Chumlum
EL Patron
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
58 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Wed May 01, 2013 9:01 am

Cazorla IS a top quality AM and has already succeeded there. If there's any problem with the position, it's to do with the balance of the midfield and not the quality of the player who's playing there.

You'd be hard pressed to find an AM that doesn't have games where he has little effect. It's just the nature of the position. Like most playmakers, they need space to operate and while Cazorla can make space by himself, he needs help from his teammates. One of our problems this season was that there was nobody else in the team who could create chances and take the burden off Cazorla. Teams could crowd around him without having to worry about somebody else popping up in the left over space and playing a killer pass.

But when Rosicky and Wilshere came back, Cazorla's form improved. Those two can take players away, subsequently making space, with their dribbling and directness. It's for that same reason that Arteta-Diaby-Cazorla was such a success at the start of the season.

The problem is that Arteta-Wilshere-Cazorla or Arteta-Rosicky-Cazorla leaves you with little cover defensively, so Wenger had to find a way to get Wilshere or Rosicky into the side along with Cazorla without sacrificing too much balance. This is why Ramsey is now playing alongside Arteta in a pivot and why Cazorla is now on the left.

That change creates the problem of our play becoming too narrow, but again, this is not Cazorla's fault exclusively. While there are times he should maybe keep the width on the left, it's the duty of the left fullback to run into the space Cazorla leaves when he drifts, and it's up to the right winger to realise that he cannot also move inside if Cazorla is already there.

Incidentally, you wouldn't get the same versatility with Cesc. Cesc thrived on being the centre of the system and being able to do what he wants, but our midfields with him in the side have always been a little unbalanced because Wilshere and Song would always go forward. We won games because of superior attacking quality but had several problems dealing with counter attacks.

Comparatively, this current Arsenal side is winning more games because of good defending and isn't as vulnerable to counter attacks, but is lacking the same penetration. While this is partly down to the quality and consistency of our attackers, it's also down to a lack of pressing and lack of intelligence when using available space i.e. Walcott always coming inside when the space isn't there.

tl;dr: The problems come from how we attack and create space, not from the positions and players themselves.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Eman Wed May 01, 2013 9:41 am

Yeah I would love Cesc to come back, but not at the cost of players that we need more than him. If Barcelona decide to let him go for cheap, then fantastic, but otherwise we should focus our efforts elsewhere. If he is not going to play there, however, we could always try a sneaky loan move hmm
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 01, 2013 11:03 am

Ramsey deserves to play next to Arteta and Wilshere imo. Kid has improved big time and i was a heavy doubter. If Gonalons or Kondogbia come, Arteta will be sacrificed i'm afraid.

I also assume Podolski is leaving. He needs to be replaced with a better player. Aubameyang is a good one in LIgue 1. Draxler of Schalke is another.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed May 01, 2013 11:20 am

sportsczy wrote:I also assume Podolski is leaving. He needs to be replaced with a better player. Aubameyang is a good one in LIgue 1. Draxler of Schalke is another.
Podolski doesn't 'need' to leave to make way for a better player. If we end up getting a better player, we could still keep Godolski for depth. At any rate, I don't believe that we need another LM at all. Podolski is a good player who may or may not be carrying an injury right now, and he gives us things that most of our other players do not (clinical finishing, excellent crossing, incredible shot power, etc). In his second year here, he is also bound to be more effective than his first year, which was still pretty good tbh, and a new player might struggle in their first year in the EPL.

If we get a striker talented enough to play anywhere along the front line, combined with AOC being a year older, Cazorla sometimes playing wide, Miyaichi being available, and players like Gnabry possibly stepping up, I don't see why we would need to use any more resources strengthening our wide positions, although I'll welcome any good player.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed May 01, 2013 11:32 am

Podolski has been incredibly productive given how sparsely he's been used. So frustrating watching him come off time and time again.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 01, 2013 11:45 am

I meant Podolski probably wants to leave...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 01, 2013 11:49 am

I haven't seen any indication of Podolski wanting to leave. In fact, he's come out and said that he's happy where he is.

His playing time has been limited due to him carrying an injury.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed May 01, 2013 12:03 pm

I think its ok to have quality like podolski come off the bench. Every other big club has players who are as good or better that don't play every game or even as much as podolski does.

With this current team, he should have played more, but going forward, hes probably best suited in the role he is now as we upgrade our attack.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed May 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Arsenal consider £10m Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin

What you guys think? hmm

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/395912/Arsenal-consider-10m-Southampton-midfielder-Morgan-Schneiderlin?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-sport-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Sport+Feed%29
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed May 01, 2013 12:32 pm

No Rene Adler talks with Arsenal, claims Hamburg’s Frank Arnesen

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/01/no-rene-adler-talks-with-arsenal-claims-hamburgs-frank-arnesen-3708654/

Villa will double Benteke's money to keep star striker happy and away from Tottenham and Arsenal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2317431/Christian-Benteke-offered-new-Aston-Villa-contract-ward-Tottenham-Arsenal.html#ixzz2S4Egx0Ak

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 01, 2013 12:38 pm

MJGunner wrote:Podolski has been incredibly productive given how sparsely he's been used. So frustrating watching him come off time and time again.
THIS
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 01, 2013 12:40 pm

Schneiderlin is a good player. I like him, but seriously we need to be going for better players.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 01, 2013 1:14 pm

Lol Schneiderlin is nowhere near our quality.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed May 01, 2013 1:44 pm

oh Schneiderlin is their very own Lars in south coast Razz dont hate :coffee:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed May 01, 2013 2:41 pm

Jack:"Cesc is suffering''

Arsene:Cesc is a bit Low tonight.he didnt see that coming

Jenkinson:'They cant win Champions League,they are out of it,Cesc should come back Home
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 01, 2013 3:10 pm

Few I.T.K out in full force

We are apparently in negotiation with Lewandowski...
Fabregas is coming back...

The 30m man Geoff was talking about is Oezil apparently lmao.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed May 01, 2013 3:11 pm

RealGunner wrote:Few I.T.K out in full force

If 2 of those 3 happen Shocked

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 01, 2013 3:16 pm

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 14 F6f
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed May 01, 2013 3:35 pm

--------------Lewandowski-------------

Cazorla--------Fabregas----------Oezil

---------Wilshere------Gonalons------

Nacho---Koscielny--Sakho----Sagna

Bench: Gibbs, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Ramsey, Podolski, Walcott, Giroud

Ill eat my own head if this happens Laughing

Last edited by VendettaRed07 on Wed May 01, 2013 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 01, 2013 3:35 pm

Which Internet Bullshit Artists are these? hmm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed May 01, 2013 3:36 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I haven't seen any indication of Podolski wanting to leave. In fact, he's come out and said that he's happy where he is.

His playing time has been limited due to him carrying an injury.

The entire season? Literally since day one. He's finished like two PL matches.

Oh this shit is starting now? Off to my transfer window coma.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 01, 2013 3:48 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Which Internet Bullshit Artists are these? hmm

anonymouseFC
"GoonerGolazo"

random scrubs by the sound of it
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed May 01, 2013 3:49 pm

ppl still following that sad c**t? rofl
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 01, 2013 5:01 pm

Sina wrote:oh Schneiderlin is their very own Lars in south coast Razz dont hate :coffee:

RG hating on small club players again No
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 01, 2013 5:02 pm

lol I am a fan of McCarthy ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu May 02, 2013 7:18 am

Wenger: "I always see my contracts out & I am already planning for next season (at #Arsenal) - we will be a lot closer to Utd next season"
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next