McAgger
The Nature Boy
dmize
The Franchise
LeSwagg James
33 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 23 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:59 pm

My prediction of spurs in 7 is looking mighty good now :coffee:

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 23 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:04 pm

Danny Green's performance last night was amazing, that 3 he made a meter behind the line was key to the win
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:16 pm

The Heat will be fine.

I've seen this team overcome any and everything this season. Winning back to back games at home should be OK for them.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:07 pm

Any Americans want to give me an account to log into the 'watch espn' app on my iPhone until my dish gets hooked up? eco smile

(New US resident without cable or Internet that desperately needs to watch something)

Last edited by Swagg on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:37 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:If the Spurs win it Danny Green needs to be named finals MVP.

Agreed, what a monster.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Danny Green has no business winning the Finals MVP lol.

Every single one of his threes are WIDE open, due to Parker, Duncan, Leonard getting the focus of the defense. Miami's got to pick and choose: get killed on p&r's by Parker all night or help off and get killed by wide open 3's all night.

edit:

I counted 2 or 3 total, where he was actually guarded lol(in just the YT screencap, there's not one Heat player within 10 feet of him, looks like he's at a shootaround ffs). More an indictment on Miami than anything, absolutely atrocious D, Spo has never heard of the word adjustment.

If anything the award should go to the Heat: LVD. Least Valuable Defense.

But really it's Tony Parker for me.

Last edited by dmize on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:04 pm

Serge Ibaka: “There will be changes, like the departure of Kevin Martin,” Ibaka said, via HoopsHype. “We have room for improvement and we have to add something to improve our play.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/09/serge-ibaka-says-he-knows-nothing-about-whether-or-not-kevin-martin-will-be-back-with-the-thunder-next-season/

He probably wasn't supposed to say that lol. Nothing has been announced with Martin.

But that's good for OKC, get rid of Martin. Draft a big.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:15 pm

Yeah but Dmize you know someone is going to throw silly money at him because of all the 3s he scored during these finals Laughing

And then be shocked when he doesn't perform for them Laughing

Also about Heat winning the series because they have two home games.... they could but personally i think Spurs will take one of those games, not sure how many agree but i think Spurs are better on the road than they are at home.

But it won't be game 6 because Spurs constantly pace themselves and they don't get big games from Manu and Duncan back to back so quickly because of their age.... if you noticed they always come up big after a few days of rest.

So yeah still think Spurs will take it in 7.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:28 pm

Danny Green and Gary Neal are like the perfect role players for that squad. And yeah, if you ask him to be anything more than a 3 & D player it's not gunna end well. Shane Battier went 15/26(for the same reason as Green , and about the same %. Difference is OKC actually ADJUSTED) in the Finals last year, and look at him now.

I'm glad to see DG light up Miami, but Tony Parker should be getting just as much/more credit. GW shot, running the offense and commanding tons of attention, playing on a strained hamstring that could tear at any time.

I want to see Game 7 go to Overtime hmm. That hasn't happened in the Finals in 50 years.

Miami will bounceback after a loss like they have so far all playoffs, but Game 7 will be epic down to the wire imo.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:59 pm

Green cant even dribble the ball lol. His shooting his unprecedented but he doesn't get half those shots without Parker and Ginobili.

Finals MVP should go to Duncan or Parker IMO. Maybe even Kawhi Leonard for his defense on LBJ.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:57 pm

I really don't think the reasons for it matter, or who he is as a player matters either. He could totally just disappear and have not much of a career after this but that is irrelevant. Its about who has had the biggest impact in this series and its Green. The spurs are not up 3-2 without him hitting all these shots. It doesn't really matter if he's being left open, its not his fault the heat are defending the perimeter poorly, he's taking advantage of the heats weakness more than any other player on his team.

Parker and Duncan have been class, but they aren't doing anything that doesn't happen in the finals on a yearly basis. The kid has already broken the finals 3 point record and there is still a game left, possibly 2, and he has been shooting them at a ridiculously high percentage. 5 more and hell have hit more threes than anyone in any NBA play off series, ever.

So with all that in account. I don't understand how the suggestion of him winning it is lol worthy.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:50 am

Green is clearly San Antonio's MVP so far IMO, agree with everything vendetta has said..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:48 am

Danny Green has not had a bigger impact this series than Parker. Parker is the REASON he's getting the shots he's getting. He's not even being guarded. 21 of his 23 threes have been assisted on, that's 91%. Last time I checked he wasn't out there passing to himself.

Even breaking it down game by game for the Spurs:
Game 1: Tony Parker
Game 2: Danny Green
Game 3: Duncan or Leonard
Game 4: Tony Parker or Tim Duncan
Game 5: Manu Ginobili(followed by Parker not Green)

Green was clearly the best player in 1 game. To me that looks like a full team effort offensively, and everyone contributing like they have been is a product of great point guard play. Take out Danny Green last night, they still win. Without Parker, they don't.

And play like Parker and Duncan is in every finals? Yeah I vividly remember last year when Kendrick Perkins, Joel Anthony, Mario Chalmers and co played like HOFers.

Isiah Thomas, Michael Jordan, Michael Jordan, Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, Hakeem Olajuwon, Michael Jordan, Michael Jordan, Michael Jordan, Tim Duncan, Shaquille O'Neal, Shaquille O'Neal, Shaquille O'Neal, Tim Duncan, Chauncey Billups, Tim Duncan, Dwyane Wade, Tony Parker, Paul Pierce, Kobe Bryant, Kobe Bryant, Dirk Nowitzki, LeBron James.

Every single one except for Chauncey Billups are Hall of Famers. Role players don't win the award. The leader scorer doesn't always win the award. Historically, the entire playoffs are looked at also, not just the Finals. Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen were more important for the Celtics than Paul Pierce in 2008, not only that but Ray Allen broke finals records just like Green(more I believe actually, at least 2). Rip Hamilton was the leading scorer on the 2004 Pistons. Those are just 2 examples off the top of my head.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:23 am

When I said that performances like Parker and Duncan happen on a yearly basis that didn't mean I was saying every year in the finals, any and every PG and PF play just as well as they do. I meant that some players put on class performances as they have, every year. Its the finals. They have been great, and great players play there every year. But no one has done what green has done ever. And there are still games to go.

And its not just the numbers its been the timing of the shots he's made totally swinging Momentum in their favor or getting them back in games when things felt like they might have started to slip away.

He is a role player and thats why he won't win it. But I can imagine that if say Ray Allen was on the spurs this year instead of the heat and put on the same performance that Green has done, everyone would be hailing him as the GOAT and clear MVP, Or even maybe if Reggie Miller had done something similar in the past as well, people wouldn't think twice about it, but its because of the pedigree as to why he won't win it.

I'm not saying anyone who thinks differently is wrong, and I can't convince you to see it the same way that I do, but I think people write off this performance just as some scrub who got lucky because of bad defending and that is not fair in the slightest considering that he's breaking records at ridiculous percentages.

If Parker wins it, I wouldn't say "undeserved" or whatever, but I think Greens performance should be looked at more seriously, because I think its worth the debate. He deserves to be looked at equally from the other spurs players because the award pertains to this certain series and performances within this certain series, and not who they were in the past or who they will be in the future
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:41 am

Take a bow son
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:02 am

Fair enough.

But if it was Ray Allen, I personally still would say Parker. 19/21 is hard to ignore and even at his age and style of play, Ray Allen still doesn't get 90% of his FGs assisted. Nor do I look at DG like a scrub, in fact I've given props to him on multiple occasions. However, he's a 3 and D player who's game relies on his team entirely. When Shane Battier went off last year, everyone acknowledged that LeBron was facilitating that. Since it's Parker, that talk isn't as loud. I'm also not discounting the fact that Parker is playing on a hamstring that's probably hanging on by a thread. That's huge.

Anyway these last 2 games will decide the award, if Green manages to have another huge game in a closeout on the road, then I'm willing to say he's MVP. But imo, if SA wins in Miami it's going to be on the backs of Parker and Duncan.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:15 am

Before I go to bed and record the 2nd half and get more than 3hrs of sleep I have to say this.....

Tim Duncan take a f*cking bow son :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:16 am

Meh diaw >>> Duncan Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:27 am

Duncan is definitely getting finals mvp after this performance. Unreal.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:03 am

Heats are fouling like crazy
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:23 am

Green what are you doing to me I defended you
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:45 am

Game over.

Spurs Win it.

Timmy D.:bow:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:51 am

WTF am I watching?

Ray Allen. LBJ. GOATS
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:52 am

OVERTIME!!!!

RAY ALLEN. FCKING BEAST.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:56 am

WHAT A FKN SHOT. I had no doubts about that going in. I'm contradicted, I want the Heat to lose but that was freakin epic right there.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:09 am

Come on heat 45 seconds left in over time !
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next