Albiceleste
RealGunner
McAgger
Die Borussen
Onyx
52 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The official Modric appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official Modric appreciation thread

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm talking about his whole career not just last season.

He would be top 5 CM if his mental levels were comparable with his talent but he has shown by far it clearly isn't.

Fair play to Ancelotti if he pulls this off, i'll be watching lol.

Also the disrespect to Alonso by some people is disgusting, if it wasn't for Xavi he would be Spain's best CM in their golden generation.
Xabi is clearly one of the best Spanish players ever, or at least midfielders(the 3rd actually imo), but he is way past it.
3rd best Spanish midfielder ever? Is that what your saying?
Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso ?
Ever heard of Luis Suarez?

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The official Modric appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official Modric appreciation thread

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:59 pm

Alonso isnt even as good a player as Pep Guardiola was.

Luis Suarez on another planet in comparison.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:12 pm

Gallego >>>>>>>
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:21 pm

Pirri>
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:22 pm

So what your saying is he isnt even in the top 5?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:24 pm

Not for me. I'd Put Cesc in before him personally.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:41 pm

Alonso is a legend, you or others might not see him as such but I'm pretty sure many would put him in the top 3 all time best in the position for the Spanish NT. It's not like his trophy cabinet or performances haven't earned him that right.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:13 am

Zealous wrote:Alonso is a legend, you or others might not see him as such but I'm pretty sure many would put him in the top 3 all time best in the position for the Spanish NT. It's not like his trophy cabinet or performances haven't earned him that right.
Who puts him above Xavi, Iniesta or Luis Suarez? Perhaps someone who has never seen the other 3 play?

He hasnt earnt anything to be put above those 3.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:48 am

if modric plays at a true wc level that could be the real push we needed all along from the midfield
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:12 am

The Franchise wrote:Alonso isnt even as good a player as Pep Guardiola was.
Hold your horses. Pep was never world class unlike Alonso.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:03 am

Pep better then alonso Laughing ok
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:23 am

I'm sure your well developed 1 year old mind saw him and judged him at his peak right Giggity?
many of this forum including myself haven't seen him play, and no youtube videos don't count.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:00 am

Donuts wrote:I'm sure your well developed 1 year old mind saw him and judged him at his peak right Giggity?
many of this forum including myself haven't seen him play, and no youtube videos don't count.
Or maybe youtube videos of full games count..

you know, i might have a one year old mind, but at least I don't dedicate my life to hating someone Rolling Eyes
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:08 am

Tell me one thing Alonso could do that Pep could not?

They were very similar, except Pep was a quicker thinker, you couldnt press him into confusion like you can Alonso.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:11 am

Alonso WC rofl

Alonso was never WC and never will be. That term is thrown around here too much...

Last edited by jibers on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:14 am

The Franchise wrote:Tell me one thing Alonso could do that Pep could not?

They were very similar, except Pep was a quicker thinker, you couldnt press him into confusion like you can Alonso.
This I really want to know. So giggity you are 17...peps peak was like between 92 - 96...

That would put you around 1-2 years of age....
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:42 pm

jibers wrote:

This I really want to know. So giggity you are 17...peps peak was like between 92 - 96...

careful now he saw youtube vids! Laughing
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:49 pm

Even at his peak i didn't see Alonso as a WC mid but having said that he was a really good player and his presence on the field made a difference.

I didn't see Pep play but are you saying he was a better player than Xabi ?
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:11 pm

Alonso never WC? lol.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:27 pm

Devil's advocate here. Alonso is no way top 3 of Spain CMs but he was world class at his prime.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:03 pm

I have never understood Modric, technically the guy is a beast. He can dribble, he can pass but he is not the most effective or creative type of players. Mind boggling player scratch
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:35 am

Bénin wrote:

Even at his peak i didn't see Alonso as a WC mid but having said that he was a really good player and his presence on the field made a difference.

I didn't see Pep play but are you saying he was a better player than Xabi ?
I think so, bias as I am.

Guardiola had all the tools Alonso has, long passing and vision and a decent defensive player even though he lacked mobilty. Its all about space with the both of them really, the more space you ask them to cover the worse they are defensively. Anyway Alonso is physically tougher was, but Pep was a better tackler and used his long legs quite well to deflect passes or dribbles. Sort of like Busquets now.

He also could play the final pass, something you rarely see of Alonso. For me, Alonso is a long diagonal out to the flanks or the occassion deep ball over the top. But Guardiola got into better positions (he advanced the ball more than Alonso does/did, who is notoriously static) and could play ground passes into between defenders.

But what separates them most to me is how they deal with pressing. For like 3 years Alonso was abused by Barcelona pressing, harassed into many errors and some of his pass completion rates in those early games were incredibly bad. Only now Barcelona's pressing has become a hard hearted and disorganised mess, he has an impact in the game.

Guardiola in fairness never faced a team like Barca, but no question he faced other teams who employed pressing and when he was pressed, he was able to get out of it very often because he was simply a faster thinker with the ball than someone like Alonso. Just like Busquets now, he is capable of shielding the ball to buy time, capable of holding onto the ball for that split second longer so a teammate can create a passing angle and capable of turning and spinning out of danger into safer areas with 1 touch or even 0 touches. Things you rarely see of Alonso.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:44 am

Donuts wrote:
jibers wrote:

3 years older

you're a big boy Proud congrats

guess people actually took my post seriously.. Rolling Eyes

I haven't seen pep (obviously) play but I've always been a huge critic of alonso.. dude needs an arm and a leg to help him play properly, slower then a tractor, and causes needless fouls
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:05 am

Anybody advocating Pep as an all time NT great is honestly biased and lying about seeing him play... Alonso is clearly superior. Why? I'll tell you why...
Pep hit his peak at a similar time to the true great... A man called Fernando Hierro, who occupied the DM and sometimes CB position for Spain for many years... Pep on the other hand didn't even make 50 caps. Alonso, as static as he may be, has won not only the World Cup, but also 2 European Championships as an integral member of the Spanish midfield (well, not so much in 08).

Xabi wins
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
Donuts wrote:
jibers wrote:This I really want to know. So giggity you are 17...peps peak was like between 92 - 96...

3 years older

you're a big boy Proud congrats

guess people actually took my post seriously.. Rolling Eyes

I haven't seen pep (obviously) play but I've always been a huge critic of alonso.. dude needs an arm and a leg to help him play properly, slower then a tractor, and causes needless fouls
Are you really this dumb?
I stated I neither watched Guardiola, but called you out on a stupid post clearly knowing you haven't watched him either seeing as you were 1 year old on his peak.
and I would assume people took your post seriously? where was the joke in it? lmao maybe you are the joke.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:21 pm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next