Mattheus Oliveira

+2
REWB
Cassius
6 posters

Go down

Mattheus Oliveira Empty Mattheus Oliveira

Post by Cassius Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:46 pm

Mattheus Oliveira is the son of former Brazil star Bebeto, named after the German World cup winner Lothar Matthäus. He was a star days after his birth when his father, Bebeto scored vs Holland and celebrated like this for his new born child..

Since then footballers across the world have celebrated in the same style which leads it to be an iconic moment in football. Now sine the back story is out of the way i can get onto my question.

Today Juventus have signed the player that celebration was planned for, 18 year old Mattheus Oliveira, a left footed attacking midfielder from Flamengo. He's also an U21 International for Brazil.

From what i gather he's pretty much your average attacking mid with flair, an eye for a nice pass and even a goal. What stood out most from what little i'v seen are his set peices look to be great for such a young player.

So i was just wondering, cause theres a fair few brazillians on here (mainly Ganso lol), is he tipped for greatness in brazil? Does anyone know much more about him?

Any added details will be appreciated, im always interested to know as much as i can about Juve's youth.

Anyway, heres a short video i found of him, its in the link. http://www.tuttosport.com/calcio/2013/01/26-241782/Juventus,+nuovo+acquisto%3A+preso+il+figlio+di+Bebeto
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Mattheus Oliveira Empty Re: Mattheus Oliveira

Post by REWB Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:31 pm

nice wow
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Welcome to Juve, it's too early to judge the guy but Marotta just might have done it again. :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 pm

I agree and new young players like Sakor and Bonatini aswell as players who have been in the primavera for a while like Maggnusson all look like good future players! hope they can make a future at Juve.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:52 pm

From what I've seen, Mattheus has been straight up garbage and if Juventus goes through with this they'd be robbed of two million Euros. The only reason he's getting all this attention is because of his dad.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:10 pm

elitedam wrote:From what I've seen, Mattheus has been straight up garbage and if Juventus goes through with this they'd be robbed of two million Euros. The only reason he's getting all this attention is because of his dad.
Have you seen him in a full game?
I was worried about that, if his dad hadnt been bebeto would he be where he is now? I hope your wrong Elitedam.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:58 pm

Yeah, I've watched him play for Flamengo and the under 20 team. To be fair, the entire under 20 team was awful but he was equally as awful when he played with Flamengo. He's only 18 so who knows how he'll turn out but so far I haven't seen anything to warrant the level of attention he's been getting.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:29 pm

lol.. he's a brat, he feels he's entitled to what his father had.

but Elite is right, this kid is terrible.. he hasn't even debuted for Flamengo this yea, nor do I think he even makes the bench.. iirc he and Flamengo had a fallen out and was on the verge of being loaned out to Brasiliense.

Juventus good luck cuz I don't think you'll see those 2 million euros back. As average as they come.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:49 pm

he doesnt even look good on youtube tbh lol
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:53 pm

Off topic- But what happened to the youtube legend Jean Carlos Chera?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:07 pm

Casciavit wrote:Off topic- But what happened to the youtube legend Jean Carlos Chera?

He's at Atletico Paranaense.. flopped at Santos, then went to Genoa to flop some more, and then left for Flamengo where he flopped again, and now he's at Atletico PR where I'm sure he won't fit the bill.

He was good for a very young age, but that was about as much he could progress as far as development.. he doesn't have anything more he can give at a higher level or age.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:08 pm

REWB wrote:he doesnt even look good on youtube tbh lol

youtube isn't a good way to gauge talent, but he doesn't look good on a field in person, so I guess youtube is right this time.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum