habsky
S
DeviAngel
RealGunner
Juventino89
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Galatasaray Vs Juventus - Matchday Thread Empty Galatasaray Vs Juventus - Matchday Thread

Post by Juventino89 Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:02 pm

Juventino89 wrote:Galatasaray-Juventus Preview: Turkish champions must beat Bianconeri to progress

The Serie A titleholders need only a point to qualify for the knockout stage but will face a typically hostile reception in Istanbul

Galatasaray host Juventus a winner-takes-all Champions League clash at the Turk Telekom Arena on Tuesday night.

However, while Antonio Conte's men have just one win from five Group B fixtures so far, three draws sees the Serie A champions occupy the second qualifying spot behind Real Madrid, two points ahead of their hosts, meaning a draw would be good enough for the Bianconeri to progress to the knockout stage.

Furthermore, the Italians have been on an impressive run of form of late and are unbeaten in nine matches in all competitions.

That said, Gala's nine-game unbeaten home record against Italian opponents will be a cause of some concern for the men from Turin.

Galatasaray coach Roberto Mancini - a boyhood Juventus fan - took charge of the Turkish champions for the first time in the reverse fixture on October 2 and has a record of five wins, nine draws and five defeats against the Old Lady as a coach.

The matchday two fixture between these sides ended 2-2, with Didier Drogba putting the visitors ahead before late goals from Arturo Vidal and Fabio Quagliarella appeared to have given the Serie A titleholders the three points - only for Umut Bulut to fire home two minutes from time to snatch a draw.

Drogba has history when it comes to eliminating Juventus from the Champions League, scoring in both games as Chelsea beat the Serie A club 3-2 over two legs in the round of 16 in 2008-09.

The most significant piece of team news is the absence of Bianconeri playmaker Andrea Pirlo, who is set to be out until next month with knee ligament damage, though Galatasaray will be without long-term absentee Hamit Altintop.

Speaking after his side's 4-1 defeat against Madrid a fortnight ago, Mancini said of the qualification showdown with Juve: "We will definitely need the support of our fans.

"They have to back us until the final whistle and we are certain that it will be like that. We will try to get the three points with the famous pressure that Galatasaray fans create."

http://www.goal.com/en/match/122466/galatasaray-vs-juventus/preview

Possible starting lineups:

Gala: Muslera; Zan, Guiselam, Chedjou; Eboue, Melo, Inan, Riera; Sneijder; Yilmaz, Drogba

Juve: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichsteiner, Vidal, Pogba, Marchisio, Asamoah; Tevez, Llorente
Juventino89
Juventino89
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Galatasaray Vs Juventus - Matchday Thread Empty Re: Galatasaray Vs Juventus - Matchday Thread

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:32 pm

bump
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Galatasaray Vs Juventus - Matchday Thread Empty Re: Galatasaray Vs Juventus - Matchday Thread

Post by DeviAngel Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:33 pm

RealGunner wrote:bump
TY Heart  Laughing
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:39 pm

Glad to see Licht is back.Feeling extremely confident about this game.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventino89 Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:55 pm

S wrote:Glad to see Licht is back.Feeling extremely confident about this game.

Yeah me to, for some reason I'm not half as nervous as I was during the home game
Juventino89
Juventino89
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by habsky Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Juventino89 wrote:

Yeah me to, for some reason I'm not half as nervous as I was during the home game
This kind of game will always make me nervous Wink

However, getting Licht back is a huge boost, especially given what we have as alternatives.

habsky
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventino89 Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:48 pm

habsky wrote:
Juventino89 wrote:

This kind of game will always make me nervous Wink

However, getting Licht back is a huge boost, especially given what we have as alternatives.

yeah i'm also very glad we have  licht back.  But I didn't find isla to bad. Every game he improved a bit and  still think he can regain his udinese form.
Juventino89
Juventino89
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:16 pm

Juventino89 wrote:

because in the first we were off form, and we missed Licht and Vucinic and Llorente wasn't blend in yet so..
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventino89 Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:27 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Juventino89 wrote:

because in the first we were off form, and we missed Licht and Vucinic and Llorente wasn't blend in yet so..

also becuase galatasaray disappointed me alot during their Cl campaign. They couldn't do anything against ten men of Madrid and Kopenhagen beated them at home.
Juventino89
Juventino89
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:15 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:10 pm

For the sake of Serie A - hopefully that 3 men defense works this time
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:42 pm

Sweeet gonna be home to watch this match live!!!!! bounce 
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:50 pm

Juventus probable XI v Galatasaray

Juventus will line-up with a 3-5-2 at Galatasaray this evening as they look to secure a place in the last 16 of the Champions League.

After using a 4-3-3 in the competition against Real Madrid earlier this term, Conte will stick with the system he uses in Serie A.

After being rested for the win at Bologna on Friday, Leonardo Bonucci returns to the back-three in place of Angelo Ogbonna.

Stephan Lichtsteiner will begin on the right of midfield after recovering from injury, but there will be no place for Andrea Pirlo who will be out until the start of 2014.

In attack, Carlos Tevez – without a goal in the Champions League for four years – will partner Fernando Llorente.

The Italian champions need a draw to secure a place in the knock-out phase, but Galatasaray will go through instead with a victory.

Juventus probable: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Marchisio, Pogba, Vidal, Asamoah; Llorente, Tevez.

Galatasaray Vs Juventus - Matchday Thread 1410790_566673336753797_988520084_o
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:56 pm

#Juventus starting XI: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pogba, Marchisio, Asamoah, Tevez, Llorente #GalaJuve

#Juventus substitutes: Storari, Caceres, Ogbonna, Isla, Padoin, Quagliarella, Giovinco #GalaJuve
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:41 pm

Anyone have a feed?
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:40 pm

That weather..

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by habsky Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:55 pm

Match abandoned, probably going to be resumed tomorrow.

habsky
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:09 pm

Hail in Istanbul  Shocked 
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Istanbul, North East Murica  Shocked 
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:15 pm

btw guys check out the La Famiglia sticky and post a bio to share to your other Juventino's a little about yourself Smile
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:32 pm

good postponement for juve ... no more "burning" stadium now ... they play in working hours ...home supporters were of the few hopes for Gala
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:48 am

Galatasaray-Juventus will resume from 0-0 at the 32nd minute at 13.00 GMT on Wednesday after it was abandoned due to snow.

The Champions League Group B decider was halted by Portuguese referee Pedro Proenca after snow and hail made the pitch unplayable in Istanbul.

It was still goalless at the time, as Fernando Llorente had the only real scoring opportunity.

UEFA have now confirmed the game will resume from 0-0 at the 32nd minute, so the remaining hour will be played tomorrow at 15.00 local time (13.00 GMT).

It had originally been announced for 12.00 GMT, but the Turkish police argued they would not be able to enforce security at that time, so it was pushed back by an hour.

There are still concerns over this, as heavy snow is also expected in Istanbul on Wednesday. The weather is expected to be worse in the evening.

Meanwhile, Juventus had to find a different hotel, as the one they had been staying in was booked up. The night was even longer, as at 12.30am local time they were still stuck in traffic trying to leave the stadium.

The referee stopped play on 27 minutes, although the players did not actually leave the pitch until the 32nd.

It is a bizarre coincidence, as this is the third time a Galatasaray-Juventus match has been moved.

The first was on November 25 1998, when the tie was postponed by a week due to a diplomatic incident between Italy and Turkey.

Italy had given passage to Ocalan, who was considered a terrorist in Turkey,fuelling extreme tension around the game.

In November 2003, Galatasaray-Juventus was again postponed after terrorist attacks in Istanbul a few days beforehand.

It was moved to Dortmund a week later and Galatasaray won 2-0.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:49 am

Its starts at 2 cet Smile
Got a math exam tomorrow! Sad
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:57 am

Still bad weather in Istanbul, if it's postponed again.......

Galas fault for not having any means whatsoever to cope with snow/hail.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:58 am

I really have a bad feeling about this match tbh...
It reminds me of the juve-bayern of 2009 when we lost 4-1
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next