guest7
The Franchise
Mr Nick09
Ganso
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Would they?

Let's say Spain didn't have Xavi,Iniesta and Busquets  Vote_lcap32%Let's say Spain didn't have Xavi,Iniesta and Busquets  Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 7 ]
Let's say Spain didn't have Xavi,Iniesta and Busquets  Vote_lcap68%Let's say Spain didn't have Xavi,Iniesta and Busquets  Vote_rcap 68% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 22

Let's say Spain didn't have Xavi,Iniesta and Busquets  Empty Let's say Spain didn't have Xavi,Iniesta and Busquets

Post by Ganso Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:04 am

Do you think that they would be just as successful as they are atm with replacements like Cesc,Mata,Cazorla,Isco,Javi Martinez etc?

edit:one extra question, how do you think they would look like?for me:

-----Javi-----Xabi-----
-Silva---Cesc--Pedro-
---------Villa---------
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Let's say Spain didn't have Xavi,Iniesta and Busquets  Empty Re: Let's say Spain didn't have Xavi,Iniesta and Busquets

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:09 am

Of course not, you can never replace a generation of champions with bench players even if they are world class. Fact is, Iniesta and Xavi are goat level, no other spanish player come close to them, and Busquets is their near perfect compliment although him could be replaced imo. But Spain are Spain become of Xavi's influence on their game, as well as Iniesta's.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Let's say Spain didn't have Xavi,Iniesta and Busquets  Empty Re: Let's say Spain didn't have Xavi,Iniesta and Busquets

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:13 am

I think there might be a slim chance they could still win things, but in terms of level..they wouldnt be as good, nowhere near. And the years gone past and things they have won, they wouldnt of won without them. If you bring it to the present, an Alonso, Martinez and Mata/Cesc midfield with Silva/Cesc, Pedro and Villa for example. Thats pretty tough....pretty strong...they might win something in theory, but they wont be as tough for to beat for sure.

With those players, they would turn the ball over alot much often and the defence would be exposed more.

I think that is the biggest thing that Barca trio gives them today, all 3, especially Xavi and Busquets, hardly ever give the ball away, saving everyone more work. And Iniesta is a genuis, capable of things noone else on the team is, in my opinion.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:14 am

Which team would be better though?

Choke-Germany? LOL
Italy? I don't think so.

So yes, I think that team would win aswell. NT football is weak right now.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:18 am

No because they would have to play more directly and the defence would suffer.

Also i would play Mata instead of Silva considering the direct approach they would have to take and Mata is more of a forward than Silva is who would slow down the approach other wise i wouldn't change anything from that line up.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:28 am

They wouldn't imo. Xavi and Iniesta are Spain's top two players.

That lineup is still good, however it's not the best in terms of possession.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:39 am

I think they wouldve still won Euro 2008, but Germany wouldve won the WC and Italy wouldve won the Euro. Xavi and Iniesta were important in 2008, but absolutely CRUCIAL in 2010 and 2012. Busquets is a non factor here because he could be replaced. Put Martinez in his place and there wouldnt really be a difference. With Silva and Fabregas also in the starting XI in Euro 2012, the only replacements for them left are Cazorla and Mata, which is a noticeable drop in quality.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:50 am

In a different formation Busquets would be important for Spain, just like he is for Barca.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:57 am

I'm with Juve on this one. Spain were far ahead of anyone else at the 08 Euros, but scraped through the 2010 WC, they got a brilliant bench, but nothing anybody's got ATM compares to Xaviesta especially considering the chemistry those two got with each other. Doesn't matter how great Cesc etc are, they just aren't Xavi. Or Iniesta.

They might've still won the 2012 Euros, but nowhere near as easily as they actually did.
We'll all live to see this, Xavi is getting old, just wait for his retirement. It'll push Spain back down a notch. They'll still compete for everything, but they'll lose a lot of their sense of security and calm.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:08 am

It depends. In this scenario, do they still play for Barca or do they simply not exist?

I think a huge part to their success is that they have a core amount of players, that are key to determining their style, that play together twice a week. If they simply did not exist and Barca played with a comparable midfield of Silva - Javi - Thiago I think it would be a step down but it wouldn't be ridiculously dramatic either since the chemistry would not be gone. We have to consider that the level of international football is far inferior to that of club so if they retained the style and the chemistry they could still be successful even with less talented players.

Now what if Busi, Xavi and Iniesta got injured right before the WC? I think it would be a huge blow they wouldn't quite recover from.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:47 am

While i agree BC wouldn't Javi-Isco-Thiago be better? if we are considering chemistry purposes considering they have played together.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:49 am

Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta have played together for club level are proven etc etc. Javi, Thiago and Isco I guess have played just for the youth teams, so they'll have a bit of chemistry, but not as much as Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:51 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta have played together for club level are proven etc etc. Javi, Thiago and Isco I guess have played just for the youth teams, so they'll have a bit of chemistry, but not as much as Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta.

I meant better than Javi-Silva-Thiago as i don't think those 3 have played together at least as far as i'm aware.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:58 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:While i agree BC wouldn't Javi-Isco-Thiago be better? if we are considering chemistry purposes considering they have played together.
Well if they all hypothetically played for Barca then it wouldn't make a difference if they played before or not. If the team was improvised then yeah I suppose Isco might be better. Also Silva is not having the best of seasons.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:04 am

Iniesta would be the hardest to replace imo hmm

Spain would still have a shot at winning stuff though they'd just have to alter their approach a bit.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:08 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta have played together for club level are proven etc etc. Javi, Thiago and Isco I guess have played just for the youth teams, so they'll have a bit of chemistry, but not as much as Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta.

I meant better than Javi-Silva-Thiago as i don't think those 3 have played together at least as far as i'm aware.

I think it would be kinda similar. Imo youth team chemistry may not make much of a difference and leaving Silva out would be difficult because of his experience.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:14 am

Thiago has no business being in a Spain starting XI
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:16 am

Zealous wrote:

As of right now i agree i was just responding to BC's post.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:21 am

juventus101 wrote:I think they wouldve still won Euro 2008, but Germany wouldve won the WC and Italy wouldve won the Euro. Xavi and Iniesta were important in 2008, but absolutely CRUCIAL in 2010 and 2012. Busquets is a non factor here because he could be replaced. Put Martinez in his place and there wouldnt really be a difference. With Silva and Fabregas also in the starting XI in Euro 2012, the only replacements for them left are Cazorla and Mata, which is a noticeable drop in quality.

Agree about 2008. With Senna and Alonso in the middle supported by Silva and Cazorla Spain would have probably had enough to win it regadless. Especially with Villa and Torres playing well.

2010, I don't know. They scrapped by each team 1-0 to win it but that suggests to me that they could have still won it since all they had to do was scrape by. All they'd have to do is defend well and keep the ball and rely on an in form Villa to score for them. That would have been very doable. However I don't think they would have won without Iniesta.

Euro 2008. Spain would have probably won regardless. Xavi didn't have a great tournament until the final. A midfield of Alonso, Silva and Javi Martinez would still be one of the best in the tournament.

Again Iniesta is the man for me, he'd be the hardest to replace. With Xavi and Busquets I see clear replacements available (whether they are upgrades or downgrades is a different debate).

Last edited by Zealous on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:21 am

I think they would still be serious contenders- even favorites, but no I highly highly doubt they would be able to be as successful as they have been the last 5 years. Xaviestquets is just too formidable a midfield. They take the Spanish team from a great NT to one that seems unbeatable at times. A national team that is legendary.

Another more interesting question to me is...Spain without Villa. How successful would they be? Specifically after 2008 since you know...Torres. Would Llorente be able to bring Spain to such great heights as Spanish legend Villa?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:25 am

Zealous wrote:

he has no business in being at the NT at all (not because he isnt spanish,just because there are plenty of better players)

CBarca wrote:I think they would still be serious contenders- even favorites, but no I highly highly doubt they would be able to be as successful as they have been the last 5 years. Xaviestquets is just too formidable a midfield. They take the Spanish team from a great NT to one that seems unbeatable at times. A national team that is legendary.

Another more interesting question to me is...Spain without Villa. How successful would they be? Specifically after 2008 since you know...Torres. Would Llorente be able to bring Spain to such great heights as Spanish legend Villa?
Well, i think they would somehow manage to score.Villa wasnt there in Euro 2012 and didnt really do a whole lot at the WC knockout stages
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:50 am

How is this even a question? OPTA released World Cup stats a few months ago and no player in World Cup history created more goalscoring chances than Xavi did in 2010 except Cruyff in 74. Forget Busquets and Iniesta. Taking Xavi out alone would kill Spain's chances of winning things. You don't take out the best central midfielder of all time and continue to win.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:19 pm

probably their freaks. the only midfields that come close to the current spain 1 and bench team is italy,germany, frances and actually belgium . witsel,fellaini, de bruyne,defour,dembele,chadli is pretty damn good
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:27 pm

Xavi, Iniesta are GOATS and Busquests is close as well. The thing is that Spain have so much quality players in every area of the park so you could see similar performances by almost every side you play with.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:21 pm

CBarca wrote:Another more interesting question to me is...Spain without Villa. How successful would they be?

Win both Euros. Crash out at hte group stages or quarters at the latest of the WC.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next