast transitions and getting the ball in behind the oppsition defence quickly. Klopp and Fergie have both outfoxed Mourinho differently, but same end result. Ronaldo cannot do everthing alone. I pray Perez leave soon.

Why was Modric even playing? 40 million for that? Laughing

Goodbye Mou, you will not be missed in Madrid.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mack10 Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:23 pm

It won't happen, madrid should worry more about not getting humilated in their own stadium, certainly Dortmund have the quality to do that, they also defeat madrid earlier on at their own stadium if it wasnt for oEZIL.
Mack10
Mack10
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next