Flick
Raptorgunner
REWB
Lex
Highburied
36 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ramsey deserves more respect! Empty Ramsey deserves more respect!

Post by Highburied Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:32 pm

I like him and i believe on his potential.

Gunners are being too harsh on this young player.

Go scapegoating somewhere else ffs!

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Ramsey deserves more respect! Empty Re: Ramsey deserves more respect!

Post by Lex Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:11 pm

He's stopped being flashy and focuses more on the task at hand. I agree, he deserves a bit more respect
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:45 pm

yup we does, he has improved a bit. however that does not take away from the fact that he is a squad player at best, and should not be in the starting 11 for a club like arsenal. today he passed it around okay but thats not enough. he was slow on the ball which slowed our game down and his decisions making in the final third again was childish and nonclinical. NOT good enough, and anyone that says that is good enough needs to watch more football to learn what a top midfielder is.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:46 pm

I am sorry, but what has he done to deserve any respect?

Average player and he is lucky Wenger keeps giving him minutes. He should not be playing for a top team. Arsenal is full of average and Ramsey is just right at home.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Flick Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:08 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:I am sorry, but what has he done to deserve any respect?

Average player and he is lucky Wenger keeps giving him minutes. He should not be playing for a top team. Arsenal is full of average and Ramsey is just right at home.

Uh I'm sorry but did you not read the first post where it specifically says that we should stop scapegoating him for loses? Almost every game post match analysis in this forum blames him for the loss. It was Ramsey last year and now it's Ramsey and Gervinho this year.

Flick
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:13 pm

Flick wrote:

Uh I'm sorry but did you not read the first post where it specifically says that we should stop scapegoating him for loses? Almost every game post match analysis in this forum blames him for the loss. It was Ramsey last year and now it's Ramsey and Gervinho this year.

No this this year is the entire team, more than half of team is not good enough for a top team.

My problem with team is Wenger and Giroud.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:53 pm

He is midfield player and Wenger mostly plays him out of position where he always or mostly does decent job. He played RB which isnt his natural position of course but he did well according to me. There are so many players to blame for the defeat but he isnt one of them. Yes he missed one easy chance but that doesnt make him the culprit.

Last edited by djoe26 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:19 pm

Today's loss had nothing to do with Ramsey, it was a whole team loss.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Flick Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:35 am

djoe26 wrote:He is midfield player and Wenger mostly plays him out of position where he always or mostly does decent job. He played RB which isnt his natural position of course but he did well according to me. There are so many players to blame for the defeat but he isnt one of them. Yes he missed one easy chance but that doesnt make him the culprit.

Everytime I see him start, he rarely starts in the midfield anymore. It's rather frustrating as a fan of his to see him get pummeled by opinion of the fans to death when he's doing decent out of position. The only scoring chances we had against Tottenham was with Ramsey at RB. He seemed forced to play RW, and RB which he's not. I know most people don't see it but he's slowly getting better and better every game.

Flick
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:28 am

Ramsey is a natural center midfielder.

Slowly, should displace Arteta cause thats where he belongs.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:40 am

He deserves respect for his talent YES
He deserves games for his talent YES
He deserves games in this arsenal side NO

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:46 am

Wilshere and Ramsey are trending in opposite directions because of how they have been treated.

Wilshere has been put in a position to succeed and his development seems to always come first in the team plans. Yet we treat Ramsey like a friggin role of ducktape. Just throw him into whatever hole we have in the line up today, doesn't matter.

Hes a Central midfielder and he's getting minutes at RB for ****s sake. Being thrown out on the wings constantly. We've done everything short of throwing a pair of gloves on him and making him a keeper.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:27 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:Wilshere and Ramsey are trending in opposite directions because of how they have been treated.

Wilshere has been put in a position to succeed and his development seems to always come first in the team plans. Yet we treat Ramsey like a friggin role of ducktape. Just throw him into whatever hole we have in the line up today, doesn't matter.

Hes a Central midfielder and he's getting minutes at RB for ****s sake. Being thrown out on the wings constantly. We've done everything short of throwing a pair of gloves on him and making him a keeper.

Very well said.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:28 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:Wilshere and Ramsey are trending in opposite directions because of how they have been treated.

We have better Wingers, but every game we see Ramsey who is not good enouph to play there. Wenger knows best I guess? Why did Wenger take off Jenkinson?

Ramsey and half of the team are not good enouph to play for a big club. We used to create the most amount of chances now we are lucky to create one a game. Why must Wenger keep trying new positions for Ramsey?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:59 am

The problem is that there are better players than Ramsey that play in his preferred position - Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla and Rosicky - so it's hard to give him the necessary time to really find form in central midfield. Although playing on the flank or filling in at right back is far from ideal for a developing player, some time is better than no time. Bare in mind he got plenty of chances last season to stake a claim for a regular first team spot.

I don't agree we just throw him into any role that needs filling because there's been games where he's been selected over Chamberlain/Gervais/Podolski to play on the flank. He's only played right back twice: once when we had a player sent off and yesterday when Wenger wanted to get an extra midfielder on.

Recently, he has started games in central midfield and he played there mostly against Sunderland and against Spurs. He might pop on the flanks sometimes because our midfield likes to change positions when Cazorla comes in off the left flank. He's done well in recent games and although he still has a problem with lingering on the ball a bit too long, he has simplified his game so he isn't losing the ball as often as used to. If he keeps working hard and develops the defensive side of his game a bit more he could replace Arteta in this team. Failing that, becoming an well-rounded player that can fill in for multiple positions would be very useful.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:05 am

Last season, on 4 Feb 12, Wenger finally woke up and replaced Ramsey with Rosicky. The Arsenal attack was instantly unleashed and they won 7 in a row and the Champs League hopes were saved.

I have nothing against Ramsey, he is a workhorse but lacks quality, he needs to loaned out for his own good. I think he is trying too hard and worried about his position, no is not a time for Wenger to gamble with Arsenal.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:19 pm

Nice kid. Nasty injury.

But that was 3 years ago.

If he's playing so much he must be fit.

Something does confuse me. It's seems ok to slate Santos and Gervinho...but not Ramsey.

He's like a protected species. Maybe it's sympathy for the injury.

My point is this.

He plays for Arsenal. Arsenal. As in Arsenal football club.

Would he get a game at Utd? Chelsea? City? Liverpool? Spurs? Everton? West Brom? QPR?

The poor lad has been messed around. DM one week. Left wing the next. Right back the next. That can't help. I'm not sure what the lad is though? Maybe that's the problem Wenger is having.

DM? Not for me.
Box to box? Not a powerful runner. Too easily knocked off the ball.
Creative midfield? Not many assists/goals to his name.
A 'tempo' player like Pirlo/Xavi? Doesn't read the game well enough for that at the moment. Maybe one day that's his best hope...but it's a long shot.

The only reason many fans get on his back is because Wenger keeps picking him, despite having Rosicky or Podolski waiting in the wings. We go along with it (worrying) and when we fall flat on our arse again we get frustrated. It's more of a 'play Rosicky/Poldi' than a go at Ramsey.

I would send him out on loan. Try and get him to play CM at a club and control the tempo of games. Perhaps in an easier league like France. Bring him back and see how it goes.

I can't ever see him as a DM or a box to box player.

furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:32 pm

Ramsey would easily start for any team currently below us
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:40 pm

Lex wrote:Ramsey would easily start for any team currently below us

Liverpool? no
Everton? no
Swansea? no

I dont think he can get in to Newcastle also, he is just a average player at best. We only have few players above average.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:09 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Lex wrote:Ramsey would easily start for any team currently below us

Liverpool? no
Everton? no
Swansea? no

I dont think he can get in to Newcastle also, he is just a average player at best. We only have few players above average.

He is not average, he is got the potential to be a good player. He just needs to work on certain aspect of his game. People expect him to do far too much.

He would get into Everton's team and Swansea, if the likes of hitzlsperger, Osman, Gibson, Augustien can play for these team why can't Ramsey play them.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:25 pm

My point (and many gooners) is that Ramsey may be ok. But ‘ok’ isn’t good enough for Arsenal.

There is no way Ramsey should start over Rosicky in CM or Podolski on the left. Even Oxlade Chamberlain is a better option in my opinion.

Nothing to do with respect. It's to do with wanting us to win games!

10 games left and we need all hands to the pump. Ramsey may become a player one day..but we can't wait at this very moment.

Rosicky and Podolski can also play poorly. However, they can tear defences to pieces on a good day.

We need game changers in the side or we can forget 4th (I've almost given up hope as I doubt Wenger will change).

This is 'Arsenal football club', not the 'Aaron Ramsey is an ok player so let's keep playing him despite nothing seemingly coming from it club'.

Don't settle for 'ok'.

That's what Liverpool have been doing and look where it got them.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:00 pm

highburied wrote:Ramsey is a natural center midfielder.

I agree with this although I would start him instead of Artetta. Ramsey tracks back and plays better defense. So since we do not have a DM he is a better choice.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:09 pm

6unner wrote:

I agree with this although I would start him instead of Artetta. Ramsey tracks back and plays better defense. So since we do not have a DM he is a better choice.

But Arteta is more composed, Ramsey easily losses the ball when he is pressed upon
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:47 pm

Legend wrote:
6unner wrote:

But Arteta is more composed, Ramsey easily losses the ball when he is pressed upon

So far this year I would be more inclined to play Ramsey. He is faster, more athletic and plays better defense. Wilshere and Cazorla can deal with the composure taking the ball forward. Besides when Artetta was injured and Ramsey play his position is was the best that Ramsey has looked all year and the team seemed at least to me to flow better.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:52 am

I'm not Ramsey's biggest fan right now, if I'm honest. Bizarrely, this has nothing to do with Ramsey per se - more to do with the fact Wenger has got him playing every role, bar the one he was initially bought for.

When Ramsey is playing as a wide attacker, if find myself cursing left right and centre. But it's actually the fault of that idiot Wenger who's ruining Ramsey.

I agree with Raptor - Ramsey is average! I don't want to hear about 'potential' and 'promise', Ramsey is straight up average.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next