DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Juve's tactics - good watch  Empty Re: Juve's tactics - good watch

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:28 pm

Very nice.

I said many times, while Juve dont have the biggest named strikers I do feel their movement is excellent and makes up for their lack of outstanding individualism.

And for closing off Pirlo, they counter by allowing a side defender to advance the ball.

If your the defending team, you still prefer that. You want the those defenders, not Pirlo playing the first pass into the midfield zone and especially the attacking zone.

The "mistake" here is, for me, you still got to apply some level of pressure on the defenders. If you give them time and space, Chiellini and Bonnuci can still pass the ball..you got to get at them with some level of pressure.

I mean, hes a defender sure, but you can just ignore him completely 40m from goal to make a pass.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:31 pm

The Franchise wrote:Very nice.

I said many times, while Juve dont have the biggest named strikers I do feel their movement is excellent and makes up for their lack of outstanding individualism.

And for closing off Pirlo, they counter by allowing a side defender to advance the ball.

If your the defending team, you still prefer that. You want the those defenders, not Pirlo playing the first pass into the midfield zone and especially the attacking zone.

The "mistake" here is, for me, you still got to apply some level of pressure on the defenders. If you give them time and space, Chiellini and Bonnuci can still pass the ball..you got to get at them with some level of pressure.

I mean, hes a defender sure, but you can just ignore him completely 40m from goal to make a pass.

Bonucci is like second Pirlo for us, he has great vision and passing if Pirlo is marked and Barzagli and Chiello pressured he makes great long passes.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:45 pm

I agree. If im the opponant, I dont leave Pirlo, Bonucci, Chiellini and then Barzagli in that order.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:57 pm

Its a difficult decision to make tbh.... If you press Pirlo and let one of the defenders go then they get it into one of the strikers, wingbacks or Marchisio/Vidal.

If you press the defenders then Pirlo is free and you don't want that Laughing

Also i love the triangles that Vucinic makes consistently not the first time i noticed it but tactically its excellent he may not score the goals some may want but tactically he is fantastic.

Just wets the appetite for Bayern v Juve tbh will be interesting to see how both teams adapt to each others tactics.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Its a difficult decision to make tbh.... If you press Pirlo and let one of the defenders go then they get it into one of the strikers, wingbacks or Marchisio/Vidal.

If you press the defenders then Pirlo is free and you don't want that Laughing

Also i love the triangles that Vucinic makes consistently not the first time i noticed it but tactically its excellent he may not score the goals some may want but tactically he is fantastic.

Just wets the appetite for Bayern v Juve tbh will be interesting to see how both teams adapt to each others tactics.

I tihnk we are going to defend we are going according to reports with 3-5-1-1

Juve's tactics - good watch  2w7if41
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:52 pm

The inclusion of Pogba into the starting XI is proactive and also practical as it allows the SS (marchisio) to be the extra man in MF while in the defensive phase. Giovinco or Matri would not be able to do that.

This leaves Pogba to play the Marchisio role (a true #8 role) which is clearly where he excels. This is really getting interesting. Pogba was an animal for France the other day. Hope he brings that form to the game against bayern.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:53 pm

Dem triangles Proud
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:54 pm

Yeah i wonder if Marchisio will be used as an SS long term with Llorente or Vucinic as the CF.

A lot of Marchisio's skill sets are suited very well to the role anyway so it could be a good thing.

Swanhends wrote:Dem triangles Proud

While for Inter its "dem circles" Proud
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:57 pm

I prefer our tactics from 2010/2011.

Pass to Krasic, hope he finds Quagliarella. Goal. :bow:

But seriously, Vucinic is quite under appreciated, yes he's not a goal scoring machine but he lifts the weight (Lifting pun intended banana ) off the shoulders of our other players with his tactical genius.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:59 pm

I see Marchisio as a very similar player to Steven Gerrard. With the inclusion of Llorente next season, I can see Marchisio being an SS/AM a la Gerrard when they played Torres up top by himself.

The Marchisio as a #10 under Lippi was a disaster. I dont think that it was down to Marchs ability at the time, but I dont think that he had the understanding with the players in la nazionale at the time. he works Well with Vucinic, and it certainly is exciting to see where the partnership goes from here.

But again, to reiterate, the real talking point IMO is the inclusion of Pogba in the starting XI. I truly feel that a midfield of Vidal--Pirlo--Pogba is dynamic in all phases of the game, and will allow for more balance on attack and defence. I see pogba truly coming into his own in this role if Marchisio does indeed become the SS. More like a Frank Lampard than a Patrick Viera. At least IMO, not a fact ofcourse :coffee:
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:00 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:I prefer our tactics from 2010/2011.

Pass to Krasic, hope he finds Quagliarella. Goal. :bow:

But seriously, Vucinic is quite under appreciated, yes he's not a goal scoring machine but he lifts the weight (Lifting pun intended banana ) off the shoulders of our other players with his tactical genius.

I actually prefer the 'give the ball to diego and have him get fouled every 5 seconds strategy', but this all pales in comparison to the give the ball to felipe melo strategy and have him bulldoze his way down the pitch strategy.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Diego :facepalm:

Melo was fun to watch, when he wasn't geting sent off of course Laughing

He was a good CDM but he was so blatant with his attacks on other players. He would not go for a discrete elbow, instead he would just kick a Parma player in the face rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:03 pm

The Nature Boy wrote:I see Marchisio as a very similar player to Steven Gerrard. With the inclusion of Llorente next season, I can see Marchisio being an SS/AM a la Gerrard when they played Torres up top by himself.

The Marchisio as a #10 under Lippi was a disaster. I dont think that it was down to Marchs ability at the time, but I dont think that he had the understanding with the players in la nazionale at the time. he works Well with Vucinic, and it certainly is exciting to see where the partnership goes from here.

But again, to reiterate, the real talking point IMO is the inclusion of Pogba in the starting XI. I truly feel that a midfield of Vidal--Pirlo--Pogba is dynamic in all phases of the game, and will allow for more balance on attack and defence. I see pogba truly coming into his own in this role if Marchisio does indeed become the SS. More like a Frank Lampard than a Patrick Viera. At least IMO, not a fact ofcourse :coffee:

With Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio and Pogba will be very hard to play with 5 defenders IMO.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:06 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yeah i wonder if Marchisio will be used as an SS long term with Llorente or Vucinic as the CF.

A lot of Marchisio's skill sets are suited very well to the role anyway so it could be a good thing.

Swanhends wrote:Dem triangles Proud

While for Inter its "dem circles" Proud

We don't pass the ball on the ground so we have nothing

#keepcalmandhoof
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:07 pm

Marchisio will be Trequarista like he was in the last 5-6 games when Conte, tested him. He was trequarista during the youth days and now seems he'll be again, he won't be AM/SS
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:09 pm

In order to stop that defender moving forward when Pirlo is marked, maybe the striker can following the defender with the ball and the other can press higher. However Juve's tactics and the triangle thing was impressive.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:17 pm

@like a star... This is a lineup for when we paly in Germany. I thikn it is wise to include marchisio as the link from MF to ATT rather than giovinco as in the defensive phase gio offers nothing while marchisio can get back and be the extra man in MF.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:20 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:In order to stop that defender moving forward when Pirlo is marked, maybe the striker can following the defender with the ball and the other can press higher. However Juve's tactics and the triangle thing was impressive.

Juve's tactics - good watch  Antonio+Conte+reacts+after+the+Cup+of+Italy+Juventus+vs+Napoli+at+the+Olympic+Stadium

"quite impressive, isnt it hmm "
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:25 pm

Like Dani said making sure Pirlo isn't the guy making a pass into midfield/attack isn't the worst thing in the world.

So now the problem becomes limiting Juve's ball playing defenders. I think allowing them to come forward is fine but at some point someone is going to have to make sure they aren't making an uncontested pass. I think it would best if the other team pushed up a bit and closed down the spaces just that little bit more. Juve don't have any true danger men on the wings since they rely on link up so I thnk a high line is feasible.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:29 pm

Zealous wrote:Like Dani said making sure Pirlo isn't the guy making a pass into midfield/attack isn't the worst thing in the world.

So now the problem becomes limiting Juve's ball playing defenders. I think allowing them to come forward is fine but at some point someone is going to have to make sure they aren't making an uncontested pass. I think it would best if the other team pushed up a bit and closed down the spaces just that little bit more. Juve don't have any true danger men on the wings since they rely on link up so I thnk a high line is feasible.

Indeed, we dont. i find this quite remarkable as our last coach (luigi del neri) emphasized wing play. None of those players were good enough even in a system that was devoted to wing play to an extent, and I find it quite remarkable that -NONE- of those players are in the side anymore.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Tbf the players Del Neri signed were hardly top class.

They were fillers at best and quite frankly i'd trust Licht and Asa over them any day of the week.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:35 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Tbf the players Del Neri signed were hardly top class.

They were fillers at best and quite frankly i'd trust Licht and Asa over them any day of the week.

I don't think they were fillers spruce. They were our touted signings brought in to bring juve to greatness. Delneri and secco said this.

I agree they weren't good enough that goes without question. But to relate to the topic... Conte has got more out of a defender and a cm in wide position's than a coach who had actual winters in a 442 designed for wing play.

Conte is just so much Proud
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:47 am

Craig Foster :bow: Australia Proud

He does one of these segments every week the CL is on in his Champions League Hour show.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:04 am

there is a lot of fantasy talk around here.....midfielders playing trequartista, lol
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next