flameas
DeviAngel
djfawnz
Targus
Tomwin Lannister
34 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

FC Bayern - Juventus. The official matchday thread - Page 6 Empty Re: FC Bayern - Juventus. The official matchday thread

Post by Fuzail Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:47 pm

Did not read everything but read enough of Conte being tactically inept haha what? Razz

Conte did nothing wrong, we were scared that is all and that is why I am mad at Pirlo and Buffon. Apart from them none of our players are used to pressure. They should have lifted the team after the first goal and they would have done the rest. But if your experienced players are acting like kids you lose to two stupid goals

Fuzail
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

FC Bayern - Juventus. The official matchday thread - Page 6 Empty Re: FC Bayern - Juventus. The official matchday thread

Post by Luca Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:36 pm

Fuzail wrote:Did not read everything but read enough of Conte being tactically inept haha what? Razz

Conte did nothing wrong, we were scared that is all and that is why I am mad at Pirlo and Buffon. Apart from them none of our players are used to pressure. They should have lifted the team after the first goal and they would have done the rest. But if your experienced players are acting like kids you lose to two stupid goals

His line up choices were arguable
And yeah, Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci and Marchisio are all used to that kind of pressure- all participated in the Euro final for Italy

Anyways, general message, the age old message that never gets across to people.

Just because fans are critical of managers, players, teams, transfer directors doesn't mean that they aren't fans. Just because you're a fan, doesn't mean that the team is perfect. Just because Conte has done a fantastic job, doesn't mean he can't improve. If, in his press conference after the game, he sat down, put his feet up on the table and said Juventus were in seventh place before me, he would look like a giant jack*ss and for good reason too.

Everyone deserves criticism after the performance at Bayern, you learn more from a loss than any victory and this is the perfect example of why that is.

Embrace it, Conte doesn't fart rainbows and sh*t out unicorns. He's a flawed man, managing a flawed team, in a flawed league playing a flawed sport and that's the beauty of everything

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:56 pm

7amood11 wrote:
TrezeGent wrote:Lol at people criticizing Conte.

If he's to be criticized, it's because he got us get used to always win. He got a crap 7th place team and returned them to the Elite of Europe.

With less then 10 games coaching experience in CL, he lost to the most in form team in the world (at their own stadium). I just don't see what's there to criticize considering our attacking power.

Besides, we still have 90 more minutes at the Juventus Stadium. It's not over yet.

We all know that Conte is an incredible manager, and there is no shame in losing a Champions League tie with such an inexperienced squad against one of the best teams in the world. After all, Conte is a young manager, and this is just a game that he will learn a lot from.

However, when Conte does make a mistake, I think it definitely deserves to be talked about. Conte DID set up the team that was incredibly defensive. And while we cannot fault him for doing this because it worked incredibly well vs Celtic, it was painfully apparent from the first few touches of the game (even before Alaba's goal) that this system wasn't going to work vs Bayern. Their incessant pressing with Juve's players all over the place just wasn't going to work.

And yet Juve spent the majority of the game playing in the same, defensive, suicidal system, and only decided to change it very late into the game. It was a big mistake from Conte that was painfully obvious, and I hope he drastically changes the team's style of play for the 2nd leg.

Now, let me reiterate what I mentioned earlier so it doesn't go misunderstood. In no way am I discrediting Conte for his incredible contributions over the past 2 seasons. However, when he makes big mistakes, and making big mistakes is inevitable for managers as young as him, it is necessary to give constructive criticism.

True Momo. What Conte has done till now is absolutely wonderful, and I don't think any other coach would be able to pull this Juve the way he did.

My point was, I don't really think Conte had a better choice than playing the way we did in Allianz Arena. Vucinic was sick, Giovinco wasn't fully fit after that horror tackle, leaving us with the options of Quagliarella and Matri. We all know they're terrible at ball control and link up play. Had he asked Pirlo, Vial and Marchisio to press more and support Quagli and Matri we would've been even more exposed at the back, and Bayern would have definitely benefited even more from that.

The only part I'd question Conte is the inclusion of Peluso instead of Asamoah. Because he chose counter-attacking Asa would've been much more of a danger to Bayern than Peluso was, but then again, Asa's form hasn't been too good lately.

Besides that, had we scored a goal from a set-piece things would've been way more different, and probably the majority of the Juve forum would be happy.

Having said that, the game vs Bayern was one of the worst Juve performances since Conte took over, it just seemed that everything was going wrong for Juve.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:14 pm

Excellent post Luca, couldn't agree more.

If you point out a teams/players faults some people seem to label you as a bad 'fan' or go as far as saying that you're not a 'true fan'

It's stupidity in high proportions. If nobody criticises people, then they're not always going to understand what went wrong or how they can improve.

You don't think Conte points out where players are going wrong? Even if we win 3-1 there will be faults that could eventually be exploiited and it's the teams job to fix it.

Conte has done a great job so far but he's inexperienced at this level and he must learn.

There is nothing wrong with fans pointing out errors.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:38 pm

juventus101 wrote:Did you only read the first sentence of my post. I said that they had a good game, hut meant defensively. Yes they had trouble passing but that was because Buffon out them in horrible situations, which is not their fault. And considering we wdrd under conztant pressure (since Quagz and Matri sucked, couldnt hold the ball up AT ALL so it went right back to Bayern), only conceding 2 is not bad. We're still in this. But Chiellini and Barzagli were not bad DEFENSIVELY, considering they were bombarded for 90 minutes. Peluso being useless didnt help Chiellini either fight off Robben AND Mandzukic.
I did read your whole post, but it looks like you didn't read mine. Both Chiellini and Barzagli made several mistakes DEFENSIVELY, both of them were extremely confused the whole match, probably never seen it before. I'm blaming it on the very early goal though.

Also it's kinda funny people are still blaming our strikers mostly for the performance, even though Quags and Matri got around 2 or 3 useful passes from the midfield in the whole game. If the defenders and midfielders can't get a normal pass through our own half then there is no point talking about strikers at all.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:48 pm

Quags and Matri got PLENTY of useful passes from the midfield. Particularly in the beginning of the game. They just couldnt hold it up, couldnt pass, and instead tried flick ons and other stupid crap. It all stems from their inability to hold the ball up. And no, i dont remember any mistakes defensively that Chiellini or Barzagli made, not one. Chiellini defended Robben perfectly, showing him to his right foot, the only problem was sometimes Mandzukic would push out wider to occupy Chiellini, and Robben would cut in, and Peluso needs to read that, but he didnt. Not Chiellinis fault. Barzagli had a bad game passing the ball because of the situations Buffon put him in, but defensuvely was also solid. The defense had a good game defebnsively. We ldt in only 2 goals, one off a deflection and one was offside, from a 90-minute non stop onslaught from the best team in the world. And people keep saying they blew alot of chances. Yes, they blew some chances, but they didnt have any that were sitters or one on ones with the kseper. They were more half chances.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:47 pm

Come on juve, u cant go out like this! Destroy them in the return leg!
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6