Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

+51
M99
McAgger
Hapless_Hans
FennecFox7
Doc
futbol
Curtinho
chad4401
Myesyats
Dnmac4
Claudio84
Winter is Coming
Kaladin
Collblanc
Valkyrja
Freeza
The Franchise
jontsu
Onyx
jibers
zenmaster
Pedram
free_cat
Mr Nick09
titosantill
EarlyPrototype
Thimmy
Be/\/ceCALI
Gil
B-Mac
Kick
Tomwin Lannister
zigra
Donuts
farfan
Casciavit
BarrileteCosmico
zizzle
Firenze
sportsczy
Lucifer
LeSwagg James
rwo power
El Gunner
Lex
futbol_bill
Jack Daniels
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Harmonica
izzy
RealGunner
55 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:44 pm

One of the greatest players of all time without a doubt. World will never see someone like him ever again. But even then he gets treated like shit and rated behind players such as Hazard and Iniesta (no disrespect) Laughing


Why is it so hard to admit he is top 2 of this generation and easily top 20 of all time. Is it because he is handsome that guys feel inferior? or rich that people are jealous? or talented and people envy him?

Or all of the above?



https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQLbQNhWsAAp6PY.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQLOGXyXAAEsaDr.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQLIFkuWgAAEio_.jpg

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89513
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by izzy Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:46 pm

He gets the respect he deserves................. unless you're talking about Chad, who thinks Benzema is the 2nd coming of Moses and is Ronlado's "equal". Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by Harmonica Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:47 pm

Doesn't get respect? The guy is the most overrated footballer of all-time ffs.  :facepalm:

3 Ballon d'Or's, Gerd Müller says hello with one.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 14117
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:48 pm

Dunno RG if you look at things in general he gets the respect he deserves and then some.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68989
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:51 pm

RG is probably pertaining to the respect he gets within this forum.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3263
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:52 pm

I think the majority do here as well, it's an extremely loud minority that make their voice heard. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68989
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by futbol_bill Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:55 pm

He doesn't get the respect because of his attitude. Constant complaining whining, ball hog, not celebrating team, only his goals. As a player, he is no doubt one of the best of all time, but you also have to look at his number of shots and his efficiency isn't as good as one would expect. Overall, I think he and Messi are in a class by themselves, but I can think of many from years go by that I would rate higher, but different times, different game.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6986
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by izzy Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:56 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I think the majority do here as well, it's an extremely loud minority that make their voice heard. Laughing

Jiopsi, Chad, Donuts etc.

They are a loud minority Laughing But, I think most people here just laugh at them or not take them seriously. I'm yet to see them actually involved in a constructive "sane" debate.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by Lex Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:01 pm

Might have something to do with him being a titanic bellend
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15099
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by El Gunner Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:09 pm

It's deep rooted in society too lean towards the guy with the cleaner more civiled rep (Messi), society doesn't quite understand and/or appreciate and condone behaviour which doesn't resemble the humble, respectful hero type. And with the constant obsession of comparing like the Messi vs Ronaldo debate, this "heronising" and "villainising" of these two stars starts to go to levels of extremism within society as it is human nature for people to classify, so Messi will be the good boy, and Ronaldo the bad guy.

Basically that.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 22803
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by rwo power Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:44 pm

Handsome? o_O I beg to differ. IMO he's majorly uncute. :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko
Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:45 pm

Because he acts like a little girl on the pitch and offers absolutely nothing outside of goal scoring. It's simple really.
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 6587
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by Lucifer Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:52 pm

rwo power wrote:Handsome? o_O I beg to differ. IMO he's majorly uncute. :coffee:
what if he plays as goalkeeper hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8401
Join date : 2015-06-16
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by sportsczy Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:53 pm

Nothing to do with his looks or goalscoring performance... he's just not a likeable person and, until very recently, he was a complete punk in terms of team play. He's so arrogant and selfish on and off the pitch that you can't like him unless you're just a devout fan of his.

It's not that he doesn't have fans... he has plenty. But gets no sympathy at all among the neutral football fans while many other superstars did/do because of his behavior.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 21477
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by Firenze Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:00 pm

hard to like him on a personal level

but impossible to not acknowledge his prowess as a goalscorer Molenation
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 34248
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:07 pm

Tbh i think it's mainly because his goals like it or not hasn't really translated to team success.

1 CL, 1 La Liga and 1 spanish cup isn't exactly a great record in 6 years he's been there.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68989
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by rwo power Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:08 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:what if he plays as goalkeeper hmm
Naa, wouldn't make him cuter. He always appears so "verkniffen" (squinched?), and when he tries to smile, I always have the impression it is artificial and not honest somehow. His whole bearing is unlikeable in my eyes.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko
Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by zizzle Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:23 am

Am i imagining things or some Madrid fans on this forum were saying that they play. Etter without him on the pitch. Thats why he doesnt get the respect "he deserves", because while being the super player he is, his individualism will always cast a dark shadow on his legacy.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 103

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:32 am

zizzle wrote:Am i imagining things or some Madrid fans on this forum were saying that they play. Etter without him on the pitch. Thats why he doesnt get the respect "he deserves", because while being the super player he is, his individualism will always cast a dark shadow on his legacy.
Some Barca fans (okay, fan) has been known to say that as well.

I think it's just because he's had the fortune/misfortune of playing at the same time than Messi. Had he been born 10 years earlier he would be remembered much more fondly and higher.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28293
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by Casciavit Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:48 am

Historically, poachers have never gotten the same appreciation as creative attackers, and rightfully so.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 9462
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:54 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
zizzle wrote:Am i imagining things or some Madrid fans on this forum were saying that they play. Etter without him on the pitch. Thats why he doesnt get the respect "he deserves", because while being the super player he is, his individualism will always cast a dark shadow on his legacy.
Some Barca fans (okay, fan) has been known to say that as well.

I think it's just because he's had the fortune/misfortune of playing at the same time than Messi. Had he been born 10 years earlier he would be remembered much more fondly and higher.


I disagree with that actually, i think he's been lucky to be born in this era actually considering how people are obsessed with stats now.

If he was around in the 80s or 90s where it was more about what you provided in terms of trophies and highlight moments more than it was how many goals or assists you got he would have got a lot less respect than he does.

Genuinely do believe that if Ronaldo and Zidane were around in this era that they would have not been remembered as fondly as they were. Not because they were frauds or anything or they wouldn't be 2 of the best players around but because of how number-centric the game has become.

So if anything i don't see it that way and he's been lucky he was born in this era.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68989
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by farfan Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:01 am

but ( goal ) stats were always the main metric used to judge strikers/ wide forwards .
if a striker is scoring  shitloads of goals,  then he's doing his job .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 5659
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:05 am

Not to mention he's been able to do it at a ridiculously consistent basis. Part of why Ronaldo/Zidane are remembered so fondly is nostalgia as well, which I suppose Ronaldo will also benefit from after retirement, although will people be nostalgic about an era where RM did not win much?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28293
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:07 am

Not to the extent it is now though.

Otherwise Ronaldo wouldn't be rated as highly as he is as his goal record isn't as amazing as someone who is considered one of if the best CFs ever would be.

He got that reputation based off his performances in big games and contributing to team success not because he had the numbers to back it up.

Nobody really cared back then like they do now, it wasn't even considered really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68989
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by farfan Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:10 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Not to mention he's been able to do it at a ridiculously consistent basis. Part of why Ronaldo/Zidane are remembered so fondly is nostalgia as well, which I suppose Ronaldo will also benefit from after retirement, although will people be nostalgic about an era where RM did not win much?


brazilian Ronaldo is still remembered fondly even though most of his teams didn't win squat .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 5659
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum