LeBéninois
DeviAngel
TPSPriceless
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gomez: 'Inter and Juve offers' Empty Gomez: 'Inter and Juve offers'

Post by TPSPriceless Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:27 pm

“There have been proposals from Inter and Juventus,” revealed the agent of Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez. “He wants to leave.”
“Mario wanted to remain at Bayern, but seeing as he did not find much space to show what he can do, Mario is no longer happy and cannot continue like this,” agent Uli Ferber told Bild.

Gomez has been linked with interest from Premier League clubs Chelsea and Manchester City, but is also wanted in Serie A.

“We have received proposals from Inter and Juventus. The buy-out clause could be reduced to zero, seeing as Bayern know Mario wants to leave.”

Source: Football-Italia.net

If he knows one thing it's how to score goals, a lot of 'em.
TPSPriceless
TPSPriceless
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Gomez: 'Inter and Juve offers' Empty Re: Gomez: 'Inter and Juve offers'

Post by DeviAngel Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:31 pm

hell no, worlds most untalented striker, ffs Pizzaro is ahead of him... beside heading he has nothing else ..
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TPSPriceless Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:42 pm

DeviAngel wrote:hell no, worlds most untalented striker, ffs Pizzaro is ahead of him... beside heading he has nothing else ..

I used to have the same idea about him as you bro, but he quickly changed my mind in his break out season and he stepped up in the Champions League as well as in the Euro 2012 (especially that spin-and-shoot goal vs the Netherlands).
TPSPriceless
TPSPriceless
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:54 pm

DeviAngel wrote:hell no, worlds most untalented striker, ffs Pizzaro is ahead of him... beside heading he has nothing else ..

Better than any of Juve's striker bar vucinic imo. I may be wrong tho.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:02 pm

Bénin wrote:

he might be but not the one we need
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Bénin wrote:

You're not wrong

But with Llorente's arrival an absolute, I wonder what the plan is
Can Llorente-Gomez work? I don't think so personally. Vucinic-Llorente or Vucinic-Gomez could but that leaves one as second choice.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:23 pm

Mario Gomez just came onto the pitch in the DFB Pokal semi final against VfL Wolfsburg in the 77th minute and scored a hattrick within 6 minutes. Efficient.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:26 pm

Luca wrote:
Bénin wrote:

You're not wrong

Can Llorente-Gomez work? I don't think so personally. Vucinic-Llorente or Vucinic-Gomez could but that leaves one as second choice.

the plan ? They'll keep Matri and Gio and they'll add SAnchez/Jovetic nothing more and we'll go 4-3-3
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:48 pm

That would be fun to see but then it means benching one of Chiellini/Bonucci/Barzagli as well as Asamoah and a proper leftback will be needed

Anyways, I'm just not sure if the plan will be a formation change rather than just strengthening the 3-5-2 because as far as I'm concerned this is still Juventus' best formation at the moment

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:59 pm

One of the most clinical strikers on the planet. I would take him in a heartbeat. Hes pretty much exactly what we need: a big strong forward who can score.with hia head or feet, is strong in the air, can hold up play for others to come into the play, and is clinical. The only problem is he doesnt track.back much.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:02 pm

For me Mario Gomez = world class when he is playing on form! However we are getting Llorente who I think will be just as good in a great team like Juve!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:05 pm

As good as Llorente is, Gomez is absolutely world class, and a top 3 CF in the world when on form. Only Falcao and Cavani are up there with him. (I dont conaider Messi and Ibra as CFs btw).
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:58 pm

honestly he's better than matri and quags...even if i love them more.

if he comes for free...or very cheaply...i would say yes...even if that means getting rid of both matri and quags...
i came to care about every juve player...as i see how all of them leave their hearts on the field now...but i hurts that we can't win big trophies with them..and it hurts to see them on the bench...if they stay.

gomez, llorente, vucinic and a top SS...would really make us competitive in UCL!!Gomez: 'Inter and Juve offers' Bth_drooling2smiley
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:10 am

Gomez, Llorente, Vucinic, Giovinco, and Pasquato and i think wed be set.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:43 am

if JUVENTUS plan to win CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, this is not the way you win it...

GOMEZ + IBRA + LORENTE, means no champions league...

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:47 am

juventus101 wrote:Gomez, Llorente, Vucinic, Giovinco, and Pasquato and i think wed be set.

Swap Pasquato with a real potential star like Muriel and were sorted drinking

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:14 am

this move could happen

we could very well have come this summer a forward line of Gomez, Llorente, Vucinic, Giovinco, Matri/Quag
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:36 am

Luca wrote:
Bénin wrote:

You're not wrong

My feeling is that LLorente will need some time to adapt because he is not a traditional n9 , certainly not the one to bang 20-25 goals a season but he makes up by his ability to link up. But the fact is vucinic is already there and i don't see LLorente waiting up front and play the poacher role.

He is some kind of hybrid and truth be said he is not that great. i see him as an improvement over Matri and Quags and that french guy who used to play in china (Razz ).

Sanchez, Jovetic are not impossible to get and would improve so much the attack. I really like the idea of Jovetic. sell giovinco because he needs too much game time to show something while he can't be a starter anymore.

But any thought about Benteke, he is a beast physically and would cost less than the others greats options.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:57 am

I think we will end up with diamanti and sanchez. I would MUCH rather get gomez, with llorente coming in with sanchez and keep vucinic sell all the others and we are set up front but this is an unrealistic dream that will not happen.
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by TPSPriceless Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:43 pm

Gomez agent cools Juve rumour
Juventus have made no enquiries regarding the future of Mario Gomez, his agent has underlined.

The Bayern Munich striker has been paired with the Old Lady in recent weeks given the uncertainty over his future with the Bundesliga giants.

“There has been no contact with Juventus,” representative Uli Ferber told calciomercato.it. “These are just rumours that are being heard.

“At this moment in time I can state with certainty that there have been no phone calls from any Juventus officials.”

Italian giants Inter have also been paired with the 27-year-old German international striker.

Gomez, signed from Stuttgart in the summer of 2009, has scored 13 goals in 25 games for Bayern this term.

Source: Football-Italia
TPSPriceless
TPSPriceless
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:17 pm

Please NO!
Probably the most overrated striker in Europe.Some say he's clinical but playing in a goalscoring machine like Bayern and scoring 1 in 4 chances doesn't make him a great striker.He doesn't have the mentality to accept being benched when he's not on form...
Plus if he was sooo good he wouldn't stay and warm the bench.
Let's give a chance to Llorente...
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:24 pm

How is Gomez with short passes? You need forwards who can hold up play with techical abilites, not another Matri
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:04 pm

juvealbanian wrote:Probably the most overrated striker in Europe.Some say he's clinical but playing in a goalscoring machine like Bayern and scoring 1 in 4 chances doesn't make him a great striker.He doesn't have the mentality to accept being benched when he's not on form...
Well, you might want to look at the stats:

In season 2010/11, Mario Gomez had an average rate of 2.85 shots/goal (Messi: 3.7; CRonaldo: 4.67)

This graph of January 2012 is telling, too:
Gomez: 'Inter and Juve offers' 2012_110
Gomez' shot accuracy is better than Messi's here, too

For 2011/12 I found the data in percentages, and there we have Gomez with a shooting accuracy of 69.5% and a chance conversion of 29.3%. To put this into perspective - Messi is at 68.7%/29.9% and CRonaldo is at 47.4%/21.8%.

In 2012/13, Mario Goméz effectiveness stands at 1 goal or assist every 53 minutes right now, which again puts him right behind Messi, while CRonaldo is trailing again (check the most effective player stats by jiopsi/Harmonica in the forum).

Moreover, he never complained for being benched so far. He is certainly not too happy about it, but his scoring is fantastic even when he comes only off the bench, so your claim that his mentality is lacking there is simply wrong.

Sources:
http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/Uf6PLAP8bkq10QLE7vi8pw/Show/Europe%E2%80%99s-20-Most-Clinical-Finishers-Season-201011
http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/yyd_trwcdkeowhvutstjma/Show
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:57 pm

rwo power wrote:
juvealbanian wrote:Probably the most overrated striker in Europe.Some say he's clinical but playing in a goalscoring machine like Bayern and scoring 1 in 4 chances doesn't make him a great striker.He doesn't have the mentality to accept being benched when he's not on form...
Well, you might want to look at the stats:

In season 2010/11, Mario Gomez had an average rate of 2.85 shots/goal (Messi: 3.7; CRonaldo: 4.67)

This graph of January 2012 is telling, too:
Gomez: 'Inter and Juve offers' 2012_110
Gomez' shot accuracy is better than Messi's here, too

For 2011/12 I found the data in percentages, and there we have Gomez with a shooting accuracy of 69.5% and a chance conversion of 29.3%. To put this into perspective - Messi is at 68.7%/29.9% and CRonaldo is at 47.4%/21.8%.

In 2012/13, Mario Goméz effectiveness stands at 1 goal or assist every 53 minutes right now, which again puts him right behind Messi, while CRonaldo is trailing again (check the most effective player stats by jiopsi/Harmonica in the forum).

Moreover, he never complained for being benched so far. He is certainly not too happy about it, but his scoring is fantastic even when he comes only off the bench, so your claim that his mentality is lacking there is simply wrong.

Sources:
http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/Uf6PLAP8bkq10QLE7vi8pw/Show/Europe%E2%80%99s-20-Most-Clinical-Finishers-Season-201011
http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/yyd_trwcdkeowhvutstjma/Show
Stats show that he is right behind Messi when it comes to finishing...but why he is not considered a Top 5 striker than?
I mean Falcao,Aguero,Cavani etc are all above Gomez,ManU and other teams are ready to pay 60+ mln for them not for Gomez.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:04 pm

Also how can you explain why Jupp Heynckes puts him on the bench and plays Mandzukic???
And about his mentality,of course no one likes to be benched but i read some news a few days ago when Gomez agent said he was going to leave Bayern cuz he doesn't gets playing time.At Juve,Conte always plays who is on form so anyone should accept starting from bench when not on form.

I think hes not Juve type player,he may be good but not what Juve need...
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: