McAgger
The Nature Boy
dmize
The Franchise
LeSwagg James
33 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 31 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by dmize Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 am

http://www.buzzfeed.com/bml/andre-drummond-teenage-dunk-monster-murderizes-nba-summer-le

had me rofl

For Vegas SL: Zeller for the Bobcats, looked good in the game today. He may not be that much of a reach afterall, but obv it's 1 game in summer league. CJ McCollum is gonna be nasty though(like I called :king: ). It's too bad he ended up in Portland though. He needs to play PG. Utah, Philly or Atlanta would've been much better spots for him. But he'll be real nice off the bench for them. Also Meyers Leonard is an absolutely stiff. This guy sucks, I thought he was supposed to be NBA ready. Stephen Adams, and Len will both be better.

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 31 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:31 am

Drummond is a monster lol...

Glad to see Monte get out of Milwaukee, he's one of my fave players in the league... Still don't see Dallas going past the first round of the playoffs though, if they make it that is
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Metta World Peace signs with the Knicks

Man what a ridiculous off season we are having. Its kind of funny. But I like this move. Awesome defender, and if Bargs sucks we have a back up plan, he'd be pefect to play at the 3 when we go small with Melo at the 4.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:12 am

Artest faked the media out he said he wasn't coming back to the NBA, he was going to China, so "he could drop 40 points a night" Laughing

Cool to see Artest is going to be playing in his home city. Can't remember the last NYC native to play for the Knicks.

Mavs might make the playoffs

Calderon
Ellis
Crowder?
Nowitzki
Oden?

but yeah not getting out of the 1st round. Entertaining team but no defense at ALL in that lineup.

Mavs have to be the biggest losers of the offseason so far. Cuban loaded up on cap space and they ended up with scraps.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:32 am

It's kind of crazy now that the Magic came out the best in the Howard trade.

Lakers: gave up a 1st rounder and an injured Bynum for 1 year of Howard. Not terrible considering Bynums health but still.

76ers: gave up Iguodala, Moe Harkless, Vucevic & a 1st for the right to have Andrew Bynum sit on the bench all year

Nuggets: gave up Afflalo and a 1st rounder only to lose Iguodala after 1 year as well

Magic: got Vucevic, Harkless, Afflalo and three 1st rounders. Not sure how highly protected they are but that 2015 76ers 1st is a lottery pick.

The Sixers really got effed over the worst. But at the same time gutting their team is going to get them a great pick next summer, and if Noel pans out, they have some potential.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:26 am

Mike Miller got amnestied, thought it was the right move, he has too many health problems to pay that much in luxury tax for him.. Won't be forgotten though, Heat legend Proud 

Hope we use that money on a big man, wouldn't mind giving Oden a shot if doctors give it the green light
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:55 pm

I would guess Mike Miller would go back to Memphis. I read he still has a house there. Exactly what they need too.

Chauncey Billups gets to wear # 1 on the Pistons again. Drummond offered it up and he will wear 0 next season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/andre-drummond-gives-uniform-number-deference-chauncey-billups-202827142.html
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:37 am

How did that sack win Best Play at the ESPYs? rofl 

He beat out Allen's three, DJ's alley oop and that High School buzzer beater.. What a joke
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoReus Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:41 am

any bulls fans on here?

cant wait for d rose to get back oni thought they were gonna trade of loul deng cause jimmy butler was having a great season. i think they overpaid for mike dunleavy
MarcoReus
MarcoReus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:10 am

Swagg wrote:How did that sack win Best Play at the ESPYs? rofl             

He beat out Allen's three, DJ's alley oop and that High School buzzer beater.. What a joke

That was the worst of the 4 plays :lol:but football(american) rules this country soo

The D12 ripping though haha:

Wade was rofl ing
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:26 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/brooklyn-nets/post/_/id/11860/kg-pierce-sit-down-with-sportscenter

Paul Pierce: “That’s the only thing about this whole ordeal. You just wish that when you look at the other players like Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, Dirk Nowitzki, those guys that have won a championship [with the only team they’ve ever played for], similar to what I’ve done, been there their whole career, it really kind of hurt.

“You’d look on the news throughout the season when Mark Cuban says ‘We’re never trading Dirk,’ or they say we’re never trading Tim or we’re gonna re-sign Kobe and there’s nothing really being said about me, I’m in trade rumors, so that part you think about it, it kind of it hurts.

This guy rofl

How dare we send him to a contender in the twilight of his career. We should've kept him and treadmilled for the next 5+ years.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:35 pm

Seems odd coming from PP considering it was he who convinced KG to leave Boston when he was resistant to it. Apperently took 1 and 30 minutes of convincing to give it up.

Also the difference is, those guys are still elite or real close to it, they can retool with those guys and still compete. Boston cant retool with PP and win..they have to get someone better than him in to do that..which they cant...so blowing it up was the real best option.

But PP already said this, he was if he was Ainge, he would do the same thing...so its kind of weird comments.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:40 pm

No doubt. If the Mavs had gotten Howard I mean Dirk/Howard together is deadly, and a couple more pieces and they can compete. He's not on those guys levels and even if he was, we're in no position to put a contender around him.

Also whats up Dani did you take a break from the forum?
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:00 pm

A little bit.

I got a new job at some point which demanded a ton of my time, 2-3 weeks ago I got free of that but the forum was so pathetic to read I didnt even want to come here. I was going to come on here to just post in this thread but in the end I noticed I was barely checking the forum once a week and just thought better of it.

Last couple days been checking a bit more and Ill join in, at least while im on holiday.

The Rockets signing Howard and Barca making horrific decisions wasnt helping either.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Was wondering what you were up to Smile

You're dissatisfied with the Howard signing?

His time in LA was distasteful and annoying, but to me, with the players Houston have, they're in a very good position to give him what he wants. Good shooters, young team whose primary offence was in transition....I think with that he's a great signing.

Of course his personality and work ethic leaves alot to be desired ; but overall I think for the best defensive player in the league and someone who will almost certainly guarantee ~ 20 a night (albeit in a limited and sometimes regressive fashion)....he's more than worth the money.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:35 pm

Lol, was wondering your thoughts on the Rockets now that they got Howard. They will be entertaining to watch for sure, but I still think they need to move Asik at the very least, and probably Lin.

Asik doesn't want to play with or behind Howard, and playing them together would be a disaster in anything more than short minutes. Lin if he had a consistent outside shot could work, but he already struggled playing off the ball with Harden, now will do it even more so.

Probably need a stretch 4 first, but they really need a good ball handling SG than can defend PG's and spot up shoot as well.

Underrated move was Morey sending Royce White to the 76ers for a Nintendo64 and a pack of bubbalicious. 76ers really going hard for that #1 pick.

edit: for their rotation: Terrence Jones has looked really good, granted in Summer League. Beverly is a solid 2nd PG. They also got Francisco Garcia. Motiejunas can probably contribute this year I would guess? They also drafted a PG Isiah Canaan.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:41 pm

Canaan was projected as a late 1st rounder, Rockets got him in the early 2nd. He's got some talent.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Parsons did play some 4 last year. They also have Motiejuanas. I would have preferred to keep Asik, I think you could play them together with Harden for extra defense ; he'd get minutes...but if they trade him it should be quick.

You think the Spurs would do something like Green + Bonner for Asik + a pick?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Of course I am, you know me lol I cant stand the guy.

I dont think he is the best defensive player at all...he blocks some shots and is a terrific rebounder...and thats where it ends. He can be taken by guys who face him up, he doesnt hedge or come out on the screen and rolls and everytime his man scores, its someone elses fault because he had to help....ignoring the fact, its his damn job to help...challanging the driver and blocking the pass to your man is big man defending 101. You cant get pissy about it when it goes wrong.

Hes a very good defensive center by todays standards, but overall...highly overrated on that end when people call him the out and out best in the entire league.

In our high possession offence I expect him to crack 20 a game sure, but his lack of a post game and horrific free shooting render him useless in crucial times. Throw in he turns it over 4 times a game and cant make more than the most basic passes from the post.....McHale has got so much work to do with him....and im not convinced he is he is a willing learner anyway.

He complained about playing pick and roll with D'Antoni...will he do the same again? Because putting him in the low block and trying to win the game from their will do no good and Harden and especially Lin need someone setting real picks.

I am glad we landed a impact player and I am glad we are not stuck in that 8th place limbo we are usually in but Howard is not my kind of player at all.

James Harden is still our best player in my eyes.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:58 pm

As for player moves, not question we need a 4 with range. But I also think we have no use for these 4's who can shoot but cant defend or rebound. We already a poor defensive team who play alot of possessions.

Ryan Anderson would be nice, he is a scrapper.

Another wing like dmize said. Other than that, we going to need an actual point guard..not Lin..get those 3, or at least the 4 and point, we could perhaps contend in the West. Without it, maybe a 4-5th place finish and best case scenario second round exit which is good progress to me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Fair enough.

I think there are a couple different sides to defense. I think by some standards, he's the best just for protecting the rim. He covers more lateral distance than any other guy with his steps, blocks shots, makes his presence felt all that. Not just that but he completes the plays with his rebounding, which other elite defensive guys have real diffficulty with. I saw it the second half of the season with the Lakers, his improved play was probably the main reason for the turnaround.

He does however, lack intelligence. From simple things other guys like Noah seem to have a natural awareness for, when to come out, when to sit back, how to block a shot without just giving the ball back. In that sense he's more an asset to be used than someone who gives you sustainable defense. If used properly he's the best, if not he's not very effective. He's not going to do himself any favors.

So Mchale need to micro-manage the defense to a large extent for it to be a success.

The post game, its terribad. Don't know what else to say. Basic stuff, catching, keeping the ball high, seem to be lost on him. Doesn't set picks, doesn't roll hard. The encouraging thing is even though there's significant room for improvement, he still gets 20 a night off dunks and freethrows basically. IMO he needs the face up move he had in Orlando, he's desperately missing it. That was his most effective offense.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:11 pm

He covers ground sure, but its no good if your going to complain at the guy behind who doesnt rotate to your man every single time you fail to block off that passing lane. That stuff is going to happen (especially on our team) and being a bitch about it wont help...be a defensive leader.

Hes a real good rim protector, no question. But the other aspects, I find really are underlooked.

I agree about the face up and go move, FAR more effective for him than back to the basket for him.

Maybe he lost some of that quickness, explosion and lift...I know for sure he did actually, if its gone for good, I dont know, we will see.

But if he wants to become that face up guy anyway, just like 4 years ago people were saying..you need to add a jumper to it...which is has completely failed to do.

Indeed, he will put up 20 a game, especially with us, but when and how are just as important and im afraid that will be his weakness and in the end undoing.

Despite that, I would put up with it if he can put his ego aside (fat chance) and quickly realise Harden is the guy who should have the ball in his hands and this at best for Howard is a equal relationship.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:14 pm

Yo Dani how do you like the moves my Warriors have been making?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:17 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
You think the Spurs would do something like Green + Bonner for Asik + a pick?

Not sure the Spurs would want to pay, what is it, another 20m? to Asik when they just locked up Splitter for around 10m/year I believe.

I thought the Anderson/Asik swap would've been good for both teams. Davis/Asik is an amazing defensive frontcourt. Anderson/Howard is a proven 4/5 combo.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:19 pm

McAgger wrote:Yo Dani how do you like the moves my Warriors have been making?

You got AI2 and who else?

You lost Landry and Jack, anyone else?

Want to make sure im up to date before I comment.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:26 pm

The Franchise wrote:and im not convinced he is he is a willing learner anyway.

He complained about playing pick and roll with D'Antoni...will he do the same again? Because putting him in the low block and trying to win the game from their will do no good and Harden and especially Lin need someone setting real picks.

I am glad we landed a impact player and I am glad we are not stuck in that 8th place limbo we are usually in but Howard is not my kind of player at all.

James Harden is still our best player in my eyes.

The 1st part, I agree. He said he wanted to work with Kareem when he got to L.A... never called him back. At this point he is what he is, it'd be great if he developed a consistent post move, but I wouldn't count on it.

A great, great read by Bill Simmons on Howard from back in May: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9308573/searching-dwight-howard

Houston won't win their first year obviously, but with Parsons developing, if they fill in the team with good fits, and depending on what happens in 2014 FA with Bron... they could win a title in a few seasons.

This upcoming season I see another OKC vs Miami rematch.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next